• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Brawl Tournamet ~TBD~

Ghetto Soldier

Smash Apprentice
yeah man the turny was bomb man but next time take shyworl off counter picking ight that **** knocked me out of the turny. but other than that it was bomb.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
I think you should try and organize another one at Gamer's. I talked with the guy who worked there quite a bit that day, and he seems down to hold these tourneys on a monthly basis.

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
A Melee tourny sounds like a awesome Idea I think less people would go to it though and I also need to get my melee skill back(brawl stole short hopping and L canceling from me)

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Well im working on lowering the prices but with the set prices right now I was told that there would also be food included and some extra's so were gonna see what happens cause Ive already recieved some frowns on the prices......

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
wow dude no way I am paying $40... sucks because this was a fun venue, I'd like to go to it again but not for $40
Yeah thats what I said! But its also supposed to include like food and some extras and a bigger pot too. But im talking to the guy and he's prolly gonna lower it cause I told him its either you lower it or people just won't come! Plain and simple!!!

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
new sheriff in town

But im talking to the guy and he's prolly gonna lower it cause I told him its either you lower it or people just won't come! Plain and simple!!!
DAYUM
look at dreamhack layin down the law
june 7th huh i think i can make it
btw anyone down for some smash this week i need the practice for brawl

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Well im working on lowering the prices but with the set prices right now I was told that there would also be food included and some extra's so were gonna see what happens cause Ive already recieved some frowns on the prices......
That seems kind of weird to get food and extra stuff for a (monthly) tournament like that. I mean, I paid like $35 for Super Champ Combo, a NATIONAL tournament that was two days. It seems kind of excessive to throw in food and stuff when people just want to play and can bring/get their own food (well at least, that's what I do). If food and extras need to be served, make it a optional thing that people can decide on there while still being able to pay the normal $5-$10 that people want for a monthly tournament that they can go to, well, monthly. $40 a month is crazy if it isn't a huge major. :)

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
That seems kind of weird to get food and extra stuff for a (monthly) tournament like that. I mean, I paid like $35 for Super Champ Combo, a NATIONAL tournament that was two days. It seems kind of excessive to throw in food and stuff when people just want to play and can bring/get their own food (well at least, that's what I do). If food and extras need to be served, make it a optional thing that people can decide on there while still being able to pay the normal $5-$10 that people want for a monthly tournament that they can go to, well, monthly. $40 a month is crazy if it isn't a huge major. :)
Yeah I totally get what your saying LHG! Thats why im trying really hard to get him to drop it to the regular cost that we had last time! Which Im pretty sure he would. Cause thats just good business and money to be made to just lose..... Just gimme a few days so I can talk to him and get all of this squared away! Just have faith in me..... :)

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
my place anytime, i cant host tournament with like 20 plus people but i guess i can have some people over
btw does anyone know if bone is in IB today to see if he's down
Wheres your place??? If its in TJ then I dont think I can go..... But if its like 1 or 2 people then I guesse you guys can come to my house in eastlake which is like 5 minutes from SWC! But you guys need to bring the system, game, and controllers. Cause I dont own any of the systems (Wii or Gamecube) but that dont mean I suck! :chuckle:

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
Wheres your place??? If its in TJ then I dont think I can go..... But if its like 1 or 2 people then I guesse you guys can come to my house in eastlake which is like 5 minutes from SWC! But you guys need to bring the system, game, and controllers. Cause I dont own any of the systems (Wii or Gamecube) but that dont mean I suck! :chuckle:
im in tj right now but i live like a block from L street
ive sent u a pm w/ my digits and stuff so call and well set something up cuz i need this i havent played brawl in a month and melee in a really long time and that tourney in tj looks like its going to be big

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Ok everyone I got the prices lowered back down! I've update the 1st page so you guys can see for yourselves..... So Gamers is back on for the Gamers Universe Brawl Tournament II!!!!!

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Ok everyone I got the prices lowered back down! I've update the 1st page so you guys can see for yourselves..... So Gamers is back on for the Gamers Universe Brawl Tournament II!!!!!
Awesome, thanks for the change in prices. What made him go back to the OG price?

Expect us to maybe be there...

acv

Smash Journeyman
i dont know much about tourneys(i have never gone to one) but about how many people go and is there anybody who is really good that is attending?

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
i dont know much about tourneys(i have never gone to one) but about how many people go and is there anybody who is really good that is attending?
Well this was my first tourney that ive ever held and it went pretty well. I expected like 20-25 but we had 55 entrants so we did good! And yeah theres people here that have some skillz man! DSF murdered that competition here at gamers! He took home almost $200 just for singles...... So yeah the people here in Socal have skillz!!!

acv

Smash Journeyman
is it single or double elimination?

btw do you recommend that i go?

Nefarious

Smash Apprentice
last time was so much fun, even though i got tossed left and right ):
ill for sure show up, but when are they gona do melee again?

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
is it single or double elimination?

btw do you recommend that i go?
Yeah you can only get better at it by playing with more experienced players! Plus its a lot of fun and yeah its Double Elimination.

last time was so much fun, even though i got tossed left and right ):
ill for sure show up, but when are they gona do melee again?
Imma try to get a melee tournament set up at Gamers Universe after this brawl tournament happens. So imma get working on that soon! But im pretty sure it will happen later on down the road......

acv

Smash Journeyman
ok ill go.

btw i saw the tournament videos and i could see i could learn more there than playing with the same people over and over again.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
yeah i will be there june 7th and i will bring 3 of my friends, only this time i wont be knocked out the tournament in the fifth round xD and i think ill stick around for doubles :D

Top Bottom