• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I met some kid at a car inspection jerk you off while stealing your money place, he was about maybe 10 or so, I saw him watching a melee young link break the targets record vid, asked if he liked smash, brawl, who he mains... sonic... of course. LOL his dad ike, told him about the boards and hopefully he posts. HI KID! I'm that creepy 24 year old that talks to kids about videogames.
Hrmmm a kide has a dad named Ike? Interesting, is it Ike the president or Ike the Fire Emblem lord who fights for his friends?

Tesh

Smash Hero
no reason not to have the tournament, if the turnout is low, make it round robin (This should always be done whenever possible)

edit: also everyone bring your 3ds please

Tesh

Smash Hero
yall looking? I can get you one for only 150, brand new

otherwise yall should try kmart if you have some in your city

kmart, frys and sears are selling the old 3ds models for CHEAP, just because the box was shaped bigger back then.

now is probably the cheapest you wll ever get a new 3ds

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Sure wish companies would stop overlooking my job applications.
Then I can start buying high-end entertainment.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
That was pretty much the plan Tesh.
Although, assuming things go according to plan, *even with* CCM and Slush not entering, we should still have a minimum of around 16 attendants. Should that be the case we'd be doing regular old double elimination.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
If I beat suspect in the money match ill enter. If not ill do a slush and just prep for whobo by not practicing, in which case I should be the best play in the world by now.

Suspect

Smash Hero
im not going early enough for that to have a chance of even happening, which reminds me...how much do you want to play for and what rules?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If I beat suspect in the money match ill enter. If not ill do a slush and just prep for whobo by not practicing, in which case I should be the best play in the world by now.
It's a Slush thing?
Itonlyhappenedonce

Not practicing and beating Nike + Paw at Blondie's Woodlawn tournament. I guess almost taking Sky Pirate to Game 3, I still don't understand why that was so hyped lol.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So after a month of not having the place to myself.
I can do stuph again. I think Zero called me around 1 or 2 am a couple days ago when I was asleep asking if I could house some people for the tournament this weekend?
Who're the people and who can give me a ride.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I wish I could say the combat is deeper than just mashing buttons, but it's not.

It looks nice and has good music but that's about it.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
its not like FF Tactics or anything. Play it and you'll see what I mean.
I own the game. lol

It's more then just mashing buttons, at least the way I play it. Attacks are mapped simplisticly with just A and A+D-pad. However once you get one attack going you want to make sure to keep the enemy from touching the ground and you espically want to time it right to where you can land critical hits. The only problem with the game is that it is way to easy (not a gameover yet for me and I'm at like chapter 23 or so) and some of the chapters are way to long for how easy it is.But yea it is more then just button mashing if you are trying to time critical hits to kill enemies in one shot without wasting your strongest attack lol.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
that's...just button mashing. It's simple as **** and dragged out for no reason.

plz play super robot taisen and tell me that project x zone isn't just mashing in comparison.

Suspect

Smash Hero
mimgrim

stop reaching

I button mashed in a game that let me do so. Wasnt the best way to play it but worked.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
the sad part is it's viable for the actual game and wouldn't even make much of a difference. The only thing is if you do an attack for each direction you get an extra attack, that's about as deep as it gets, doesn't even have cancels.

Tesh

Smash Hero
that sounds fun, i'd do it if it were like a low tier or mid tier crew battle

Tesh

Smash Hero
i dont know the whole story though, what exactly are you doing? a bo5 set or an iron man challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom