• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Andrew add me to the front page ID BOB-O-LOUIE I'm also changing my tag to LOU. No main yet. Best character mario but don't plan on maining him. Also I'm gonna be on for a bit if anyone wants to play. Take it easy I didn't have the 3ds so I'm still green or **** me idc.

Last edited:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
@ Suspect Suspect gave me a great Idea. The game has been out 4 days and I haven't even dropped a combo video yet?!?

How am I supposed to maintain this noob archetype if the game is almost a week old and I haven't made a combo video with Linkin Park background music? I need to get to work.

Btw Espy, my Nintendo ID is SnorlaxPie500 ( I'm so glad the name was still available) and I think my new main will be Diddy Kong.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Relieved to know that there isn't 499 others of you.
Well I can't call myself SA's Diddy Main anymore and now have to settle with SA's Worst Diddy Main.
Naw **** that, Title Match, let's go.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
You took Green Sheik from me, it's only fitting that more character matches are needed.
It's gotta be down like Pacquiao.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Unfortunate Diddy became Dthrow into everything the character and is now the best in the game with Sonic behind him. Now we'll be seeing those two running more rampant than usual.
No pun intended.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
the banana nerf isn't even an actual nerf.

plus he can combo banana into up b for a kill for absolutely no reason at all

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Late shoutouts from tourney/weekend:

Ggs to everyone I played this weekend and thanks for the invites to play with y'all. A lot of y'all are really chill and easy to hang out with and it's been a while since I've been able to do that outside of a bar/club.
Thanks! :143:

P.s. Lolz diddy goes under battlefield.

babybwake

Smash Cadet
NNID
babybwake
Anyone up for some games?! I could really use some practice with a controller ._.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
sonics that good? lol
He's good, but Slush thinks he's amazing since he was getting KO'd by bthrow in 8 player Smash at around 80%.

Nevermind that he wasn't DIing proper, and that the blastzones for 8 player are pretty close from the ledge. Or that it was 8 player Smash. :applejack:

Updated the first post with Lou and SP's info.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What direction were you DIing then?

Kill moves don't matter if you have very little strings to lead into them, or if they're not fast. Uair KOs off of the top and spin > bair are the only things Sonic has going for him for the former, while everything else is pretty much raw from neutral. DI also makes the former much harder to land than in the 3DS version as well.

:applejack:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Sup?

Sonic is a bit silly. Just all his options are overtuned, imo - on top of being basically the same disgusting character he was in Brawl (in terms of timing out/camping/etc). I don't know about Sakurai actually making many design changes to a character through patches (well Ike's fair got changed a bit) because otherwise I don't even think a sledgehammer to his numbers would be enough, I almost wish he was deleted. It's unlike Diddy where it's just some combination of uair/dthrow being too good.

I don't like that Sonic has practically two kill throws, I don't like that Sonic's spot dodges and rolls are in the top caste. I don't like a lot of things about this character because he's forcing reactionless play with little punishment windows and with a pretty great deal of reward. In brawl, practically the only way to beat that was to never fall behind against him, now his numbers are significantly overskewed enough to reliably find himself in the lead anyway. MEH.

It's kinda torturous fighting against this character in tournament. It's definitely reminiscent of early days of Meta Knight just cheesing with down smash and shuttle loop.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
What direction were you DIing then?
Tried towards the stage and Up, certainly not to the blast zone. What I was basically saying during the weekend whenever it happened is a heavy (104 weight) character like Yoshi shouldn't be dying at (happened on regular stages too cause we mostly done 2v2 during the weekend when I was there at least) 80% regardless of being at the ledge when the throw happened.

I can maybe get over ganon fair killing me from middle of stage when I was around 60% while he's around 85-120, but a Bthrow on Sonic Villager and many other characters that also have killing Bthrows now (not including ness cause he still has it) is silly.

Sonic is a bit silly. Just all his options are overtuned, imo - on top of being basically the same disgusting character he was in Brawl (in terms of timing out/camping/etc).

I don't like that Sonic has practically two kill throws, I don't like that Sonic's spot dodges and rolls are in the top caste. I don't like a lot of things about this character because he's forcing reactionless play with little punishment windows and with a pretty great deal of reward. In brawl, practically the only way to beat that was to never fall behind against him, now his numbers are significantly overskewed enough to reliably find himself in the lead anyway. MEH.
Urg.

http://smashboards.com/threads/yoshis-match-ups.371672/page-2#post-18053975

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I definitely do not like how Rage + Kill throws = almost like I'm fighting against Ice Climbers in Brawl game play :<

But eh, heavy characters should/those who can kill early (so before those characters can get rage on them) are likely able to find advantages as the meta develops.

Last edited:

CCCM89

Smash Ace
Anyone up for some games?! I could really use some practice with a controller ._.
if you can connect to smash 4 3ds from smash 4 wii u, then I'll play you. I have some people I want to practice with. if not, then I hope you find a decent japanese guy in for glory who doesn't just leave after the first match/the first match he gets a lucky win from.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah, I can understand there being a few character designs that would still be overbearing for him porting from Brawl. But it being another one of those widely considered overtuned characters isn't the best of arguments :p

Especially when you have kill throws and Sonic's ground speed.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Where's the Lucarios you even playing against though? :p

ONE bad match up doesn't compensate for being a jerk to 49 others.

Let's just replace your words with

"Has uptilt. Doesn't matter :snake:" - Meta Knight players in 08

Last edited:

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Sup?

Sonic is a bit silly. Just all his options are overtuned, imo - on top of being basically the same disgusting character he was in Brawl (in terms of timing out/camping/etc). I don't know about Sakurai actually making many design changes to a character through patches (well Ike's fair got changed a bit) because otherwise I don't even think a sledgehammer to his numbers would be enough, I almost wish he was deleted. It's unlike Diddy where it's just some combination of uair/dthrow being too good.

It's kinda torturous fighting against this character in tournament. It's definitely reminiscent of early days of Meta Knight just cheesing with down smash and shuttle loop.

Sonic sound awesome. Espy teach me.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Where's the Lucarios you even playing against though? :p

ONE bad match up doesn't compensate for being a jerk to 49 others.

Let's just replace your words with

"Has uptilt. Doesn't matter :snake:" - Meta Knight players in 08
Snake didn't invalidate 37 other characters. :applejack:

Last edited:

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Any chance I can be added to the front page?

Id prefer to go with Peel for my name just to keep it simple. I created a new account with that name awhile ago, but I don't have priveleges to post from it (not sure how that works). My NNID is peels-network-id, and phone 210-331-3396. My main is going to be wario for better or worse, I just like his style.

Nice meeting you at the tourney snorlax, congrats on the win. Wish I could have stayed for the whole thing.

If anyone else lives in north San Antonio and are looking for home games let me know. Also, I work mostly overnights near 410 on the west part of town. So, I could go to games during the week until like 1am over there if anyone likes playing late. I can play online also, but my connection can be hit or miss.

Top Bottom