• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus' Daughter Dashes Guide, now includes pictures for the SDMSDDSWD!

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Phanna, watch PC2 frame by frame. You'll find that this stuff is basically impossible since you have to input a direction on every single frame to use the Daughter Dashes + SWD.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Phanna, watch PC2 frame by frame. You'll find that this stuff is basically impossible since you have to input a direction on every single frame to use the Daughter Dashes + SWD.
No I'm not talking about the 6x Daughter Dash to S[D]WD, I'm just talking about the 'rocket boosts' - SWDs from edges into the air. It doesn't look humanly impossible from the video.. just like a daughter dash to a timed control stick jerk, or something, that's what I'm wondering.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
lol, well I just got the Rocket Boost to work in training mode on 1/4 speed.

Just roll to and edge and bomb. Then right as you hit the ground, hit left-right-left if you're on the right side, or right-left-right if you're on the left side.

now to work up to full speed...

Nigzel

Smash Ace
No, I will explain it further. I just had a small problem finding my win98 disc (Where the drivers for my capture card is!) but it's ok now. I'll start with the pictures now. ^^

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
No, I will explain it further. I just had a small problem finding my win98 disc (Where the drivers for my capture card is!) but it's ok now. I'll start with the pictures now. ^^
Yay <3

[/10 characters]

Fader

Smash Cadet
If only the SDDSWD could be done by human means...

Oh well, I think mods should sticky this.

derfmaster

Smash Cadet
sorry for not looking at the other pages, but can someone so the |>|<|-->|<--|.| thing for the rocket dash, cause im a little confused and it'll be fun to learn this. and put the frame # too :D thx in advance

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Hhahaha, aparently Manosuki is going out of his way to attempt to get it down.

You don't have to tap all the way into the direction to get it the dashes to register correct, it could very well be possible if that isn't that case...

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Hhahaha, aparently Manosuki is going out of his way to attempt to get it down.
Not really, I tried it that one night on 1/4 speed. Got it like 6 or 7 times, said "cool, there it goes". Then didn't bother messing with it any further.

At full speed, I think even if someone were to be quick enough to go left-right-left 3 frames in a row, it wouldn't be a very effective rocket boost. For one, the less you hold the direction, the farther you fly. But since you're smashing the stick to try to be quick enough, you'd be getting the shortest version every time. Also you have to continue holding the direction to continue sliding in the air. This makes it where you can't just smash Right-Left and release in the hopes that the stick will slightly hit Right when falling back in place.

However... if you were to reset your controler to where the neutral location was slightly pointing in one direction. You then only have to hit two directions then let go of the stick. This basically turns it into the same motions as a SWD (2 directions on 2 frames rather than 3) but at an earlier frame timming. Of course doing it in a match would be difficult unless you have a Wavebird since you can quickly reset your controller with a switch of the on/off and regular controllers wouldn't work since you'd have to pause to reset them. Would it really be worth the hassle though? Aside from showing off in a combo vid of course.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Lol, I think wavebirds take longer than a single frame to reregister the correct port and all that jazz, so even if you could flick that little switch on and of twice in a 60th of a second you'd still not be getting it.

Maybe maybe... (probablly not) it could be done just barely flicking teh controller enough to register since you move a significantly smaller dastance (with your thumb) both ways. I'd play around with it but I'm way too lazy. We'll never know guys, we'll never know.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I meant have it reset before you attempt the move. The hard part about doing it that way though would be staying right on the ledge where you need to be since the controller would be trying to push you ono the stage.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
If you have an old, used controller who always tend to **** up you could do it.

I had one, and that's how I found it - Yes, without AR.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Useless! I'll show you! I'll perfect it and be able to do crazy **** and win tournaments n ****!

SWD? This isn't just the SWD, this dissects the SWD!!

:samus:
I can do swd PERFECTLY...all i need to know is that you bomb->back-foward->bam....swd
and why does the swd need to be dissected? Its something you learn after learning the things that actually MATTER. To me, this topic is worthless now, before it was helpful, but now...ehh...not so much. I can assure you this topic is going to be closed soon.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
It's rather useless. It will not be stickied.

You necro'd.
If it's useless, then why not close it? So that we don't leave it alone for 2 years and have someone necro it again.

Useless! I'll show you! I'll perfect it and be able to do crazy **** and win tournaments n ****!

SWD? This isn't just the SWD, this dissects the SWD!!

:samus:
lol
Until then, leave this thread alone. :p

Pi

Smash Hero
Why you guys gotta be such pricks?
It's not like there's an overwhelming amount of threads being made here, nor is there much activity in general, it seems like it's just a bunch of bored kids waiting around for something to ***** about

There is no reason for this thread not to be bumped, it has information that other threads don't, it's not like I've disturbed the ****in peace or something, chillout *****

If it's useless, then why not close it? So that we don't leave it alone for 2 years and have someone necro it again.
yea, close a thread full of information about one of samus's most unique technique's because it might get necro'd and disturb the balance of the universe MIRITE?

Threads that shouldn't be necro'd:

Old debates long since forgotten
Old threads full of flames
Old threads based around opinions
Threads whos questions have already been answered

I can do swd PERFECTLY...all i need to know is that you bomb->back-foward->bam....swd
and why does the swd need to be dissected? Its something you learn after learning the things that actually MATTER. To me, this topic is worthless now, before it was helpful, but now...ehh...not so much. I can assure you this topic is going to be closed soon.
Uh, yea I can swd about 70% of the time too, but that's besides the point, this thread isn't only about the standard SWD, 'actually matter' lol.

What, you guys wannabe mods or something? The only reason you're jumpin all over me is because this thread is old Zzz

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
It's not like there's an overwhelming amount of threads being made here, nor is there much activity in general, it seems like it's just a bunch of bored kids waiting around for something to ***** about

There is no reason for this thread not to be bumped, it has information that other threads don't, it's not like I've disturbed the ****in peace or something, chillout *****

yea, close a thread full of information about one of samus's most unique technique's because it might get necro'd and disturb the balance of the universe MIRITE?

And, to head off any flames that might come MY way I won't be responding to any posts directing hate toward me so as to not degrade this thread into some trivial flamewar to give all you bored kids something to do Zzzz
ughhh....swd is not useful. It's a fun little trick you can do to mindgame your opponent. There is a thread dictated to the swd. If this information is so precious to you, why not ask the poster to copy/paste all of this in the stickied topic? If not, do it yourself. If you havent heard, we like to keep smashboards clean, short, and right to the point. We have the stickied topics that answer most of the daily questions you may have, the QandA thread for the more specific questions, the common "insert character here" guide and discussion, video thread, and then other stuff that really dont have as big as a impact to the character then the other threads. Seriously....swd, is NOT, in fact, the best thing that ever happened ever since wavedashing.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord

I'm someone bored :(
I kinda have to disagree...I mean if someone wants the information, they can use the search feature.
Besides, there has to be a reason this thread died so long ago anyways. If anything, the whole thing should have been moved into the SWD sticky - why have two stickied topics with essentially the same information?

I was simply making a suggestion.

I like the idea of SWD in the air, and if it weren't for this revival, I wouldn't have known about this for a while, if ever. Besides, we already know it's not practical - it's more for kicks than anything.
I dunno. I don't really care. I'm pretty sure though that threads like these are for asking questions, to find out more about how to use said technique. But like I said, it died for a reason. It doesn't seem there can be any more questions about this since you'd understand this if you know how to SWD. If you didn't, then you'd go to the SWD sticky.
So yeah...

lol
I don't think there was any need to get upset about it.

edit: oh man Lite, you beat me to a response...and we almost said the same thing...also...he'd have to ask a mod to do it.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am not going to close it because I am pretty sure it will be removed eventually by garbage collection.

I don't mind if you necro stuff, but necro things with posts that actually have a point.

Let this thread just move on for archival purposes, if someone has a question post it. Other than that. >_>

Pi

Smash Hero
ughhh....swd is not useful. It's a fun little trick you can do to mindgame your opponent. There is a thread dictated to the swd. If this information is so precious to you, why not ask the poster to copy/paste all of this in the stickied topic? If not, do it yourself. If you havent heard, we like to keep smashboards clean, short, and right to the point. We have the stickied topics that answer most of the daily questions you may have, the QandA thread for the more specific questions, the common "insert character here" guide and discussion, video thread, and then other stuff that really dont have as big as a impact to the character then the other threads. Seriously....swd, is NOT, in fact, the best thing that ever happened ever since wavedashing.
Exaggerate more please.When did I ever claim SWD was the essence of samus Zzz

Look dude, you're not going to be a mod, they got enough of them around here, you're not doing anyone any favors by acting like one, get over yourself.

Clean short and too the point, yea cause I'm causin a lot of clutter with this thread right? With how active this section of the board is right, My bad.

Someone wanna explain to me exactly the wrong I've committed here by bringing up an informational thread?

This is the same **** everyone seems to be affected by, you take the rules way to strict at face value,
sure, I necro'd a thread, but it was one full of unique information found no where else in any other thread.
Sure it isn't going to improve people's gameplay, but it **** sure isn't going to hurt anyone.
So if you could get past the fact that the last post in this thread was like a year ago and find some real reason I've wronged the samus community and smash boards by bringing up this thread then please make me aware of it

I am not going to close it because I am pretty sure it will be removed eventually by garbage collection.

I don't mind if you necro stuff, but necro things with posts that actually have a point.

Let this thread just move on for archival purposes, if someone has a question post it. Other than that. >_>
This thread is linked in the perfect control video post, which is linked to in the description of the perfect control video's on youtube which explains how it was accomplished for the video. If this thread get's removed & even one thread was made to question how it was accomplished it's removal would have been completely useless. And it's not like perfect control is some old forgotten video, the last comment was posted 1 day ago.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
This thread is linked in the perfect control video post, which is linked to in the description of the perfect control video's on youtube which explains how it was accomplished for the video. If this thread get's removed & even one thread was made to question how it was accomplished it's removal would have been completely useless. And it's not like perfect control is some old forgotten video, the last comment was posted 1 day ago.
That's why I am not closing it...

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Oh is this really useless? I dont know that much about samus. It's something that involves missles, so i'd like it.

But if you want to close it, go for it. Just dont fight over it, ****.

--Edit--
I'm looking to close the REALLY dumb, pointless stuff. And although I havent looked at the OP at all, i'd imagine that this is that kinda "rainy day samus" stuff.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh is this really useless? I dont know that much about samus. It's something that involves missles, so i'd like it.

But if you want to close it, go for it. Just dont fight over it, ****.

--Edit--
I'm looking to close the REALLY dumb, pointless stuff. And although I havent looked at the OP at all, i'd imagine that this is that kinda "rainy day samus" stuff.
More like really rainy with an action replay.

Top Bottom