• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Oh, k. It was the way you worded it, that's all. lol

Besides, there's plenty of shooters in the same vein as SOCOM that are still popular. It's just... they're not as big.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Max10n, there's a buncha sports guys on campus, and my cousins sell their souls to the shooter genre.
I've played plenty of the mainstream content.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I said plenty in the same vein as SOCOM. That means, by it's nature: Not mainstream. lol

Besides, the closest thing I'd played to SOCOM recently was the new Medal of Honor.

I'm not talking about controls Espy, I'm talking about the feel and difficulty of the games.

AND **** MELEE.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
This is more love than Sony's gotten in years from an internet site. They should give us all free stuff.

CY

Smash Ace
I think you're blowing it out of proportion, CY. The top 10 or so spots on the clan ladder was just a bunch of cheat teams, as was the top 100 or so single players, but after that point, teams were pretty legit from my experiences. I **** bricks when I fought my first legitimate admiral.

And from watching the trailers, I got the opposite impression. I actually got excited.
I just need to play it for myself.

Oh, and I'd rather blame a combination of games for what shooters have become today.
lol nah after a few months, people found ways to cheat and get ridiculous scores so they would be on top of the online ladders. These people obviously aren't good at all so it proves nothing at all. Also after a few months rankings didn't mean much either. Not only because people started just playing in r^ (rank up) rooms but because it's honestly pretty easy to get Admiral if you just play somewhat a lot. atleast the top 500+(AT LEAST, I'm being very generous here) all played in rank up rooms or used cheat codes to get a silly rankings on a meaningless online ladder. You can compare it to CoD rankings, just because you're a high prestige doesn't mean you're good at the game, it just shows that you played a lot.

I'm just saying this from my standpoint, I consider myself a really good player and I played on gamebattles and socombattles so I pretty much played with the best players and clans.

on shooters as a whole, most shooters take a similar route to CoD, which is aiming where you aim down the sights and shoot. No run and gun or any of that, just wack *** aim down the sights and shoot. even the new SOCOM has some of this.

EDIT: Combined Assault along with SOCOM 3 was so terrible lol. turning point of the SOCOM series in most people's eyes.

CY

Smash Ace
lmao, who would've thought having to aim would ruin the shooter genre?
not having to aim genius, hitting the R2 button to look down the sights. it's a different kind of aiming that CoD created. compared to games that actually require more skill to shoot and kill like Counter Strike, Quake, SOCOM, etc. hell, even Halo.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Haha, I know what you meant, you just worded it hilariously.

Believe me, I'm the most anti-quickscoping person you'll meet. I think it's stupid as all hell.

THAT SAID: Shooters have abandoned the old campy style of before. Anti-camping is much easier these days.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Actually CoD was a refreshing experiance at least 1 was 2 was ok except it got really campy in hardcore and the killstreaks were broken. Imo

:phone:

CY

Smash Ace
Actually CoD was a refreshing experiance at least 1 was 2 was ok except it got really campy in hardcore and the killstreaks were broken. Imo

I even like CoD, well up until CoD4. but now it's just getting ridiculous, especially after MW2. Literally anyone can be good at MW2, seriously.

not only this, but now most games copy CoD because of how successful it is. but you can't really blame them, if it works why change it. it just gets really stale and the learning curve is made to where my 1 year old niece can **** ****.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Has anyone played Tribes? That was my favorite shooter back in the day. Barely anyone played it though.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Post-Halo 2 shotters, as well as MK9 are trash.

That's about all that need be said on the subject...

CY

Smash Ace
Has anyone played Tribes? That was my favorite shooter back in the day. Barely anyone played it though.
if you're talking about Tribes Aerial Assault then hell yea I did. I loved that game soooooo much, and the community was about 100 people so everyone knew each other pretty much.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
I even like CoD, well up until CoD4. but now it's just getting ridiculous, especially after MW2. Literally anyone can be good at MW2, seriously.

not only this, but now most games copy CoD because of how successful it is. but you can't really blame them, if it works why change it. it just gets really stale and the learning curve is made to where my 1 year old niece can **** ****.
This I why I love black ops now. It really nutshotted those n00btubingquickscoping****junkies. I find this game to the most balanced CoD ever. Imo

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Well, honestly, here's the main reason I love CoD's "Snapping" controls over most other. In real life, your mind and body snap to a target. Identify your target, and hit it. If the controls seem easy, it's because war is easy. XD

By the way, Halo uses auto-aim too, they're just the best at masking it. Even worse, they've got "Magnetism". :(
The auto aim system locks onto targets as you strafe. That's kinda' lame to know. :(

And KoN's right, Black Ops is my current favorite shooter online. (Since Gears is too weird to count.)

Never heard of Tribes Prime. :O

iirc, Battlefield 2 was the last game I played to feature truly pure controls. Another reason I'm excited for Battlefield 3. :D

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Tribes was ledgit prime back in middle school my friends and I would have 4v4 lan battles during computer class our teacher didnt give a ****.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I never made it that far into the 2nd fear...hell I never made it far into the first one, the online play of it was so addicting especially since I got so good at it.

I wonder if people still play online on it? id be fine with 20 people lol

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
****ING LOL, Paw.

And KoN, that's nothing. We had Unreal Tournament 2004 lan games in high school. Best online shooter evah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom