• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
I'm down for 3s, CvS2 and AC. Money matches anyone? I need to pay off my SCC payment lol.

EDIT: Dude, I wanna learn Melty Blood.
I'm thinking about money matching you in 3s, and maybe AC if I can play it for a little first. I have Slash, but AC seems SO much different. =/

DARKMIKE

Smash Apprentice
new smasher

hello every one. im new to san diego/ la mesa. is there any one in the area that wants to smash? i hope so. so far the skill has been low. i met a person who could wavedash but didnt know how to shield grab and was shocked when i told him about it. i need to get back into the competative scene and coming from norcal im used to good players all the time. can someone give me directions to ucsd or where ever the triweeklies are held. thanks

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Hey man welcome to San Diego. We don't have any triweeklies running at the moment since school hasn't started. But if you just stick around there'll be smashfests periodically before the Fall Quarter picks up. Once it does I'm sure Rick'll put up direction to the lodge.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
hello every one. im new to san diego/ la mesa. is there any one in the area that wants to smash? i hope so. so far the skill has been low. i met a person who could wavedash but didnt know how to shield grab and was shocked when i told him about it. i need to get back into the competative scene and coming from norcal im used to good players all the time. can someone give me directions to ucsd or where ever the triweeklies are held. thanks

where u living right now? i'm always down to smash.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
DarkMike...I know that name from somewhere. o_0

Basically what Azn Lep said has been the case for a while. We've hardly had any tournies all summer and now we're just waiting for the triweeklies to start up again. You probably won't see me at any smashfests since I usually like my smash events to be planned out ahead of time so I'm able to go to others in the future. =P

Welcome to SD. <3

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
DarkMike...I know that name from somewhere. o_0

Basically what Azn Lep said has been the case for a while. We've hardly had any tournies all summer and now we're just waiting for the triweeklies to start up again. You probably won't see me at any smashfests since I usually like my smash events to be planned out ahead of time so I'm able to go to others in the future. =P

Welcome to SD. <3
Dude, you should start showing up to stuff. If you don't, I'ma start claiming best fox in SD. =D

D

Deleted member

Age requirement

Is there, or will there be an age requirement for the triweeklys. i'd love to come, but i'm not in college :p Hope i can come, i'd love to test my skills against people who r bettr than my friends. Thanks in advance for replying.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Whoa, Dark Mike!
I remember playing you in Pools way back at OC2!

Rick's Totally Non-Biased SD Fox Tier List:
1. Eddykim1
2. PHA KING
3. The great (and cute! but "retired") Zack353
4. Saint Zephyr (very different Foxes, I wanna see them Ditto, both are good at Fox Dittos.)
5. SA3Tony

I'll money-match someone in 3S if they train me :]

Cameron and Patrick, what systems did you get AC for? The Wii, or PS2? I think PS2 might be ideal, since I can use my Saturn controller, but if Wii let's me use a Classic controller, I think I'll be fine :]

Eep! Getting distracted!
Back to Homework!

<3
rick

Edit:
There is no age requirement. Most triweekly goer's are still in high school. :]

D

Deleted member

YES!!!!! I'll be at one whenever i can. Finally a tourney where i can show wut i got!

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Whoa, Dark Mike!
I remember playing you in Pools way back at OC2!

Rick's Totally Non-Biased SD Fox Tier List:
1. Eddykim1
2. PHA KING
3. The great (and cute! but "retired") Zack353
4. Saint Zephyr (very different Foxes, I wanna see them Ditto, both are good at Fox Dittos.)
5. SA3Tony

I'll money-match someone in 3S if they train me :]

Cameron and Patrick, what systems did you get AC for? The Wii, or PS2? I think PS2 might be ideal, since I can use my Saturn controller, but if Wii let's me use a Classic controller, I think I'll be fine :]

Eep! Getting distracted!
Back to Homework!

<3
rick

Edit:
There is no age requirement. Most triweekly goer's are still in high school. :]
wtf man, that's a terrible Fox list. You know I should be higher =P

Also, I got it for PS2. Since Tony stopped playing games according to him, I'm sure he wouldn't really mind if you let me use his controller =D

haha jk. I'd have to ask him.

Is there, or will there be an age requirement for the triweeklys. i'd love to come, but i'm not in college :p Hope i can come, i'd love to test my skills against people who r bettr than my friends. Thanks in advance for replying.
We like 'em young.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
im living in la mesa on el cajon. do you live near? oh btw wassup rikety. did you hear about my crews car crash after oc3? oh and to zephyr, did we play at oc2 or 3?
Oh **** I heard about that crash. That was you guys? It's good to hear everyone survived that; it sounds like it was intense.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Lunin says so, I obey. *bows down to his insane fox skillage*

Wait a second Pat, you're saying that you think I'm the best Fox in SD?

LOL

I'm not NEARLY that good, mang. I have like no tech skill whatsoever.

And I'll start showing up to stuff when stuff actually starts happening. And when it doesn't keep me out till midnight. And when I actually know about it happening. >_>

@ BurntSocks: Welcome to the scene, can't wait to play you and lose. ^^ Also, what area of SD do you live in?

@DarkMike: I wasn't at OC2 or OC3, so I'm fairly confident I didn't see you there. XD I think I probably just heard about you and your crew in conjunction with that crash. Nice to know that smashers CAN do barrel rolls and live to tell the tale.

@ Rick: Pha and Eddy still play? It'd be nice if I got to play them. >_>

But I don't think I've seen them for a long while. Are they done with smash or something?

I need Vietgamer to get me my smash disc back so I can start not sucking again.

D

Deleted member

I live in LA Jolla. And mission hillz. I got 2 houses. I hope to see u fellas soon (ish)

Sizzle

I paint controllers
SirNegroJuice and I played this past weekend and it was really fun getting to play more people. Anyone else at SDSU play? I am totally up for playing more people. My transportation is mainly the trolley at this point, but if someone could pick me up from the trolley I will play wherever.

SA2Jeff

Smash Apprentice
darkmike as in the guy that played samus? and teamed with a fox player...i forgot who. you almost beat mathos too? but anyway

condo's alex has a good fox...i swear, you guys just don't know cuz he never plays outside of the condo..SCC, lets get a training session sometime next weekend ya?

anto

Smash Apprentice
im living in la mesa on el cajon. do you live near? oh btw wassup rikety. did you hear about my crews car crash after oc3? oh and to zephyr, did we play at oc2 or 3?
ohh i think i met you guys in that parking lot near the oc3 venue, it was like me and two other friends in a blue truck. dont know if you remember us

DARKMIKE

Smash Apprentice
to saint patrick- yes that was us, my arm got jv 5-stocked, but im kinda alright except for the glass chips that surface through my skin. it was really intense, well only for a second, i was knocked out.

to sizzle-if your up for playing we can exchange numbers or something. i REALLY need to play.

to lunin- wassup man. thanks for the comment, i really miss the norcaliens. i really want to do some damage out here. maybe ill see you a tourney.

to sa2jeff- that was me, he played better but he wont beat me next time. my crew member was KFC.

to anto- i remember you guys, any body willin to visit la mesa? you can catch the green line.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Hey, if anyone around me wants to play on THURSDAY, I get out of school at 11:30 and don't work until 3. So I kinda wanna play some smash. I won't be able to go anywhere too far from me (like La Mesa, sorry Darkmike T_T) but Jeff, Rick, Doodles, etc.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Well, you said that if I didn't start showing up again you'd have to declare yourself best Fox in SD. Funny how that works out, isn't it?

Oh wellz. There's no point in trying to be the best...just having a blast while hanging with the coolest people in SD. =P

Rickety

Peace and Love
Kcrw!

Also, I got it for PS2. Since Tony stopped playing games according to him, I'm sure he wouldn't really mind if you let me use his controller =D

haha jk. I'd have to ask him.
Awesome!! Saturn Controller, yeahyuz!
What about you, Doodles? What system?

Yeah, I heard! :(
I hope you guys feel better now!

Wait a second Pat, you're saying that you think I'm the best Fox in SD?

LOL

I'm not NEARLY that good, mang. I have like no tech skill whatsoever.

@ Rick: Pha and Eddy still play? It'd be nice if I got to play them. >_>

But I don't think I've seen them for a long while. Are they done with smash or something?
wtf man, that's a terrible Fox list. You know I should be higher =P
Omigosh, that list was a joke! Oops!, Pha and Eddy have all graduated and retired now, sadly.

If I were to make a real list of best San Diego Foxes (actually uses Fox in tournament), it'd be very close between Ryan and Patrick. And while I feel that Patrick's is better, I would put Ryan over Patrick for now, since Ryan has already proven himself with Fox in tournament play, whereas Patrick has not (yet).

Rickety's Totally Non-Biased SD-Fox Tier List (Based on Actual tournament play with Fox, with recent results holding more weight, but not all of it.) ~

1. Super Zack <3
2. Zephyr
3. Romeo619
4. Tp_Fox
5. Zack353
6. JFK
7. Vietgamer1021
8. Eddykim1
9. Pha
10. Saint Patrick

Now, it's up to Patrick to change that list! :]

List based on "Fox Potential" would probably, in my opinion, look like:
1. Super Zack (way too cute)
2. Saint Patrick (way too sexy)
3. Zephyr (way too good at Fox dittos, eh, Oria? ;) )

^_~

I live in LA Jolla. And mission hillz. I got 2 houses. I hope to see u fellas soon (ish)
Ooh, Mission Hills! I used to go to Grant Elementary! One day I dream for the option to buy a house there :]

We should play!

SirNegroJuice and I played this past weekend and it was really fun getting to play more people. Anyone else at SDSU play? I am totally up for playing more people. My transportation is mainly the trolley at this point, but if someone could pick me up from the trolley I will play wherever.
We should (also) play!

darkmike as in the guy that played samus? and teamed with a fox player...i forgot who. you almost beat mathos too? but anyway

condo's alex has a good fox...i swear, you guys just don't know cuz he never plays outside of the condo..SCC, lets get a training session sometime next weekend ya?
SA1Alex is too good :]
And yes, Harmony training session/Welcome-Back-Dayu/Mini-Tournament, coming soon? :]

Hey, if anyone around me wants to play on THURSDAY, I get out of school at 11:30 and don't work until 3. So I kinda wanna play some smash. I won't be able to go anywhere too far from me (like La Mesa, sorry Darkmike T_T) but Jeff, Rick, Doodles, etc.
Hmmm! I should finish my homework early!

Well, you said that if I didn't start showing up again you'd have to declare yourself best Fox in SD. Funny how that works out, isn't it?

Oh wellz. There's no point in trying to be the best...just having a blast while hanging with the coolest people in SD. =P
I <3 Ryan Pitcher!

Bone, where are you? :(

<3
Rick(ety)

Vader Rue

Smash Apprentice
I really need to free myself up to play smash more... I'm free most of Friday till about 5:30pm. Going to see if my parents dont mind if i open the house to play with a few people. Hope they dont mind. Would anyone be up for Fridays around noon if i get the ok? I live walking distance from doodles(if you know him) just across the street from Mount Carmel High School.

Galaxy

Smash Journeyman
I'm a newbie to the competitive smash scene and I live in SD. :) I'm very interested in playing against you guys so if any of you people wanna hook up and smash PM me. My dad said he can drive me almost anywhere in SD or if you don't have space you can come to my game shop thing and we can play there. (It's a shack/garage thing and we got a big TV and a small TV, 2 cubes and we also sell games.) So it might be better if you came here, maybe.

Well, cya around guys.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
I'm a newbie to the competitive smash scene and I live in SD. :) I'm very interested in playing against you guys so if any of you people wanna hook up and smash PM me. My dad said he can drive me almost anywhere in SD or if you don't have space you can come to my game shop thing and we can play there. (It's a shack/garage thing and we got a big TV and a small TV, 2 cubes and we also sell games.) So it might be better if you came here, maybe.

Well, cya around guys.
Whereabouts in SD do you live?

Galaxy

Smash Journeyman
I live up in Carlsbad/Encinitas area. I am right near LCC highschool or near the academy. I am willing to travel, though.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
LOL! A friend of mine from school is interested in having a school smash tournament at his house with a few select seniors. He comes to me to talk about it, and it was real funny to listen to his perspective. I tell him, "In competitive play, there are no items on. Ever." He looks dissappointed and is silent for a moment, then goes, "Well, maybe we could have the non-cheap ones on only, and have it on Very Low." I also had to explain the neutral stages and generic tournament rules. He wanted to use tournament mode and I told him that it's much more efficient to set up the tournament manually and have multiple TV's for efficiency.
And then, here's the best part.
He eventually mentions to me, "This'll be cool. Imagine. We could have, like, judges watching the matches to see if anyone does anything cheap. If anyone is like, being cheap, we could take away a stock, or like, make them take 100% or something." I asked him something he would consider cheap, and he responded, "Trapping people with Mewtwo's dark ball thingy, when you're charging it up, and they get stuck in it behind you." I then informed him of DI, and explained that "cheap" doesn't exist, which, I think he's still swallowing. Anyway, it made me laugh, and I trust you guys found it funny too.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
People are scrubs by nature, it is the duty of the smash community to inform others of the complete lack of cheapness (besides peach >_<) in the game.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
People are scrubs by nature, it is the duty of the smash community to inform others of the complete lack of cheapness (besides peach >_<) in the game.
I certainly felt so. :p
Say Zephyr, what made you introduce yourself to me when we met? Did you know who I was? Or did I just look new and lonely?
One more thing. Who is the best Falco in SD? Open for flaming.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Um? It's just something I do for people I haven't met before. I introduce myself to them and learn their names so I can recognize them next time we meet.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
I certainly felt so. :p
Say Zephyr, what made you introduce yourself to me when we met? Did you know who I was? Or did I just look new and lonely?
One more thing. Who is the best Falco in SD? Open for flaming.
ME!

Haha just kidding. It'd probably have to be either Boss or Zack, although Zack kinda quit.

Top Bottom