• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
HideousBeing, I like your post above. It reminds me to ask a very important question. Is wobbling allowed in San Diego Smash tournaments again? I mean after the whole backroom voting in legal and stuff I am just hoping that we are gonna allow it again.
I believe the verdict was that in official tournaments, banning wobbling is optional for each player. A player can choose to ban wobbling before the match, but must say so before and only before. If he/she begins to lose because of wobbling, too bad- you must have banned it before the match began. I think that's how it is currently in the triweeklies.

I'm still torn on the issue myself. Would not banning wobbling make me a scrub? Still, I'd rather not be known for banning wobbling, and I would like to learn how to avoid getting wobbled. My stand is currently Let it Be.

Edit: Another question, Rick. You play Sheik, right? It just occurred to me today that by reversing Sheik's air facing direction with needles, you could turn Sheik around for whatever arial will best meet the opponent's approach. Now, I'm wondering if this can be committed to skill, so that you can do this turn-around several times every second. By cancelling the needles with a light L-tap, -you know. So, is this done? Is this even possible a few times in a second? Or is this not a realistic skill to learn?

Team Giza

Smash Lord
According to official Smash Board rules wobbling isn't banned. Theres no function at all about it either, its just not banned no rules attached. It is just like any other tactic in the game to them. Of coarse no tournament has to follow the smash boards rules. I am just wondering what is actually going on here since I haven't really been checking constantly. Thanks.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
According to official Smash Board rules wobbling isn't banned. Theres no function at all about it either, its just not banned no rules attached. It is just like any other tactic in the game to them. Of coarse no tournament has to follow the smash boards rules. I am just wondering what is actually going on here since I haven't really been checking constantly. Thanks.
f.uck wobbling.
it's banned at my tournaments and for tri weeklies we already came to the conclusion that it's not banned but every participant in the tourney has the option to ban wobbling before the first match begins.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Hmmm... now all i have to do is learn how to wobble without ICs. One of these days Edrees, one of these days.

-Hideous Being: Yeah that's a fairly well known Sheik tactic, usually used for either grabbing the ledge or b-airs while edge-guarding. You can imagine the scenario: dash towards the ledge, jump, charge needles to turn, fast fall (off the ledge), jump, back air.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
Hmmm... now all i have to do is learn how to wobble without ICs. One of these days Edrees, one of these days.

-Hideous Being: Yeah that's a fairly well known Sheik tactic, usually used for either grabbing the ledge or b-airs while edge-guarding. You can imagine the scenario: dash towards the ledge, jump, charge needles to turn, fast fall (off the ledge), jump, back air.
Are you coming to the tourney at mi casa on the 20th?
Romeo... you better come this time you hooker. And how the hell are you a director haha

Rickety

Peace and Love
This happened once before, when I came to your door, No Reply.

Edit: Rick, I have a question. If you're gonna split the pot money between the champion and the runner-up, what percent does each get? And if top 3?
If only top two receive money, I'd probably go with 60-40. But I think it's more commonplace to make it 70-30. For Top 3, the payout in San Diego has traditionally been 50-30-20, but the majority of tournaments do 60-30-10. It all depends on the tournament director. I personally like the 50-30-20, it seems "fairer" for everyone, but if I wanted to attract a big name like Ken or DSF, I'd probably go with the 60-30-10 split to attract more competition. Hope this helps. :]

Edit: Another question, Rick. You play Sheik, right? It just occurred to me today that by reversing Sheik's air facing direction with needles, you could turn Sheik around for whatever arial will best meet the opponent's approach. Now, I'm wondering if this can be committed to skill, so that you can do this turn-around several times every second. By cancelling the needles with a light L-tap, -you know. So, is this done? Is this even possible a few times in a second? Or is this not a realistic skill to learn?
Hideous Being: Yeah that's a fairly well known Sheik tactic, usually used for either grabbing the ledge or b-airs while edge-guarding. You can imagine the scenario: dash towards the ledge, jump, charge needles to turn, fast fall (off the ledge), jump, back air.
I couldn't have said it better. :]

Is wobbling allowed in San Diego Smash tournaments again? I mean after the whole backroom voting in legal and stuff I am just hoping that we are gonna allow it again. According to official Smash Board rules wobbling isn't banned. Theres no function at all about it either, its just not banned no rules attached. It is just like any other tactic in the game to them. Of coarse no tournament has to follow the smash boards rules. I am just wondering what is actually going on here since I haven't really been checking constantly. Thanks.
It all depends on who is running the tournament. When The BOSS runs a tournament, Wobbling is banned. When I am hosting the the tournament, the player facing the Ice Climber may choose to ban wobbling for their set, if they want to. Since Azn_Lep is going to be running the San Diego Triweeklies soon, it will be his call. Hope this helps. :]

i signed up and said i wanted a blue name and they gave me one
Too Good. I kinda want to change my name back to yellow, since I'm not planning to host any tournaments for a while, but I'm not sure if that will change my "Peace and Love" title into "Smash Apprentice". Does anybody have the answer to this?

Is ANYONE able to give me a ride =(
If I go, I am very sure I can give you a ride :]

<3
rick(ety)

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Apparently it does change your title, as I just discovered for you. =/

Thanks a ton for the ride if you're going! <3

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
The best part of Bones post was the reason he put for editing it. :p

Team Giza

Smash Lord
It all depends on who is running the tournament. When The BOSS runs a tournament, Wobbling is banned. When I am hosting the the tournament, the player facing the Ice Climber may choose to ban wobbling for their set, if they want to. Since Azn_Lep is going to be running the San Diego Triweeklies soon, it will be his call. Hope this helps. :]
Thankies!

Free pizza, you say? I can throw it at _jFK! Hurray!

araknophobik

Smash Master
throw a tournament on a thursday nugga's
i know you lil sd hoes like throwing random day tournys

***** thats about 85% of my gameplay lol
although mainly used for edgeguarding, it can also be used as a mindgame =]
me vs hugo
notice at 57-58 seconds how i needle canceled to a dtilt

p.s. ignore the 4 stock part, this was like the only time it ever happened and it was a friendly
plus, its hugs =/

Rickety

Peace and Love
BOSSy Biweekly Rules

Hey BOSS, Can you check the first post? I added some things that you had from your very first biweekly thread, and I just want to make sure it's accurate :]

EDIT: I added your super-cool photo to the front page banner, too! <3

Bone is an amazing love. <3

Jake the Boy needs to come :]

Fabian, I don't know what you're talking about. Who hosts spur of the moment tournaments, anyway? ;)

----

The BOSS presents:
Bossy Biweekly III - 10/20/07
Oceanside, San Diego, CA

12:00 - Warm Up, Sign Up
1:00 - Doubles Begins
Singles Begin after Doubles

See Below for Details.

Details:

The simple lack of tournies these past few weeks has encouraged me to do something about it. And here it is!

Where: 5456 Gooseberry Way, Oceanside Ca, 92057
Time: Saturday the 20th of October. Doubles START at 1:00pm (arrive at noon)
Price: $5-singles, $10 doubles ($5 per person)

Events:

*Singles- 5$ 60%-30%-10%
*Doubles- 10$ per team 60%-30%-10%
*Crews (if we have enough time) 1$ per person, winner take all.

All are welcome, remember though, this is a tournament and we will have limited tvs. Friendlies at any time are fine but get off if it's needed for tourney play. Also...BRING TVS AND CUBES HOES!!! :)
Rules:
-MLG Rules (8 min, 4 stock, items on...joking!, you know the rules).
-BYOC
-Neutral Stages CANNOT be banned
-Wobbling IS banned

*Pot Distribution* 60-30-10

PLEASE BRING WHAT YOU CAN!!!
-Chairs, Tvs, Cubes, Vcr's, exc.

Directions from South (5 North):
-5 North
-76 East exit
-76 East for about 8 miles
-Left on Guajome Lake Road
-Down the hill, continue straight
-Right on Gooseberry Way
-5456 Gooseberry Way (left side).

Directions from South (15 North):
-15 North
-Merge 78 West toward Oceanside
-College Blv exit
-Right on College heading north
-Make a right on 76
-Left on Guajome Lake Road
-Down the hill, continue straight
-Right on Gooseberry Way
-5456 Gooseberry Way (left side).

All are welcome, just be respectful of my house (no stealing, don't be a$$holes, exc.) other than that it's kool.
We will be using Neals tournament organizer to make things pretty darn smooth.

There is In and Out, Taco Bell, McDonalds, Carls Jr., and more 5 minutes from my pad!
---

Vader Rue

Smash Apprentice
Biweeklies, Woot thats just might allow me more practice then about once every month. I might have to stop going to the Card Shop on Saturdays, not like i was any good at those games anyway. :ohwell:

(woot im a Child now >..>)

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
Hey BOSS, Can you check the first post? I added some things that you had from your very first biweekly thread, and I just want to make sure it's accurate :]

EDIT: I added your super-cool photo to the front page banner, too! <3

Bone is an amazing love. <3

Jake the Boy needs to come :]

Fabian, I don't know what you're talking about. Who hosts spur of the moment tournaments, anyway? ;)
everything looks legit, thanks! :)
see u saturday!!!!

Rickety

Peace and Love
Justice make's me wanna D.A.N.C.E.

everything looks legit, thanks! :)
see u saturday!!!!
Fo' Sure! Too Good :]
If I have space in my car, I'll bring a TV.
I'll take off the whole "See First Post" thing now. :]

Thanks, Rick, Lep. Hey, just wondering who's the best (or self-proclaimed best) Bowser in SD?
No problem. :]
CAOTIC was our best Bowser, and still is, in spirit :]
Gimpyfish, Arash, and Ken all have great Bowsers, and they're not far from here. As far as the current best Bowser in San Diego, I'd have to say it'd most likely be a "Various" San Diego player, someone who plays a lot of characters in tournaments, like Romeo619 or Pnoy. I think Azn_Lep or Squish would have the best Bowser, but I guess we won't know 'til we have ourselves a low-tier tournament! :]

cool i'm in 2 pictures on the first post
Wayland is too good! Come back to San Diego :(
Team Kirra reunite!

I'll be going to the next tournament in San Diego. ;)
Yes! Please come :]

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
Hey guys, is anyone here going to or interested in going to E4 this weekend?

I was thinking of driving up to LA this Saturday to go so I can sorta check out the stuff going on, but mostly just to play Smash Brawl that is going to be playable there.

Is anyone else already going? And if not, is anyone interested in going? If I was able to get a couple people together, that could make it a fun trip and such.

Anyway, let me know.
you do know that e4 costs money don't you? and the last day to sign up was the 10th... minimum package costs $50

HueySlim

Smash Rookie
Hey, me & 2 people want to hit it up, we live in Serra Mesa, but If we sign up for the tourney now, can we arrive after 12 because we got work. Could we be there around 3-4 for the Singles match ups?

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
Hey, me & 2 people want to hit it up, we live in Serra Mesa, but If we sign up for the tourney now, can we arrive after 12 because we got work. Could we be there around 3-4 for the Singles match ups?
sure thing. expecting that we will be on schedual... soubles should end around 3 maybe a lil later. singles should start around 4.

Top Bottom