• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
That FB page does have rules up; https://docs.google.com/document/d/11ykCuRBJUYtgPNBVJ7thKG59l8VaSBSryhCvMvECoi4/edit?pli=1

Players must choose their characters within 5 seconds of each other
No stage may be played twice in the same set of matches
Are those normal rules for Smash tourneys?

There was also this pic that was posted that said 12 PM, http://i.imgur.com/x89U8hN.jpg

But the problem is, you have to register on the FB page and can't do it in person which means a no go for me as I don't have FB. :L Oh well, to training mode I stick to apparently >_>.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I remember hearing something about Melee Smashfests being hosted or something in San Antonio. Are they done at Ooples, or some other public place? If so, when? I don't cre which Smash I play as long as I can play Smash with some actual people again at this point >_>.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The Melee fests are at a player's apartment. I don't know the location though. Nike does. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Take something to pass the time. You're gonna be there from about 8am to 3pm doing absolutely nothing. Avoid carrying anything metal or sharp. You can't take any of that stuff into the building. I had to leave my wallet chain under a construction sandbag for the entire day because I had nowhere to put it.

I didn't get out til 5pm myself. Thank god too, otherwise I would've had to wait another 30 minutes for the next bus.

Seriously. Take something. Anything. You're going to be sitting and standing for long, long periods of time. :applejack:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The Melee fests are at a player's apartment. I don't know the location though. Nike does. :applejack:

Bah. So much for that then. >_> I miss Ooples.

And is it still known if I have to register on FB to participate in that UTSA thang? Or what? I'm sick of tire of playing in training mode and not being able to play against live people ;-;.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Darren Castillo said:
I've been told you have to register via FB. This true? I have a few friends that want to attend but don't have/refuse FB. This based* on attending or at the door?

also specific times for each event, thanks

Reply said:
All games will begin between 12:30 and 1:00. Be there at 12, no later. It's okay if your friends choose to do that, just be on time

I want to get an accurate head count though for the event
Alright so my carpool Saturday morning is KoN, Espy, and Slush.

Suspect

Smash Hero
guess ill go then if im not sleep. if I do ill follow beros so I dont get lost on campus. message me your number please

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Alright so my carpool Saturday morning is KoN, Espy, and Slush.
I might be able to go. Not 100% sure yet. But I'll let you know before Saturday so you can give them an extra head count. According to that FB page it is free to participate but I then read somthing about it costing 25$ to join a club or something, is being a member of this club a requirement? As I don't want to fork of 25 bucks.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Comment said:
a couple questions, first, when are each of the events going to start/end?
second, do I have to be a member of your club, or even a student at UTSA to join the event?
I answered the first question here

Host said:
Participating in the event will be free, however to become a member, the fee is $25, which gets you a shirt!

You can join the event even if you aren't a student."]

Anyone can attend since it's free. So I it's mostly for fun considering no where is listed a prize.
The membership is a separate thing -- for being a part of the community that handles these events on campus
(Which I assume is only for the students anyways so you don't have to worry about that)
UTSA eSports only started last semester. I would've joined, but I'll give that commuting and class overloading johns.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok my dad is now thinking about it. He'll make up his mind before Saturday, however there has been a crap load of stuff going on here recently and he may have to make-up time at work. We aren't sure yet but it is looking positive for me. But I'll definitely let you know fur sure before Saturday. Now to really put some practice into training at the prospect of playing with real people again.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Jury duty sucks.
When I was there I was stuck there from 830 to 9, didn't get home until like 10.
Worse experience of my life, and I ****ing saw Mama Mia twice.

Jury duty ****ing sucks donkey balls **** **** **** stain **** **** son of a ***** face.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Jury duty sucks.
When I was there I was stuck there from 830 to 9, didn't get home until like 10.
Worse experience of my life, and I ****ing saw Mama Mia twice.

Jury duty ****ing sucks donkey balls **** **** **** stain **** **** son of a ***** face.
dang, tofer had jury duty for a whole 30 minutes. beat that

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Welp, ends up turning out that I am unable to make it to the tourney. My dad has a chance for some overtime this Saturday which means extra money and I told him to go ahead and go since that is more important. So no head count for me.

One of you suckers better start hosting stuff at Oooples again or I'm gonna die due to lack of Smash exposure. :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom