• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Samus

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Last edited:

CharlieSolark

Smash Cadet
NNID
xXSolarkXx
3DS FC
0259-0796-7972

I did a small Samus edit, a ''grittier'' version you could say

Slaudial

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0233-0174-7067
I have never in my entire life ever played against someone that could be so incredibly decent yet be so ridiculously mashy at the same time. And I've played against a lot of people like this so this is really saying something.

not to name any names or anything

PS This character is an annoying sack of **** she's always been that way and that will never change apparently

You know actually I would be pretty angry if I was a Metroid fan. Like, say you're a hardcore Metroid fan. And then you hear about Smash. It's like "Wwooo hoooo! I can play as mah badass space bounty hunter Samus! She doesn't take no **** from nobody except Adam!!!"

And then you play the game. And find out that Ms. Metroid Slayer Bounter Hunter is one of the lamest, campiest, most consistently irritating characters in the smash series. She's basically the Blanka of Smash Bros. I would be goddamn FURIOUS! I would want answers! Samus deserves better then this! She should play like Falcon or something! Well maybe not Falcon because he is pretty annoying too but whatever you get my point. Not this annoying ***** that can only piss people off with an infinite recovery that takes like 2 minutes for her to reach the ledge and a cheesy projectile that does like 80% shield damage or something dumb like that.

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
Yeah dude, I'd hate to fight me too. (Especially through WiFi lag)
I'm a bit of a troll. :teeth:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Yeah dude, I'd hate to fight me too. (Especially through WiFi lag)
I'm a bit of a troll. :teeth:
Speaking of which I am going to have to take a rain check on facing you again. I fractured my fingers (actual sparing, happens) and while I can still sorta play it's not ideal...
a month or so to heal.
I'm processing you vs. xyro vid right now.

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of which I am going to have to take a rain check on facing you again. I fractured my fingers (actual sparing, happens) and while I can still sorta play it's not ideal...
a month or so to heal.
Smash bros IRL

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
a month or so to heal.
Alright, no problem dude, hope your hands heal up soon.

Sweet, now everyone can see me getting rekt.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I agree with the placement for now. She's got stuff against her, but she's not the "worst" character.

Last edited:

ParanoidAndroid

Smash Cadet
I think that placement is about right. She has some serious flaws high level play will expose pretty easily. Samus struggling to land a shield grab is a pretty big weakness to overcome just by it's self.

We talked about the up coming "Metroid" game Federation Force in @ DungeonMaster DungeonMaster 's thread about smash 4 being a bad advert for Samus. But here are some PR comments from Reggie about that game if anyone is intrested: http://kotaku.com/nintendos-reggie-talks-metroid-amiibo-and-of-course-1713347550

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Yeah I'm holding out hope that they in fact have a fully polished, ready-to-go metroid that they're saving for the holidays. That's kind of what Reggie hinted to, but well, we'll just have to see.

Xyless

Smash Master
http://www.gofundme.com/wg9su8g

Posting in part as a joke, but Sago, one of (if not) Brawl's best Samus players is doing a fund raiser to get him a Wii U so he can develop Samus tech. Figured the Samus boards might be interested.

http://gfycat.com/BlushingLinedBluebottlejellyfish here's a gif of him, he's only had a few hours to play the game at tournaments, but he's already got some really slick tech.

MegaRiff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaRiff

Posting in part as a joke, but Sago, one of (if not) Brawl's best Samus players is doing a fund raiser to get him a Wii U so he can develop Samus tech. Figured the Samus boards might be interested.

http://gfycat.com/BlushingLinedBluebottlejellyfish here's a gif of him, he's only had a few hours to play the game at tournaments, but he's already got some really slick tech.
Another Samus main!? Exciting! And it clearly looks like he knows what he's doing. Even better. It's nice to know there's someone else out there can represent Samus in a positive light.

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64

That gif is too short to tell me a whole lot about his skill, but yes, we always welcome another Samus main! So maybe I should help him obtain that Wii U...?

Oh, and actually, I just realized Sago 3-stocked the Marth player, so that must tell us something.

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
Hey wassup I'm a Doc/Kirby/Lucina main but imma hang out here cause my brother mains Samus.

I find Samus actually really difficult to fight tho. I mean seriously? People always dis her and then since they barely have the experience against her it can just be freaking difficult sometimes man.

But hey if thats an advantage for Samus we take those. Same for Doc and Lucina haha. Even though they are considered "Low-Tier" I'm pretty sure they aren't tho.......right guys? (Doc is totally Mid-Tier btw don't deny it I don't).

Well, see y'all around the boards.

Squaddle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gaulderdash
I keep getting angry at video games and turning that rage into a montage of regret

OK no really though WHY ARE HOMING MISSILES CONSIDERED WEAK HITS

Boney

Smash Apprentice
Another Samus main!? Exciting! And it clearly looks like he knows what he's doing. Even better. It's nice to know there's someone else out there can represent Samus in a positive light.
Hey, good games! Would've loved to have fight a few more though

MegaRiff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaRiff
Hey, good games! Would've loved to have fight a few more though
@ Boney Boney Great games indeed! Didn't know you were a smash board regular. I had stop. That was my allotted hour of smash for the morning. Had to get started on some work. I'll send a friend request sometime soon and we can continue with our matches later!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Samus players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Samus and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

Boney

Smash Apprentice
So there was no Samus representation at EVO.. Shame but expected..

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So there was no Samus representation at EVO.. Shame but expected..
There are only 52 characters not counting Mii Fighters. Almost 2000 people registered to play Smash for Wii U. I find it crazy there are that many people but no Samus players.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
There are only 52 characters not counting Mii Fighters. Almost 2000 people registered to play Smash for Wii U. I find it crazy there are that many people but no Samus players.
Was it really zero? I'm not entirely surprised but if you have that statistic handy somewhere to reference I would much appreciate it. I want to include it in a "shame Sakurai" video.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
Was it really zero? I'm not entirely surprised but if you have that statistic handy somewhere to reference I would much appreciate it. I want to include it in a "shame Sakurai" video.
Sounds like you have the same idea as I do. I keep collecting replays to put a video together to show everything wrong with her (and possibly suggest qol fixes or buffs) but the patches keep breaking them before I can manage to time to record them. Hope ya manage to make it count!

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Hey if you do have collections of replays with completely egregious stuff and want to contribute to a showcase of stupid design, I'm more than willing to include them. I have been for the past few weeks doing exactly that, saving replays of completely stupid stuff we have to cope with that makes no sense. Add me and use share replay feature.

Squaddle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gaulderdash
Hey if you do have collections of replays with completely egregious stuff and want to contribute to a showcase of stupid design, I'm more than willing to include them. I have been for the past few weeks doing exactly that, saving replays of completely stupid stuff we have to cope with that makes no sense. Add me and use share replay feature.
aw crap I just deleted most of my 'rage' replays, a bunch of times people fell out of my up-b and fair causing me to get KO'd from their punish...

I'll try and recapture the lost stuff and get some recordings about how her tilts and jab are guaranteed punishable when the enemy's sub-50%

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Well it will still be a little bit for me to get the video together so in the interim collect your best insanity. I'm sure there are enough of us that we could fill a LONG video, so one or two examples of something is fine.
Last night I had Yoshi grab me as a result of the extended hurtbox of jab 1. The hand, the arm, the dino's tongue, nothing connected visually. Was hilarious, in the "that could prompt me to send death threats" sorta way.

Top Bottom