• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Transforms into Zamus via Final Smash. Confirmed. (Totally Sucks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
How dare he! Appealing to the sensible, common man, over obsessed losers like you!
well ****, call me a loser. even when I was a scrub and sucked at smash, I still never played with items because I felt that items outweighed skill by adding a huge amount of luck. even my sister who doesn't play seriously cringed at the zero suit samus update. a large amount of the user base doesn't even enjoy items.

P.S. Melee was a party game too, it just happened to grow into what it is now.

Mephianse

Smash Rookie
Maybe after doing Samus Final Smash, ZZS will be avalible as a separate character. It'll be like the way to unlock Samus Zero Suit. That way you don't have to switch items in order to play a specific character

Shuma

Smash Hero
*Reports Mewcario posts*

Ahem, Aniway, i think there might be a way to unlock Zamus as a separate character, perhaps the first time you use the Smash Ball with Samus you unlock her?

I mean, it would be a waste if you can only use her with the Smash Ball.

Edit:

Damm it, beated to it.

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
These have to be some of the most unorganised and unthoughtout posts I have read in awhile.

Seriously. Come one now.

Lauf

Smash Apprentice
Every person on this thread that is upset makes me sad to be on this site.

Sickening is the only word to describe how I feel about some of you.

You complainers need to deal with it. There will be changes. Not everything can and will return. The game wasn't built for just one person, it was built for a mass. The fact that people would say they wish sakurai dead is just incredible. How dare any person on here have the audacity to even claim the game will be bad because "characters fall faster" or that an item is on all the time. Ever thought of the glass being half full too? Right now, I can honestly say that this is smash's darkest hour. When the people who claim to be the truest of fans start acting like this.

I can't even begin to fathom how childish you guys are. No matter what happens to the game, you will all buy it and you know it.

Unbelievable. If you don't like what is happening to brawl you can always still play melee while the true fans continue. Complaining isn't going to solve anything. they won't take what a small fraction consider a problem out to please you.
^ very nicely said dude
I really think that we shouldn't fall this low like really, we only received a small amount of infomation. Samus FS=ZSS, it's only one of the small piece of the puzzle, and we need other pieces of the puzzle to know what the picture really is.

IMO I want to wait until all or most of the information is released before a i make a judgment of brawl.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
Ok, I am not a big poster on these forums nor am I a tourny going smash player, nor am I an exceptional smash player. However, I completely agree with Dylan, when I read the this isnt Gamefaqs, I totally agree. These forums were created for the tournament player base were they not?

Also, God works in mysterious ways they say right? Well if you guys thought Sakurai was like a god before, keep that in mind. Nowhere did it say that Zamus would not be able to be chosen as a separate character or as like in the hold button with sheik thing. I think it is best people cool down about this and wait until we get more updates until you "sell" yourself on not buying a game which you don't know the everything about yet.

Also, I find playing with items on to be horrendously not fun, I dunno if thats just me. But my friends who suck more than me can actually win with items, how is that fun when skill is gone?

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
That's the problem with you guys. You take an innocent, fun game and turn it into **** with your SERIOUS BUSINESS.
It's a party game, not Virtua Figher. It's not made with you obsessed wackos in mind. Get over it.
Who the hell cares that you think this game is innocent? Certainly no one in this competitive smash board. I mean, I find it so funny that some dumb noob wanders in here talking down on others like if what he said actually had any validity.

Most in these boards are passionate about smash, and get upset when we fear something might change it for the worse. In the long run, we may have been right or wrong, but in the meantime we are worried. That's it.

Tourneytard has got to be the most pitiful insult I have ever seen on any message board by the way. I mean if you wanted to project a crippling inferiority complex, then good job, but man is it ever lame. You were not cut out for advanced smash playing, but a lot of us are, and don't expect there to be many people to agree with your nonsense. Beneath Melee's facade of an "innocent kids game" lies an amazingly deep and complex competitive fighting game that rivals even the old competitive fighter standards. If you don't like Smash to be viewed as such, make your own website where you discuss the best way to run around Hyrule Temple for three hours chucking random items at one another. If you don't want to, then please, just get off these boards and go back to making up pokemon or something.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Ok, I am not a big poster on these forums nor am I a tourny going smash player, nor am I an exceptional smash player. However, I completely agree with Dylan, when I read the this isnt Gamefaqs, I totally agree. These forums were created for the tournament player base were they not?

Also, God works in mysterious ways they say right? Well if you guys thought Sakurai was like a god before, keep that in mind. Nowhere did it say that Zamus would not be able to be chosen as a separate character or as like in the hold button with sheik thing. I think it is best people cool down about this and wait until we get more updates until you "sell" yourself on not buying a game which you don't know the everything about yet.

Also, I find playing with items on to be horrendously not fun, I dunno if thats just me. But my friends who suck more than me can actually win with items, how is that fun when skill is gone?
..... Avoid the items and you can win?

But I agree with everything Sakurai will do. He is much more experienced than us in developing and designing games. So I am highly sure he will make it a great game as he did Melee and we will all learn to love it in the end with a few things that will bug us like every game out there.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
It took 5 pages for this thread to derail into flame wars, wow (although if a thread starts off with death threats, then its to be expected really)
I think a lot of people need to calm down. I'd have prefered ZSS to be a seperate character, but this is the way its gonna be and there's no use complaining about it. While I'd have prefered to just pick ZSS straight off from the character select screen, having her appear as a result of final smashes could work out just fine. As many people have pointed out, it could lead to various new strategies forming for Samus.
People do need to remember that the number of casual Smash players far outnumbers the number of hardcore tourney players, and these will be the people Sakurai will be catering for first and foremost. You have got to admit that Samus's final smash is by far the most interesting FS we've seen so far, and will appeal greatly to casual smashers.
So calm down, have a drink of coffee and think about it. As long as the events where ZSS appears occur moderately frequently rather than once in a blue moon, I'm fine with it. And it still doesn't 100% rule out the possibility of ZSS being an unlockable character anyway (but thats probably clutching at straws)

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
What do you mean?

We all know what it is. It's not as if any of us here have never played any of the games.

You can play however the hell you want to play the game. I used to go around Peaches castle in 64 and act king.

It's when you start telling people that YOUR way of playing the game is the RIGHT way and start insulting others who don't play the "right" way and gloating that your way is the "veteran" and more "skilled" way that it becomes annoying, like your ***got DBZ friend over there.

"YOUR A ****ING SCRUB SCRUB SHUT UP SCRUB I COULD BEAT YOU SCRUB SCRUB"

and start *****ing about how the game doesn't cater to YOUR *******ization of the game when it becomes annoying.

"**** I CANT PLAY HOW I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME AND MUST PLAY THE WAY IT WAS INTENDED TO BE"

If you want a tourney game, pay Street Fighter
You better not be implying that I told anyone how to play this game.

What I mean for the first statement: With all the customizable features and stuff, it seemed that we could play the game however we want. Maybe that was the intention, but do we really know the intention of how Sakurai invisioned the game to be played? I do not think so personally.

Also, what is with people saying traditional fighters have to be torney games? Back in the day, I played Street Fighter with friends and didn't know any better. Are you telling me that it was meant to only be used in tourneys? Definitely not.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I don't see what you're proving here, aside from the fact there are gatherings where people come to play, that you tourney***s probably ruin by demanding Final Destination, no items and wash dashing your way to victory.
MLG is ''major league gaming''

which means smash was an official tournament game, and the rules were set by a staff. These rules are basically 4 stocks, no items, with these stages

Note that Final Destination is one of many stages. A big part of the tournament game is actually about counterpicking stages.

I'm just trying to be friendly and educate you, because you're obviously very ignorant and most likely a child.

You can play however the hell you want to play the game. I used to go around Peaches castle in 64 and act king.

It's when you start telling people that YOUR way of playing the game is the RIGHT way and start insulting others who don't play the "right" way and gloating that your way is the "veteran" and more "skilled" way that it becomes annoying, like your ***got DBZ friend over there.
I can understand why it's annoying, but I only get pissed because people like mewcario start insulting the way I among THOUSANDS of other people play SSBM.

Why do I resort like that? Because they are scrubs, and items on or off I could beat them. I know because I play the **** game all the time with people who know how to play it, where as the casual gamer who despite never having been to a tournament feels the need to insult the scene has no skill whatsoever.

well ****, call me a loser. even when I was a scrub and sucked at smash, I still never played with items because I felt that items outweighed skill by adding a huge amount of luck. even my sister who doesn't play seriously cringed at the zero suit samus update. a large amount of the user base doesn't even enjoy items.
And it's true. Items mess around with who's better than who and make luck a factor in winning.

If you rely on such crutches, how will you ever improve? I prefer to play someone who can beat me with ease and learn from them.

reports mewcarios posts
Nicely done, I hope he's banned soon.

That would be impossible as Dylan is an incredibly easy troll target and well known emo ***got.
Meh, I enjoy pwning scrubs, what can I say. Real people or tr0ll, matters not. It's all the same anyway.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
Maybe after doing Samus Final Smash, ZZS will be avalible as a separate character. It'll be like the way to unlock Samus Zero Suit. That way you don't have to switch items in order to play a specific character
I was thinking this too, although I'm not completely sold on the idea in my head.

Shakezoola

Smash Cadet
You better not be implying that I told anyone how to play this game.
I implied that many tourney***s do so. I've met many, believe me

What I mean for the first statement: With all the customizable features and stuff, it seemed that we could play the game however we want. Maybe that was the intention, but do we really know the intention of how Sakurai invisioned the game to be played? I do not think so personally.
Like I already said, play it how you want, it's when...ugh, just re-read my post. It pretty much sums up my hate for tourney***s.

Also, what is with people saying traditional fighters have to be torney games? Back in the day, I played Street Fighter with friends and didn't know anybetter. Are you telling me that it was meant to only be used in tourneys? Definitely not.
No, but it's perfect for tourney play and is suited for it. Smash on the other hand...

Shuma

Smash Hero
lol, /v/ is going Ape****.

I know at least 5 from this thread know what i mean.

Shakezoola

Smash Cadet
I swear, you people act as if items mean an immediate K-O

you people must suck if you can't dodge an item or get back at a person after a KO

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
No, but it's perfect for tourney play and is suited for it. Smash on the other hand...
Smash on the other hand.... has a semi-huge tournament scene that still thrives today.

It's a great game.

+

Who wins and who loses is decided by skill

=

Competitive game.

my hate for tourney***s.
You are one bitter, sad person. Why do you let tournament players bother you if tournament play isn't your style?

You're certainly not going to convince people who are better than you at smash to play a different way so just play your own way and dont get so upset.

I swear, you people act as if items mean an immediate K-O

you people must suck if you can't dodge an item or get back at a person after a KO
Sometimes items are an immediate KO (hammer)

Trust me, items on, any serious tournament player will still 3-4 stock you with ease. With his mastery of his character's moveset you wont even be allowed time enough to pick up an item, let alone use one.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
Why is everyone fighting so hard for Zamus? There's going to be like, 40 characters in the game so why not enjoy what Samus can do and move on.

Samus's final can probably KO anyone in one shot, so it would make sense if she became weaker out of it. Zero Suit really isn't that good in her game, Samus is the real powerhouse in the series.

For all you know some of you might not even like her! The game isn't out yet and some of you are trying to boycott it. What a bunch of killjoys....

Wipo

Smash Rookie
the casual gamer who despite never having been to a tournament feels the need to insult the scene has no skill whatsoever.
You're talking about this as if it was some sort of religion. You DO realise it's a game right?

Shakezoola

Smash Cadet
I can understand why it's annoying, but I only get pissed because people like mewcario start insulting the way I among THOUSANDS of other people play SSBM.
Now you know how it feels :(. Also because of your constant *****ing at how the game doesnt cater to YOUR needs etc etc etc.

Why do I resort like that? Because they are scrubs...
ugh, and there you go...

And it's true. Items mess around with who's better than who and make luck a factor in winning.
Cant dodge item, suck, etc

If you rely on such crutches, how will you ever improve? I prefer to play someone who can beat me with ease and learn from them.
Then find another game :psycho:

Meh, I enjoy pwning scrubs
fite me

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
You are one bitter, sad person.
You shouldn't be talking.

If you're really going to let something like this keep you from buying the game altogether, then maybe you should get over it and stop flaming everybody else.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b

Reread the thing but I did have to argue with the above quote. Smash right now is a perfectly valid tourney game. The series has been since the ssb64. Melee was an upgrade for both the casual players and the tourney goers in that it provided deeper experiences for both. Now, tourney goers are now worried that Brawl will be less deep for them. Why can't they have a say in how they want Smash to play? Especially since Sakurai purposely made the Melee engine more deep for competitive play with Di, airdodging, more moves, etc. Maybe you are not implying that tourney goers don't have a say, but why can't Sakurai just please both the casual gamer and them. Tekken, Street Fighter, and other fighters do that. Why can't Sakurai?

Also, Sakurai might have wanted to make a tourney valid game. He did make the engine deeper. We will never know though.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
You're talking about this as if it was some sort of religion. You DO realise it's a game right?
No comment. Please point out where I talk about melee as if I worship it in any other way than as a game I love to play?

And for the last time the ''death threats'' thing was an obvious joke, its the internet and I was annoyed, jeez.

me said:
you said:
Then find another game
That doesn't make any sense. I said I prefer fighting people better than me as it gives me a chance to improve my game. Why... would I want to give up smash for another game if I have a mindset geared towards self improvement?

Then find another game
They're CLEARLY flaming me. I'm just calling em scrubs because they fit the classic definition. I'm not getting vulgar or anything.

Am...am I allowed to defend myself? Jeez.

Shakezoola

Smash Cadet
Smash on the other hand.... has a semi-huge tournament scene that still thrives today.

It's a great game.

+

Who wins and who loses is decided by skill

=

Competitive game.
Yes, but the game in it's original form is far from being suited for tourney play. A game like Street Fighter though can easily be picked up and played in tournaments without bastar-dising it.

You are one bitter, sad person. Why do you let tournament players bother you if tournament play isn't your style?
do you people read the entire ****ing post?

color=orange]It's when you start telling people that YOUR way of playing the game is the RIGHT way and start insulting others who don't play the "right" way and gloating that your way is the "veteran" and more "skilled" way that it becomes annoying, like your ***got DBZ friend over there.

"YOUR A ****ING SCRUB SCRUB SHUT UP SCRUB I COULD BEAT YOU SCRUB SCRUB"

and start *****ing about how the game doesn't cater to YOUR *******ization of the game when it becomes annoying.

"**** I CANT PLAY HOW I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME AND MUST PLAY THE WAY IT WAS INTENDED TO BE"
You're certainly not going to convince people who are better than you at smash to play a different way so just play your own way and dont get so upset.
That's not what I...

Trust me, items on, any serious tournament player will still 3-4 stock you with ease. With his mastery of his character's moveset you wont even be allowed time enough to pick up an item, let alone use one.

Then stop ****ing *****ing about it like it decides the winner

Shakezoola

Smash Cadet
call for /b/ackup?
/b/ ****ing sucks *** and now represents myspace, Gaia, etc

I love it when I get the team attack thing going on me by like 4 different people with under 30 posts each.
POST COUNT!=WISDOM AND INTELLIGENCE!

I could get a genius to argue with you and it end with "lol n00b post count etc"

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
The argument against Dylan in a way is really ********. Because no matter what Sakurai does to the game, if you're not into the tourny thing and just want fun, then it isnt going to matter. On the other hand, the way Dylan likes to play is going to be ruined.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Then stop ****ing *****ing about it like it decides the winner
No one's saying it does. Just that it adds luck to the game, which is a bad thing. Skill >> luck. Items off. Make sense?

You should try to type without swearing so much by the way or you'll never be taken seriously, as you seem to want to be

do you people read the entire ****ing post?
I dont ****ing know. But maybe. just ****ing maybe if you ****ing tried typing like a normal **** human being you *** *********** than perhaps we could ****ing read your god**** ****ing ****ed up posts!

:p

The argument against Dylan in a way is really ********. Because no matter what Sakurai does to the game, if you're not into the tourny thing and just want fun, then it isnt going to matter. On the other hand, the way Dylan likes to play is going to be ruined.
Good point. Plus I'm not flaming people left and right and using the f-word every 2nd sentence.

Yeah I was angry when this thread got made, we all were. So I can see why my first post was flamebait.

But ya I'm really just on the defensive here. I'm trying to do it without resorting to crude behaviour.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Tnag+Blackshadow=pwnage! That cracks me up, yoou two are pwning n00bs to so much they don't even know they are getting pwned! :laugh:

Anyways, I think that if you hold A, like with Zelda/Shiek, you can be ZSS. I'ver reached that conclusion, and I'm pretty sure that will happen, or something like that. Hopefully in a near future update Sakurai will explain it all.

O, and item n00bs STFU. You told me on the Smashbros.com thread you said basically real players use items...well we don't. Does any of the top 100 players use items in even 1/100ths of there matches=??? NO!!!! Some items are cool (bumper, beam sword, proxy mine), but most of them are overpowered abominations, or server no purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom