• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Zinayzen

Smash Apprentice
Haha fun matches today.

Matt, just play for fun haha. Ignore the stock count, most important thing is to just have fun. Also, just play whoever you feel most comfortable with. Playing Sheik is fine, but do it because you have fun playing Sheik and she fits your style, not just for the sake of playing Sheik haha. Character choice and match ups matter, no doubt about that, but just have fun with the game and the rest will come with time. The metagames for a lot of low tier characters are largely unexplored, and players like Cosmo, Taj, Axe, etc are finally tapping into their potential. I've definitely played plenty of matches where I won with Zelda and would have probably lost with Sheik. Low tiers generally aren't as bad as you might think ;) Except Kirby. Kirby just sucks loooooool

Also, I hope people go on Monday. I haven't seen some of you in forever. Especially you, Richard. qtpi.

LOOOOL
that's the thing. i love yoshi, for some reason it just clicks. i just need to be better at it. Wavelandings with yoshi are beast, especially with the very slight vertical drop on the second jump. once I get that down, I need to focus on rdjc aerials and edge eggs and i'll be solid. then it's just mindgames and learning matchups.

i'm totally going to come to smashfests now, it's a blast.

Koga+

Boot
Is there going to be a smashfest tomorrow for sure? I've never been to this venue before and was looking to bring some friends as well, just trying to find out what the usual smashfest here entails :D

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
Lodge smashfest Monday. Its in the sixth college apartments near foodworx. I will be there after 3pm. Bring as many people as you want :) I love new people :D. I love the old ones too. Like Rick ehhehe

No one likes richard though

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Lodge smashfest Monday. Its in the sixth college apartments near foodworx. I will be there after 3pm. Bring as many people as you want :) I love new people :D. I love the old ones too. Like Rick ehhehe

No one likes richard though
I like Richard :( qtpi

EDIT: yea, george come after :) We'll be there... haha

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
lol so pretty sure mondays are impossible for me before 6, maybe i can catch up with you guys after.
Yeah. I won't be able to make it until 6:30, so you're not alone. A good amount of people were there past 6 last Monday when there wasn't even supposed to be a smashfest. haha.

Koga+

Boot
Who usually organizes the smashfest? Is a full setup needed? I could bring a cube + game but no TV :(

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Who usually organizes the smashfest? Is a full setup needed? I could bring a cube + game but no TV :(
It's usually pat. Bring whatever you can just in case. We usually have more TVs than setups. These things usually get 20+ people with 7 or 8 setups, so the more, the better :)

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
we have a minimum of 6 available TVs at the venue, so spare cubes are always appreciated.

I'll be there at 3, then I'll have to split at 5 but I'll be back around 7. Looking forward to seeing some new faces.

Koga+

Boot
When do people usually start showing up? I'd rather come earlier, not sure how late we will be able to stay ><

Zinayzen

Smash Apprentice
I can't be there until like 3 or so, gotta finish up some homework. I might bring a friend, though. It's a pain in the *** to bring a system with me, but I can. Is it necessary?

Magnawolf

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I had to leave during crews, I didn't want to make my girlfriend wait any longer. Did you guys finish/who won?

- Jesse

Koga+

Boot
**** good night guys, it's always great playing new people. East Coast Falcons represent!

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
maaaaan i've been working and studying for midterms (johns) ..i'll play more when i get everything done.its still tough on mondays though.im not really free til like after 430

edit: richard's gay

<3

Jim & Watch

Smash Rookie
If anyone sees this, I left my sweater in the lodge, in the back room, on a couch. Can anybody PLEASE get that sweater, I really love it, please please please anyone that passes by the lodge get it.. it is black with an emblem that says "L CAPITAN" with a tennis logo on it. someone Please find it ASAP and hold on to it till friday, i will be at the smashfest then where i can retrieve it >.<

Knee.of.Ky

Smash Apprentice
ok i started editing the crew match, about 1/2 done. here was the line up for the crews so far. videos will be finished today hopefully if i find the time.

OCT. 11 2010 UCSD SMASHFEST CREW BATTLE
TEAM BAKER VS. TEAM HOMERUNTOM

Jim (40) vs Jesse (40)
Yuta (36) vs Jesse (39)
Jun (32) vs Lanstar (37) [Jesse left with 1 stock, carried over to lanstar]
Baker (28) vs Lanstar (34)
Baker (25) vs Joe Z. (32)
Ding (24) vs Joe Z. (32)
Chris (20) vs Joe Z. (29)
Chris (17) vs Engdrew (28)
Andrew RD(16) vs Engdrew (28)
Kelvin (12) vs Engdrew (25)
Kelvin (12) vs Tristan (24)
Kelvin (10) vs Nick? (20)
Anthony? (8) vs Nick? (19)
George (4) vs Nick? (17)
George (4) vs Eric (16)
George (4) vs John (12)
George (3) vs Jesse (8) [George repicked to Mario]
Results! 0 - 8

WINNER TEAM HRT!!!!!!!!!

someone clarify the names of the people with a ? next to their names.

HomeRunTom

Smash Apprentice
If anyone sees this, I left my sweater in the lodge, in the back room, on a couch. Can anybody PLEASE get that sweater, I really love it, please please please anyone that passes by the lodge get it.. it is black with an emblem that says "L CAPITAN" with a tennis logo on it. someone Please find it ASAP and hold on to it till friday, i will be at the smashfest then where i can retrieve it >.<
I just retrieved it and I'll hold on to it for you until then.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
I noticed there are a number of people who also play brawl. I think on fri we should have a brawl smashfest. I can bring a brawl setup this friday if anyone's down to play brawl.

George (4) vs Nick? (17)
George (4) vs Ganon??? (16)
George (4) vs Marth??? (12)
Results! 0 - 8

That one's me, I'm Eric BTW.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Ky, wanna give me the doubles footage afterwards? George, Jesse, me and tristan all did some pretty cool stuff. Also, you should edit + upload the other crews you have too.

Also, the marth player that george took out is jon

.PNOY.

Smash Apprentice
I noticed there are a number of people who also play brawl. I think on fri we should have a brawl smashfest. I can bring a brawl setup this friday if anyone's down to play brawl.

That one's me, I'm Eric BTW.
...NAHHHHH..

but seriously, devoting a whole smashfest to brawl is probably not a good idea. especially since most of us, if not all, mainly play melee. but you're more than welcome to bring a brawl setup to a smashfest n people will play with you. even i would just for the hell of it ;)

oh n i miss ein :(

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
I'd be down to play brawl too haha.

Also Kelvin was beastly yesterday. You seriously played better than I have ever seen you play. And I've seen you play A LOT LOL. You're definitely getting better, and I was legitly scared of the Falco I saw against Tristan, and I'm never impressed by Falcos lol. Can't wait for the vids. And I'm not biased at all. Not even a little.

maybe a little.

Koga+

Boot
ok i started editing the crew match, about 1/2 done. here was the line up for the crews so far. videos will be finished today hopefully if i find the time.

OCT. 11 2010 UCSD SMASHFEST CREW BATTLE
TEAM BAKER VS. TEAM HOMERUNTOM

Jim (40) vs Jesse (40)
Yuta (36) vs Jesse (39)
Jun (32) vs Lanstar (37) [Jesse left with 1 stock, carried over to lanstar]
Baker (28) vs Lanstar (34)
Baker (25) vs Joe Z. (32)
Ding (24) vs Joe Z. (32)
Chris (20) vs Joe Z. (29)
Chris (17) vs Engdrew (28)
Andrew RD(16) vs Engdrew (28)
Kelvin (12) vs Engdrew (25)
Kelvin (12) vs Tristan (24)
Kelvin (10) vs Nick? (20)
George (4) vs Nick? (17)
George (4) vs Eric (16)
George (4) vs John (12)
Results! 0 - 8

WINNER TEAM HRT!!!!!!!!!

someone clarify the names of the people with a ? next to their names.
Yeah this seemed to get a little confusing towards the end haha, was not sure who was running the crew battle. Anyway, I'm Nick (Falcon) and I played a white Fox first round I think... then lost my last stock to a Falco.... Sorry I didn't take note on who I was playing against ><, I'd be able to narrow it down a lot more if I could see the video.

Top Bottom