• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
ohh yeah how could i forget luigi? that fool's hella tight

v3ctorman is my new hero.that fool scrubs *** with low tier chars

i pick yoshi!

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Trying to move my schedule around to smash with Sunny is like trying to catch a Chansey in the safari zone.

They're both frustratingly hard to catch.

I wanna throw rocks at them.

They're both kinda useful when you actually do catch them.

Edit:

I'd be free to play for a bit earlier in the afternoon on friday...

Koga+

Boot
What time does the Friday smashfest usually go? If it's a little on the later side, I might be able to attend.. looking forward to playing everyone again :D

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
So I am driving to this tournament on Saturday.

I have two spots left in my car for anyone that would like to come(gotta contribute 5 dollars to gas). It'd be nice to have SD represent itself a bit =D

Reply, IM, or PM if you're interested :3

KLuless1

Smash Cadet
Kelvin, we need to play again. I feel like my soul got crushed a little after our last match.
:( I didn't mean to crush any souls.
I'm PRETTY sure you're still better than me.
Let's play sometime soon. :)

I'd be down to play brawl too haha.

Also Kelvin was beastly yesterday. You seriously played better than I have ever seen you play. And I've seen you play A LOT LOL. You're definitely getting better, and I was legitly scared of the Falco I saw against Tristan, and I'm never impressed by Falcos lol. Can't wait for the vids. And I'm not biased at all. Not even a little.

maybe a little.

Actually maybe a lot.
Fix'd. I'm still not thaaat good, I'm pretty sure it was a fluke. Thanks though ;)

Knee.of.Ky

Smash Apprentice
ok so i tried to post the edited vids on youtube, but the resolution got messed up in the editing process. i do not know why it became like that. i have half of it posted on youtube, tell me if i should just upload the other half like that...

if someone wants to edit it instead for better res, ill have it on monday with me.

UCSD 10-11 SMASHFEST DRAFT CREW BATTLE
part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQaAxfestSQ
part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhzRzNTpE2s

ps i wont be able to make it today, going home. have fun guys

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
The resolution looks fine but it needs deinterlacing. The lines are ugly lol.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
haha just do it. its better than nothing :D

EDIT: the recorded sounds are really quiet...maybe you could tweak the volume a little so its louder?

DJMirror

Smash Master
Here's the guide I followed to get me started. It usually works if you want to just put up a match/set from a single video but I don't think vdub can do editing in multiple videos

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217934
If you guys want to record, do this:

1) Get a used Pinnacle Dazzle for $20 to $45 on craiglist or amazon (for like used/refurbished) A new one cost like 70 bucks to 100 bucks....If you're mac user, look for Pinnacle Video Capture for Mac but good luck finding it since they stop making it for the mac. If you do find it, it'll cost you 100 bucks but don't worry, you can just get a used one for the PC and still be able to use it on mac.

I don't think color matters much but I might be wrong.

2A) Get about 3 Audio Video Splitters from Radio shack (those cost around 3-5 bucks each)

1 goes into the tv and 2 goes to the cable slots.

*This is how Alex19, Zhu & Tai aka ATVSmash record*
I'm kinda unfamiliar with this way

Or

2B) Get a Audio Video distribution amplifier (if you want good *** quality)

Price range from 60 bucks to 300 bucks (I got mine for free =]) but if you look around ebay, newegg, craiglist etc you'll find one pretty cheap new or used so yeah... or if you're lucky you'll find it 7 bucks online somewhere but that's only with the ****ty *** quality video without no sound.

*This is how me and HMW do it*

3) You'll need 2 of these AV cables (you can go to Fry's or Radioshack for those normal ok ones) and they shouldn't cost no more than 4-5 bucks but if you wanna get fancy, you can spend like 20 bucks for the good one.

These are regular ones

So you really don't have to spend like $150 to record matches, if you shop carefully you'll probably be spending like from $90 top to $40 the least.

You don't wanna be like me...Spending like 100 bucks (I'm an mac user and I got a Pinnacle Video Capture for Mac at Mircocenter *Shame on me*) I didn't know better back then but now I do.

For Windows users Just go get pinnacle studio 13 or 14 (I think?) and you're set.

For mac users: get the same stuff up there and there's site on pinnacle that you can download the video capture for mac software if you're an leopard or snow leopard user for free. If your mac OSX is not 10.5 or higher you're kinda screwed because the one for tiger and below is gone and it's really really really hard to look for if you're trying to pirate it. If you can't find it, tough luck but don't worry read below...

Don't try to use your computer screen to play smash when using pinnacle. There's a 3 second lag on it so you're better playing on the tv screen instead of the computer screen. It won't lag when you finish recording it tho.

Another way (If you cant find pinnacle for mac or you're an tiger user or below) to do so is you can go to youtube look up videoglide (Video capture software for mac only) look it up and download it. There's alot of video tutorials on youtube for how to use PC Dazzle on Mac or How to use Videoglide on the mac.

The only reason why you want Pinnacle over videoglide is because it auto convert your video to MP4 or M4V (I don't remember which one) and automatically add it to itunes with a separated video playlist on it. Plus you can edit it into imovie, final cut etc.

Don't try to record/livestream at the same time, it doesn't work that way. If you wanna do both at the same time get two pinnacle and 4 spiltters. 1 pinnacle to record and 1 pinnacle to livestream, 2 spiltters on 1 pinnacle. I'm sure there's way to do it with 1 pinnacle but sadly this is the only way I know so far.

For commentary I really don't know how and I'm not planning to do so. I'll learn on how to hook it up but I won't use it.

hopefully this helps

There's more I'm going to add like how to set it up and such. I'll post it once I get the chance to do so.

Koga+

Boot
Showed up a bit late but fun smashfest anyway :D GG's to anyone I played, and lol for playing 1000000 matches with me Lanstar.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Lol yea Jesse, that Jesse was the sheik player you played in crews.

Also, did I take 13 stock in crews? O_O

3 from Jun
4 from Connor
4 from Dawson
2 from Tristan
13 :D :D :D :D

all recorded too :D :D :D :D

and loool phil's was such a good decision. props to george for that.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Lol yea Jesse, that Jesse was the sheik player you played in crews.

Also, did I take 13 stock in crews? O_O

3 from Jun
4 from Connor
4 from Dawson
2 from Tristan
13 :D :D :D :D

all recorded too :D :D :D :D

and loool phil's was such a good decision. props to george for that.
Phil's was an amazing idea, now I have lunch for tommorow. Once again, thanks for the ride home George. Good stuff from everyone today. Got ***** in crews.

Eric, your falco isn't that good.

Engdrew, we need to move the TVs out of the lodge on monday. Apparently 6th is turning it into a haunted house or something.

Kelvin, I am disappoint.

If you guys want to record, do this:

There's more I'm going to add like how to set it up and such. I'll post it once I get the chance to do so.
I also record through the 2A option. Here's a picture of how the dazzle should look. Note that the free RCA cables to the right will connect to the TV. This is what I used for every smashfest recording.

I've also discovered a neat trick with universal s-video cables. Through this set up, you're able to record the video using the s-video plug while the TV displays the yellow composite video. Note the unplugged splitter with the composite video is being run into separate AV cables to ensure adequate cable length. I don't really use this set up since it's more of hassle, but the image quality is slightly better.

Finally I recommend buying an alternative recording device or the cheapest dazzle. Charging $70 to record only RCA/S-video is a scam. Plus I hate pinnacle studio.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Showed up a bit late but fun smashfest anyway :D GG's to anyone I played, and lol for playing 1000000 matches with me Lanstar.
Nice falcon! It sucks that I had to leave. I wish I could have played you and Lanstar a bit more.

-Jesse

Top Bottom