• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Nike.

Smash Hero
Nikes Pearl Nuzlocke Challenge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Chapter 3: Is this feeling... hope?

Pokemon| Name | Level | Moves
| Tank | 21 | Pound, Metal Claw, Bubble, Peck
| Cassie | 18 | HP Ground, Double Team, Quick Attack, Wing Attack
| Mootopia | 19 | Magnitude, Rock Throw, Rock Smash, Rock Polish
| Megabro | 18 | Water Gun, Quick Attack, Pursuit, Swift
| Starburst| 19 | Psywave, Atonish, Growl, Confuse Ray
| Larry | 6 | Leech Life, Supersonic

I quickly learned how valuable Cheryl was when it came to grinding levels for everyone. Everything was a double battle, Chansey did good damage, and she heals the team after every fight. Everyone quickly got to level 20 (Tank thought it was cute to kill a Kricketune while he was level 20. Gained an absurd amount of experience which resulted to being level 21).

After clearing the top half of Route 205, I reach Eterna City. Cynthia gave me HM 01 (Cut). From here I decide to check Route 211 for my next prize.

Interesting. 55% chance I'll find something new, including the first available fire type. There's more chances to find Ponyta though. Hoothoot appeared and I was very happy. Another peck will be extremely valuable against the coming gym leader battle and half of my current team is weak to grass. Because Hoothoot's eyes are so big and borderline creepy, Jopan quickly came to mind.

After that, the grind was on.

| Tank | 21 | Pound, Metal Claw, Bubble, Peck
| Cassie | 21 | HP Ground, Double Team, Quick Attack, Wing Attack
| Mootopia | 20 | Magnitude, Rock Throw, Rock Smash, Rock Polish
| Megabro | 20 | Water Gun, Quick Attack, Pursuit, Swift
| Starburst| 20 | Psywave, Atonish, Growl, Confuse Ray
| Jopan | 20 | Peck, Reflect, Hypnosis, Growl

Jopan grew up quick :3

Gardenia was actually pretty easy. There was only one brief scare. Down to her Roserade, she used a Magical Leaf on Cassie that crit hit. Cassie had 4 HP and was QUICKLY substituted for Jopan who finished the battle. What was AWESOME was the Grass Knot I received from Gardenka. It turns out Tank was able to learn it. I decided to hold onto it though, in case I catch something in the future that can make better use of it.

After healing up, it's time to storm the Galactic Building and... oh crap. I gotta teach someone cut. Guess Megabro's gonna draw the short straw this ti- WHAT?!?!? He can't learn it?!? I have to see who can, then. Dear god, Tank's the only one who can learn it???? I teased the hope that Larry would learn it from the PC but of course I was fooling myself.

Poor Tank. He didn't take it well. The rest of the team was nearly in tears from laughing as he pleaded his case.

Mootopia was literally toying with the Galactic failures. I saved this guy from terrorists and he gives me a bike of all things. He also mentioned something about Clefaries coming from out of space. Cute, but they still suck.

Before going to Cycling Road, I try to catch my next prize of out Mt. Coronet.

Man, I really want another shot at Machop.

A wild Meditite appeared!

Well, I can live with that. Someone new anyway. I don't think I've ever used him before in Pokemon so this could be a good experience for me. I looked up Medichams stats/movepool and... oh.

I get him to a little under half HP, put him to sleep, and send out Larry to get a Leech Life or two so that I can ensure the catch. However:

Wild Meditite woke up!
Meditite used Confusion!
It's super effective!
Larry fainted!

Oh yea. He has that move.

The rest of the team saw my horrific call that cost the life of a comrade.

I ended up confusing Meditite to get her pecent low enough to catch her. I named her Chichi because she annoys me to death. Nonetheless, she does provide a new movepool so she will be part of the team in place of Megabro. Tank approved of the switch and gave Megabro a look of pure evil.

It was time to take on Cycling Road. The first opponent sent out a Starlia. I figured the road would be a good time to level up Jopan, but because nearly everyone else had electirc types, I had to keep switching out to Mootopia. Chichi was holding the Exp. Share so she got to level 15 quick. After reaching the end of the route, it was time to check the next area for a potential gold mine.

How dope would it be to get a Ponyta or Bronzor? 55% chance for either. I prayed to the nuzlocke gods.

A wild Ponyta appeared!

Dear god, I'm not used to this kind of luck. Are these the feelings of hope? Jopan made quick work with Peck and Hypnosis and she was caught with the first poke ball. She was knighted, henceforth known as Emberly. I made the quick journey back to the poke center and claimed my new prize. Jopan was looking kinda weak and I already had another normal/flying type so he tagged out. She had a Naughty nature, which was extremely daring (+ Attack, - Sp. Def). In normal runs this is awesome, but she has a lot of weaknesses and losing extra defenses will hurt. Still, she's immediately become a favorite. I think I'll be using her instead of my bike from now on.

I made the journey back to Route 207. Dawn appeared and gave me a VS Seeker and Dowsing Machine, both of which could prove to be useful later on. Sadly, I recognize the mud ramp which means this is the same place where that effing Machop escaped me earlier. Also, around here Tank was starting to piss me off. He's hit level 22 and STILL hasn't learned any water moves outside of Bubble. We're about to enter Mt. Coronet and I was hoping for a Water Gun or something by now. I'm almost at the point of benching him for Megabro.

Mt. Coronet was another area where I've already been to. Of course, I see nothing but Machop and Cleffa inside, taunting me. The lead Galactic guy appeared and spoke like he was high. Came out on the other side to Route 208. After a few trainer battles, it was time.

While a Machop would be amazing and Psyduck could make a good backup in the PC... surely I'm due for another beaver as this point. There's no way my luck can last.

A wild Psyduck appeared!

Wow. I made an easy catch and named her Derp. Now I have two water backups and at the rate Tank is fighting, I may need them. Regardless, I entered Hearthome City full of confidence. There's nothing that can stop me.

| Tank | 23 | Cut, Metal Claw, Bubble, Peck
| Cassie | 22 | HP Ground, Double Team, Quick Attack, Wing Attack
| Mootopia | 22 | Magnitude, Rock Throw, Rock Smash, Rock Polish
| Emberly | 18 | Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip, Ember
| Starburst| 21 | Psywave, Atonish, Growl, Confuse Ray
| Chichi | 15 | Hidden Power, Meditate, Confusion, Detect

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ladies and gents! Xyro here. Online pre-registration cut-off for the Official TGC event #2 is exactly 11 days away (TGC is 12 days away btw) and so if you plan on attending, please click the link below to purchase your venue pass AND 1vs1 pass online (please include your gamer tag in the box or as part of your real name). Pre-registering for this online guarantees that will have a seeded spot in pools/bracket. This will also allow me to post pools/brackets ahead of time to allow players a chance to see who they will fight before they walk in the door. If you do not pre-reg you won't know who you will fight ahead of time and I will just throw you into a pool/bracket at random when you sign up at the door. Remember, online pre-reg isnt mandatory but it is highly recommended. You can register at the door.

Can we beat the previous record of 209 Smash 4 1vs1 entrants that was set at TGC 1? Could we possibly do 250 this time around? Share this post on your wall and tell your friends to sign up ASAP. Let's prove once again that Houston is THE place to play Smash 4 with another recording breaking turnout!

Also, dont forget about the Mewtwo/DuckHunt challenge on post #26 on the SmashBoards page!

Edit: Make sure to read the rules. Many things have changed since TGC 1.

SWF Tournament Page
www.smashboards.com/threads/apr-25-2015-the-official-tgc-event-2-houston-tx-see-post-26-for-mewtwo-duckhunt-challenge.394551/

FB Event Page
https://www.facebook.com/events/623049984505771/

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Aria's probably not in yet because the name's been entered once has the full name and once as the short one. :applejack:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Ah, you were in the rankings. I guess I just didn't spot it.

RANK | TAG | RATING
1 | Megafox | 2001
2 | SnorlaxPie500 | 1800
3 | K Prime | 1785
4 | Espy | 1783
5 | Slush | 1729
6 | Jbandrew | 1728
7 | Paw | 1716
8 | Sylveon | 1708
9 | Incendiary | 1708
10 | Jopan | 1703
===|===|===
11 | Castro | 1698
12 | Valdens | 1675
13 | HeroMystic | 1669
14 | FunCrazyFish | 1651
15 | Mindless | 1631
16 | Enigma | 1630
17 | Shade | 1629
18 | Donte | 1625
19 | Culix | 1624
20 | Clos3 | 1618
21 | Shlike | 1614
21 | Basedgod | 1614
23 | Few Chainz | 1611
24 | Whiteout | 1607
25 | KoN | 1606
26 | Aria | 1603
27 | Neo | 1600
27 | Lamp | 1600
29 | Lan | 1599
29 | Kyro | 1599
29 | Chewy | 1599
32 | Kev | 1596
33 | Overdrive | 1595
34 | Geoberos | 1590
34 | Chazz | 1590
34 | RIP | 1590
37 | Iam | 1589
38 | Babybwake | 1588
39 | KM | 1583
40 | Volume | 1582
41 | Ruen | 1580
41 | Zook | 1580
41 | Suspect | 1580
44 | IconXIII | 1579
45 | ScootyPuff Jr. | 1578
46 | JNasty | 1577
46 | Azure | 1577
48 | Winds | 1571
49 | Bishop | 1569
49 | Psychoward | 1569
51 | Scalene Dred | 1567
52 | El Cancel | 1566
53 | Vitamin | 1563
53 | Applepoe | 1563
55 | Speedy | 1556
56 | Zeta | 1550
57 | LTC | 1544
58 | inTOXIC | 1541
59 | NinjaFish60 | 1538
60 | CCCM | 1534
61 | Haijynx | 1532
62 | Crashman | 1518
62 | Jaredgcom | 1518
64 | Mondy | 1497
65 | Gtimes | 1484
:applejack:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Nikes Pearl Nuzlocke Challenge
Chapter 4: The Road to Veilstone

| Tank | 23 | Cut, Metal Claw, Bubble, Peck
| Cassie | 22 | HP Ground, Double Team, Quick Attack, Wing Attack
| Mootopia | 22 | Magnitude, Rock Throw, Rock Smash, Rock Polish
| Emberly | 18 | Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip, Ember
| Starburst| 21 | Psywave, Atonish, Growl, Confuse Ray

Among the pokemon that will be available in the following areas include:
  • Happiny
  • Bonsly (meh)
  • Gastly
  • Abra
  • Kadabra
After healing up in Hearthome City, I ran back where I caught Derp to grab a couple items. A wild Psyduck appeared and Mootopia was first in line. I had a major level advantage and just decided to run away.

Can't escape!
Wild Psyduck used Water Gun!
It's super effective!
Mootopia fainted!

I lost her for some berries and honey.

Dumping her rock body into the PC abyss wasn't easy. We all had a moment of silence.

After that, there was a to-do list. I received an egg from a hiker. It will eventually evolve into a Happiny. I pray that I won't ever need it, but it does provide good security in the PC. Because I previously caught a Psyduck, I was allowed entry into the Amity Square. Sweet. While I received a few TM's (including Secret Power), I also found the coveted Amulet Coin. I will definitely need money in the future.

My last order of business was to find my whor* of a mom at the pokemon contest thing. I had always known that dad went missing when I was young because he also did a nuzlocke challenge and failed. I'd like to assume that she was the reason he even did it. Anyway, she gave me a tux. I'm sure that it'll come in handy for my adventures.

From here, I make my way to Route 209. Xyro was waiting for me there, but he provided no trouble. After healing up, It was time to claim another prize.

I want Gastly, so I entered the route at night. The chances are low, but it's worth the risk. If I don't get him, anything but Bibarel or Zubat would work. Even a Starly replacement in the PC would do.

A wild Zubat appeared.

Okay, I feel like I deserve this. It was a female. I named her Git Gud. From here I felt it was time to teach Grass Knot to Tank. I can no longer afford to take chances and there's fishermen up ahead. The first one... oh, he gave me a Good Rod. Good. There are many towns that I need to go visit again to go fishing. Plowing through the rest of the Route was pretty easy.

I reach Solaceon Town. Before doing anything though, I heal and head back for the Lost Tower that I passed up. It's time to catch one of the best glass cannons available, Gastly.

While percentages change on each floor, I decide that the 5th and top floor maximizes my chances. If I can't find a Gastly, maybe a Golbat will pop up. I put my highest level pokemon in front, Cassie. With 6 Repels in my bag, I make the climb up the stairs. I should be able to not see any wild pokemon. The trainers here were easy enough to fight through and there was a decent amount of items. I reach the 5th floor. It's time. I switch Jopan out front since he has Hypnosis. I start running to use up the repel and a wild battle immediately triggers. WHAT?!? My repels still up. This doesn't make... oh no. Jopan is only level 21. Anything higher than that will still show up. That could only mean-

A wild Golbat appeared!

Eff man! All of that work and I get another freakin bat. At least this one's evolved and at a high level. Maybe he's the second coming of Larry and is destined to play a major role in this story. I name him Vengence. I made a quick run to Solaceon Ruins to catch an Unknown. It's the only thing available there, which I named Kay. Tank grew to level 24 and FINALLY learned another water move, Bubblebeam. I think he's secured his position for now.

Route 210 was next.

ANYTHING but a Kricketune would be nice. A Geodude replacement, Ponyta back-up in the PC, a meh Bonsely, or Chansey are all okay. Just please no Kricket.

A wild Geodude appeared!

Sweet. I need to not screw this up. He hits hella hard. I had to use Super Potion on Starburst.

The wild Geodude used Selfdestruct!
It doesn't affect Starburst.
Wild Geodude fainted!

Geez. At least Starburst was out and didn't die from that. Anyway, there's only 2 routes left before reaching Veilstone. I always liked this part, though. The way the routes are designed with the weather is pretty cool. After clearing the rest of the route, it was on to the rainy Route 215.

Alright, I get a shot at Abra/Kadabra now with Jopan knowing Hypnosis. Let's do this.

A wild Ponyta appeared!

What the hell? WHY ARE YOU IN THE RAIN, YOU STUPID HORSE?!? YOUR MADE OF FIRE!! I named him Stupid because he is stupid. Oh the bright side, now I have 2 fire types. The rest of the route was okay, until I got to the end where a double battle happened. They have 4 pokemon total and out of nowhere they send out a Gyarados! He used Thrash on Tank and it nearly kills him. The last pokemon is a Kadabra and he gets a confusion off Tank that also confuses him and another on Cassie that puts her in the red. I barely escaped, but wow that was not a fun battle at all. Veilstone City awaited me on the other side.

| Tank | 25 | Cut, Grass Knot, Bubblebeam, Peck
| Cassie | 24 | HP Ground, Double Team, Quick Attack, Wing Attack
| Emberly | 25 | Stomp, Fire Spin, Tail Whip, Ember
| Starburst| 25 | Psybeam, Atonish, Growl, Confuse Ray
| Jopan | 22 | Peck, Reflect, Hypnosis, Confusion

There will be blood.​

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Got 2 or pre ordered?
I wanna buy another.

I'm bad with street names, is it the gamestop near us Nike or did you have to drive a fair distance?

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Btw, tonights the last night of the NBA season and there's alot of seeds in the west still unconfirmed. If the Spurs beat the Pelicans tonight, they get the 2 seed and Pelicans don't make it into the playoffs. If the Pelicans win, they get into the playoffs and Spurs are the 6th seed. Very big game for both teams.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Houston also has to win with a spurs loss.

Utah is good at beating top teams, im expecting both houston and spurs to lose. especially is dwight is resting again...gobert will eat them up

Nike.

Smash Hero
I think the Spurs are going to lose too. You should check spurstalk, there trolling the **** out of a pelicans forum right now.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I think the Spurs are going to lose too. You should check spurstalk, there trolling the **** out of a pelicans forum right now.
ask your dad whats the odds looking like for that game. I want to make a bet but I dont get to vegas until tomorrow afternoon

Top Bottom