• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Texas PR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
Shit tyrone, get it together.
Lol. Since when could players cuss on smashboards? Haven't seen anything uncensored here before.
On an unrelated note, were you the Fox? player I played at Forte next to Admiral? I'm a Link player if that helps you remember.

Damn S.O.S. must've been voted unanimously 1st to get 44 points.
How long til the next P:M PR is up?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Lol. Since when could players cuss on smashboards? Haven't seen anything uncensored here before.
On an unrelated note, were you the Fox? player I played at Forte next to Admiral? I'm a Link player if that helps you remember.

Damn S.O.S. must've been voted unanimously 1st to get 44 points.
How long til the next P:M PR is up?
yeah that's me (also bensor cypass is an old trick :3)

sorry i goofed around, i wanted to prepare admiral for fox stuff and i didn't want to just say no <_>

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
There legs are multi joint so, I mean, Yes? Probably have a more scientific name though. Stupid Bees.
It's the bees various knees

@Chris :.... Sorry.

Also, I hope it was said in my voice out loud, amoung several confused people who didn't understand why you said it but largely agreed with the sentiment.

Mew2Matteo

Smash Cadet
I'm looking for some melee or PM. Last time I played was the last time we played. Even if I get bodied it won't matter. I take any practice.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I can't help it if gore and I haven't played, I've gone to like every event except yours in the past few months.

Espys just poor lol. He'd attend everything if someone covered his entry fee.

Btw the list I submitted is drastically different than the current list and I went off 100% brackets/pools.

Mew2Matteo

Smash Cadet
Not sure how quickly SA Melee's FB group will re-add me, haha (I reset everything on my account). Either way, PM and let's see about playing. Hopefully there's some people that live near/between Fort Sam and Randolph.

Fear

Smash Journeyman
Yea SOS has been king of SA for awhile lol.

Redgamer comments like those make me wish i didn't stop playing : o . btw converse #1

Zhea

Smash Ace
Nike has been to more events than gore. Espy only went to one, but it took the secret boss of sa to beat him not once, not twice, but three times to finally put him out of bracket. In pm sosis the only one who has proved his better as he stomped across the former pr. The next ranking period will happen at the end of Feb. Also you all voted for a panelist. If it's biased, well, I warned you.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
i'm going to be rocking 1st place on both games until the end of time but Gore is my training partner and friend and he's pretty beast in his own right, just like Chris is decent and should be ranked higher then 10th.
Gore is madd legit and I'm no slouch.

comments like those make me wish i didn't stop playing : o .
I like to reignite fires within people. I am the hype train. scrubb.

Got a job. What happens next? :applejack:
pay period, then tournament.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok so this seem the most active Melee thread for San Antonio atm. On the other San Antonio thread that is mostly for Brawl I asked a few times about Melee stuff being hosted, mainly Fests, but always got the answe of at some person's apartment, I think Zhea's, but I have no idea where that is.

So I was wondering, is the like a set pattern for when Smashfests are held for Melee here in SA, and the address.

I don't care which Smash game I play as I like them all, I just miss playing with other people.

Also I should not that I don't have FB and have no plans or wants to get a FB, just felt I should mention that in case someone would tell me to look on FB or something.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Welp, I guess that means no Smash for me still then.

As I really really really do not want a FB account.

*sigh* Oh well. :/

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
He hosts like, 3 or 4 times a week. We use Facebook because the majority of people go there far more often. There is one other person who doesn't use Facebook, but he always seems to make it.

What I'm saying is, you can still play smash with everyone, but it's much easier on the host to post in the place where dozens of people will definitely see.

If i may ask, why so against making even a facebook smash account?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
He hosts like, 3 or 4 times a week. We use Facebook because the majority of people go there far more often. There is one other person who doesn't use Facebook, but he always seems to make it.

What I'm saying is, you can still play smash with everyone, but it's much easier on the host to post in the place where dozens of people will definitely see.

If i may ask, why so against making even a facebook smash account?
Oh I figured there were sound reasons for him primarily using FB for dates, sorry if I made it seem otherwise.

I just don't like FB, I don't know how else to put. All my brothers and sisters use it, I don't see what is so great about it. Along with LoL and a few other things I think it was one of the worst things to have been created.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Oh I figured there were sound reasons for him primarily using FB for dates, sorry if I made it seem otherwise.

I just don't like FB, I don't know how else to put. All my brothers and sisters use it, I don't see what is so great about it. Along with LoL and a few other things I think it was one of the worst things to have been created.
Zhea happens to like LoL and sometimes I catch him playing it before smashfests offically start.
I don't actually like facebook either. I had deactivated my account, but reactivated upon finding out about the smash groups on there.
Now, I use facebook only for smash events and wishing people happy birthdays (unless I can do it in person, then I do).
If it'll make it easier on everybody, I could update this thread for smashfest/events being held.
Smashfests are held on wednesday, friday, and saturday of almost every week.
If you want to know where they're being held, call zhea. if you want to know zhea's phone #, ask him for it here.
if you want practice from a janky falco, a balz deep falcon, and fraudulent everything else, let me know.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't mind or care if people play LoL or get on FB despite my hating both. But I do have an actual valid reason for hating LoL beyond just not liking it, but I'm not going to harp on someone if they play it.

It would make it easier on me, but that's probably the only person it would actually make it easier on. But I would greatly appreciate, just to get my butt kicked in Smash by people again. xD

I don't quite understand what you mean by the last line. >_<

And I guess while I'm at it, Zhea what is your phone number so I can ask you where Fests get held. Although I would feel more comfortable getting PMed the address instead, I feel so awkward on the phone for some reason. :C

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sorry Mim, but you need to get over it.

It's unfair to the host to have to inconvenience himself just for one guy who is just too stubborn to allow a streamlined process to be such. Either swallow your senseless pride and get a Facebook to become active with the Smash community in town, or take your business elsewhere.

Unless someone else is willing to continuously put up with having to specifically notify you, don't expect others to spoon feed you everything just because the information isn't set up to be the way you want it to be.

Like it or not, Facebook is an excellent foundation to set up fests and the like so that everybody else can see them in a neat and convenient manner. If the community chooses to use it as their main preference, which they have, then it''s on you to be active and involved.

:applejack:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
falco and falcon are pretty much the only characters that I can play on a serious level, and even then they need work.
You'd probably still kick my a** xD.

Sorry Mim, but you need to get over it.

It's unfair to the host to have to inconvenience himself just for one guy who is just too stubborn to allow a streamlined process to be such. Either swallow your senseless pride and get a Facebook to become active with the Smash community in town, or take your business elsewhere.

Unless someone else is willing to continuously put up with having to specifically notify you, don't expect others to spoon feed you everything just because the information isn't set up to be the way you want it to be.

:applejack:
I didn't ask to be spoon fed, sorry if I cam off that way. I didn't ask Zhea to change from using FB, I said it sucked for me, which it does, but I didn't ask for special treatment, and again if I somehow implied that I was then I apologize. Ii wasn't until Red Gamer mentioned that he might/would be willing to do it that I said I would appreciate it greatly, but I didn't ask for it and I didn't plan to because I knew it would be unfair but at the same time I'm not going to say no if someone offers to help me out.. But once again, if I came off like that to you and anyone else I apologize, that wasn't my intent.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Dang espy, you came off kinda hard. Although, I can agree with what you said. facebook is really good for organizing fests and such.
But I can also understand where mimgrim is coming from, and if it weren't for that tourney over a year ago I wouldn't have even known about smash groups on facebook, and I wouldn't still have facebook. For me, facebook is really useless for anything other than organizing fests.
which is why I would be willing to post on here if we have a smashfest.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
That did seem a little harsh. It's not wrong but strongly worded.

@ Zhea Zhea :maybe we can set something up to make it possible? Like An app that might Send a text , email and facebook message With one input?

Zhea

Smash Ace
As a side note If I'm streaming, there is a 99% chance I am hosting. Also I am glad Nike moved back. Fests at my place are occasionally a little too crowded for comfort.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Just make a fb lol. I didn't like FB either, but a brawl player named Paw made one for me, along with posing as me for a couple months.
I go to Yoshi University everyone.

Also I shall reign again as the only Yoshi main in TX for awhile. Just like Brawl.
I'd go to P:M tournaments but my problem is mostly rides. Oh oh, and LoL names? Most of the brawl scene plays and Nike said we should eventually do brawl vs Melee on League many months back. Think he brought it back up during his New years party.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Just make a fb lol. I didn't like FB either, but a brawl player named Paw made one for me, along with posing as me for a couple months.
I go to Yoshi University everyone.
Oh, I've already discussed stuff with Zhea in a PM. Due to the fact that he hosts Fests generally around 7pm I am unable to go, currently. My ride won't be willing to drive me at that time, so until I get a driver's licences and a job for gas money I can't go to stuff held later then like 3-4 pm. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom