• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
results...

Doubles:
1. DSF+Nezumi
2. Jon619+Rickety
3. Boss+Maple

Singles:
1.DSF
2.Boss
3.Jon619
4.Rickety
5.Maple

Phat

Smash Cadet
I hope you guys read my post in the tourney thread.

If you didn't, please do.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
okay i'm now hosting biweeklies...
next date is posted in the thread i started.

post in there... everyone better come.
if u post and say ur coming... ****ing come this time *****hoes. :)

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
okay i'm now hosting biweeklies...
next date is posted in the thread i started.

post in there... everyone better come.
if u post and say ur coming... ****ing come this time *****hoes. :)

ahahah, yeah my bad. still, i only said "i could make it" =p

but yeah, i was in riverside and stuff, so.

i'll try to make the next one >>

LHG

Smash Journeyman
OP! Who likes the new Brawl update?

Can't wait for the next Triweekly/Bossy Biweekly.

(Just had to break the silence. Mwahaha.)

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****....it actually happened.

Now maybe Knuckles will be in the game? (doubt it ...but keeping fingers crossed.) :cool:

Rickety

Peace and Love
Live and Learn,
HANGING ON THE EDGE OF TOMORROW!!!!

*sings with Doodles* <3

Literal LOL at The BOSS's post! :-P

Mach Rider, Issac, and Garet for Brawl please :]

Zephyr

Smash Lord
LIVE AND LEARN,
From the works of yesterday!

Rickety's choice of Brawl characters is immaculate. =P

It puts you right back where you came!

I remember the lyrics to this song meant so much to me last December. =P

Rickety

Peace and Love
Aw, thanks, Zeph! :]
By the way, I've been wondering, what made you choose the name Goldenmuffin back then? You don't have to answer, that thought came to me he other day, and I'm curious :-P

And yes, Sonic Adventure 2's soundtrack is too good.

It speaks vlumes of how cool we are when Asp, Doodles, Jon619, SA3Tony, and I all went to Belmont Park, and how in addition to the fact that Cameron and Andrew could sing "Pumpkin Hill", Cameron, Jon, and I ALL HAD THE SOUNDTRACKS IN OUR CARS.

We're totally not dorks, I swear.

<3
rick(ety)

P.S.
Anyone wanna go do something Harmonious tomorrow? Non-smash or smash :]

Zephyr

Smash Lord
The name was an inside joke having to do with a Flash artist who goes by Legendary Frog. Not important. =P

BTW, anyone going to BOSS' tourney next Saturday willing to give me a ride? =D

LHG

Smash Journeyman
And yes, Sonic Adventure 2's soundtrack is too good.

It speaks vlumes of how cool we are when Asp, Doodles, Jon619, SA3Tony, and I all went to Belmont Park, and how in addition to the fact that Cameron and Andrew could sing "Pumpkin Hill", Cameron, Jon, and I ALL HAD THE SOUNDTRACKS IN OUR CARS.
BUST OUT PUMPKIN HILL THE NEXT TIME WE'RE ALL AROUND. I knew I was missing a song from my Sonic Adventure 2 playlist on my iPod. Was listening to Meteor Herd and Pyramid Cave on the way to school earlier today. :)

Zephyr said:
The name was an inside joke having to do with a Flash artist who goes by Legendary Frog. Not important. =P
I knew Goldenmuffin sounded familiar! Couldn't figure out where it was from though. I like LF, Chocobo Remix for the win. Do you know if he's done anything lately?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Does everyone remember the ballroom tri weekly?

Well expect a bigger one this January, we got the same venue, and they are offering us many TVs. I want this to be a pretty big tournament. They asked me if I needed anything else. Can someone give me suggests on what to ask? Besides TVs and Cubes/smash games/memory cards, I want to ask for

Power chords, tables
one large projector
vcr's/taping equipment

I was hesitant to do this at first since Brawl would be out and I wouldn't care to play melee, I was considering holding it for Brawl despite no one being good at the game yet, but since brawl is delayed, this should be in full force.

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman

Well expect a bigger one this January, we got the same venue, and they are offering us many TVs. I want this to be a pretty big tournament. They asked me if I needed anything else. Can someone give me suggests on what to ask? Besides TVs and Cubes/smash games/memory cards, I want to ask for

Power chords, tables
one large projector
vcr's/taping equipment

I was hesitant to do this at first since Brawl would be out and I wouldn't care to play melee, I was considering holding it for Brawl despite no one being good at the game yet, but since brawl is delayed, this should be in full force.
Megaphone and sticker name badges to put a person's tag on. The thing to make Triweeklies run more smoothly is to make sure we can find people easily and get matches running. I remember running around uncomfortable in asking people if there gaming tag was [insert random tag here]. Even then it was impossible to find people.

LHG

Smash Journeyman
brawl was delayed? :O
Nintendo press wire and other sources are saying February 10, 2008 for us. :( I totally wanted it before christmas... christmas would have been so chill. Cuz... LAST CHRISTMAS I GAVE YOU MY HEART BUT THE VERY NEXT DAY, YOU GAVE IT AWAY.

Rickety

Peace and Love
KCRW + VeganPestoPasta = Love ~ <3

Mach Rider? Maybe an assist... Although, if they can let Wario ride his hog on stage, why not Mach Rider?
Yeah, he does seem better suited to be an assist trophy, but the Ice Climbers made it into Melee despite only having one game to their name. Also, Captain Falcon being stuck in his car the entire time in the F-Zero series didn't stop him from running around without the Blue Falcon in the Smash Bros. games. I'm not trying to argue or say Mach Rider will be in it, but a boy can dream, no? <3

BTW, anyone going to BOSS' tourney next Saturday willing to give me a ride? =D
Okie dokey! Thank you for quenching my curiosity :]

BUST OUT PUMPKIN HILL THE NEXT TIME WE'RE ALL AROUND. I knew I was missing a song from my Sonic Adventure 2 playlist on my iPod. Was listening to Meteor Herd and Pyramid Cave on the way to school earlier today. :)
I'll definitely be bringin' the Soundtrack :]

Power chords, tables
one large projector
vcr's/taping equipment

Megaphone and sticker name badges to put a person's tag on. The thing to make Triweeklies run more smoothly is to make sure we can find people easily and get matches running. I remember running around uncomfortable in asking people if there gaming tag was [insert random tag here]. Even then it was impossible to find people.
I agree with both of you :]
Maybe this ballroom tournament, if it gets enough attention, will exceed Triweekly status, and stand alone as a bigger tournament. Maybe we can call Pha and and all work to make the SD-1 :-P

I would like to give my Triweekly MVP award (given to me by none other than the great Pha + CAOTIC!) to Will! He's so helpful with tournaments :]

Edrees! Let's talk on AIM or at the Bossy Biweekly (or UCLA IV), to discuss running this thing :]

<3
rick(ety)

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that likes the Sonic Adventure 1 soundtrack better than 2's?

It is painful to watch others play brawl while we have to wait a couple more months.
I have to agree. I have more fun memories with SA1 then SA2 (although i freaked about both games when they came out) So many memories...takes me back to the day the dreamcast came out. It was like a miracle seeing Sonic games in what was "next gen" back then.

And i'm actually glad about the push back. Too many times have I experienced a game that I've been waiting for a long time on, and turns out to be a steaming pile of crap. I say let them make it better. :cool:

BTW: Anyone here have Orange Box? (Half-Life2: Episode 2, Team Fortress 2, And Portal)

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Heh, to quote a conversation I had organizing a senior smash tournament for my school...

HideousBeing: I must ask a question. Does anyone here call anything in this game cheap? i.e. Running away with Fox and spamming lasers?

One guy: I think falco shifting back and forth is cheap. Ness constantly using the lightning. Kirby spinning on the ground back and forth. Stuff like that is pretty cheap. Basically using cheap moves over and over is dumb.

HideousBeing: Those who can name cheap tactics in smash should read this article. It's really informative and discusses the mentality of a serious gamer vs a "scrub." It opened my eyes and changed the way I play games forever. http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlayToWinPart1.htm

Guy again: (HideousBeing), I have read similar articles and I agree that if the game allows moves, then it is not cheating. I just consider certain tactics and moves cheap so I do not use them myself. I do not care if other people use them. Everyone has their own idea of honor and morals in the world of video games and I am not one to judge.

Heh, the thing is, he's so self-riteous about it, it'll make me feel bad when I rip him apart. Provided I:
1. Do beat him. (Shame on me if I don't.)
2. Use any tactic he calls cheap. (From reading his little list, I doubt I could evade his entire collection of mental rules.)

BTW, does anyone know what in heck "Kirby spinning on the ground back and forth" means?

Edit: Rick, I have a question. If you're gonna split the pot money between the champion and the runner-up, what percent does each get? And if top 3?

Team Giza

Smash Lord
i wonder who GIZA is going to play as when brawl comes out... hahahaha
Umm... obviously albino DK ... durrrrrrrrrrrr! He still seems like DK from melee with some better stuff, and I loved playing as DK in melee and now he is whiter than me. I love it. I'm still a fan of big characters... if Bowser is more grapple based in Brawl I might just pick him up. *hopes Bowser's command grab is better*

Am I the only one that likes the Sonic Adventure 1 soundtrack better than 2's?
You aren't alone. I simply despise the Sonic Adventure 2 music. In fact, I despised Sonic Adventure 2 in general.

Well hoping Sonic will be a success in brawl... maybe it will make it more likely of a Sonic the Fighters 2.... oh well. I've always got the Underrated Fighting Gaming League... joy.

HideousBeing, I like your post above. It reminds me to ask a very important question. Is wobbling allowed in San Diego Smash tournaments again? I mean after the whole backroom voting in legal and stuff I am just hoping that we are gonna allow it again.

Top Bottom