• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Well, a guy contacted me via email and said he lives like 2 minutes away from me via Google Earth and the GSC. He says he's back from college for the winter break and wants to smash with our gang, so I dunno...maybe Tuesday next week?

Rickety

Peace and Love
Well, a guy contacted me via email and said he lives like 2 minutes away from me via Google Earth and the GSC. He says he's back from college for the winter break and wants to smash with our gang, so I dunno...maybe Tuesday next week?
Was it Myth? He contacted Tony on AIM today and said he lived on Rancho Bernardo Road, literally a minute away from me! I told him to come over right away, and he did!

Thanks for coming over and smashing at my house, myth :] Both your Falcon and Falco are very good, and you almost had Tony. Falcon dittos are crazy. :] As long as you're still here at Winter Break (and other friends, too) I plan on holding 2 tournaments before the year ends!

Harmony Mini-Tournament Smashfest Part II - The Sequel to the first Harmony tournament smashfest :] Everyone is invited!

The King of Rancho Bernardo Tournament - A tournament for RB smashers who like to play, but not at a super serious level with tournament level people.

This way both groups are happy! :]

bye san diego!

<3
rickety

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
Was it Myth? He contacted Tony on AIM today and said he lived on Rancho Bernardo Road, literally a minute away from me! I told him to come over right away, and he did!

Thanks for coming over and smashing at my house, myth :] Both your Falcon and Falco are very good, and you almost had Tony. Falcon dittos are crazy. :] As long as you're still here at Winter Break (and other friends, too) I plan on holding 2 tournaments before the year ends!

Harmony Mini-Tournament Smashfest Part II - The Sequel to the first Harmony tournament smashfest :] Everyone is invited!

The King of Rancho Bernardo Tournament - A tournament for RB smashers who like to play, but not at a super serious level with tournament level people.

This way both groups are happy! :]

bye san diego!

<3
rickety
When is this? I should be able to come, and I have a cube to pretend I can practice!! <_<"

Is the King of RB Tournament my level, or still far above? o.o

Zack353

Smash Ace
You seem to be bored a lot, vietgamer..

Hm, if I were to host a smashfest at my house over winter break would anyone be interested?

Rickety

Peace and Love
When is this? I should be able to come, and I have a cube to pretend I can practice!! <_<"

Is the King of RB Tournament my level, or still far above? o.o
It will be this winter break, most likely. And yes, you are allowed to participate in both tournaments, since you are a resident of Rancho Bernardo and your skill level is perfect for it :]

Tentative list of participants for the RB tournament:

Rickety - Dr. Mario
SA3Tony - Captain Falcon
St. Patrick - Ganondorf
Paul Mitchell - Ice Climbers

Myth - Captain Falcon
Holmie- Samus
Lark - Yoshi
Gentle Bones - Sheik

Evan Wolf - Marth
Nicky<3 - Peach
Silas - Marth
Ryan Holmes - Fox
Sam Ramos - Marth
Amber Nicole - Peach
Jorge Ramos - Link
Panic Sean - Fox

yugomitch - Sheik
Loki - Marth
E-boi - Kirby
Jessi - Roy
socialgrit - Marth
Afrobot - Dr. Mario
Farfie - Roy
D'King - Samus
Ashley Cipp - Roy
The Wallaby - Luigi
Hunt0r - Jigglypuff
Xtian - Link
Free Freakster - Kirby

Hopefully ALL of San Diego makes the Harmont Pt. 2 tournament! :]

Come to both, will!

You seem to be bored a lot, vietgamer..

Hm, if I were to host a smashfest at my house over winter break would anyone be interested?
Michael loves being bored :-P

I would most deinitely make it, as long as I wasn't working or something like that :] yay wonder boy!

Happy Late Birthday Zack! <3

bbbooster

RAINBOW FLOWER MEGA CANNON
Count me in, Ricky!
Can't wait to play you guys again! (I'm lookin' at you, Doodles!! :p)
I'll be in the RB tournament, as well!

Should we bring our other games and stuff again? Maybe we could have a little pokemon tournament on the side for whoever's interested! :)
LOL, it's like the only other game I play competitively XD
(I mainly have level 50's though, my level 100's are the legendaries I used for Journey Across America, and any good pokemon player knows how broken legendaries are!)

Any other ideas for side-events? If we hold any at all?

paulmitchel haircare

Smash Apprentice
It will be this winter break, most likely. And yes, you are allowed to participate in both tournaments, since you are a resident of Rancho Bernardo and your skill level is perfect for it :]

Rickety - Dr. Mario
SA3Tony - Captain Falcon
St. Patrick - Ganondorf

Myth - Captain Falcon
Holmie- Samus
Lark - Yoshi
Gentle Bones - Sheik

Evan Wolf - Marth
Nicky<3 - Peach
Silas - Marth
Ryan Holmes - Fox
Sam Ramos - Marth
Amber Nicole - Peach
Jorge Ramos - Link
Panic Sean - Fox

yugomitch - Sheik
Loki - Marth
E-boi - Kirby
Jessi - Roy
socialgrit - Marth
Afrobot - Dr. Mario
Farfie - Roy
D'King - Samus
Ashley Cipp - Roy
The Wallaby - Luigi
Hunt0r - Jigglypuff
Xtian - Link
Free Freakster - Kirby

Come to both, will!
A Rickety, I reside on Ted Williams Parkway, 10 minutes away. Can I participate in your tournies?

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
Count me in, Ricky!
Can't wait to play you guys again! (I'm lookin' at you, Doodles!! :p)
I'll be in the RB tournament, as well!

Should we bring our other games and stuff again? Maybe we could have a little pokemon tournament on the side for whoever's interested! :)
LOL, it's like the only other game I play competitively XD
(I mainly have level 50's though, my level 100's are the legendaries I used for Journey Across America, and any good pokemon player knows how broken legendaries are!)

Any other ideas for side-events? If we hold any at all?
heheh

Kirby is cute, but he sux. XD I hope I can find a cool character to beat you and not have to resort to Link(he's tooo cheap). =p

I think having other things to do besides play smash is a great idea. Wii, DS, PS2... anything multiplayer. Just some stuff off of the top of my head: 3S, GGXX, Wii Sports, Tetris... MvC2? lol I dunno, mostly I just hope for more time to do stuff. ASP and I have a stupid curfew. T_T

As for the Harmony banner, *sigh* I think I'm gonna start over on it, the one that I drew isn't working, and the end was kinda rushed. I'll take Rickety's idea about only including those of us that go to the boards. Nicky, feel free to make a banner if you'd like, i'm slow/a procrastinator =p

Soo, when/where is Harmony pt. II gonna be? <3 I (and most likely ASP) would love to help out with anything, if at all possible.

PS - I beat Super Mario 64 having only 16 stars! Virtual Console RAWKS! :3

ASP

Smash Apprentice
For sure. RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE.

Harmony part II =))))) If we are gonna do games other than smash, I think we need to have a tetris tourney!! =P Giulty gear XX sounds good for me. Yay fun!

Reverse dolphin slash combo!!

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
Link cheap?!?! peach is cheap, and paul,, your too good to enter.....jk

When are these tourniments, and is it for money rick?

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace

Rickety - Dr. Mario
SA3Tony - Captain Falcon
St. Patrick - Ganondorf

Myth - Captain Falcon
Holmie- Samus
Lark - Yoshi
Gentle Bones - Sheik

Evan Wolf - Marth
Nicky<3 - Peach
Silas - Marth
Ryan Holmes - Fox
Sam Ramos - Marth
Amber Nicole - Peach
Jorge Ramos - Link
Panic Sean - Fox

yugomitch - Sheik
Loki - Marth
E-boi - Kirby
Jessi - Roy
socialgrit - Marth
Afrobot - Dr. Mario
Farfie - Roy
D'King - Samus
Ashley Cipp - Roy
The Wallaby - Luigi
Hunt0r - Jigglypuff
Xtian - Link
Free Freakster - Kirby

Happy Late Birthday Zack! <3
Oh my god, are there seriously that many RB smashers?! How do I not know ANY of them!? Nuts. We should keep it just within RB -- that would be a fun way to meet people that are right around the area.

And is that a makeshift tier listing of the RB area? Haha.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I'd like to make it to the next smashfest even though i'm in Orange County for the next month, just to kick it with SD and Harmony. . When exactly is it? (Sorry if it's been said, there's several new pages of information here, heh)

Zack353

Smash Ace
Ok, never mind. I guess I won't hold one then, too much things going on + people don't care >_>

SA2Jeff

Smash Apprentice
ya when is harmony pt II going to happen? i want to go ^____^

i been practicing falco...uh oh... ahahaha sike, nah my falco sucks but i want to try it out. who wants to play next weekend, i have to study for finals this weekend but after that, i'm free to play ALL day EVERYDAY

lol can i be king of rb even tho i'm from pq?

SnoW86

Smash Rookie
Edrees, where you at in OC? I'm from there so my friends and I smash it up every now and then. Maybe we could meet up at some point over break.

Rickety

Peace and Love
When are these tourniments, and is it for money rick?
With a little luck, both of these tournaments will happen before winter break ends. And they'd both be for free! :]

and i have pokemon..card game and sapphire/emerald...
lets go!
What level pokemon do you use? 50's? 100's? Standards? Ubers? UU's?

Oh my god, are there seriously that many RB smashers?! How do I not know ANY of them!? Nuts. We should keep it just within RB -- that would be a fun way to meet people that are right around the area.

And is that a makeshift tier listing of the RB area? Haha.
Yeah, it's a list of people who play smash on a semi-consistent basis, or who go through phases of playing the game a lot, then stopping for a while. And yeah, it's a best-to-worst list. Not like it really matters, though, not much of a point in saying "I'm the best smash player in a Halo2/WoW/Senior Citizen community!" :-P

I'd like to make it to the next smashfest even though i'm in Orange County for the next month, just to kick it with SD and Harmony. . When exactly is it? (Sorry if it's been said, there's several new pages of information here, heh)
Harmony is the name of a crew of bright young smash enthusiasts :] We want Edrees training! I'll be sure to eat a lot before we play ;)

Ok, never mind. I guess I won't hold one then, too much things going on + people don't care >_>
I want a Zack-fest... :-(

ya when is harmony pt II going to happen? i want to go ^____^

lol can i be king of rb even tho i'm from pq?

You're too good for RB! We'd all be no match for you :(
Maybe.... Condo presents the King of PQ? :-P

Haha, if this keeps up we'll end up having:

The King of Poway
The King of Escondido
The King of Chula Vista
The King of Skyline
The King of Paradise Hills/National City
The King of Rickety's room
The King of that run-down-apartment-complex-next-to-the-Jiffy Lube-on 3rd Street

the list goes on and on... :-P :]

love,
rickety

EDIT: You are right, Paul. Your house does fall under the RB district, so that makes you eligible for the RB only tournament in addition to the Harmony Part II tournament for everyone! :]

I just realized, since the RB only tournament was meant for Rancho Bernardo residents who aren't super serious/ tournament level players, but now I see Rickety, Tony, St. Patrick, Paul Mitchell, Myth, Holmie.... It's gonna be so stacked in our favor. Not even fair for the non-tournament people! Almost defeats the purpose of an RB-only tournament :-P

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
I'll be at both. I might be bringing as many as three other players with me if things go well.

(Will) - Silas - Marth, Roy for Low Tier (surprisingly fun to play o.o)
(Bill) - Elec - Sheik
(????) - ???? - Sheik (a guy at work)
(Grant) - Blackhawk - Working on something ATM, Pikachu for Low Tier

The guy from work I'm not sure, but he's at about as good as Bill and I. Grant mained Pikachu but picked up a secret weapon who he has a love-hate relationship with. We were going to have a little smash as his dorm just so I can test him out and give him some tips.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
So, Rickety, that's 6 serious smashers out of about 30 people you listed? That seems fine. We can teach peoples! When is this gonna happen? I'm free this weekend, and break starts next week so I have the entire week free!! (Except monday, probably going snowboarding at Big Bear WOO!!!)

SnoW86

Smash Rookie
I'm in Anaheim.
Sweet deal. I'm in Yorba Linda, but we usually play at my friend's place in Villa Park. If you wanna try and hook up a game sometime over the break then let me know. We probably aren't as good as people you're used to playing (I just watched the crew battle vid of UCSD and UCI) but we're not nubbish. Hope to see ya around!

cell - 714/345/1418

~SnoW

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
http://youtube.com/watch?v=guu4tq3R-sg

I just think this vid is VERY accurate in relation to recent events, and I want to get the point across to those who didn't want to read both the block of text and my poem. Credit for sharing the vid goes to ASP.
haha, yeah, when the evolution of goldenmuffin happened i thought about this scene in the game. but you know Ryan... it still doesn't change the fact that Akzeriuth is gone along with the lives of thousands of people.

LOL, jk.

So yeah, anybody wanna play this weekend? Maybe we can see Ryan's new haircut?

XDDDDDD ok ok, i'm done being stupid. =P

I think you were the only one on this thread who got the Altered Beast reference. +1 point for you.

if there is harmony 2 please bring tv's and cubes....

and stay later asp and doodles, and thier peeps
We'll remember our TV this time!!! And I wish we could've stayed longer... =( maybe it could start a lil' earlier this time? >_>

Alright, enough chit-chat. We'd better get a move on if we're to prevent St. Binah from falling.

XDDD I'm soo kewl.

ASP

Smash Apprentice
^^^wtf XD

I don't think anyone has played that game but us....... Has anyone played Tales of the Abyss? If it was Tales of the Abyss, and Zephyr would be Luke.... Rickety would be Asch, which is a horrible comparision. Only because Asch is a jerk.

zomg nm.

St. Binah, wtf. It's a stupid town anyway. =P

Smaaaasshhhu.

Slider619

Smash Journeyman
http://youtube.com/watch?v=guu4tq3R-sg

I just think this vid is VERY accurate in relation to recent events, and I want to get the point across to those who didn't want to read both the block of text and my poem. Credit for sharing the vid goes to ASP.
this scene is reminisce of a scene i saw a few years ago in Final Fantasy 9.

i liked the scene in FF9 more :chuckle:

edit: not to say that this isnt a good scene.

edit2: im bored

Nwordtim

Smash Journeyman
The King of Chula Vista
The King of Skyline
The King of Paradise Hills/National City
That wheres it's at all of it .... :lick:

Also if anyone wants to come on down to my house in south bay area on Sunday I guess it's cool just AIM me, SN: Nworddomi (how original) I give you address and everything else.

Top Bottom