• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Charoo

Smash Champion
nov 8 is such a short notice. I would just go to the nov. 15 one just cause david will be there

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I will be there.

But I have lied in the past.

Let's just say if I wake up late, I'll be a lot less inclined to just continue sleeping in cuz UCSD's so close.

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
holy **** there are so many good melee players coming on the 15th. too good, though the first time i ever went i didn't even know the guy owning me was dsf....

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
holy **** there are so many good melee players coming on the 15th. too good, though the first time i ever went i didn't even know the guy owning me was dsf....
DSF? Wow, that sucks..... The first melee tourney I went to was Last Year's Winter Game Fest and I got ***** by Hugs in the 1st round of pools.....

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
just a reminder we will NEED SETUPS!!! I don't own a wii and consequently don't own brawl so there are no initial setups. Please, if you can, bring BOTH A TV AND A WII along with a copy of brawl.

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
haha dude the next tourney i was in Hugs was in my pool too. I actually got the first stock off before he realized he was playing me and stopped talking to his friend -_-. yeah those 4 stocks went pretty quick then...

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
another reminder, this is NOT going to run smoothly if the community doesn't step it up and bring setups. I cannot emphasize this enough. PLEASE BRING SETUPS.

Also it'd be nice to have a few people post if they're bringing a setup, just so we know that a tournament can actually happen.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
I may go tomorrow (depends on who goes), but I'm busy on the 15th, so no dice there. And Azn_Lep, I'll advertise on my blog. I'll need a doubles partner.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
I wouldn't worry about it Edrees, the turn out will be decent, it always is at UCSD. Setups on the other hand... well let's just hope for the best.

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning on coming to the melee one

if I find a way to go I could bring a cube and melee

November 15th is my birthday haha

Geomaster

Smash Apprentice
I can bring a setup, but I'll need to take it home after doubles(i have work at 6 :( )

Anyway, i am planning on going to this. Anyone want a doubles partner?

Hall

Smash Ace
another reminder, this is NOT going to run smoothly if the community doesn't step it up and bring setups. I cannot emphasize this enough. PLEASE BRING SETUPS.

Also it'd be nice to have a few people post if they're bringing a setup, just so we know that a tournament can actually happen.
I'll bring a setup tomorrow. I'll post in the near future weather or not you'll have a setup from me on the 15th.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
dammit Pat, as much as I need that setup for the tournament, I'm not about to turn away some melee...

Geomancer: what time do you have to leave to work? if you could stick around for the first 2 rounds of singles it'd help a ton. shouldn't be any later than 5

Katz

Smash Rookie
I plan on showing up for Brawl tomorrow, and I'll be bringing my Wii with me. Unfortunately I won't have a TV, but I'm sure my contribution will come in handy regardless.

See you guys there!

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
I might be able to bring over a TV, but my Wii's acting up currently. Would be a small TV, but if it'll help balance out the setups, I'm more than willing to bring.

I'll check if it's needed here before I bring, and I'd be showing up around singles time (just how my schedule worked out).

--UnderWing

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
yeah anything would help help UnderWing. Even small TVs are playable. Don't worry about not bringing your Wii, there are usually some good samaritans who bring wiis but are unable to bring TVs

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
lol really small turnout, mostly cuz of short notice anyways...

Doubles
1: I drove 2 hours for 15 man tournament (DSF + Edrees)
2: Team 1 (TKD + Ezkl)
3: Ernie Rays Jr (LHG + Pnoy)
4: Outta Touch (Hall + Oats)
5: Chicks Dig Giant Robots (Geo + Azn Lep)
5: Primal Rage (Nicktendo + Awex)

Singles
1: DSF
2: Edrees
3: Awex
4: PBS
5: Hall
5: TKD
7: Pnoy
7: Oats
9: Azn Lep
9: Ezkl