• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Vouge

Smash Journeyman
As of 9/22 the lodge is still closed until further notice. We've been playing at yutas but we can't host a fest there and we still don't have the tvs that are in the rec room. Playing at kys place off campus might be an option. That depends on how many tvs we cam get there and if ky/dawson even approve, considering they probably have class/frat stuff its not a guarantee.

:phone:

Knee.of.Ky

Smash Apprentice
k well im done wit class, but phone is dead.
Idaho's place is a wrap when there is +4 ppl.
SOOOOOO Come to me & dawson's place. most u guys know the place as well. we can fit 2 more tvs, so we can get 3 set ups going.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Not anymore, just got home :(

On a side note: today I walked past the lodge. All the supplies/mess from poster making was magically cleaned up. Someone has access to the lodge and doesn't want to share it. :mad:

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
bring set-ups too if any of you guys can drive. they changed the code for the REC room sooo I've got some problems there right now.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
I want to go!
I live in Mission Hills/Hillcrest so if you're departing from UCSD, you'll have to go farther south to pick me up before heading east to Santee.

HOWEVER, I am able to get a ride to campus and get there around 9 a.m. The only issue would be if plans fall through and I am left stranded on campus until well into the afternoon without nothing to do. haha.

Anyway, in a hour or two, I won't be able to check the boards for the rest of the night so I'll just text someone for an update. Preferably, I'll know what the deal is before 9 a.m. tomorrow.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
I accidentally took your controller Dawson. I have two white ones at the moment. Not even sure which is yours and which is mine.

Vouge

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm. I don't think I'll be joining you guys tomorrow. As close as it is, I'm just gonna be too busy. Good luck to you all though and good luck with housing norcal.

Vouge

Smash Journeyman
san diego SUX! **** YOU! (not pat)
Dude, didn't you just get an infraction, calm down. You can't blame our community for a bad event. The only one to blame for that is gameclucks. I think we all appreciate his effort but the resulting tournament did not generate enough interest. See jun's post in the tourney thread for a reasonable defense of sd. It pretty much sums it up.

I also want to add that we've had good tournaments and triweeklies here before. If the event was what sd players were looking for, they would have gone in droves.

Beyond that, you have fans in sd... and we're currently trying to find new members to keep this community alive so please don't come to our board with these sorts of remarks. its not helping our efforts and its not gonna make sd any better.

D

Deleted member

Dude, didn't you just get an infraction, calm down. You can't blame our community for a bad event. The only one to blame for that is gameclucks. I think we all appreciate his effort but the resulting tournament did not generate enough interest. See jun's post in the tourney thread for a reasonable defense of sd. It pretty much sums it up.

I also want to add that we've had good tournaments and triweeklies here before. If the event was what sd players were looking for, they would have gone in droves.

Beyond that, you have fans in sd... and we're currently trying to find new members to keep this community alive so please don't come to our board with these sorts of remarks. its not helping our efforts and its not gonna make sd any better.

jun's points are pretty good except his main point is completely false. Some SD guy told me you guys had two smashfests a week during summer so not playing enough is completely wrong

it was expensive yep

lack of hype... mexico, norcal, vegas came, amazing matches happened too

Irvine >>> SD

Jun.

Smash Lord
Some SD guy told me you guys had two smashfests a week during summer so not playing enough is completely wrong
ಠ_ಠ

you heard "some SD guy" wildly over exaggerate a point so I'm completely wrong?

hype at the tournament does not in any shape or form equal hype surrounding the event prior to it (unless a projected matchup happens). One is completely spontaneous while the other is a basis for attending.

Also you're coming into the SAN DIEGO thread and telling us that you know better than us how active we were during the summer?

You need to check yourself. Your smash skills will only take you so far in life.

Vouge

Smash Journeyman
jun's points are pretty good except his main point is completely false. Some SD guy told me you guys had two smashfests a week during summer so not playing enough is completely wrong

it was expensive yep

lack of hype... mexico, norcal, vegas came, amazing matches happened too

Irvine >>> SD

Irvine can totally be better then sd... >____> so now what.

Honestly, I still don't get the point of your frustration. Look, whoever told you about the smashfests this summer was not entirely correct. Many of Ucsd's players were out of town because classes weren't in session. The people that were around for the most part went. Lanstar cmame consistently, pat came every once in a while. Otherwise, boss and deth moved, and two of our other more consistent attendants go to school in another state and left. Many of us have jobs or are entering our final year as engineers/pre-med/etc. leaving about 3-4 people that might have been able to go that didn't.

So there you have it, yes a few more people could have gone but it is true that most of Ucsd was not prepared.

I think the fact that people were willing to go to several smashfests in the summer but not a tournament further supports the point that the tournament failed in some way, shape, or form. Gameclucks said it himself, the tournament should have been big but it wasn't for several reasons.

Again, I don't think it was our fault that we weren't interested in going to this. If you want to be mad at the fact that not everyone has limitless support for the smash community than that's fine but I don't think it's a bad thing that people want to have fun and seek out opportunities to have fun. In supporting great events and avoiding potentially poor events we insure a standard for tournaments. If everyone went to every tournament then the quality of tournaments would diminish.

I honestly did not think this was going to be a fun(well put together, well organized, well attended) tournament, and several of my peers that decided not to go probably felt the same.

Top Bottom