• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
****! Dammit I should've been checking how these things have been going on!

Man, My heart goes out to Pat and any San Diego people that are in the threat of the fire.
I'm sorry I haven't paid attention to any of this, but I feel Pat's lost of his home.
Now I'm worried where he is gonna live now.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Man, Rick, I'd offer you my place to stay not just a few hours but as long as you want, but I just moved out today =(

Already spoke to you Pat but I'm real sorry what happened! My thoughts are with any of you who had to evacuate and are at a shelter right now, like Rick and Tony. Things have been crazy hectic. all around SD.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Hey everyone thanks for all the support, SD rocks f'sho. I got some pics of the detructions that I'll post up alter, when I get my camera from my sis. I'm stayin with Squish for the time being. He's been loads of help for entire situation. Anyways, thanks again to everyone out there who's lookin out for me. It amazing to see how much of the community is willing to lend a hand, really gives me faith in society. SD smash scene is awesome.

SuperRad

Smash Master
Man, this is crazy.

It's weird how when I first heard about the fires in San Diego, I immediately thought of the Smashers that live there. I don't think I've ever met any of you in person*, but I still thought of the names I knew from the boards (in particular Romeo, who I met playing Halo 2 years ago). My thoughts go out to you guys, especially those of you that have lost something in the fire.

Be safe guys.

*Although I didn't really meet him, I did talk to Azn_Lep a little at my first tournament, MLG Anaheim. I was watching his pool (for Arash and DA_Dav3, originally), and I remember seeing him tear through some nubs, and eventually take a game off of Dave. I was rooting for him (I can't resist rooting for the Underdogs). I don't think you made it out of pools, but I remember you still seemed pumped about how you did. You seemed like a great guy, and good luck with everything.

Rickety

Peace and Love
THIS IS TONY!

Pat is ****ing tight.

......even though he always ***** me in smash =P

I hope everything works out for you pat. SD got cho' back fool, remember that.

If there is a tourney for pat....im going for sure.

When I say Pat, I man azn_lep....not stupid saint pat. Just playing.....saint pat isnt THAT stupid.....but his computer wont let him on smash boards....thats why i can talk **** about him. >=]

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Well, I just got back from my church where I've been staying for three days. We were evac'ed but thankfully, my house was untouched. I was worried about both Rick and Lep, because I know that the apartments across the street from Rick were burning and I got word that my uncle who lives very near Lep had the fire stop in front of his house- with a melted trash can on his driveway practically. So sorry for those not so lucky.

Edit: Hey Lep, if it's OK with Zephyr, I'll give you my spare gamecube instead!

And whoever said something about it's amazing how great it is to have a home now... yeah.

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'm back home, looks like everything is ok. Anyone know if the Harris fire is out or contained yet? I'm assuming it is, since its barely even smoky here.

Also, I'm down for that fund raising tourney...for sure. I'll even go in doubles for this one.

Vader Rue

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, if i find a way out to where the tourny (when or if there is one) is i'd love to make it and support the cause.
I'm glad to hear that most still have their homes, but am sorry to hear about the home loss.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Sorry to hear about this pat, and every1 else that is having a hard time right now.

Dun worry though, you guys got this

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
i haven't had internet for a week, but I know how all you guys dealing with the fires feel. The irvine fire was a few blocks from me last sunday and my neighborhood was asked to voluntarily evacuate too.

I'm soo sorry to hear about what happened to you Pat. DSF and I send our love and best wishes for you.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
@ Hideous: Sure thing. I have no real claim to it anyways, I just won't have a GC that I can take places. I have my GC set up at home with a fan outside it so it doesn't overheat, it just dies within 45 mins elsewhere.

So yeah, Azn Lep gets the cube for sure. >_>

Rickety

Peace and Love
Hey, everyone!
Long time no see, we've had no internet at my house.

Congrats to Pat for moving up so high in the SoCal rankings! <3

First post has been updated for the Bossy biweekly; If Pat/Azn_Lep comes, let's do our best to wish him well in person, no? :]

<3
rick(ety)

Foe

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys. I'm new to these forums but not really new to the game. I'm from another smash forum but it kind of got boring so I joined here.

I was wondering if I held tourney would any of you come? I need somewhat of a rough estimate of a number to know if I should do it and stuff. I have tons of TVs (5) and 3 cubes and a wii. I also have my garage all hooked up to the cubes, TVs and I think it is a perfect setup. It will either be free and free food or 5 dollars free food and a tournament winner gets money.

So can I get a head count of who thinks they can come.

kkthxbai.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
Hi guys. I'm new to these forums but not really new to the game. I'm from another smash forum but it kind of got boring so I joined here.

I was wondering if I held a smashfest would any of you come? I need somewhat of a rough estimate of a number to know if I should do it and stuff. I have tons of TVs (5) and 3 cubes and a wii. I also have my garage all hooked up to the cubes, TVs and I think it is a perfect setup. It will either be free and free food or 5 dollars free food and a tournament winner gets money.

kkthxbai.
make it a tourney and give like 2 weeks advance and people will show for sure.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
For sure, man. Just copy/paste tourney rules from either the Triweekly thread or BOSS' Biweekly thread and set a date and address. Two weeks in advance should get you a heck of a lot of people. It's been a while since we had a full tourney though, I'm not sure I can put a good estimate.

Micheal

Smash Apprentice

I was wondering if I held tourney would any of you come? I need somewhat of a rough estimate of a number to know if I should do it and stuff. I have tons of TVs (5) and 3 cubes and a wii. I also have my garage all hooked up to the cubes, TVs and I think it is a perfect setup. It will either be free and free food or 5 dollars free food and a tournament winner gets money.

kkthxbai.
Where in San Diego do you live? Yess. Like boss & zephyr said, an early notice will definitely make more heads show. That sounds like a really nice offer. There are lots of players here in SD that Im sure would love to attend. I certainly would.

oh and welcome to the thread. :)

Foe

Smash Journeyman
Date: Dec. 10 Staurday
Fee: 5$
Pot Split: 50% 1st place, 30% 2nd, 10 3rd/4th.

We will have Low tier first starting at 12:00PM. Then Doubles at 3. At 6 we will start singles. I will supply dinner. I will NOT have lunch besides the fact it starts at 12. But we will have tons of snacks and drinks so I don't think it will be a problem. (And not everyone will come at 12.)

Just what I was thinking. What do you think?

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman

We will have Low tier first starting at 12:00PM. Then Doubles at 3. At 6 we will start singles. I will supply dinner. I will NOT have lunch besides the fact it starts at 12. But we will have tons of snacks and drinks so I don't think it will be a problem. (And not everyone will come at 12.)

Sounds great I will definitley show up.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord

sounds good. but 50+30+10=90 where is the other 10% of the pot going?

Foe

Smash Journeyman
ooh! Sounds awesome :]
Where in North County is it? I live in Rancho Bernardo :]

<3
rick
Border Line of Del Mar/Carlsbad/Encinitas. Kinda hard to explain but near the high school LCC. 92009 area code.
Sounds great I will definitley show up.
Great hope to see you there.
sounds good. but 50+30+10=90 where is the other 10% of the pot going?
3rd place will get 10 and 4th will get 10 = 20%. Right?
more people will show up if you throw it on a sunday ;)
Ok. I will think about it. That might be best then.

And also, fr the food..I can get free Italian food from Bucca de Beppo or however you spell it. I can also get free mexican food or fastfood from Subway McD, BK, Taco bell, or Carls.

I guess we can have a vote.

Oh and las thing: This isn't final so don't ave this as a set deal. I need to do some stuff before I can fianalize. But I'm 80% sure this will happen.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
4th place payout at a local tourney? Crazy stuff. I'm not opposed to the idea, but 10 for 3rd and 4th kind of eliminates the purpose of winning that match. You could split it 15%, 5% but realistically its probably easier to just say 4th place gets money back or something to that extent.

Micheal

Smash Apprentice
allstar, dont listen to araknaph4gbic- he's not even from here.
fridays and saturdays are more realistic for san diego locals.

Slider619

Smash Journeyman

this sounds good. im down to attend :laugh:

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Cuz there's no time, Hideous. >_<

****, this tourney sounds nice.

Wait, it's 5$ for low tier, 5$ for doubles and 5$ for singles, right?

Top Bottom