• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
Do note that 15 million is not an accurate number of players for LoL, Engdrew. I'm willing to bet a significant portion of it are smurf/inactive/low level accounts. Do note, you must get access to the tournament server in order to ensure a fair playing field for everyone(dumb f2p system).

Btw Engdrew, what's your name in DotA? My friend who just destroyed me in 1v1 would like to know haha.
I play on a lot of smurfs...my main one is thunddr

We know about the spectator mode and will try to get riot games to sponsor or at least make our lives easier with hosting LoL as a tournament...

(I hate LoL)

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
I play on a lot of smurfs...my main one is thunddr

We know about the spectator mode and will try to get riot games to sponsor or at least make our lives easier with hosting LoL as a tournament...

(I hate LoL)
It's not just the spectator mode you need (Hell, at MLG they had to ban two heroes since it bugged out and crashed the spectator mode. Riot needs to get their **** together). You need the tournament server because they give you unlimited RP/IP thus giving access to every hero/rune combination possible. Otherwise people who spent money on the game to buy heroes can redirect their IP to runes giving them an advantage over those who didn't spend anything.

For example: Yellow dodge runes are ****ing expensive, but are the choice runes for Jax. So already people who have those runes have a more optimized hero over those who do not.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
then don't play jax

:troll:
Looooooool. I'll probably get Jax and Singed next, despite having no dodge runes, so I can **** *******es in Dominion for easy wins. But on a more serious note:

Three months ago: OMFG JAX SO BAD. EVERY TANKY DPS IS BETTER.

One month ago: OMFG JAX SO BROKEN. HE FARM UP GUNBLADE AND RAGEBLADE AND ***** MY FACE NERF NAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

LoL players QQ too much which leads to unjustified nerfs. See Xin Zhao: never picked at major tournaments but nerfed because low-elo scrubs don't know how to build armor or CC him when he builds glass cannon. See Alistar, as hipster as it sounds, I played him before it was popular (at this time, he was considered underpowered and the worst tank compared to Amumu/Shen). The result of his rework? People QQ'd so hard at AP Ali that they nerfed: base damage on his abilities, AP ratios on said abilities, and now his ult. I share the same sentiments as Reep seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aueERWD4hL8&feature=channel_video_title

TL;DR Stop QQing and learn to play/counter, myself included.

My brain hurts everytime I venture into a LoL related forum (official, reddit, wherever).

Jun.

Smash Lord
when Dota2 comes out, LOL will finally be an overused acronym for laughed out loud instead of some over simplified atrocity.

Soon.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
S2J:

1. Violating UCSD policy: Our tournament is viewed as a form of gambling. Players are paying a registration fee and receiving monetary prizes for a competition based on skill (it was compared to poker).
I think UCSD violates UCSD policy since we're paying registration and school fees and reciving grades and marks based on performance. These grades can be seen as a kind of barter in order to get a job. The only difference between barter and money is that money has a set value.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Smurfs?
Thundrr??
Spectator Mode???
QQ????
Jax?????
Yellow Runes??????

What does this all MEAN?

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Three months ago: OMFG JAX SO BAD. EVERY TANKY DPS IS BETTER.

One month ago: OMFG JAX SO BROKEN. HE FARM UP GUNBLADE AND RAGEBLADE AND ***** MY FACE NERF NAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
That's not a good example of scrubs QQing. 3 months ago, Jarvan was pre-nerf, Irelia still had everything but her ms (which admittedly hit her pretty hard), Xin Zhao's ult still made him impossible to kill, etc etc. Literally every usable tanky DPS was better than Jax l0l. And Jax used to be alright just because ranged AD used to take solo lanes. Now, his only viable position is top, where he loses lane to a lot of stronger laners unless played by hotshotnidaleegg.

Anyone smashing today?

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
That's not a good example of scrubs QQing. 3 months ago, Jarvan was pre-nerf, Irelia still had everything but her ms (which admittedly hit her pretty hard), Xin Zhao's ult still made him impossible to kill, etc etc. Literally every usable tanky DPS was better than Jax l0l. And Jax used to be alright just because ranged AD used to take solo lanes. Now, his only viable position is top, where he loses lane to a lot of stronger laners unless played by hotshotnidaleegg.

Anyone smashing today?
Yes, Jax was picked because everyone else was nerfed due to a mixture of QQ and tournament results. The whole point of nerfs is to bring down the power levels to make other heroes viable choices. Of course the community's reaction after seeing Jax at IEM Cologne was to whine for a nerf; Riot listened. Why should people experiment and come up with something that counters X champion, when they can cry on the forums for two weeks and get a nerf?

Also, Xin's ult definitely didn't make him unkillable. If he was, he's built straight tank and did no damage. He's a 100% auto-attack hero: Q provides knock up CC on the third hit. W is an attack speed steroid that reduces his other cooldowns everytime he attacked. E is a gap closer with a slow. and R is an AOE attack dealing base damage + 15% of enemy's current health in physical damage and providing armor and magic resist depending on how many heroes you hit. If you CC him while he has his Q or W up, you mitigate a lot of his damage and he melts if you build straight damage.

The problem with having melee carries is they can't achieve hard carry status in this game save for a few. Building damage sacrifices defenses and vice versa.

Edit: I would also like to play some smash today lol

Vouge

Smash Journeyman
A 17 person committee composed of to's in America voted on it. The ban was essentially unanimous. I think the vote break down was 14 for the ban, one abstain, and 2 not present. They took into account polls, community perspectives, and their own conceptions as to's of big tournaments. There is a huge fiasco going on the the ban thread which is above in the featured topics section right now.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
More importantly, who will M2K play now that MK's banned?
I'm pretty sure M2K has a red card or something that bans him in tournaments using the same ruleset that banned Meta Knight(?)

So, unless he attends a tournament that doesn't use the unity ruleset, he can't play lol. I guess what Jun said makes sense

shaseim4st3r

Smash Journeyman
sorry sunny. i was recovering the whole day. and yea u cant blame me. i mean it's the sickness himself. like the plague. or was it aids? i seem to have forgotten.

NO.FEAR

Smash Rookie
sorry sunny. i was recovering the whole day. and yea u cant blame me. i mean it's the sickness himself. like the plague. or was it aids? i seem to have forgotten.
I'm AIDS.

I get sicker as time goes by. Also, you can't recover from me.

Top Bottom