• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

ASP

Smash Apprentice
Tony! I want a rematch! I couldn't concentrate with all that annoying GaW buzzing in the background. =P Mindgames son.

Friday sounds good. Anyone got a place to smash...? =D

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
I think we could use our place for friday, if it's a small gathering. Somewhere else would be preferred though >.> Don't get me wrong, it's just our parents are a little phsyco. ~_~ ;

P.S. - o'side: i would own you guys in MvC2 =P, but I don't think ima make it up on thurs.

vietgamer1021

Smash Journeyman
San Diego, California (being bored, so I'm going t
meh if its possible, and if its happening, can i get a ride to your place, polina bros?

tony, we havent played 1v1 at all (except maybe like a while back) but i really wanna play you

rickety, bring tony, it would be awesome to meet before DP

hopefully we all get ready represent san diego at dp and hopefully not die

Rickety

Peace and Love
Okie Dokie San Diego, by popular demand (and the fact that I miss all you guys a lot), the Rickety-Tony house of smash will open its doors this Friday, December 1 at 7:00 pm for some late night smashing! I'm sorry if that's too late for most of you, it's just that i get home from work at around 6:30, but i hope some smashing is better than no smashing :] Besides, this would be an awesome chance to play and practice with my boys!

When: Friday, December 1, 2006
Where: Rickety's house, 11095 Poblado Rd. San Diego, Ca, 92127
Cost: freesies. Just bring money for food should we decide to go out and help ourselves to a snackeroo. :]

Events: Friendlies! :] And a mini singles and doubles tournament. Not for money, but for Rep! (<3's Romeo's big bro)

Please bring TV's and cubes! We'll be running 1 at my house to begin with, so if we could get 2 or 3 more that would splendid :]

So... who wants to come? <3

I'll let Tony post the rules :-P

Peace, Love, and Harmony ;]

Rickety

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
RULES:

-Bring PS2 controllers for third strike!

-Dont Act like an ***
(please)

-Dont steal stuff, If your caught stealing something, I can't gurantee your family will be safe when you go home :)

-bring a ds if you have one....ASP if u show up, tetris it up.

-Please come so were not lonely, my cousin is comming over, and we get at my house around 4 or 5, but my cousin and I will set up our 1 tv and clean up a super messy house.

-Lets smash.......hopefully

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
I can go friday as long as my friend isn't having his party. I would give you a ride, viet, but your house is in the complete opposite direction of theirs according to mine >_>.

And wtf is third strike?

Rickety

Peace and Love
Because this totally needs a ricktastic advertisement :-P

Remember: I won't be showing up until about 6:30 pm because of work, but Tony and his cousin will be there if you wanna show up at around 5:00 or so :] As far as how late one can stay, about 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning. :]

The main game will be smash, but there will be little diversion games also :]

And 3S is Street Fighter III: Third Strike, one of the best fighting games ever! :] Too bad I stink at it...

I hope to see everyone there!

P.S. Would Mr. Caotic like to put this on the front page? :]

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
HOORAY! this is gonna be fun. ASP and I might have to leave a little early(like 11 o'clock or something) though.... =( our parents are nuts, as i've said before. but we'll definitely make it! we can bring everything on that list +1 TV. We don't have a cube anymore though and the Wii is probably gonna stay home =/ Sorry. we could bring Super Monkey Ball though! haha

BOSS - he said that people could stay till about 1:00 or 2:00. let me know if you're gonna go, maybe I can finally get that power cord from you >_<

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
We would start the smash fest earlier, but im not responsible enough to watch all you guys
: P

you cant trust t spinners XD

Im also taking 1 dollar money matches in bowling!

ASP

Smash Apprentice
oooooo, Wii bowling eh? If I didn't suck so much I would challenge you. And if it wasn't that I was broke too....

T spinning is not cheating! =D

I'll take MMs from tetris though....

Zack353

Smash Ace
If I do go, I'm not playing any Wii games. Not until I get one myself!!

If anyone has Metroid for the DS, I'll money match you for $5. Or $50.

XD @ Now with super short notice

Rickety

Peace and Love
I wonder how many people will come, I hope it's better than the last smashfest! Edrees, Azn Lep, Squish, and Krog :-P

Can wait!

<3's Caotic, Harmony, my boys, wonder boy, wiiii, hadoukens, san diego!

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
ooh snap jeFF challenged me to a MM. you're goin down son. LOL alright. ummmm yeah, is it okay if we show at around 6:00 or so? we gotta leave by 11:00 ;_;

I'm so horrible at Wii Sports. anybody wanna MM in Trauma Center: 2nd Opinion? LOLOLOLLLOLZz

SA2Jeff

Smash Apprentice
yaaaaah mm finally, anyone else want to mm me at rickety's ? $3...nyquil is kicking in and i'm going to pass out soon, so i'll see you guys tomorrow

team harmony!

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I wonder how many people will come, I hope it's better than the last smashfest! Edrees, Azn Lep, Squish, and Krog :-P

Can wait!

<3's Caotic, Harmony, my boys, wonder boy, wiiii, hadoukens, san diego!
Unfortunately I can't make it. I've gotten like 6 hours of sleep in 3 days, and tomorrow it's lights out for me most of the day!

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
Jeff, i mm you for 50cents in third strike, and i call a rematch with you being gannon and peach.

lol 50 cents

ASP

Smash Apprentice
I'll take MM for 50 cents.... in smash, tetris, mariokart, and maybe metroid (zack seems like he's pro.....).

Boss, please don't forget to bring Doodles' power cord.

I did it in 2:04 with ganon. no strategies, just fighting as hard as I could.

hahahwtf.

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
NEW MESSAGE FROM ME!!!

Rick took the day off i guess, so you can now arrive whenever you want!!!!

COME EARLY AND LETS START THE SMASHFEST.

asp, bring ur games, your hommie wants to take your 50 cents in OLD SCHOOL tetris : )

my AIM is djquackfunky

Rickety

Peace and Love
fun smashfest get-together, whack tournament!

Results:
1. Rickety
2. Vietgamer
3. Doodles
4. SA2Jeff
5. Asp
6. The Boss
7. SA3Tony
8. Saint Patrick
9. Evan Wolf
10. Kyle
11. BXN
12. Jew
13. Nicky
14. Vader
15. BYE
16. BYE

so sleepy, shoutouts (and explanations for weird results!) later. Thanks to everyone for coming!

<3
rickety

Rickety

Peace and Love
Sheik is my "oh, poop, i'm gonna lose!" character. It's the character I got Ken training with, used predominantly on the Socal-Canada road-trip, and just know a lot about :-P

For the Record, though, this whole tournament I went:

Round 2 (Saint Patrick)
Rickety-Marth: 0 Stock [Dreamland 64] Saint Patrick-Ganondorf: 1 Stock
Rickety-Sheik: 2 Stock [Final Destination] Saint Patrick-Ganondorf: 0 Stock
Rickety-Marth: 4 Stock [Yoshi Story] Saint Patrick-Ganondorf: 0 Stock

Finals (Vietgamer)
Rickety-Marth: 1 Stock [Yoshi Story] Vietgamer-Marth: 0 Stock
Rickety-Marth: 1 Stock [Final Destination] Vietgamer-Falco: 0 Stock
Rickety-Marth: 2 Stock [Dreamland 64] Vietgamer-Fox: 0 Stock

So.... can't I say I basically went Marth this whole tournament? :] A character I am definitely not known for, and was asking vietgamer for marth tips the whole time?

Actual Matches that happened:

Winner's Bracket Round 1
Saint Patrick beat Kyle
The Boss beat Vader
ASP beat Evan Wolf
Doodles beat Nicky
SA3Tony beat BXN
Vietgamer beat Jew

Winner's Bracket Round 2
Rickety beat Saint Patrick
ASP beat The Boss
Doodles beat SA3Tony
SA2Jeff beat Vietgamer

Winner's Bracket Semifinals
Doodles beat SA2Jeff

Loser's Bracket Round 1
Evan Wolf beat Vader
BXN beat Nicky

Loser's Bracket Round 2
SA3Tony beat Kyle
Vietgamer beat Evan Wolf
Saint Patrick beat BXN
The Boss beat Jew

Loser's Bracket Round 3
Vietgamer beat SA3Tony

Loser's Bracket Semifinals
Vietgamer beat SA2Jeff

FINALS
Rickety beat Vietgamer

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
I went Link the whole tournament. Surprise surprise, eh?

Too bad we had to leave early. :( I could've had that! =P jk. Rickety was going to get 1st probably anyway. That was fun though, thanks for hosting Rick, and sorry for bringing so many unexpected people(even I wasn't expecting to take that many =X). Fun car ride up there though, it was funny to hear everyone freaking out when we saw that police car XD.

There's not enough time in the day!! x_X we(or I, anyway) didn't even get to play 3S, Guilty Gear, Wii Sports, etc. etc. Oh well. That was really fun we should do this again sometime.

Patrick - ****! LOL jk. "I heard your Ganon was tight" hahaha, naw, your ganon is really good though. I didn't think Ganon could be that fast. good games

Tony - No mercy, son! hahaha, sorry about that, but I warned you... =P Harvest Moon 'wastes' 400 hours of your life. Go to pandatration!

Jeff - sick johns. hhahah. why you scared? =P it's always funny talking trash w/ you. COMBO

Rickety - I was looking forward to playing you! =/ oh well. nice job hosting, we'll remember our dumb T.V. next time. I like your guys' floors. It's fun to slide around XP

Everyone else - good times. it's always great smashing with you guys. Harmony for life.

ASP

Smash Apprentice
I went Mario the whole tournament! But I only got two rounds in. =/ And I got fifth! =P

That car ride was stupid...... zomg wtf.

Patrick - It's always good to meet a new smasher. Also one who plays a "unique" character is awesome. It's crazy.

The Boss - I get lucky! It's too bad you had to suicide that last round, you probably woulda won. Even still, you almost did.

Rickety and Tony - Yup, for sure....... Rickety is top tier. TY for hosting!! Tony I need to play you in Guilty Gear! My Testament will ownzorz. Come to Pandatraion! Harvest Moon is not worth missing out on a big tourney.

What happened to zack's crew and 619?

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Yeah, I should probably get some shoutouts in too.

Doodles -- Most. Intense. Matches. Evar. Seriously, I had some of my most fun matches right there. I look forward to playing you again soon sometime (I'm free after work (5:00) if you wanna get together for a bit tonight).

ASP -- WOO for the unique characters! You play a sick Mario, and it's always nice to get some recognition from someone who's already recognized.

Jeff -- Funny guy. My Ganon > Your Ganon, but your Peach is awesome. Go pull some more stitchfaces NOOB. And XD @ "I heard your ganon was tight, man!"

Rickety -- Dirty, dirty person. Hah. You're really **** good. Too good for me. I think I'm gonna have to pick up Sheik as my alt because of you...I realize that I really do need an alt to counterpick, since Ganon, although awesome since almost nobody mains him, isn't really going to get me anywhere after someone sees it and decides to counterpick it =/

Tony -- Just...unnatural. That moonwalking. I watch it and it's like I'm tripping out...but not. Your CF is crazy. We need to play some more -- we have some pretty sick matches.

Boss -- Dude, I didn't play you once last night. Ah well. That's probably my fault for leaving to go to a party where I ended up not even having as much fun as I was at Harmony. Sunday, possibly, we'll team and pwn.

Vietgamer -- You just keep on groundspecialing, Mike. Keep on groundspecialing.

If I'm missing anyone, just know everyone there was awesome. Had a lot of fun, and now that I have my license, I can most likely start making more of these when people decide to host them. I have two giant TVs at my house -- maybe one night I can convince my parents to let me use the house for a smashfest!

romeo619

Smash Ace
anyone smashing tonite ? around like 5errsomething

i don't feel like going to pandatration so i juss wanna smash tonight it'll be me jon and paul, mayb my bro.

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
hmm, maybe. can't use our place though, our relatives are going to be here. if something gets figured out call me on my cell: (858) 837 2585.

peace

SD Halo

Smash Rookie
OGC CREW (Boss, Kyle, Louie, Matt,& Rofa) is smashing tonite........ Everyone is welcome

cell: (760)277-1952

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
Good games everyone:

St Pat: Wish you hadnt left so early, o well. Falco is too much to handle, dam spike.

ASP: Okay, hands down, you schooled me in tetris, but in guilty gear, well have to see. Testament vs sol...hmmm

Doodles: ILL GET A REMATCH ON FINAL. IMA CAMP YOU NEXT TIME. AND WHEN I WHEN, IMA SAY "NO MERCY SON"! well, good games.

Jeff: Well, you know what the deal was....my banner is mine again. you can keep the name still though. Maybe i can play your gannon next time.

viet: falco's too good, i call rematch some time. i also call rematching your marth.

Everyone else: Thanks for comming, and someone owes me a slice of peperoni pizza, I really wanted one ...

vietgamer1021

Smash Journeyman
San Diego, California (being bored, so I'm going t
rickety: mind games are too good, mindgames > tech skill, but i will get my tech skill so good so that who cares about mind games, my speed is my mind game. but your marth is really good without the double fair, im scared to think wat it would be, but those matches are all close man, nice to see you

tony: your moonwalk is GODLY, its a supa-wavedash/ground special man, those knees always hit and my moonwalk is crap compared to yours

boss: i guess marth does counter jiggs, but then again jiggs is my worst matchup, so you can still kill me

st patrick: groundspecial ftw, u noe that its so much better than this wavedash crap lolz XP

jeff: i got you in the end, but man you gotta get better man, that could is kicking your @$$ even better than me jkjk man, i hope you get better b4 DP

ASP, sexy, BXN, JEW, and VADER: blarg

everyone else: nice to see you all again, and hopefully ill see you at DP if my parents dont kill me

Slider619

Smash Journeyman
that guy representin 619 in the Brackets sucked. LOL

Hey Rickety i wanna Play your Sheik! just for fun. i havent played anyone other than Romeo and Paul for a while now...

Top Bottom