• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Oh my bad, Dark Shifter. I guess you haven't realized I'm from way out of town :x I do want to play though, so if I wasn't 3 hours away, I'd go... and I don't eat burgers :B

$5, Nike..

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
oh... darn. well looks like ill be having burgers for dinner then :) well if you ever do want to make the drive out, ill provide with food and housing for a couple of days :)

PROTEIN!

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'll keep that in mind. Go to San Japan the week after WHOBO and we can play there :]

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
San Japan's actually getting pretty close. I forgot all about it to be honest, especially since WHOBO is the weekend before it. :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII1KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEE!

l

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Also, San Antonio, WHERE YOU AT?!
Moneylessan, Car Ridelessan, Carelessan, Hostlessan.

Alright not being silly, Most of us don't have money. The people who usually want rides are the ones with money but than the people who are the ones that provide rides usually don't play brawl all that much anymore, no money, or just busy with other things.

Caring less is mostly how almost 90% of the core group of SA started playing LoL instead of Brawl, that and been playing the game for almost 4 years now and our scene is growing smaller.

Hostless cause, at the time, we had Nike host a tournament and smashfest almost every week or two. He was busy with a job but he lost that. Not sure what's been going on since then, but we thankfully have Blondie trying to be of assistance with his tournaments and Smashfests.
I'm kinda trying with smashfests at least every now and then.

We were pretty damn active in 2010 with JUJ Kyle Nike Espy Paw Tofer Beros etc. hosting tournaments/smashfests (we even had 7 straight tournaments during that fall/winter...) but I think around the start of the LSC circuit, JUJ's disappearance with real life problems, and Kyle not caring much for brawl anymore being the death of us. Than this year we've had... Hrm...

Some $1 tournament at Big Boss's house around February, Woodlawn Smash 1 in March, Mizumi Con 5 on the 31st of March I believe, than a tournament where most people were hung over and wanted to troll the top 5 thread by going all pit.

Then Woodlawn Smash 2 in April and now these weeklies, so since January after APEX... SA's core group used quite a bit of money on that and we've had only... 6 or so tournaments since then.

So yeah again... uninterested with brawl, busy with life, money issues, or just unable to attend tournaments for the people who usually have money.

I feel like I'm leaving out alot more than just all this... Oh well don't feel like thinking too hard.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If it makes you quintuplet ****ers feel better, I'll maybe host a smashfest later today or tomorrow since I don't think I'll be invaded by my brother/family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom