• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Gameplay Videos

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
NICE! Finally the 1st place you've been hunting for. You missiled the hell out of that bowser in the final set, when I saw you go for the Missile -> CS kill confirm I was thinking FJ! FJ!

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
NICE! Finally the 1st place you've been hunting for. You missiled the hell out of that bowser in the final set, when I saw you go for the Missile -> CS kill confirm I was thinking FJ! FJ!
Thank you! I still have some basic things to iron out and getting nervous makes me not capitalize/react optimally. (Landing poorly, random UpB and breaking a shield on Lylat and almost missing a punish lol) Edge guarding was a little sloppy at times where I could have sealed the deal. I wish my other matches were on stream I was using bombs pretty well and broke a few more shields!

I have another tournament on the 30th which averages about 90 people so looking forward to carrying the momentum over to that!

Last edited:

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice
major props to Depth, did great in this match. Saj is pretty intense though

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Wow...you can witch time zair and it'll catch Samus, even though zair isn't a hurtbox. That's dumb as bricks. Luckily most Bayos don't seem to attempt it.

Last edited:

samosa

Smash Cadet
Wow...you can witch time zair and it'll catch Samus, even though zair isn't a hurtbox. That's dumb as bricks. Luckily most Bayos don't seem to attempt it.
At max range samus can shield before they can do anything so its not that bad

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Depth's neutral Movement got much better. Extended Dashdancing is on my practice list, I can only do like 3 in a row. Much harder than PPs.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
At max range samus can shield before they can do anything so its not that bad
Actually you want to spot dodge, if you're aiming for the combo window you're very close to the ground and you can always get a spotdodge out making you completely immune for the duration.
I've still yet to fight a good bayonetta on for-glory, or a good cloud for that matter. I have a long trail of their online corpses. I may need to go to a tournament to find one.

This should probably go into the matchup thread but a few things:
Bombs in neutral are decent vs. her heel slide starter, as they stuff any follow up as well.
Also - we can grab bayonetta out of her side-b when she's recovering if she goes for an unsafe side-b to ledge. If she has no jump at that point, no pummels and just grab release and she's dead. Sounds crazy but it's really, really fun to do.
We can't challenge witch twist with d-air, it's way too disjointed, but you CAN bomb the ledgesnap into d-air. This is something I mentioned a while ago that I wanted to include into my 1.1.5 update for the combo video.
I'll take some quick video tonight to show you guys, it's essential vs. otherwise un-punisheable recoveries like teleporters and giant hitboxes of doom.

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
That set was fantastic! I deff have to learn how to move that crisp! Jaw hit the floor.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Here's another set from me against Marth/Captain Falcon:

:4samus: 3 - 0 :4marth:/:4falcon:

I take this set 3-0 but it's far from perfect. I was rolling WAY too much for some reason, and my charge shots were way too predictable at times and kept getting power shielded. Maybe I was a bit tired or something, I dunno. I was a bit annoyed with myself in game 3 that I let him bring it back after I got myself a pretty large lead, thanks to a bad mistake that resulted in a stock loss from a ledge regrab.

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
It's got some gameplay, some combo and some matchup XP, not sure where to put this but I mentioned it earlier, here's how I bomb the ledgesnap.
I'll throw it in the compendium, which I needs quite a few threads and links added from the past many months.

MegaRiff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaRiff
It's got some gameplay, some combo and some matchup XP, not sure where to put this but I mentioned it earlier, here's how I bomb the ledgesnap.
I'll throw it in the compendium, which I needs quite a few threads and links added from the past many months.

This is awesome. I tend to use bombs on ledge and uptilt. So this will definitely help with mix ups!

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer

Great video, I've been trying to incorporate this into my gameplay recently as well.

One thing that needs to be noted is this won't work on Sonic, unless you catch his 2-frame at the point where he grabs the ledge. His up b is actually completely invincible for the majority of the move (he's only vulnerable in the first 3 frames, and the last 2 frames when he ledge grabs).

Last edited:

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
I like Up Tilt too as it means you don't have to sacrifice stage control
Yeah I tend to prefer up tilt, I think I'm getting pretty good at catching the 2 frame. But I'll still go offstage now and then as a mixup option.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521

In addition:

Ampheras

Smash Cadet
Three matches I would want opinions on

First, a ditto with some knew brazilian Samus main I found out. Feat 0 to death.

Dittos again with my cousin, feat best end of all times (no it wasnt on purpose)

And a cool reckt

cox1121

Smash Cadet
I took a game off of Vinnie yesterday on stream with Samus, anyone know how to rip it off of twitch so I can upload it? I forgot to save it to the Wii U.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
I took a game off of Vinnie yesterday on stream with Samus, anyone know how to rip it off of twitch so I can upload it? I forgot to save it to the Wii U.
You can't "rip" it off twitch, but you can give us a link to the archive video. Unless the organiser is planning on uploading the videos separately to youtube that's your best option.

To find the archives, go to twitch.tv/<channel name>/profile/past_broadcasts and find the relevant vod in that list. Click the little gear icon at the bottom right of the video when you mouse over it and select to "Copy Video URL at Current Time". Then you can paste that into here.

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Afro Smash said:
I like Up Tilt too as it means you don't have to sacrifice stage control
Of course you have to mix it up all ledge guarding is read based outside of a few extremely predictable recoveries. But some characters' ledge snap can't be hit by a stage-based up-tilt after the bomb impact (say palutena, but Marth in my slow-motion example clearly can). The Up-tilt hitbox doesn't always go deep enough. D-tilt hits more, but it doesn't kill of course. The combo window is wide enough that you have a brief moment to think on stage if it's going to hit or not, often if I see the bomb timing is way off I just won't go for it.

Ampheras Ampheras nice movement in general from both players, good attempts at crouch canceled jab - dtilt combos. It wasn't in fact a zero-2-death, a nice kill string but you did get hit in between - so it doesn't count as a zero 2 death. I'm particular about such things :p

C cox1121 If you want a hard copy for yourself I suggest using a video screen capture program. I use kazam on ubuntu linux for instance. There's a lot of free software out there.

Last edited:

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Last edited:

MegaRiff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaRiff
Hey guys. Just wanted your thoughts on these matches. I felt pretty good about them, but if there's anything you think I can improve on, do let me know!

Last edited:

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
Hey guys. Just wanted your thoughts on these matches. I felt pretty good about them, but if there's anything you think I can improve on, do let me know!

Be careful on the FSmashes! The cloud match you threw out about 10 and only 2 connected. There's just so much lag behind that if you miss people (especially cloud) will punish!

That first section against Yoshi fantastic tho! The Dair>Uair>SM trap>CS was pop off status! The rest of the match however you seemed to be throwing out moves and getting caught by everything. Be careful on the bombs when so close to him. He was able to rack up quick % catching you.

MegaRiff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaRiff
Be careful on the FSmashes! The cloud match you threw out about 10 and only 2 connected. There's just so much lag behind that if you miss people (especially cloud) will punish!

That first section against Yoshi fantastic tho! The Dair>Uair>SM trap>CS was pop off status! The rest of the match however you seemed to be throwing out moves and getting caught by everything. Be careful on the bombs when so close to him. He was able to rack up quick % catching you.
Yeah I am still having trouble with inputting dash attacks. Most of those fsmashes were meant to be dash attacks. I've noticed that most of the damage an opponent does on me begins with my input errors. I think if I can iron those out, I'll notice a difference.

I'll try and be more careful with the bombs. I think I overuse them from time to time.

Thanks for the input!

Last edited:

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
Yeah I am still having trouble with inputting dash attacks. Most of those fsmashes were meant to be dash attacks. I've noticed that most of the damage an opponent does on me begins with my input errors. I think if I can iron those out, I'll notice a difference.

I'll try and be more careful with the bombs. I think I overuse them from time to time.

Thanks for the input!
The FSmashes as a failed Dash were a HUGE problem with me as well! Try to use CStick Down as your Dash. It makes that not happen at all. It's been a God send.
:GCL:/:GCR:+:GCCD:

Last edited:

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone shared this yet? Probably the most entertaining doubles sets I've seen

Last edited:

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
The day after Albion we had a weekly in london, I got a set with S1 on stream (Best European Ness). We both show some MU inexperience at first but the set gets better as it goes on, especially for me past the first 2 minutes!

Crystanium

Smash Hero

This is Uffe vs. Dryn. (That's me.) I won a few matches, but my brother didn't save those. :/ There's more to come, though.

Here's another one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom