• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I am curious, of the people who have bought the new pokemon games, how far in have you gotten?

Well you should already know I bought it. As for where I'm at; I'm about to challenge the Elite 4 with a team of Chesnaught, Charizard/Megazard X, Aegislash, Clawitzer, Xernas, and Heliolisk.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I am still on the 4th badge, at the town with the 5th gym, I keep getting side tracked by boutiques ;___;

Also, my team is Greninja <333, Pangoro, female Meowstic, Sylveon, and Snorlax.
I haven't decided on a 6th yet, I have been trying them out and they all seem kinda lame.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
a few of the newer ones are decent. I've got Greninja, Hawlucha, Floette, Doublade, Kankaskhan, and ...that Rock Ice fossil pokemon what I can't remember the name of. so far it's a decent team. the floette is more of a grass type in duisguise, but it's got some nice healing utility, like Grassy Terain, which is a wheather move that heals everyone on the field 1/16th of their health per turn. still haven't gotten any good fairy type moves from it though...

EDIT: That said, go with a Skrelp for your 6th. decent eventual poison/dragon. I'm assuming it's this generation's Gyarados.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I was thinking about that, might add him.

Also, had some creepy pasta **** happen to me last night.
Has anyone encountered the creepy ass girl in one of the buildings in Lumiose town?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I was thinking about that, might add him.

Also, had some creepy pasta **** happen to me last night.
Has anyone encountered the creepy *** girl in one of the buildings in Lumiose town?

I've heard about that. Unfourtantly I didn't do much exploring in Lumiose City because I hated the god awful control in it. However now that I'm at post game and usually do my exploring of places at post game anyway I plan on exploring Lumiose city eventually, after I catch allot of Pokemon and go on a breeding spree anyway xD.

Suspect

Smash Hero
This generation is too easy. You can re-use TMs, all pokemon who participate in battle receive the same EXP you would receive if one pokemon was just in battle, all kinds of free pokemon, o-power, exp-share works on all pokemon, GTS, etc. Granted you dont have to use them but damn.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
This generation is too easy. You can re-use TMs, all pokemon who participate in battle receive the same EXP you would receive if one pokemon was just in battle, all kinds of free pokemon, o-power, exp-share works on all pokemon, GTS, etc. Granted you dont have to use them but damn.

Competitive Pokemon makes all that moot. :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You call it easier. I call it a time saver.
Pokemon was never hard. Ever. Just time consuming. I applaud the new generations for saving me as much time as possible doing all of the tedious bull like grinding Pokemon, hunting and buying multiple TMs, and having to (if done legit) hunt for someone who had a rare Pokemon to trade.

That kind of crap was a pain in the ass back then. It took me an entire year from the start of my Red version until I found another kid at my school who actually had a goddamn game link cable and a Haunter, Magmar, and Vulpix.

:applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sucks that there's so little, but with all the Mega evolutions, an entire 3D game, and having to make 3D models for ~718 Pokemon or so, as well as an entire new region and all, I can excuse them this one time for making so few. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Probably less pokemon cause I think they kinda rushed it and Pokemon Z might have 5 or so new ones, while X/Y still are gonna give more megas and event legendaries later on.

Shinies are a lot more common with Masuda Method. Not just horde battles making the chances better you can chalk up on the list.

Also, they wouldn't purposely make one of the weakest yet decent alienish pokemon design without giving it the kyurem treatment in the next game or two.... right?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I want to know why there is so little new pokemon.
To be fair they had to remodel all of the other Pokemon into 3D from sprites which is a hell of a lot more work then just sprites only 69 new Pokemon make a lot of sense. Thankfully the 69 new Pokemon are of good quality, at least to me, and quality > quantity. Plus there are possible event legends we will probably get later, at the very least a pixie legendary, and will get added to the dex after Zygrade.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Probably less pokemon cause I think they kinda rushed it and Pokemon Z might have 5 or so new ones, while X/Y still are gonna give more megas and event legendaries later on.
I doubt there will be any new Pokemon in Z, not counting alternate forms, due to trading issues with XY if Z did that. :/

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Anyways, cresselia mite be available post game along with heatran since screenshot for cress popped up while heatran is mentioned in a lava dome or something.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Did yall guys see that smash bros documentary? Was pretty good just long as ****. Also who here can down load the new project m for me the one with mewtwo.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
No I haven't seen it. But if what I read a day or two ago was correct, Montecristo who does league commentary during tournaments was involved in it I think.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
huh, mewtwo in project M? I forget, did project M change how air dodges work back to what they were in melee, or was that another brawl mod? Either way, I wouldn't mind playing Mewtwo again.

Valdens

Smash Ace
So, my carpool is also leaving Saturday morning and I only have a hotel for Saturday night now. If anyone wants to be in a non-full car or less populated hotel room let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom