• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

WayChuDat

Smash Apprentice
My house, I'll PM you the address once we sort out the other details.

Basically this all depends on when both of you are willing to play. You guys can come over tomorrow (the 22nd) or the 23rd if you like, but I don't have a CRT at the moment because of engdrew, so the person who can bring a setup would need to come to make it happen. I know Wayland is getting in on the 22nd, but would you be up to play on that same day? Let me know what works. My number is 5102772178.
Both days work for me!
I'm down to play tomorrow (wed). I'll bring my old roomie too for some teamsss!!! i'm excited haha. A fewmore people there would be nice though...

I don't think I have any thing to offer in terms of setups or anything.

I'll shoot you a text when I wake up Andrew, but let's say early afternoon?

edit: my roommate is down

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Alright, since smash plans fell through because of lack of TV and not everyone calling, I'm going to go to the lodge tomorrow to see if it's open. If it is, we can at least use the one big TV there.

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
We can do it at my place. I know it's not conveniently located but I have 2 nice/large TVs already at my house.

Edit: And they are too big for me to take elsewhere >.<

Rickety

Peace and Love
Goodness, between some lovely notes from Wayland, Josh, and Mr. Eric Ding, I really, really must play some Smash soon! I hope to see you soon! <3

(I have a cousin from Mexico City spending the holidays with us right now, so I'm not sure when exactly I'll be free, but, golly, I'm going to try very, very hard! <3)

Jun.

Smash Lord
So Brawl went against Melee in Gamefaqs game of the decade. Brawl won.

I lost faith in the gaming community.

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
brawl is the second best game of the decade? they don't mean competitive brawl do they? it's not that bad of a game unless you take it seriously. then you want to kill yourself.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
brawl is the second best game of the decade? they don't mean competitive brawl do they? it's not that bad of a game unless you take it seriously. then you want to kill yourself.
I think it's kinda fun too, in the "4 player free for all with smash balls on hyrule temple" kinda way, not the "I'll money match you for 2 bucks" kinda way.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
well lets break things down real fast

gamefaqs community

hmmm i thought the list was going to require a longer explanation but i realized i could pretty much just stop there.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
I don't think Brawl is fun no matter how you look at it. That's why I sold it along with my Wii on craigslist to a poor Mexican father for his kid's birthday.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
I've only played Brawl once. I signed up for some noob-ish single elimination tournament. I almost got to the final match, but lost in the last free-for-fall to some guy using Pokemon Trainer and doing some slippy-slidey thing with Squirtle non-stop. The guy he "teamed" with used Metaknight.

Never again.

-jesse

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
So I guess no one sleeps anymore... I like Jesse's post, so story time.

I entered UCI Fusion a few years ago because Zhu made me. I think I placed better in that than any melee tournament I've ever entered LOL. But back then I thought Brawl was what the cool kids did and I played semi-seriously. My 2 losses were... a Wolf player and a Metaknight.

At the time I didn't know why I was losing, because I was clearly the better player... I was reading everything well, and punishing accordingly. Then some guy next to me saw that I was frustrated and was like "dude, you're approaching too much." I was like, "oh, thanks." And that was the last time I played Brawl.

Jun.

Smash Lord
I've never played brawl in my life seriously. Never studied the metagame past the first week. Never really kept up.

Entered Warren gaming and picked metaknight. Camped and pressed A and got in the Top 4 against UCSD kids that probably played Brawl everyday. Ilija won that tourney.

Jun.

Smash Lord
jk the lodge is located in Sixth College on the UCSD campus. More specifically near the Sixth College apartments and also near the dining hall "Food Worx"

gamefaqs community

hmmm i thought the list was going to require a longer explanation but i realized i could pretty much just stop there.
You have to admit though the Gamefaqs community and the people who visit that site to vote are better representations of the general gaming community than us. We are just melee pros. Anyone who posts on smashboards in any melee thread is pro now since the division of melee players to the general public is SCRUB/PRO.

BTW you should see Ilija trolling the gamefaqs Brawl threads. He eventually got himself into a Snake ditto with Ally and got *****.

If anyone wants a good laugh, this is the top rated answer on "How to beat Snake" on the Gamefaqs forums

"With any character, you should try to watch when he neals(?) down, this is when he sets his bomb, always try to stay away from this spot. Also, using that shield slide roll to get behind him is always handy."

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
and then it kept winning. its currently barely losing in the finals. brawl is the second best game of decade. can we all declare gaming to be dead?
I say gaming died with this gen (360,ps3,wii etc). Something about DLC irks me especially when developers make people PAY for it when it's cosmetic changes (see: alternative costumes). Or they can make people pay for an activation key to access data already on the game disc (see RE5) or half-*** a game and charge for an "expansion" pack.

Or maybe the nostalgia goggles are cutting off circulation to my brain and I'm only seeing the negative aspects and completely ignoring the positives--online play was implemented in consoles from the beginning, motion control (though I still think it's gimmicky)...can't think of anything else. Feel free to list more positives.

Then again I look at how people flock to buy Black Ops when it only has been a year since Modern Warfare 2 came out. $15 map packs? LOL. Way to milk the consumers out of their money. Bet they'll make a "new" CoD next year or an "expansion" pack and charge $60 for it.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman

gamefaqs community

lol it's a tourney not a round robin which means that the winner is still not necessarily the game of the decade

Powered-By-Sex

Smash Apprentice
LOL since you guys mentioned Brawl, I actually went and logged on it. It said I haven't logged on it for 2 years. I still have my old sig on it:

"I really do not take the gamefaqs community seriously. I only come here when I know I can score some easy wins because most people on this board are terrible at this game."

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Merry Christmas SD,

Hey I'm gonna ask a huge favor of all you guys. Since today's Christmas, there are gonna be tons people getting shiny new plasma/LCD/LED/DLP TVs, which means there will also be a lot of old crappy CRTs that people don't need anymore. Just keep your eyes peeled on craigslist for the next few days and try and nab some free TVs. We could still use a bunch for WGF.

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
Merry Christmas SD,

Hey I'm gonna ask a huge favor of all you guys. Since today's Christmas, there are gonna be tons people getting shiny new plasma/LCD/LED/DLP TVs, which means there will also be a lot of old crappy CRTs that people don't need anymore. Just keep your eyes peeled on craigslist for the next few days and try and nab some free TVs. We could still use a bunch for WGF.
He says it's free, but then he says to make an offer. Someone with a car/ride, look into these tvs: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/zip/2129174398.html

Top Bottom