• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Texas PR

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Oh, I've already discussed stuff with Zhea in a PM. Due to the fact that he hosts Fests generally around 7pm I am unable to go, currently. My ride won't be willing to drive me at that time, so until I get a driver's licences and a job for gas money I can't go to stuff held later then like 3-4 pm. :/
that does in fact suck.

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
march 1st, actually. the 11th is a tuesday.

about that PR period...I'd like to be higher now. at least 2 spots.
I think we'll probably update this once we finish the tournies this month and on the 1st, so many tournies this month @_@.
You should probably be higher in the next list since you're doing good lately. Well at least on my list >_>.

Last edited:

RedGamer

Smash Ace
@ Xilo Pryce Xilo Pryce

if you could have a cool sponsership tag not including VGBC or CT, what would it be? Even if it's random:
RNDM | PKThunder

personally I'd love to be sponsered by VideoGameBootCamp (VGBC | PKThunder), but I wouldn't mind something like these:
ASOM | PKThunder
NYAN | PKThunder
HARU | PKThunder

and yes, I would delete the hyphen.

Last edited:

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
The first thing that Springs to mind is BMC | Xilo Pryce which stands for Big Man's Couch. It was a "crew" with me, lumpy, miztik, waffles and his dog.

I'd also be fine with Haru, Haru, Haru, or Haru

I could go with the classic of **** | XP. Dropping the name would work better in that instance.

In similar fashion I could go with WINDOWS | XP.

I like this question. I'll have to give it some more thought.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
The first thing that Springs to mind is BMC | Xilo Pryce which stands for Big Man's Couch. It was a "crew" with me, lumpy, miztik, waffles and his dog.

I'd also be fine with Haru, Haru, Haru, or Haru

I could go with the classic of **** | XP. Dropping the name would work better in that instance.

In similar fashion I could go with WINDOWS | XP.

I like this question. I'll have to give it some more thought.
big man's couch sounds awesome. I'd like to use that if there are no objections.

WINDOWS | XP with XP meaning Xilo Pryce? It took me a while, but I finally understood it. yay, I'm special :awesome:
USAF | Valdens incoming
United States Air Force | Valdens? my cousin is in the military so USAF means air force to me.

Last edited:

clnr

Smash Rookie
sweet im the only person in history to be retired AND sponsored, im too good

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I think you should go with XiloPryce no spaces, so that you can tag it like this.
BMC | XiloPryce
but that's just my opinion. I recommend you go with your full tag.
BMC | PK Thunder
BMC | DJ Pogo @ pogo pogo Why not right?
BMC | Zhea @ Zhea Zhea you gotta, it won't be the same withou'cha.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
you didn't already reserve the venue did you? I was thinking about having larger scale smashfest and I was going to bring chips and dip or something. But if you're already reserved then I'll see you guys on the 22nd (with chips and dip).

Edit: I'd be down for having a Penis King Thunder Tourney.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

It is an honor to announce that am hosting the return of an MLG (Major League Gaming) supported event in Houston Tx on May 3rd-4th 2014. This event, as well as other MLG supported events in the USA over the next 5 months, determine if Brawl/Melee/PM make it into the official MLG season schedule. This event, if supported to the max, will not only mean great things for the current smash games but can also help our future in Smash 4. Please go to this event and show MLG we want smash taken to the next level.

SWF Link:
http://smashboards.com/threads/may-3-2014-whobo-mlg-houston-special-edition-houston-tx.348315/

AiB Link:
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14466

FaceBook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/278250605676938/?

NOTE: There is a player cap of 200 entrants so if you plan on supporting this MLG event, please register asap.

Last edited:

Zhea

Smash Ace
So the results thread will be up tonight, but if you want to see the results:
http://challonge.com/UAMeleeSingles
http://challonge.com/UAMeleeDoubles

Now for a small postmortem on what went wrong and what could be done in the future to prevent this kind of fiasco.

What went wrong:
1. I didn't see the venue space until the day of the tournament. I should of pushed Kyle and Brandon harder on this. Half an hour(that includes travel time to and from my apartment) could of saved a whole lot of time and headaches. I could of straight up known that 6 setups wasn't happening and that teams was going to only run on 2 or 3 setups.
2. Recording was not feasible. We did record some matches, but In all honesty the way the tourney was running we should of just run through Grand and let people get on there way.
3. Communication sucked. I couldn't get a hold of people and as a results I didn't get to the venue until 3:00PM, causing teams to start an hour late. I should of pushed Kyle on getting there with him at 9:00AM to help set up. This would of let me make the judgment call on 1 and 2 then and there and could of got this rolling much more efficiently. Also I didn't end up eating lunch even though I had ample time since I was trying to secure a ride, which hit my stamina for the day and caused me to become very rude and surly later in the day.
4. Teams shouldn't of happened. We did not have the time or resources for it. Honestly if Tekken Tag 2 got our space, EVERY Tournament would of run better that day.
5. Ultra Arcade, from I saw is built to run FGC events very efficiently. The cabinet setup and the wall space work REALLY well with running multiple FGC games. It is not built to host smash tournaments though. We are an older, bulkier game that takes up a lot of space per setup and it just wasn't a good match at the moment. Unless that changes in the future, it's just not a good match for us and I probably won't use it in the future.
6. People were allowed to enter without a controller. This was a BYOC event and this should not have been allowed. This caused a lot of headaches in singles. I am making a rule of this in the future
7. Rules were not printed out and posted. This was mostly on me as the TO and I should of come prepared. I spent to much time explaining this to new players.
8. My new falcon hoody got it's sleeve soaked in beer when I left it in the side room. ****ers.

What went right:
1. The core smasher group was around and got there matches started promptly. Seriously, we would of been there until 4AM if I had to hunt people down the entire time. Thank you for sticking around the venue.
2. We did have a good turnout. 29 People entered singles and both SA and Austin showed up in force. Wish I could have given them a better tournament.
3. Challonge.com worked out fabulously and I will be using it for all my future events.

Rains of Castamere and any other SA event I help TO in the future(Which despite my grumblings will realistically happen again) will benefit from this knowledge moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom