• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus's Rivals...Who gets the SSBB spot?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Ridley (3), Weavel (2), Noxis/Iceman(1)

I'm removing Meta Ridley as redundant.

A Metroid 0
A Space Pirate 0
Dark Samus 3
Kanden 0
Kraid 0
Noxus 1
Ridley 5
Spire 0
Sylux 0
The Hunters 0
Trace 0
Weavel 3
I figured that someone would just add MetaRidley, so I tried to save him/her the small task.

Two other small rules that I figure I should add, I didn't since I was the first post but tell what action you are taken then add, and also if you have some complaint with the person posting, PM him/her rather than exposing the quarrel to the public.

I will update the origional post.

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
I think Dark Samus has a very good chance of being in the game, seeing as ZSS will alter Samus' style quite drastically (unless she is a seperate character).

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Madd props Rhyme (are you a guy or a girl? just curious.) you're bringing my thread back to life in a big way.

A Metroid 0
A Space Pirate 2
Dark Samus 3
Kanden 0
Kraid 1
Noxus 0
Ridley 4
Spire 0
Sylux 2
The Hunters 0
Trace 2
Weavel 1

kaid

Smash Master
Ridley (3), Weavel (2), Noxis/Iceman(1)

I'm removing Meta Ridley as redundant.

A Metroid 0
A Space Pirate 0
Dark Samus 3
Kanden 0
Kraid 0
Noxus 1
Ridley 5
Spire 0
Sylux 0
The Hunters 0
Trace 0
Weavel 3
Madd props Rhyme (are you a guy or a girl? just curious.) you're bringing my thread back to life in a big way.

A Metroid 0
A Space Pirate 2
Dark Samus 3
Kanden 0
Kraid 1
Noxus 0
Ridley 4
Spire 0
Sylux 2
The Hunters 0
Trace 2
Weavel 1
These two lists are incompatable. My list is Rhyme and mine added together... I'm not sure what Shadownexus was doing.

Sensai

Smash Master
Just leave the list posting to Rhyme. Women multi-task better, anyways. :-D

My vote goes like this:

Ridley (3); Metroid (2); DS (1).

shadenexus18 said:
You talk a good game Sensai. What a strong arguement.
Is that sarcasm? So help you if that is sarcasm. For every sarcasm that is...I will kill you. :-D

Rhyme

Smash Lord
It looks like Shadenexus did a Hurt/Heal bit, seing how Ridley went from 5 to 4. Such was not the goal of this particular survey, only to add and get a total. Hurt/Heal gets too overcomplicated for my taste.

Since it seems like my thread restarter worked better than Sensai's I guess I'll handle the list if that's what everyone would prefer. Just say what action you would like taken and I will post the update. Please remember no more than 3 points for your first choice, I see the most recent poster, Red Exodus, says "4 Dark Samus 2 Ridley" which technically breaks the delicate system if I interpreted this correctly.

As for my gender, everyone take your best guess. What is inconsequential to me could very well be a fun little game for the lot of you.
;)

EDIT:Shadenexus: Kaid was right, your list was incompatible. Please state for my recording purposes where you wish to allocate your points.

Red Exodux, so I don't confuse things, you want to add your points in the same manner Sensai chose to?

Sensai

Smash Master
Rhyme said:
Since it seems like my thread restarter worked better than Sensai's...
Actually, my boat sex comment got you going on finding a new conversation starter. I'll take all the credit.

And your sex is obvious, Rhyme. You're posting on forums coherently, meaning you're either an intelligent guy or a chick. The purple and the 'delicate', along with other adjectives, lead people to see you as a female.

I win.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Actually, my boat sex comment got you going on finding a new conversation starter. I'll take all the credit.

And your sex is obvious, Rhyme. You're posting on forums coherently, meaning you're either an intelligent guy or a chick. The purple and the 'delicate', along with other adjectives, lead people to see you as a female.

I win.
Not necessarily, you proved to the public what my gender appears to be. The purple is the delicate sounds more like a proverb than coherent speach. What does that mean anyway? All is a vain attempt to better understand the pitiful world we live in, cyberspace inclusive.

You do realize how off-topic this discussion is, don't you?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Excuse my harsh, male language when I say that you're only pissing on the fire....darlin'.
And men do that?!? *Shifty eyes* Yes I realized that.

I still havn't heard back from a select few individuals, so I guess I will post what the contest results look like right now...oh yea, and since people will no longer be copy>pasting it, I will decorate it to be the same color as my Samus.

A Metroid 2
A Space Pirate 0
Dark Samus 6
Kanden 0
Kraid 0
Noxus 1
Ridley 11
Spire 0
Sylux 0
The Hunters(general) 0
Trace 0
Weavel 3

Since Brawl isn't a popularity contest and is based more heavily on deservedness, this tally hardly matters but it's still fun.:cool:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Just leave the list posting to Rhyme. Women multi-task better, anyways. :-D

My vote goes like this:

Ridley (3); Metroid (2); DS (1).

Is that sarcasm? So help you if that is sarcasm. For every sarcasm that is...I will kill you. :-D
Take a chill pill Sensai, but sorry to leave you in the dark like that. That wasn't at all in the least sarcasm. I was just given you mad props. Besides, you always come up with good ideas so why on earth would I condemn those thoughts to the pit?

As for my votes, it goes like this....DS (3); Ridley (1); Cylex(2)

As for Rhyme's gender, I thought the user was a guy, that is until she posted her location "in my boyfriend." I was a bit....curious lol.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'm just saying that the fact that assuming mentioning having a boyfriend makes you a girl is stereotyping and insensitive to homosexual males. Or something.

Also, I was hoping I was the first one to make that joke. >.<

And...um...Ridley's awesome.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I'm just saying that the fact that assuming mentioning having a boyfriend makes you a girl is stereotyping and insensitive to homosexual males. Or something.

Also, I was hoping I was the first one to make that joke. >.<

And...um...Ridley's awesome.
Well technically you would be the second, the first was me since it was in my sig, duh! I'm not being derogatory, everyone here should know by now I don't give a **** about gender or gender relationships. So much steryotyping of something so sensless.

Very smart, Devastlian.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Definately claiming spiritual enlightenment. Are you a mindreader?

Please note: I rarely use sarcasm...& if I do, you'll know it. I'll use the term "PSYCHE!" or something like that.

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
Definately claiming spiritual enlightenment. Are you a mindreader?

Please note: I rarely use sarcasm...& if I do, you'll know it. I'll use the term "PSYCHE!" or something like that.
thats what u say... ahem carry on ... oh and a boyfriend is a pillow with armrests AHEM CARRY ON!!!

T-major

Smash Champion
dizzamn! havn't been in this thread in a while. how every body get along without me?

as for this list-a-ma-jigger, I'll go with Ridley (3), ???, profit!

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

I support Ridley for Brawl. My vote is in.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
So after including MiraiGen's 3 points for Ridley, here are the standings:

A Metroid 2
A Space Pirate 0
Dark Samus 12
Kanden 0
Kraid 0
Noxus 1
Ridley 18
Spire 0
Sylux 2
The Hunters(General) 0
Trace 0
Weavel 3

Sensai

Smash Master
Devas...you had me laughing my *** off. Oh my god, hilarious. I was thinking it, but I figured I'd let an easy one slide, but you turned it gold. /bow

Shade, I was just joking too (I'm getting bad at having realize what I'm trying to come across as). It's a Family Guy reference.

And wow...page 29 is riddled with random.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm back, sorry I put my points in the wrong place I thought you were allowed to add point together so instead of 3 Ds 2 ridley 1 metroid you could just say 6 DS lol.

Anyway, my vote is 3 DS, Ridley 1 Space pirate.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I'm back, sorry I put my points in the wrong place I thought you were allowed to add point together so instead of 3 Ds 2 ridley 1 metroid you could just say 6 DS lol.

Anyway, my vote is 3 DS, Ridley 1 Space pirate.
Well then, I believe the score should look a bit like this now:

A Metroid 2
A Space Pirate 1
Dark Samus 15
Kanden 0
Kraid 0
Noxus 1
Ridley 20
Spire 0
Sylux 2
The Hunters(General) 0
Trace 0
Weavel 3

Shadenexus, I might have saved your degenerating thread for a page or two, but ultimately someone else(maybe yourself) needs to introduce a new topic or this thread will be chaos again.:chuckle:

EDIT: Also, would it be safe to assume that I can ditch the following categories?: The Hunters(General) and Kraid, one would generally pick a hunter, and Kraid is a no no to me.

Sensai

Smash Master
Yes, you can delete the Hunters as a group, and take away Kraid, too. Too big anyways, although I would still love to see him. He'd be a nice WTF character....

And I never really thought of this topic as in ruins. /shrugs Oh well.

El HP

Smash Ace
I would like to see ridley because he is the classic villian of the series, Dark Samus for its major villian role in the prime series and Weavel because he is very unique and is my favorite hunter.

Top Bottom