• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Transforms into Zamus via Final Smash. Confirmed. (Totally Sucks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakezoola

Smash Cadet
Your ****ing pathetic

just play the ****ing game. The fact that you honestly wish death upon a man you've never met that supplies your arrogant *** with games to play says something about your lousy character. If this is the best your week had, you need to get out more.

and yes, items ARE how you play the game. This isn't Street Fighter, stop trying to make it that way.

I'll stick with real smash,
as opposed to "fake" smash?

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
wow Sakurai has been really playing with a bunch of peoples heads lately. finally deconfirming Deoxys. deconfirming Samurai Goroh putting in an animal crossing stage thus making people believe a character will be playble. if people would not have read to much into it the answer was always there in the trailer. it's too bad though. i dont play in serious tournaments so it doesnt bother me that much. unless i decide to turn items off. i guess the saying is true expect the unexpected. especially when it comes to Sakurai.

Mewcario

Banned via Administration
Sakurai wants us to be with items.... and thats never going to happen so I guess we can kiss Zamus goodbye. She had alot of potential to become a good character and I was actually thinking of maining her if K.Rool didnt make it. Ohhh well I guess I should have know from the first trailer this would have happend.
Or, you know, you can probably pick her from the start by holding A or pressing B anyway. That, or play with items, you tourneytard.
Sorry you can't deal with unpredictability, but that's how the game is supposed to be played.

But you know, I'll have fun either way. You can go wallow in your own misery as you play Melee Final Destination + No items for the millionth time.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Your ****ing pathetic

just play the ****ing game. The fact that you honestly wish death upon a man you've never met that supplies your arrogant *** with games to play says something about your lousy character. If this is the best your week had, you need to get out more.

First off, you have NO place flaming like that, especially on your first post. You keep that up and you won't be able to stick around to talk about how ''pro'' you're gonna be is when brawl comes out.

and yes, items ARE how you play the game. This isn't Street Fighter, stop trying to make it that way
No, they aren't. And if they were on, I'd still 4 stock you in either ssb64 or melee. Seriously Ill money match any n00b who wants items on anyday. I just wont let you have any of them and I dont have to work at edgeguarding, sounds fine to me.

Worst update ever, and no I dont seriously wish death on sakurai. Way to take the internet literally.

But you know, I'll have fun either way. You can go wallow in your own misery as you play Melee Final Destination + No items for the millionth time.
Oh god not another one. Not another one...

You're bitter, and you're a scrub. You sucked at melee and now you wanna come talk on the brawlboards and laugh about how the game is changing for the worse because you never had any success before.

By the way, even if I don't play brawl, or other people don't. Many people will, especially people who were good at melee. These people will still continue to be 500x better than you and items will remain off in tournaments.

How do I know all this? Your kind has been encountered 200000000 times on this forum before.

iankobe

Smash Lord
Or, you know, you can probably pick her from the start by holding A or pressing B anyway. That, or play with items, you tourneytard.
Sorry you can't deal with unpredictability, but that's how the game is supposed to be played.

Well, I guess in that case, if we were to have Brawl tournaments, we'll be playing with more than 4 stocks ALONG with items then huh?

Can us smashers adapt to this change?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I was about 75% right about this whole thing.. I got the FS right as the huge beam.. But I wasn't expecting him to add the.. Transformation to ZSS into the game. I was neutral on it, and I don't care either way. I was suprised he did it and hes not going to change it (Or I don't think so). You can try to boycott it, but I'm still going to get this game when it comes out.

Also.. please stop whining... Just don't buy the game and don't play it if you feel that way. We're not forcing you to play it.

mattk210

Smash Cadet
hmm, I just thought of a possible solution. What if when you're in that cloud respawn platform, you can press A to switch between samus and zamus and then stay like that until you die again?

So we could play as Samus/Zamus without items... i think it's a good, and plausible idea.

EDIT: and the final smash would just be a way to switch from samus to zamus or vice versa without dying

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
lol... i think we have to calm down... we haven't all the information that we need to worry about it!! (i'm still being positive)... I trust in Sakurai (i'm cheating myself) just calm down (no I can't) maybe and possibly there is another way to transform into Zamus, that's for sure (I'm still cheating myself but... I conserve the hope) lol

Akuryou

Smash Cadet

Didn't think it was possible to be elitist about being bad at the game, but you seem to be doing a great job of it. This is a board for competitive smashers, by competitive smashers, and having things come 99% down to player skill is important to us.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I'm not boycotting this game...but now I feel crushed. I loved playing samus in 64 and in melee, granted I never mained samus, I had alot of fun playing as her. I was seriously looking forward to zsamus, and I was about to main her as well...now I'm not so sure...I might go back to just playing fox and mario again....I might give pit a swing I guess...but I don't know what to think now...I'm with Dac and Dylan....

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
The best possible update for tomorrow would be "Zero Suit Samus: Final Smash", and at the end it says "but wait, I thought there was only one Smash ball? How do you turn to ZS Samus and then get another one?". "Well, since there IS only one final smash per match, there must be another way to play without armor..."

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
Every person on this thread that is upset makes me sad to be on this site.

Sickening is the only word to describe how I feel about some of you.

You complainers need to deal with it. There will be changes. Not everything can and will return. The game wasn't built for just one person, it was built for a mass. The fact that people would say they wish sakurai dead is just incredible. How dare any person on here have the audacity to even claim the game will be bad because "characters fall faster" or that an item is on all the time. Ever thought of the glass being half full too? Right now, I can honestly say that this is smash's darkest hour. When the people who claim to be the truest of fans start acting like this.

I can't even begin to fathom how childish you guys are. No matter what happens to the game, you will all buy it and you know it.

Unbelievable. If you don't like what is happening to brawl you can always still play melee while the true fans continue. Complaining isn't going to solve anything. they won't take what a small fraction consider a problem out to please you.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ha. Being positive, I see. You know he submits things "out of order," so maybe he'll release how you get back to suited samus later on.

BTW, Mark... I agree. It's gonna change. I mean, I loved the way people were thrown on 64. Then they changed it. And when I wanted to have fun with items... I couldn't cause they changed the bumper, the hammer, and pretty much everything else.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Having no fun, and making everything SERIOUS BUSINESS is important to you.

Like your little emo, DBZ fankid friend over there.
First off, I'm not emo. 2nd of all, I'm not a DBZ fan. Would you stop assuming you know something about a person based on an avatar?

Dude, people who are good at smash (unlike you) actually have a lot of fun. Tournaments are more jokes than anything, but the people who play are passionate about how they play it.

These people can also beat you in any form of smash, items on or off just because they play it and enjoy it so much.

Tourneytard is a great one by the way, Id much rather be one than a scrub.

Shakezoola

Smash Cadet
First off, you have NO place flaming like that, especially on your first post. You keep that up and you won't be able to stick around to talk about how ''pro'' you're gonna be is when brawl comes out.
Haha, who gives a **** about my god **** post count? I can have -5 posts and still make a much better point that someone who spams the forums.

No, they aren't.
I guess that's why they were including in the game

You're bitter, and you're a scrub. You sucked at melee and now you wanna come talk on the brawlboards and laugh about how the game is changing for the worse because you never had any success before.
SOMEONE HAS A CASE OF ELITISM

HEY GUIS THE GAME ISNT SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED WITH WHAT WAS IMPLEMENTED IN IT AND WITH SOMETHING THAT KEEPS GETTING UPDATED

items

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
Every person on this thread that is upset makes me sad to be on this site.

Sickening is the only word to describe how I feel about some of you.

You complainers need to deal with it. There will be changes. Not everything can and will return. The game wasn't built for just one person, it was built for a mass. The fact that people would say they wish sakurai dead is just incredible. How dare any person on here have the audacity to even claim the game will be bad because "characters fall faster" or that an item is on all the time. Ever thought of the glass being half full too? Right now, I can honestly say that this is smash's darkest hour. When the people who claim to be the truest of fans start acting like this.

I can't even begin to fathom how childish you guys are. No matter what happens to the game, you will all buy it and you know it.

Unbelievable. If you don't like what is happening to brawl you can always still play melee while the true fans continue. Complaining isn't going to solve anything. they won't take what a small fraction consider a problem out to please you.
PRETTY WELL TOLD!

Akuryou

Smash Cadet
Having no fun, and making everything SERIOUS BUSINESS is important to you.

Like your little emo, DBZ fankid friend over there.
If to you, being serious about something means being unable to enjoy it, I seriously pity you. Sounds like a horrible way to go through life.

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
I'm not boycotting this game...but now I feel crushed. I loved playing samus in 64 and in melee, granted I never mained samus, I had alot of fun playing as her. I was seriously looking forward to zsamus, and I was about to main her as well...now I'm not so sure...I might go back to just playing fox and mario again....I might give pit a swing I guess...but I don't know what to think now...I'm with Dac and Dylan....
You know you can still play samus. Just don't grab the smash ball...

Tonjevic

Smash Rookie
Ugh... I'm disgusted at the state of this thread.

First off, Mew and Dylan need to stop slagging eachother out. This is a discussion forum. Flaming has no place here.

Secondly, *****ing and insulting sakurai and writing off Brawl as **** because of ONE gameplay mechanic is totally insane. Not only has nobody tried the game out to see if it's done and balanced well, but people don't know what other things are going to happen in regards to Zero Suit Samus.

If the loss of ONE character as easily playable is that big of an issue, I suggest you reasses what's logical and what's not, because this reaction is certainly not warranted, especially when the character in question is a little-known version of samus that really, in the long run, isn't as kick-arse as the ordinary samus.

It's probably because she has boobs and a skin-tight suit, actually. This wouldn't be the reaction if it were Master Chief without his suit. Not by a long shot. People would complain about that, in fact.

Personally, I'm not begruding Sakurai for it, and I really can't blame him if that's the design choice that he's taken. Who knows? Maybe Sakurai is actually an experienced developer after all. Maybe he DOES know how to make games.

But then, I'm not a slobbering fanboy.

JPW

Smash Ace
I actually think this works out quite nicely.

I believe this can actually grow on you.

This opens up a whole new bunch of questions now.
Why was Zamus noted as Newcomer if she is only achieved by a final Smash.

I've worked out a pretty good idea of how this works though.
Samus seems to be a do or die situation here. Because we have seen more and more shots of Zamus as a character, more than Samus. It is a possible suggestion once the the final smash is released The Power suit is gone for the rest of the match, and you continue as Zamus.

Now you could come back as Samus by dying as Zamus that could happen, but say you released the final smash when Samus was in trouble, what are the chances you getting a fair go with Zamus if right after you switch you get knocked off into the air.

It's just this line that possibly suggests it's all over for the Power Suit
That really was her last trump card. She used a weapon so powerful, it destroyed her Power Suit.
Sakurai also did say Zamus can only be played under a certain condition.

There's only one way this backfires horribly, people don't use the final Smash as Samus and Samus is considered a dud character. Now as I said i'm not disappointed and i'm going to take full advantage of this.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry about it Dylan, if it's that big of an attack and that permanent of a change, then Zero Suit Samus will probably be low-teir anyways.
I guess, I've never really played a tournament without items on, I dunno. Generally the people I play against aren't that good, but when I get to a tournament, man it's fun. All of the rolling dodges we do trying to catch each other, and then when an item explodes and one guy dies we all have a good laugh ^_^

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
You know you can still play samus. Just don't grab the smash ball...
I want to play zsamus though, and if there is only one chance to get to play a character per match the chances of me actually maining such a character is very hard to complete. I'm just disappointed, thats all.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Why can't people be outraged that they can't play a character without an item? It doesn't even have to be tourney person specific. What if a person wanted to play zero suit but not Samus> He would have to get this rare smash ball item or change the item switch and stuff just to play that character. I can see where everyone is coming from, but I do not believe that this is the only way to be Zero suit. My reasoning is that it would be impracticle to make a character movesets without that character having a chance to be used regularly.

Unfortunately, I can't read Sakurai's mind. Everyone will have to find out how all these uncofirmed things worked out. We just need to have faith. :(

Shuma

Smash Hero
Pft, now i like the Update, it adds variety to Samus, variety is good, i just need to learn how to main Zamus.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Evidenced by your unstable outbursts over nothing, yes, you are.
Yeah, I've been playing smash since it came out and I reacted to an update that shows Sakurai is trying to please newbies rather than vetern gamers. This does not indicate what kind of lifestyle I lead or what kind of music I listen to.

I'm not gonna defend myself here, you're pathetic already for lowering yourself to personal attacks on an internet forum. Great debating skills, kid.

Why would you have an avatar of something you dislike?
Didn't say I disliked it, just that I'm not a DBZ fan. I just kind of like DBZ because it makes me laugh and some of the fight scenes arent half bad.

They can beat me at smash, that totally proves every point you're trying to make.
That's how it works in video games. When I sucked at smash I didn't even SIGN UP on these forums out of respect, which apparantly you don't have.

This isn't gamefaqs. This is Smashboards. Get educated.

Scrub is a good one, rather be that then a petty, obsessed emo who's crying over Fox falling faster.
Fox falls slower now and that's why I think he's nerfed. See? You don't know jack about melee so why are you even posting?

You should stop typing, and start reading. There may be hope for you yet, otherwise you should just stop posting here because you won't last long.

Sure you'll have a bit of fame with the ''I hate Dylan_Tnga'' scrub fanclub in the brawl section, but the brawl section is just about it. And we've got mookierah on firecontrol along with a few other intelligent posters so this scrub uprising will be quelled shortly.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
OK seriously Mewcario? Shut the **** up. In case you haven't noticed, this is a forum for COMPETITIVE smash. If you have the nerve to join this forum claiming that we're all "tourneytards" and that we're emos and such, you have no place here. Go heave your *** back to the Nsider forums.

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
Look, stop arguing. You got your point across so this is over kill.

Just stop. Totally pointless.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
That's the problem with you guys. You take an innocent, fun game and turn it into **** with your SERIOUS BUSINESS.
It's a party game, not Virtua Figher. It's not made with you obsessed wackos in mind. Get over it.
Why do you pretend to know what the game is about? If I want to play it as a fighter and not a party game, that is my own personal preference. You cannot tell me or anyone else how to play a game or what the game was intended to be.

Let's stop with the personal insults everyone please. I don't really care in the end, but other people might.

Edit: Maybe he is serious because he wants to have fun with the game? Just a thought.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
OK seriously Mewcario? Shut the **** up. In case you haven't noticed, this is a forum for COMPETITIVE smash. If you have the nerve to join this forum claiming that we're all "tourneytards" and that we're emos and such, you have no place here. Go heave your *** back to the Nsider forums.

QFT. That or gamefaqs.

How dare he! Appealing to the sensible, common man, over obsessed losers like you!
Who's the bigger loser? The guy who plays smash competitivly and with his friends with the goal to improve his skills and posts about it on smashboards, or the guy who signs up to make fun of him?

wow, you're cool. Can I hang out with you when you're old enough to drink? Go away...

Great wrist cutting skills, emo.
Your wit never fails to impress. Everyone on the forum is sitting at their chairs reading that post like '"Dang, that guy just said something totally original and critical to the debate''

except they're actually thinking ''omg.. ban plz?''

LOL, E-RESPECT
Scary as it sounds, the internet does serve as a means of human communication. Respect and polite behaviour are a part of human society, you fail at both.

That's the problem with you guys. You take an innocent, fun game and turn it into **** with your SERIOUS BUSINESS.
It's a party game, not Virtua Figher. It's not made with you obsessed wackos in mind. Get over it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pseqstff5Go

Look at all those obsessed wackos, enjoying themselves playing a competitive fighting game that works as a competitive fighter due to it's large demands in skill.

HOW DARE THEY?! TOURNEYTARD EMOS!!!

WHEN BRAWL COMES OUT U'LL ALL C

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
Dylan, just be a bigger person and disregard the scrub.

He is beyond help. Everyone has their own opinion, he is just taking it to the next level.
He will be gone soon :p

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It doesn't really bother me.

I hope for the sake of those who play in tourneys there's another way, though.

Still y'all are overreacting.

"I hope he dies!"
"I'm boycotting this game!"

WTF? Seriously. It's just one thing from the game, you haven't even played it!

Shakezoola

Smash Cadet
Why do you pretend to know what the game is about?
What do you mean?

We all know what it is. It's not as if any of us here have never played any of the games.

If I want to play it as a fighter and not a party game, that is my own personal preference. You cannot tell me or anyone else how to play a game or what the game was intended to be.
You can play however the hell you want to play the game. I used to go around Peaches castle in 64 and act king.

It's when you start telling people that YOUR way of playing the game is the RIGHT way and start insulting others who don't play the "right" way and gloating that your way is the "veteran" and more "skilled" way that it becomes annoying, like your ***got DBZ friend over there.

"YOUR A ****ING SCRUB SCRUB SHUT UP SCRUB I COULD BEAT YOU SCRUB SCRUB"

and start *****ing about how the game doesn't cater to YOUR *******ization of the game when it becomes annoying.

"**** I CANT PLAY HOW I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME AND MUST PLAY THE WAY IT WAS INTENDED TO BE"

If you want a tourney game, pay Street Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom