• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bɪɢ Bоѕѕ

Smash Apprentice
MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE TWOOOOOOO!

Slam dunk.

@Leaf: I'd rather die in a fire than "party up" with a brony to feed trolls.

@Rei-Gun: That PR is definitely... colorful. :troll:

Trela

Smash Lord
I just learned yesterday that my dad will be starting his new job in January, so this means that I will be moving over here to SA once he starts it. We still haven't figured out where exactly we're going to be living, but we're suggesting the idea that we rent out a relative's place for a while until we manage to sell this big house of ours.

It looks like I'll be one of you guys shortly after Apex :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Why after Apex? No one from SA is going sans Nike (maybe), and the Meta Knight ban only affects one player in our entire city in a negative way. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Thought Big Boss was quitting after APEX, I think I got it mixed up with the Championships.
And i'm possibly gonna go to APEX. Yushee meet up and need more national practice.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'll probably work on the first post and what's going down sometime later today. I have very little to do after 3PM, but I have class starting at 2.

Too tired right now, gonna go nap. :applejack:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Dunno, but the latter half of this year hasn't been kind to our schedules

=

Saturday times though
I think I'm probably blowing off a Sabrina's party for hosting a smashfest
It's the weekend before my birthday, so imma be a selfish *****

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Hopefully you get here before SA's scene keels over. :applejack:
Just throwing this in there, there's always the option of merging SA and Austin and holding occasional fests in San Marcos if it gets too bad.
I don't think either city is going to die after Apex, though.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Tofer, I'm not confident the whole thing would end up working out. In my honest opinion, it's a REALLY big longshot, and I'm not entirely sure I'd want to go through with it, because I've never really had the real opportunity, but it would be cool.

Bɪɢ Bоѕѕ

Smash Apprentice
@Nike & Espy: Should I go ahead with the graphic for the SAPR? LoL theme for our top 5? Lemme know asap.

My monthlies are supposed to help keep the scene alive, but there's a chance it won't I guess.

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That better not happen.

I really REALLY could be moving to San Antonio about that time.
You guys could be getting the best driver ever.
We already have four drivers. :p

@Nike & Espy: Should I go ahead with the graphic for the SAPR? LoL theme for our top 5? Lemme know asap.

My monthlies are supposed to help keep the scene alive, but there's a chance it won't I guess.

:phone:
Only one way to find out.
And really, it's not that the scene is keeling over in and of itself, it's just become so focused on the core group of players that our numbers are dropping from those outside of the group.

Espy, Nike, Megafox, K Prime, Paw, Tofer, Maan, Beros, Slush, KoN, Big Boss, and Zero are our core. Then we have those who hang out with the community from time to time like Suspect, Pyledriver, and 610, and we've lost quite a few once-consistent players (LuWiigi, Jrugs, Morninstar, Ethan, Panda, Toxik) in the past.

I'm totally fine with the core group myself, and the scene can certainly thrive as long as we're all continuously active, but it'd definitely be nice to get a few new faces around.

We'll have Trela, and maybe Leaf, but that's about it. :applejack:

@BigBoss: Go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom