• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Transforms into Zamus via Final Smash. Confirmed. (Totally Sucks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAPTAIN BUTTS

Smash Cadet
I'm boycotting the game garunteed now. Wavedashing or not, that's just completly stupid. I in no way trust sakurai anymore and I hope he dies.

Items = the only way to play a certain character. You heard it from smashbros.com first folks.

Thanks for ruining my **** week sakurai. Thank you.
Me either, Im just really upset so I figure people wont take this thread literally becaues im sure a lot of ppl are pissed.

*prays*

First fox is blatantly nerfed (check 15 sec movie, check fox's falling speed) and now this crap.
WOW.

Sakurai, you b*stard.

I can't discuss this right now. Everyone else, feel free to. I believe I'll just commit suicide.

~Dac

I REGISTERED AN ACCOUNT JUST TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW HOW DELICIOUS YOUR TEARS ARE.
HOLY JESUS I LOL'D HARD.

Shakezoola

Smash Cadet
The argument against Dylan in a way is really ********. Because no matter what Sakurai does to the game, if you're not into the tourny thing and just want fun, then it isnt going to matter. On the other hand, the way Dylan likes to play is going to be ruined.
The way Dylan wants to play isn't what the game was originally meant to be played like

so if the game plays the WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED TOO ****ING BAD

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
The game is supposed to be fun guys. And with 35+ characters who cares how Zamus turned out.

This really shouldn't be stressful on anyone. What the site says is final, end of story. You can either buy the game when its out, or just be a baby about it and stick with your broken Melee and SSB64 games.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Look what this update made me do! I never have any other character apart from K.Rool on my sig but now look! Im so upset that I am made to change it. *cries*

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
The way Dylan wants to play isn't what the game was originally meant to be played like

Do you know this for a fact? Did you talk to Sakurai and did he say "I totally intend for items to be used always. And people shouldn't have choice in this matter."

Shakezoola

Smash Cadet
No one's saying it does. Just that it adds luck to the game, which is a bad thing. Skill >> luck. Items off. Make sense?
If you're so experienced, adding a handicap for the novices shouldn't be such a big deal then.

Let them have their items, you can beat them anyways. Stop whining about it. If you hate"luck" then welcome to Smash Brothers.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
The game is supposed to be fun guys. And with 35+ characters who cares how Zamus turned out.

This really shouldn't be stressful on anyone. What the site says is final, end of story. You can either buy the game when its out, or just be a baby about it and stick with your broken Melee and SSB64 games.
What if I wanted to play ZSamus in tourneys and that was my way of having fun? Don't just assume that it will be fun just because you do not care about that particular case. Yes, in the big picture, it does not ruin the game, but it does hurt the game.

Forget it Grimwolf, he is ignoring us both. =(

Edit: Thanks Grimwolf

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

If everyone played that way, there would be no dedicated fanbase like the SWF, PERIOD END OF DISCUSSION!!!

So all the real players play it wrong...right. You're managing to insult 99.999% of the frequent posters on these boards, so I suggest you STFU! Tnga or NES N00b, show one of your many vids of you fighting to show how much you would pwn these scrubs, they annoy me. Maybe that will shut em up! ;)

And last I checked, Sakurai is extremely happy there is a dedicated Smasher fanbase. He loves the idea, and likes that people enjoy it that much! So technically, we're playing it right, so there you have it!

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
What if I wanted to play ZSamus in tourneys and that was my way of having fun? Don't just assume that it will be fun just because you do not care about that particular case. Yes, in the big picture, it does not ruin the game, but it does hurt the game.
I completely agree with this. You sir are a good man :)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
You talk abuot the way I play as if I just signed up on this forum with some wacky new rules that no one uses.

Like... more people play by my rules than yours. and ''my'' rules are standard rules... so.. wtf.

If you hate ''luck'' then welcome to smashbros
Wow, you're just mind numbingly ignorant. I don't even need to explain why, it's pretty obvious to the posters out there with brains.

Shakezoola

Smash Cadet
Do you know this for a fact? Did you talk to Sakurai and did he say "I totally intend for items to be used always. And people shouldn't have choice in this matter."
Items are included in the game

items get updated in every incarnation

yes, it was intended to be played with items, or they wouldn't be there at all. You CAN customize it to play without items on Final Destination, but know that it was intended to be suited for crazy party type fighting. Not for oturney play

Anyone who says otherwise is a fool. If it was truly meant to be played the way you people play it, it WOULDNT HAVE ANY OF THE THINGS YOU PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT AND CATER TO YOUR EVERY NEEDS

At least I have a sig.
With a sig like that, I'd prefer to save myself the embarrassment and rather not have one at all.

Your ****ing pathetic

just play the ****ing game. The fact that you honestly wish death upon a man you've never met that supplies your arrogant *** with games to play says something about your lousy character. If this is the best your week had, you need to get out more.

and yes, items ARE how you play the game. This isn't Street Fighter, stop trying to make it that way.
Even though I don't agree with Dylan completely,you still don't need to be a god **** prick.

Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee wasn't created for the sole purpose of conventional play with items,it was created for the variety of gameplay the game can offer.Because the game has standard gameplay options for items doesn't necessarily make the game directed towards a specific audience.

Smash Bros. is a popular game because of the various ways that it can be played.Us,as a community obviously prefer tournament standards in gameplay.Others rather play with items in free-for-all matches that have the random variable set.The tournament community simply wants to have the option to play the game the way they want,and those who don't like competative fighting can stick to the standard gameplay based on Nintendo's marketting demographic.

There is no specific way to play smash bros.As I stated before,Smash's depth=variety.To us,you are playing the game wrong,and to you we are.Items may be considered traditional in the eyes of the general community,but that doesn't make your opinion right just bacause you play the way it's advertised.

We have no problem with the way you play,so why must you have a problem with ours.

We have every right to flame you. You're a tourneytard who's cutting himself because he'll have to use items to play as his favorite fapping object.

Yeah, that's why they put items in the game, idiot.
You have no right to flame anyone.

If anything,we can flame you because you're an itemtard who believes his opinions are correct.What better way to get your opinion heard than to go on a forum dedicated to tournament play and speak your opinions.

Sakurai made this game with everyone in mind,so there is without-a-doubt an option to play with the character in the game without any specific conditions.

Having no fun, and making everything SERIOUS BUSINESS is important to you.

Like your little emo, DBZ fankid friend over there.
Fun? How can you define another personas opinion by your definition of Fun? Fun is completely biased depending on the person.Alot of people may find it fun by having random variables with explosions.Others may find it fun by playing in an organized fashion.We have fun playing the game we do.Why else do you think we would play it?

Find your own definition of fun, douche.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord

what game is played the way its supposed to be? Halo 2 has BXR, thats not intended. Smash has wave dashing, and other stuff, like jump canceled grabs and whatever. MvC2 has SENTINEL and Magneto's ******** infinite. GoW is full of glitches. We'll find out stuff about brawl gauranteed. we'll make it be played outside of its norm with the exploits we are bound to find.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b

yes, it was intended to be played with items, or they wouldn't be there at all. You CAN customize it to play without items on Final Destination, but know that it was intended to be suited for crazy party type fighting. Not for oturney play

Anyone who says otherwise is a fool. If it was truly meant to be played the way you people play it, it WOULDNT HAVE ANY OF THE THINGS YOU PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT AND CATER TO YOUR EVERY NEEDS

With a sig like that, I'd prefer to save myself the embarrassment and rather not have one at all.
You just said there is an off switch. Therefore, items are not the be all way to play and smash can be played more like a traditional fighting game/tourney game (especially with customization of random stages, how many lives and time, the bracket thing that is never used in competative scene but is there anyway, etc.)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nicely said, John. I like the "we're playing it right" part. Excellent execution. lol.
TYVM, and technically there is no way to play SSB wrong, other than cheating, by taking no damage, or like smacking the other persons controllers down, (total mindgames I say, total midngames), lol! :chuckle: N00bs can have fun with items, us more advanced players can tech the hell out of the game, and Wavedash all we want. Everybody wins! :)

@ Wipo
STFU you stupid scrub. Dylan isn't being a scrub, only you anti-no item fools. You play it your way, we play it ours, EVERYBODY WINS! I said it twice, but watever.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff

This is actually incorrect. I for one, have not played with items since the 64 version, all of my friends and I agreed this was the better way. Every single person I've played this game with, even people I met and don't play video games much, all preferred the items off. The game just loses a bit of its competitiveness. And I dunno if its just me, but in a video game or in any game, competition is what makes it more fun.

Without items, the game to me still is a crazy party type fighting game.

Shuma

Smash Hero
*sigh*

This Forum lacks Moderators.

And you guys are just feeding the Trolls.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
Yeah they must be asleep, it would've been locked like 4 pages ago at least =/

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I like the way you people repeatedly go back to "BEAT THAT SCRUB THAT'LL SHOW HIM! YOU'RE BETTER THAN HIM, THAT'LL SOMEHOW PROVE THAT HIS ARGUMENT IS FALSE, EVEN THOUGH GAME SKILL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS AT ALL!"
So you're saying the game doesn't involve skill=??? Boy, Ken and Isai must sure be lucky!

And read my other points!

@ Eternal phoenix Fire
You sir deserve a batch of cookies. Even if it was 5 words...;)

Shakezoola

Smash Cadet
we'll make it be played outside of its norm with the exploits we are bound to find.
glitches?

UH OH GUYS, HERE COMES THE WAVEDASHING IS A GLICTH ARGUMENT

You just said there is an off switch. Therefore, items are not the be all way to play and smash can be played more like a traditional fighting game/tourney game (especially with customization of random stage, how many lives and time, the bracket thing that is never used in competative scene but is there anyway, etc.)
You completely missed my point. It has an off switch, but it...re-read my post.

Read the entire thread, all your questions will be answered

@Ganondude:Nice 1 d00d[/color]

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Dylan does. Anyone who doesn't agree with him is automatically a scrub.
That's soo my new signature it's not even funny. And generally yes people who disagree with me on most things are scrubs.

MOST things, not all things. Plenty of good players disagree with my willingness to boycott brawl and my arrogant nature. But for the basics of smash, yeah I'm pretty much always right, and when I'm wrong I buck up, admit that I was wrong and appologise and learn from my mistakes. The more I do that, the less chance I have of making the same mistake in the future, right?

BOO!!

I've loved his siggy for 2 years, I noticed it before I even signed up ''red eyes indicating pwnage''

Its so random.. but funny and I love it.

I don't see why you have to be a jerk to people. No one's trying to be a jerk to you, unless you count me calling you a scrub, which you are so I'm just being honnest.

Honnesty is a virtue, scrub.

BTW

Eternal Phoenix Fire won the thread. Pack your things up people, nothing to see here. Lets let the scrubs wash the floor with their tears while they read that post and realize how owned they just got.

So you're saying the game doesn't involve skill=??? Boy, Ken and Isai must sure be lucky!

And read my other points!

@ Eternal phoenix Fire
You sir deserve a batch of cookies. Even if it was 5 words...;)
Lol,thanks.I really feel like siding with Dylan for once.

n00bs are so arrogant and retarted.

@Shakezoola: Why quote my post if you have nothing to say? Quit being an idiot.

$ick

Smash Lord
Interesting thread... Sucks so far about Zamus but I'll just hope there's another way to play her. It was fun reading some posts from like 4 people who come to a forum meant to talk about competitive gameplay and say it's just a party game.

Shakezoola

Smash Cadet
So you're saying this argument is about skilled players?

This is actually incorrect. I for one, have not played with items since the 64 version, all of my friends and I agreed this was the better way. Every single person I've played this game with, even people I met and don't play video games much, all preferred the items off. The game just loses a bit of its competitiveness. And I dunno if its just me, but in a video game or in any game, competition is what makes it more fun.

Without items, the game to me still is a crazy party type fighting game.
Again, missed my point completely.

I already said you can play it in your own style, customizing it

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
If the game is supposed to be played with items, how come there's an option to turn it off?
Saying that a game is supposed to be played one way or another is stupid.
Good post ETP between

Also has someone actually reported this flaming (They actually managed to wake me up from my nonposting hybernation :psycho:)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
They don't have internet proxy banning on this forum? That would be SWEET!
Seriously, that is the best idea, EVER! You also deserve a batch of cookies! :)

@ People who are oppose to us NOT playing with items every match
YOu play the game your way, we'll play it ours. Everyone has a good time, everyone wins. End of discussion.
..HOPEFULLY!...

@ ETP
Your welcome! :)

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
I've noticed from Dylan's posts he can be like that, in the beginning he seems like hes being just a total jerk, but as it goes on you notice differently.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
glitches?

UH OH GUYS, HERE COMES THE WAVEDASHING IS A GLICTH ARGUMENT
I never said wave dashing is a glitch bro. I know the story behind it, I know it was discovered in development, I know it was left in because they didn't want to re-write the physics engine. if anything its an exploit, but I'm not about to argue against something I use in my playstyle. glitches are programming bugs, if its left in, and people start using it, its an exploit. take bunnyhopping for example, thats an exploit, not a glitch. same principle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom