• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus v.s Peach

Smash Ace
there are a bunch of Peach players where i live. I've been trying to find someone that can fight her. So i decied to pickup Samus.

I have all of Samus's moves down (besides the SWD obv), but i still have trouble with peach. I win most of the time ,but it is a hard fought match.

So i want to know how does Samus beat peach? DOES Samus beat Peach? And is there anyway i can make my Samus better to beable to beat Peach?

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
I was under the impression that peach was a samus counter. Anyway, learn to catch turnups and us the forward tilt and up tilt. It's pretty simple. I don't knoow why peach is a samus counter except for maybe ledge gaurding since she can float out and hit you and float back. But I don't really pay attention to who counters who. I think it depends on the player, although there are distinct advantages if you're good enough you should be able to get around them. Back to the point, ftilit utilit and catch turnups, and don't forget to use missles and charge shots to keep away from that down smash of doom.

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love to fight Peach. Samus sure feels like a Peach counter to me.

I'd say one of Samus's biggest advantages over Peach is how freaking easy it is to hit her with a charge blast. So many of Peach's moves feel safe from a distance, but are wide open to charge blasts. If she's pulling a turnip and is half a stage away from you, you can hit her with the blast. If she's jumping at you and throws a turnip, you can hit her with the blast. If she's floating directly at you, shoot slightly below her (but still high enough to hit her). If she doesn't have a second jump, she has no chance of avoiding it. If she does have a second jump, she has a fraction of a chance. If she's dumb enough to do a dsmash and you're not with it it's range (like many Peaches get accustomed to doing), you can hit her with a real easy charge blast. And also, your typical set ups like hitting off of tech rolls and rolls still do wonders against Peach. So any time that you have time, charge a blast up, you'll probably have an opportunity to shoot it.

A lot of Peaches, as I've noticed, like to Shield grab a lot. If you see one trying to do so to you, do a dair, l cancel into a jab, and then dsmash. If she continues to shield the entire time, the dsmash will push you out of her grab range. If she tries to shield grab the dair, the jab and dsmash will hit her. Take advantage of the fact that when l-cancelled, Samus has the least amount of landing lag of any of the higher tier characters.

Fsmash ***** Peach. It outprioritizes all of Peach's aerials. If she's floating at you, a good strategy is to just walk away and then smash her when she's within your range. Ftilts also a good move. Good to put pressure on her shield, good for knocking her around, great range.

Recovery's a bit of a pain if you're coming in low. Turnips can screw up bomb jumps, but you can actually use them to your advantage, by letting the turnips hit your bombs while you're still near them, thus giving you the jump of the bomb without getting hit by the turnip. But that's more of an art, I don't know how to teach that :p Without using your second jump, try to get underneath the ledge, then jump up and use your grapple to grab it if necessary. Ledge hopping on and cancelling into a dsmash seems to work wonders.

Your main kill moves on Peach should be Charge Blast, Fsmash, Ftilt, possibly uptilt, possibly sex kick, and missiles. There's a number of good ways to get these off on her, too, even against really good Peaches.

infinity

Smash Apprentice
I find using b-airs against peach very effective. I seem to hit with the sweet spot with this attack against peach more so than other high/top tier characters.

I also like to fake out peaches who use the down smash consistently by coming in close from the air but dropping a bomb above her head. It protects me from the down smash and a shield grab.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Hit and run is what i like to call my strategy against peach, you never want to be too close to one. Missle spamming completely messes with her turnip game, sex kicks to her arial advances is a great option. A wavedash or double wavedash back and a well aimed upward forward smash does wonders. The peaches i play seem prone to getting hit by bombs, so if you are in a situation where she seems too close, gtfo and drop a few bombs behind you. And like oro said, the charge blast is insanely easy to land on peaches. And the tip of the bair seems to KO at much lower percentages than a lot of other samus moves.

Supernova

Smash Ace
1337...come on...samus does pretty darn good against peach. just be wary of CCing. (duh, huh)

anyways, just missile cancel alot, trying to use homers as the first shot to knock peach out of the air. missed peach dsmashes means you can actually use your grab combos for once!

yeah, samus grab combos. that's an oxymoron.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Isn't bad to CC Peach's d-smash? If you CC it then you get stuck inside her little dancing animation and you can get up to 81% dmg. I learned that the hard way -.-'

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Originally posted by Patooty
Isn't bad to CC Peach's d-smash? If you CC it then you get stuck inside her little dancing animation and you can get up to 81% dmg. I learned that the hard way -.-'
too true...especially for sum newb friends of mine who constantly try to dtilt dB and keepmashing B and down so they CC w/o meaning to:chuckle:

infinity

Smash Apprentice
samus ownz almost everyone, IMO everyone, on dreamland. The ceiling is very high and it will often take 200+% to kill samus.

Another stage is battlefield, pretty much because of the platforms. Although, grappling may be a little harder, im not sure.

Another one I can think of is brinstar depths, though most people don't play there. For me, its because she can grapple everything, but, for the most part, you can't hang at all or the beam will dislatch. Still, as the course shifts, many characters will have a problem recovering, but not samus.

Mainly shoot for stages with either a high ceiling or platforms or both if possible.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Originally posted by infinity
Another stage is battlefield, pretty much because of the platforms. Although, grappling may be a little harder, im not sure.

Yeah its hard to grapple their you have in the middle under a flat platform. And even if you can get back(which any good Samus should be able to) its still patthetically easy to edge guard her.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
A stage i would counter is one with short sides and a tall ceiling. If only the six neutral are on, then dreamland64 oe even yoshi story to a lesser extent would be good if you don't want fd.

if more stages are open for counter, i'd consider Kongo Jungle (with the rock). It's hard because a stage that is bad for peach is usually also bad for samus, since they both live high and have amazing recoveries. The advantage peach has is that she can kill samus off the top more easily.

Betobeblm

Smash Cadet
MIKE G IS SCARED

I saw mike G practicing against samus in training mode shortly before our finals match...i got someone spooked vs samus ^_^

MLRS

Banned via Administration
no, mike g says there is no samus in the country that can beat him, thanks to wes. which makes me afraid cause i have a money match with him.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Yeah, I was training for Samus cause Bobby's samus was soo nice!! -.- he scared the dress off my peach yo! X_X

I even had to use 400 of my moves/combos intead of my usual 600 cause Bobby was soooo scary!:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oro, Wes, and even that ******* Silven can attest to the fact that I HATE fighting Samus. I'm just a lost child in that match up. It's really a matter of player counters player than character counters character when it comes to Peach/Samus, it seems.

Help me out here, Mike. x_x

D

Deleted member

lol all the samus players I play CC ***** so they die quick. Problem is samux don't die. I usually end up KOs with nair or upair. No solid ground KO moves sux =/

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Originally posted by RyokoYaksa
Oro, Wes, and even that ******* Silven can attest to the fact that I HATE fighting Samus. I'm just a lost child in that match up. It's really a matter of player counters player than character counters character when it comes to Peach/Samus, it seems.

Help me out here, Mike. x_x
Even Sliven?! How you lose to......him!!!!? ***** D@MN!!!

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't lost to Silven, but when we did play 1 on 1 he cut it really close against me. There's something just sad about that, ya know?

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Wow, Silven’s Samus is more famous than my Link, lol. I feel your pain Ryoko, indeed I do lol.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
LordLCD, MOVE! no one here is talking about stoopid link! this is SAMUS vs peach! >_>

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
LOL ok Mike then I’ll talk about Samus VS. Peach. My Samus owns your Peach lol. *runs away*

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Originally posted by 1337
since when was your Link famous Lord HDL?
Never. That’s what I get for owning people at one tournament and one tournament only.

But that’s a different story, best not to bring that up.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Lol Mike....so harsh.

Come on guys...Silven is not THAT bad.

<_<

>_>

*cough*

k okay! so he needs a few years of practice,so what?

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Originally posted by Lord HDL
Never. That’s what I get for owning people at one tournament and one tournament only.

But that’s a different story, best not to bring that up.
heh, and who did u own at only one tourney, kind sir?

oh no... dont worry about not bring it up...its brought! so plz share. ^_^

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Originally posted by EVIL_Peach18
heh, and who did u own at only one tourney, kind sir?

oh no... dont worry about not bring it up...its brought! so plz share. ^_^
Bozo and Mr. Squeaky. :D

Wife

Smash Lord
Originally posted by 1337
I win most of the time ,but it is a hard fought match.

DOES Samus beat Peach? And is there anyway i can make my Samus better to beable to beat Peach?
If you win most of the time, then why don't YOU tell US?
I hope everyone is clear, in that this guy wins most of the time, okay? Don't be mistaken, he's asking for help, but he actually still wins almost every match.

D-Man

Smash Apprentice
Not that this thread requires my two cents but

When I play against a Peach (no offense to peach players)

I just wanna break her face in just do what ever to give them h*ll
(only cause i hate to see her victory taunt)

I really just do it cause I hate Peach almost as much as I hate Sheik (and I hate Sheik)

Jasona

Smash Ace
I've been trying to bomb off of the turnips whenever I'm recovering. It seems like it will not only save me from certain horizontal death, but give me an invaluable vertical boost.

EDIT: I never really considered trying to grab them. Can you grab turnips in ball form?

Top Bottom