• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

samus vs. sheik

rayecho

Smash Ace
I've always thought that needles go slightly under the missiles - just barely missing them. How did I miss that?

Edit: Counter smash? Charge cancel? What is that? How do you do them?
i think counter smash is just a wavedash back into a smash attack when shiek does a dash attack/grab.

charge cancel is when samus is charging the shot, then you hit r or l to shield and the shot is stored for another time.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
i think counter smash is just a wavedash back into a smash attack when shiek does a dash attack/grab.

charge cancel is when samus is charging the shot, then you hit r or l to shield and the shot is stored for another time.
So that's what that means. I've done them before - just didn't know there was a technical term for it.

*Smacks forehead* Of course! It all makes sense! I knew how to do it - just stupid enough not to figure out how the name came about.

Jaymundo

Smash Rookie
usually missles and charged shots and bombs get shot down by needles... that is very anoying.
so instead i try to get close, but keep my distance, and use ftilts, fsmash, dsmash adn when they try to turtle i usualylay a bomb so they cant grab me then ...
This guy said it. Ftilt like crazy and fsmash when they get so frustrated they just wanna grab you. But god help you if they do.

fox_fandom

Smash Rookie
My friend, depite my name, my 2 best characters are shiek then samus. originally samus was my best. and when i played samus there was this kid that wasn't anywhere near my skill, but played shiek. he never won but it was extreamly close. The point i'm making here is that in all my gaming days, never have i seen 2 players of equal skill, one samus one skiek, and the samus win. it just doesn't happen sorry champ i feel your pain i really do. but shiek is just to fast for samus to keep up.

rayecho

Smash Ace
My friend, depite my name, my 2 best characters are shiek then samus. originally samus was my best. and when i played samus there was this kid that wasn't anywhere near my skill, but played shiek. he never won but it was extreamly close. The point i'm making here is that in all my gaming days, never have i seen 2 players of equal skill, one samus one skiek, and the samus win. it just doesn't happen sorry champ i feel your pain i really do. but shiek is just to fast for samus to keep up.
so slow shiek down

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
I like using bombs to slow Sheik down, despite her needles....

And Samus' uair is great if she's above you.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I just played Dark a lot today... **** shiek. **** her... him... it so hard.

The Samus counter to shiek is at the character select screen... pick someone more gay than Samus could ever be.

Declan

Smash Apprentice
I'm a sheik player and I lose to my friend's Samus all of the time. Don't get to caught up in who beats who in match ups, just hone your skills. Samus needs to not rely on missiles cancel spamming, avoid grabs!, be careful with edge-guarding, and spam smashes and nair.

3Years

Smash Lord
against a shiek i would recommend spacing...cuz its 1 of the best things u got on her...missle spam and non charge b 2 slow her down a bit...

samus=defensive
shiek=offensive

its one of samus's hardest match ups by far...

Jaymundo

Smash Rookie
against a shiek i would recommend spacing...cuz its 1 of the best things u got on her...missle spam and non charge b 2 slow her down a bit...

samus=defensive
shiek=offensive

its one of samus's hardest match ups by far...
In b4 marth.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
What is a good way to recover from being sent upward without being juggled by Sheik's uair? Obviously DI, but any other tips?

I found that my weak point was letting my friend juggle me too long because I couldn't get away from his uair...

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
What do I do when a Sheik camps me and plays gay and defensive :/ I've tried camping but needles > missiles. And her defensive game is monstrous.

Desh.

Smash Lord
wtfx david dont u main sheik? im confuzzled...i came here to learn how to **** a samus better...so i'm guessing u the same? :s

3Years

Smash Lord
wtfx david dont u main sheik? im confuzzled...i came here to learn how to **** a samus better...so i'm guessing u the same? :s
lol nice...

well 2 the samus players i would recommend doing wut dew rag said by bombing away if shes juggling u...if there using the uair then i would try dair to give u a lil more time 2 get on the ground...

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
What is a good way to recover from being sent upward without being juggled by Sheik's uair? Obviously DI, but any other tips?

I found that my weak point was letting my friend juggle me too long because I couldn't get away from his uair...
Bombs and UpB help, although UpB is something of a last resort. Sometimes you can get away, sometimes you can't.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
I'm interested in learning Samus and I figure since everyone seems to be learning Sheik I'd better learn how to fight them. Silly rambo Sheiks that don't think are easy to beat, which is why I'm not bothering to ask about it. If they're going to tilt spam a Samus then they eat the D-smash and D-tilts accordingly.

Samus seems like a character who is limited in approach options, which is what I try to take advantage of when I'm Sheik. I play gay, needle campy and defensive, with a ratio of probably 4 : 1 for time defending vs time approaching. It seems to work.

I'd like to know what I should be doing when someone does this (when I'm the Samus).

Jaymundo

Smash Rookie
Jump- homing missile-missile cancel. Don't approach from the air though, that's a farewell to a stock against a good sheik. But I would try to bomb the needles to get when a little closer, the missile jazz is just to put some pressure and slow down the sheiks needles.

3Years

Smash Lord
Jump- homing missile-missile cancel. Don't approach from the air though, that's a farewell to a stock against a good sheik. But I would try to bomb the needles to get when a little closer, the missile jazz is just to put some pressure and slow down the sheiks needles.
sry u cant slow down her needles...u can slow her down but not her needles

rayecho

Smash Ace
would anyone consider ledge hopping a full charge shot as an edge guard against sheik after she lands on the stage using up-B?

Watty

Smash Lord
yep it works u can also ledge hop spike charge shot ledge hop up tilt charge shot, or ledge hop down tilt back air to get them back off tehs stage depending on the percent lots of variations all work pretty well, I mix it up juss to try adn get the opponent to mess up a DI cause if you do the same thing over and over again they will learnt he DI giving them diffrent looks will maybe make them mess up the DI.

Corigames

Smash Hero
The only way to beat shiek with samus is to give that player a lobotomy... but we all knew that, right?

More seriously, just out spam her, that's all I've got.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Aniki taught me the best thing ever! have ur fully charge, save it for fear cause unfortunatly 1 needle distroys the whole things -_-...anyway when ur edge hogging sheik and she must go on the edge, ledge hop and shoot her! automatic 30% right there! haha abuse her recovery and bomb jump as less as you can unless you are high and out of needle range.

RobMoNeY

Smash Cadet
what i do is spam missile to keep the sheik away then i Nair them to get a good spacing game!!

rayecho

Smash Ace
can i have anyones opinion on this.

is it smart to do an areal after shiek already has jumped and did hers?

Corigames

Smash Hero
So we ARE calling shiek a "her" now? Ok then.

The best way to avoid Shiek's aerials is to stay out of range, because, from her jump, she can throw a needle or do a regular attack. So, unless you have the ability to discern which move she is doing after avoiding it AND hitting her before she hits the ground herself, then go right ahead. For me, I'll stay out of range and spam until she has to approach awkwardly or something to that extent.

AIDS

Smash Lord
So we ARE calling shiek a "her" now? Ok then.

The best way to avoid Shiek's aerials is to stay out of range, because, from her jump, she can throw a needle or do a regular attack. So, unless you have the ability to discern which move she is doing after avoiding it AND hitting her before she hits the ground herself, then go right ahead. For me, I'll stay out of range and spam until she has to approach awkwardly or something to that extent.
i 100% agree with this whole quote, yes including sheik being a man.
A nice thing is to missile cancel a smash missile so it flies above the needles, free headshot :)
yes, but if the can sheild, CC or powersheild, for some strange reason this doesn't work :laugh:

mach5

Smash Journeyman
crouch cancel is the way to beat a shiek. everything of hers is cc-able except her downsmash. but as soon as a shiek jumps in the air dash at it and cc! then downsmash! homing missles are better off in this matchup rather then power missles. shiek can easily duck power missles but homing missles are more fustrating. also if you fire a homing missle its easier chase then grab them.

1 the missles wont send them flying away.
2 goes toward them even if they duck
3 if they do jump. i suggest you do a double jump and get above the shiek.

Samus_Hats

Smash Apprentice
How do I beat a Shiek?

Usually not with Samus. Another Sheik or Falcon, maybe.

But if I do fight one with Samus, I spend alot of time spamming missiles, f-tilts, Nairs, and Bairs. CC Dsmash is a must also. Abuse their bad recovery, and stay away from their missiles while your recovering.

Also - DL64.

Top Bottom