• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

SNG

Smash Journeyman
Hihi. I think a few of us from LJ are down for this thursday. How many set ups do you have? Your address is the one from two pages back, right?? We might be able to bring two tvs and gcs.

:phone:

Sizzle

I paint controllers
I have two setups, and yes my address is the same. I have room for more setups if you would like to bring them. The real problem is lack of chairs. As long as people don't mind sitting on the floor, feel free to bring more setups.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
It seems like were going to have a big group today so Sunny you guys might need to bring a setup or two. If you want to text me when you're close I can help you guys unload the TVs. 512-948-2858. Look forward to playing today.

:phone:

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Thanks for having us over, Josh! It was fun. Hopefully we'll all head down your way again soon.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
Anyone here interested in Project:M?

Demo 2 releases in 2 days! :D
I didn't like how everyone lands a few frames earlier. It messes up timing for SHFL. I noticed it the most for fox and falco. Until this is fixed, i'm not sure if i want to play it. Letting us set the buffer, however made some things much easier. Things like jabbing as quickly as possible as ganon, or just doing waveland to ftilt is easy. I think fox still has a few bugs, sometimes z will continue his jab combo and occasionally his shine forces a trip. Another bug (not sure if fixed yet) is that you can still auto sweet spot from a reverse thirdjump. For example, a Marth could do a reverse dolphin slash from under the stage and be able to auto sweetspot the ledge.

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
I might be able to have a few people over, but I'm not really sure. I'll find out about it soon.
fallenova, if you ever want to come over and play just ask me and I'll give you directions on how to get over here. Just be warned, I only have one controller and it's in bad shape,so bring your own.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I didn't like how everyone lands a few frames earlier. It messes up timing for SHFL. I noticed it the most for fox and falco. Until this is fixed, i'm not sure if i want to play it. Letting us set the buffer, however made some things much easier. Things like jabbing as quickly as possible as ganon, or just doing waveland to ftilt is easy. I think fox still has a few bugs, sometimes z will continue his jab combo and occasionally his shine forces a trip. Another bug (not sure if fixed yet) is that you can still auto sweet spot from a reverse thirdjump. For example, a Marth could do a reverse dolphin slash from under the stage and be able to auto sweetspot the ledge.
Landing detection has been much more Melee-esque in PM for a long time. We've had things better in that regard since before Genesis 2.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
Landing detection has been much more Melee-esque in PM for a long time. We've had things better in that regard since before Genesis 2.
i see, i've only played demo v1 and the team hasn't made any updates to the OP in the project m thread here for a long time.

Morin0

Smash Lord
My phone got stolen <_< so message me here if you want to play Bryant, or whoever else.
Ah, that sucks. I guess I should remove your phone number from my CONTACTS.

Do tri weeklies stll happen? Man I haven't been to San Diego in a year...crazy =(
zomg

it's EdreesesPieces! They haven't happened in a while. It's kind of a bummer too.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I'm going to be in San Diego next week for a conference, and I'll have some free time Friday and Saturday. It'd be cool to meet up with some smashers if anyone's free. I haven't had a chance to play much the past two years, so I'm itching to get back in the game.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
I'm going to be in San Diego next week for a conference, and I'll have some free time Friday and Saturday. It'd be cool to meet up with some smashers if anyone's free. I haven't had a chance to play much the past two years, so I'm itching to get back in the game.
What time will you be free each day? Both nights are busy for me, but the afternoon is free for me both days.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Where will you be staying? The two concentrations of players are located around the universities of San Diego State (where I live) and UCSD. The schools are a bit far from each other so were kind of scattered in that sense, and I can't speak for the UCSD kids about their availability, but I can for sure have you over at my place. I'd also be down to go to UCSD if there was a group that wanted to get together if you want to play as many people as possible.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I'm somewhat closer to University of San Diego--about 6 miles away. I'll be on the beach peninsula-type thing just west of SeaWorld (Mission Beach???). It's about a 45-minute bus ride to University of San Diego and an hour to UCSD, so really, I'd be up for either.

Do you have any preference Friday vs. Saturday?

Top Bottom