• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SamuraiPanda's Translation Thread UPDATED: 11/1

Wrath`

Smash Master
It realy dosn't matter when it's released around the americas, because were sure to hear about all the secret characters when JPN gets it.

iSam

Smash Cadet
This is a speculation, but perhaps instead of cutting the characters completely the integrate them with characters like them. I.E. Mario has an alternative "costume" to play as Doc. They could even go as far Link could be Young Link. They could change up the way the character played completely. If they had 26 characters but each character was extremely unique, that seems like more than enough characters to choose from. Also, I would rather have 26 well designed balanced characters than 100 crap characters like Pichu. No offence to any Pichu players. I guess this is all just hopeful thinking but it's a possibility.

Laijin

Smash Hero
They should'nt go by who should be in the game, but who is coolest.
Seriously guys,
Roy is 50x cooler than Marth
Mewtwo is the most awesome-est person in the game
Bowser is friggin amazingly cool
Young Link is 50x most awesome than Link(Seriously guys, come on..)

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
This is a speculation, but perhaps instead of cutting the characters completely the integrate them with characters like them. I.E. Mario has an alternative "costume" to play as Doc. They could even go as far Link could be Young Link. They could change up the way the character played completely. If they had 26 characters but each character was extremely unique, that seems like more than enough characters to choose from. Also, I would rather have 26 well designed balanced characters than 100 crap characters like Pichu. No offence to any Pichu players. I guess this is all just hopeful thinking but it's a possibility.
i agree and that's all i have to say bout that

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
I've been checking the net everyday for like 3 months and there's still no new news on Brawl. We seriously need an update. Give us anything, screenshots, videos, confirmed characters.. something please.

Kaburi

Smash Rookie
There probably won't be many updates for a couple of months. If the game is to be released by 2007, then expect major news in the summer~

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Keep All Original 26 Characters! Leave No Soldier (or Pokemon) Behind!

It's hard to say, DiXy, but personally, I want all 26 characters to return. I don't care if they're clones, but they were all fun to play with. For example, Falco is the stronger one, and Fox is much weaker than his 64 self, so I find it easier to play Falco. Ganondorf is a 'nuff said anyway. Pichu gives me more of a 64 Smash feel, but then again, I just can't stand playing the new Pikachu. Though he is technically better than Pichu, I find him worse for my play style.

Dr. Mario is different enough in the sense of no classic feel, but if anything, he'd make a nice alternate costume.(with cosmetic changes, like the pills, but for the most part, he could be a pure clone of Mario...oh, and a different Super Move, of course) Y. Link may have had almost the exact same moves, but he played extremely differently from Link, making him quite his own character. If anything, I just hope we see Metal Ganondorf in Classic...I am still quite annoyed that he can't appear in Classic as is!!
Exactly man, finally there some1 smart enough to agree with me (I prepared to won every1 on this iste to keep young link, marth, and roy in BRAWL!!!!!), on that note I wanna see all 26 characters in action in BRAWL! IF they not all in it, I'll be as mad as a psycho bull (preferablly Ganon)! Even Pichu deserves to stay, and Young Link needs to be changed to Twilight Princess graphics, and (note and) Wind Waker Graphics. If they only have 1 of those 2 young links, i'll be fine (they totally remove young=me mad, crazy, and upset!) Young is his own individul, and who cares if some characters r the same? It kinda nooby to care if a character is a lot like other characters, and it mean to say u want a character out becuase u don't like it! Ppl don't like Young Link and he is my 2nd favorite character, so i say screw all them, i own them any day to keep him in (BRING IT!)...Every character just needs more indivduality such as doc having more moves from his series, roy and marth being way diffrent, and luigi getting more crazy cool moves....and pichu and pikachu being more diffrent and less the same to leave room for Raichu! Ness needs to be more SSB based than melee, with more PSI and less of that dumb yo-yo (it all his a up and a down attacks, and it weak)! and mewtwo needs a new b side and b down attack, upgraded versions, and possibly a new pshcyhic attack as a b attack or grab! Ganondorf needs to be changed, and he should have all his same attacks, but be changed to Blood Falcon, while he gets his sword (OOT or TP), or swords (TWW). Also Shiek needs to stay, possibly with a diffrent Zelda or original Zelda, or even as a selectable character, instead of a traonsformation. Also they need young zelda. tetra as a character, and a ton new Mother (earthbound), and dk characters. Birdo would also be a neat new character addition (and who can forget DARTH VADER?)! But overall every1, every stage (all 435, possibly even with a brawl graphic level), every item (including nonplayable characters, like octorcts and koopas as items), from SSB and MELEE to return! No questions asked! YOUR LEAST FAVORITE CHARACTER IS MOST LIKELY SOMEONE'S FAVORITE CHARACTER, AND YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER IS MOST SOMEONE'S LEAST FAVORITE CHARACTER! SO EVERYONE SHOULD RETURN!

Overall no character should leave, no1 should want them to leave, but want them to be redesinged, redone, or tweaked with to be mroe of an indivdual! I mean look in the origial N64 super smash bros. I though Link and Fox were the two worst (no offence), and Kirby and Capt. Falcon were the best. In MELEE, I thought they ruled, and Link became my fav, followed by Young Link, Kirby, Fox, Falco (srry ppl I love Fox), then Roy, Marth, Ganondorf, Capt. Falcon, then Doc. Mario, Mario, and Mewtwo (3 way 3rd tie, i no i love them all, even rejected pichu, dk (nintendo add more dk characters, his series could die!), jigglypuff (wat u only beat evnt match 51 with jigglypuff and u wnat it out....(i beat it with 5 or 6 other characters), yoshi (fools got mad hops and mad a down damage, don't mess, just needs a total makeover), doc(needs more indivduality), luigi (b side attack explosion consequences= evil), peach (i own with her, but she not 1 of my favs), ice clinmbers, g&w (they diffrent and ppl don't like it! They just need more tweaking, and ice climbers need to be two diffrent characters: nana and popo), and mewtwo (he no samus clone, he a samus/ganondorf/ness/mario randomly mix, that is sweet, only pokemon i really love (or even like) other than blastiose), pickachu (again mess around with pickachu and pichu to make them more unalike and u can add raichu(ya yuh) to brawl)! KEEP ALL ORIGINALS! WE LOVE THEM!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
At least keep most of them....poor G&W, Pichu, and Ice Climbers, Doc, and Sheik (YLink, impossible, or I'll stick with Melee)....1, if not all of them have to go down....but hopefully if they do....they add them through like a Internet download expansion thing that Nintendo could possibly make....like the upcoming Shiverl Isles expansion for Oblivion....just so hopeful...that would blow if YLink was gone...I'd be mad at Sakurai, then again...Zelda is the most popular and most sold Wii game (other then Wii Sports that comes with it), and OOT was the best rated N64 game....doubt YLink won't be in it. And Pichu has a higher chance of returning soley Pokemon fans love that thing, as well as young children....G&W most likely going down the drain (poor guy), Ice Climbers (ppl hate a two in 1 character, I guess...neat idea thoguh), Doc (why Doc, he'd prescribe a kill b4 leaving), and Sheik (TP the reason). I think it stupid Sakurai is going to dump some1 or some characters....each 1 is bound to be thousands of ppls favorite character (even Pichu and Ice Climbers), and he gonna make some1 mad. It almost seems like Nintendo is asking for trouble....Nintendo, no matter which character they throw out, will lose, or anger some1 in this process...it smells almost as much disaster as the last few years of the gamecube...hopefully he'll change his mind, or he just trying to get ppl to talk more about the game to spark more debate...I think saying this is more of a bussiness/ advertising move....i doubt he'll take out more than 3, if even that....Sakurai gonna get burned no matter which charcacter (especially Young Link, or I not gonna be a happy....unless like TWW link takes his place, and they also need to change the current Ganondorf to Blood Falcon, or some F-Zero character, and change Ganondorf to himself in Twilight Princess!).
Let us hope YLink stays, otherwise Zelda fans will be mad as heck, and BRAWL will lose a huge fan base (me included). And I still think Sakurai is doing this to add suspense, debate, and adding drama to build up BRAWL. It is one of the hot bubble things about it that is probablly the most popular debate amonst fans next to new characters, and rivals new courses...Man any1 can go but YLink and Link, idk if it even my other favorites go just to keep him in (no offense ppl, imagine if ur 2nd favorite/your brother's favorite wasn't in it? U'd be mad and demand them being put in. AND ISN'T SSB (ESPECIALLY BRAWL, I MIGHT ADD) SUPPOSE TO BE ABOUT WHAT ALL THE FANS WANT? TALK ABOUT LIFE ON THE EDGE if Sakurai removes any1 but IC, G&W, or Shiek (no offence ppl)....he'd virtually doom another sequal due to lack of fans and fans feeling betrayed by SAkurai, HAL, and Nintendo...Nintendo's good as old series could be hurt, as well as a huge hole in the Nintendo francise....they better choose carefully who they remove, or they could be out of the count...for good, i mean y even bother removing some1, lol...it stupid...dumb move!!!...would be easier and hastle-free to keep them in..again I think this is strictly bussiness/advertising to raise awareness, "god i can't wait", and "omg that game looks sweet" levels...seriouslt...try thinking about it that way...it a genuis bussiness/advertising move....but bad if they follow through, with a huge lose in loyal fans to the series...

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Please, to get a point across better, use better grammar, and better formatting. It makes it easier on the eyes...Now that that is aside, taking out characters is not a bad thing. Clones are bad. I'm sorry, I love the characters, but I don't want them to be the exact same. And, some characters, like Pichu and Roy (who could be EASILY replaced, due to smaller fanbase and many new characters) were not needed in the first place. I'm not saying that I'm upset they gave us more characters at the expense of them being clones, that is perfectly fine. It's just that, they (especially now) would be put in at the expense of newer characters. (that may be a little jumbled, but I'll explain :))

Ice Climbers= They stay. Good fanbase, nice variety, not clones ....well, sorta ;)!

G&W= Why don't you like him? HUGE part of Nin's past. Original. Keep.

Sheik= Eh....pretty big part of the series, but, that's be too many LoZ characters, Gone.

Pichu= BAD BAD BAD GONE GONE GONE. Pika clone, so many other pokemon that should be in. This one has had little influence in the games or the anime (at least I think). Pichu is the definition of a filler character. Nowhere near a face of Nintendo.

Roy= probably gone. Might get a new moveset, but if it were him or Ike, keep Ike and Marth. Keeps American and Japanese audience happy :).

Young Link= replaced with WW link. Still kinda YL in essence....kinda.

Doc= Stay, just tweek a few more things, the way the pills were done.

Luigi= Fine. Just make his **** AI better xo.

GW= ...Tweek majorly. Definatley keep though.

Falco= Keep, to influential in the community, plus, a pretty big part of the Star Fox series.

I think that is it....yeah. Anyways, can we please get back to waiting :D.

Yeah.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Please, to get a point across better, use better grammar, and better formatting. It makes it easier on the eyes...Now that that is aside, taking out characters is not a bad thing. Clones are bad. I'm sorry, I love the characters, but I don't want them to be the exact same. And, some characters, like Pichu and Roy (who could be EASILY replaced, due to smaller fanbase and many new characters) were not needed in the first place. I'm not saying that I'm upset they gave us more characters at the expense of them being clones, that is perfectly fine. It's just that, they (especially now) would be put in at the expense of newer characters. (that may be a little jumbled, but I'll explain :))

Ice Climbers= They stay. Good fanbase, nice variety, not clones ....well, sorta ;)!

G&W= Why don't you like him? HUGE part of Nin's past. Original. Keep.

Sheik= Eh....pretty big part of the series, but, that's be too many LoZ characters, Gone.

Pichu= BAD BAD BAD GONE GONE GONE. Pika clone, so many other pokemon that should be in. This one has had little influence in the games or the anime (at least I think). Pichu is the definition of a filler character. Nowhere near a face of Nintendo.

Roy= probably gone. Might get a new moveset, but if it were him or Ike, keep Ike and Marth. Keeps American and Japanese audience happy :).

Young Link= replaced with WW link. Still kinda YL in essence....kinda.

Doc= Stay, just tweek a few more things, the way the pills were done.

Luigi= Fine. Just make his **** AI better xo.

GW= ...Tweek majorly. Definatley keep though.

Falco= Keep, to influential in the community, plus, a pretty big part of the Star Fox series.

I think that is it....yeah. Anyways, can we please get back to waiting :D.

Yeah.
"Sakurai has stated that some of the characters in Super Smash Bros. Melee may not return." (source wikipedia) He didn't say that all characters are going to return, or any not going to return, he just said it possible, maybe even probable some characters will be cut.
I expect 1-3, though they might return via internet downloads. Expect the original 12 characters to return, with only 1-3 dropped, if any at all!

I still think it ins't wise to remove any Melee characters. Nintendo could upset many parts of their fan base, and some of the fans would be skeptical. If they do remove characters, here are the in characters in danger of being cut, in order from most in danger to least in danger

Dr. Mario is basically gone if Sakurai removes any Melee characters. He is a copy of Mario, though he would be unique if he was based off his several Dr. Mario games. We might as well prepare our goodbyes, unless Nintendo hasdownloadable upgrades and expansions, which I doubt (much like Elder Scrolls III Murrowind's expansions, or map downloads via diffrent disk or internent). I give Doc a 30% chance of returning.

Pichu is as good as gone. With basically only people who don't want any character removed (me), pokemon fans, and younger Melee fans. Unless these fans, as well as other people stand behind Pichu, it gone. Exppect to hear news on this pokemon in Brawl soon, or it gone. Pichu not reappearance is emminent. If Pichu returns, as unlikely as it is, expect it to stop being a clone and become a original. I give Pichu a 35-40% chance of returning.

Roy is in harsh times. Japan wants other Fire Emblem characters in Fire Emblem open slots, and most Fire Emblem fans in NA and Europe only really care about "originals" (that means Marth). But many Melee fans in NA, Europe, and some in Japan want to see him return for Brawl. I feel he is going to return just because I feel there will be 5 Fire Emblem slots, istead of most people who think there will only be 3 or 4. I give him a 65% chance of returning.

Ice Climbers will stay because of a growing fan base, including me that keeps appearing out of nowhere. I just hoped aboard with them, and expect to see them in Brawl. It would be a disappointment to see them removed to many fans of the classics and of theirs in Brawl. I give them a 80% chance of returning.

YLink could easily return, just because he the most important character in the LOZ series, even moree important than his adult form (he is in 11/13 games, adult link is in 2/13 or 3 if you include Zelda II). If he returns, like he most likely will, he will easily become the most changed character. He will probablly change from being OOT YLink, to Majora YLink, or most likely Phantom Hourglass YLink (cell-shaded).

It will be odd to see how he ends out, consider the LOZ series will have 5-6 slots, considering it only behind pokemon, mario, and maybe donkey kong in money made off a series, and TP is the Wii's best seller, next to Wii Sports, which comes with the system (there can't be enough LOZ characters, it easily one of their top 3 1st party francises with pokemon and mario). I give him a 90% chance of returning.

G&W, randomly has a huge fan base (me, even though I don't use him enough), and has quickly gained momentum for staying in. He was one of the characters who wasn't well apreciated, even though he is a complete original, unlike many others. It seems he wasn't well appreciated at first by many, but now is a lot more liked. G&W is almost Eminnent to return. I give him a 95% chance of returning

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
i'd say the least likely to return would be mewtwo, roy, dr. mario. I know not many have mentioned it but can they please please PLEASE get rid of jigglypuff, or atleast make him strong enough to be useful. just what i think.

oh and... dark samus, ridley, banjo+kazooie, and bomberman + pommy for BrAwL!!!!oneoneeleventwo22three4.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
"Sakurai has stated that some of the characters in Super Smash Bros. Melee may not return." (source wikipedia)
Did... did you just quote Wikipedia in the very thread that is the source for all of the Brawl news the intarweb has been quoting from?

Wow.

RenX

Smash Apprentice
i just want to state somethign i saw a few days ago the germen wii site said that Wii is releasing a Demo Download wii channle and btw they will do expansins if its online to fix bugs and btw it will happen

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i'd say the least likely to return would be mewtwo, roy, dr. mario. I know not many have mentioned it but can they please please PLEASE get rid of jigglypuff, or atleast make him strong enough to be useful. just what i think.
zomgwtf!!!! jiggy is amazing!!!! just different. how else do you think the puff is in mid tier? luck?

i just want to state somethign i saw a few days ago the germen wii site said that Wii is releasing a Demo Download wii channle and btw they will do expansins if its online to fix bugs and btw it will happen
ive heard about the demo channel too, i only hope they release it soon and that the first demo available is a brawl demo!!! of course thats not going to happen, but i can hope!!!

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
no, right no jigglypuff is good for this much in melee:

1. Slowly moving easy killed target
2. Event match #51, which can be done with just about anybody puff is just the easy way out.

if they arent taking out, can they pleassseee buff the puff

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
Im pretty sure sakurai said no clones and not many are returning and didnt he say there trying to make it like 40 or so characters.....!

i think all the charatcers should stay just make the characters with flaws in melee almost flawless in brawl

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Im pretty sure sakurai said no clones and not many are returning and didnt he say there trying to make it like 40 or so characters.....!
Again, everything Sakurai said is IN THIS VERY THREAD. You shouldn't be having any doubts about this...

READ THE FIRST POST PEOPLE!

Do people just willingly forget about existing information and make up the stuff they feel like thinking?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Not All Questions Are Answered, But It Shines A Lot of Light!

i think all the charatcers should stay just make the characters with flaws in melee almost flawless in brawl
Exactly! Why take out what you can totally change and make a pure, flawless original? How wierd would it be to see Pichu be almost as diffrent as Pickacku as Samus is to Capt. Falcon? That would totally blow my mind! Especially if they were good. The most surpirising thing from the two trailers is....that was the 1st time I really liked and await Pickachu! I always neveer liked it, even when I was one of those 8 year old obsessed pokemon kids. Now I say "dang see what a little graphics and changing can do!"

I bet on 45+, with 50+ as a possibility. Sakurai never stated characters will be cut, but rather it is most likely. I'm guessing 1-3, maybe 4 character cuts. Anymore would lead to problems with fan base. Doc tops the list, with Pichu right there, followed further down by Roy and Shiek, even if she is a pure original. Expect everyone else in SSBB, easily (don't even mention YLink; Ylink=TWW Link!).

I hope that SSBB also has all the SSB 64 and SSBM courses, and Wii Internet. The returning, updated, and new courses, new and cut characters, items, and new and returning features should be most of the disscussion, with some control options talk (control configuration=:) )! Hopefully some more light will shine on these subjects. Shiek=ownage=original=awsome!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm not expecting Doc, Pichu, Roy, and Shiek (why dump a original) to return. I would think it would be wise to just totally change what character is a clone, or at least make the neccissary improvements. Anymore characters dropped than the 4 above is a serious mistake. Even though Shiek is awsome and original, sadly she isn't in any game other than LOZ OOT. Everyone else is most likley returning!

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Heck yeah to Johnknight1's sig! Well, at least for Cel-Shaded Link, King Deede, and MegaMan!

I wonder when Sakurai will update Smash Bros. Dojo again...

It was pretty cool that Sakurai addressed us Americans (and any other country where the Wii was released at the time of his writing) and that it wasn't just him writing to the Japanese public, and it then being translated into English. Maybe he'll make region specific comments again sometime. I know, doesn't really matter much, just interesting.

EDIT: Oh, and...

It sounds like you're setting yourself up fro some serious disappointment.
Agreed.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
dang, i really want a ranking system. and what do they "if" they have online. if this game isn't online i'm gonna bleep bleep yo bleep
The good characters, character moveset/balance (no character matchup weaknesses!), courses, items, features, graphics, and play modes come first. Then online and the ranking system doesn't matter that much in my mind.

I just hope you can have, start, or enter online tournamnets, myabe even like Major League Gaming qualification tournaments even. Heck that would be sweet if you could watch tournament or online play (I seriously doubt that one though). But still, that doesn't mean I don't want online rankings, that would own! Just as long as you can go on and off with the online ranking system, and is easy to use, without having to shoot through sveral hoops.

As for all characters returning, I give SSBB a 90% chance of cutting 1 or more characters. I epect 2 or 3 at most, maybe even 4. Any more cuts would simply be a horrid mistake. Plus The Wind Waker Link would be easy to remake, considering he doesn't attack like any Link, and is completely diffrent from Twilight Princess Link not just in moveset, attacks, and attack styles, but in arsenal. It would be one of the easier to make characters most likely.

I expect Doc and Pichu to be cut, and I'm leaning a little more to Roy being cut (45% chance of returning at best) than returning, just because not too many Fire Emblem fans like him as much as other characters from that series.

I also expect Shiek to be cut, with a less likley chance to return than Roy, despite being an original (she's only in one LOZ game, OOT). YLink I expect to be changed to cel-shaded, Ice Climbers probably will stay, and G&W is almost eminent. YLink is to return just because he's in most LOZ games, and cel-shaded Link would be easy to make because he attacks with a whole diffrent attack style and pattern, and has a completely diffrent arsenal from TP Link.

Buring Lava I'm (as well as any North American or European SSB fan who is aware of this) is happy that Sakurai addressed that he cared about what North America and Europe felt. I bet you $1,000 Sakurai or one of his staff members have looked at this site and saw, or considered some ideas posted here. I'm happy they care about all the fans (hopefully the official site will have a e-mail system to e-mail ideas to the staff) from every continent (sorry Antartica, your screwed!)

As for online it is most likely they will have it (I give it a 95% chance). Considering SSB series popularity, the PS3 decline, and Halo 3 coming out, online is required to keep Nintendo in the hunt for #1 system with their new rival, Microsoft.

Japan already has Wii online play, the DS has online play, the GC has like 6 games online, why not the Wii? In order to rival Halo 3 in the states, it is required for Nintendo to win the console wars. I expect SSBB to be the kickoff of the Wii online in North America and Europe, otherwise Nintendo's chances of going back to their NES and SNES success won't come this gen, and they'll be far behind their competition in Microsoft.

Plomid

Smash Ace
"This time, we'd like to stress easiness over the small details of combat, so overall it might become somewhat easier."
i cant stress how much that sentence bothers me.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Especially since that's exactly what they did with the first two games...

What the crap is Sakurai talking about? Ease of play is what the SSB series is known for! How much easier can it get!? Oh wait, I know the answer. Just take out a bunch of features/techniques/moves, until theirs almost nothing left to think about. Walk left, right... hit A, and maybe a jump. Then the game will become VERY easy, with almost NONE of those pesky "small details of combat" to worry about... just a broken game.

Who wants depth anyway? I sure as heck don't want to waste time with a game that lets me infinitely improve. I want one that will let me slowly battle against my friends who have all equally mastered the game so its just a matter of who randomly gets the final K.O. that decides each and every match. *Sigh* Sakurai-san, you're making it very difficult for us hardcore fans to keep faith in you.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"This time, we'd like to stress easiness over the small details of combat, so overall it might become somewhat easier."
That honestly doesn't bother me that much. The aerial speed will be faster, so that means the lack of ground speed might be made up with in aerial speed. The trailers look maybe 20% slower than SSBM at most in my opinion.

As long as it isn't totally noob friendly, still involves skill over luck, and tiers have more diversity, I'm happy. That and changing YLink to the Wind Waker Link, and giving Ganondorf his sword is all I need.

I think SSB series is simplistic, but involves skill, and it is going to stil be the same thing we all love. Burning Lava don't worry, it will still be the SSB series we all love, but this time better and with online. Just have faith in Nintendo, Sakurai, and the SSBB project team! After that, it's time to own some people online, on the same console, and in LAN parties?! Who's ready to totally dominate and own like no other!?:) :) :)

pirkid

Smash Lord
Any and all tier-...ist comments are unconsidered.

I have almost no doubt more then half of the current smashers will try and possibly change their main for the new game.
So cutting some characters doesn't botehr me. As long as they don't cut the original SS64 characters. That's pushing it.

As for online, their still having problems with 1v1, so don't get some hopes up that we have online play when it comes out. That will take a LOT of work. Probably as a patch, expansion, or something similar.

No doubt that Sakurai means 'super-dashing', teching, and techniques of that calibur as the 'depth' he wants to remove. Make the game a little for the newbs.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is Nintendo, and Halo 3 is Xbox. Playstation has no major household titles coming out with the same popularity as these two, so they're screwed.

35+ characters? That's a disappointment for most people, with their lists extending 50 and even more.

Don't break the game. Most won't live through it.

Caael

Smash Lord
I'm a lazy sod, so are all updates on page 1, or are they all scattered around? If scattered, page numbers would be nice

It's nice to see that the series is going to be easier. Sure, I was pretty pro with some characters on Melee, but some things were hard to pull off and took time to master. Hopefully these elements will be taken out so I can get up to scratch, and fast.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think wat Sakurai meant by that was he wanted the slower characters (ie: Ganondorf, Bowser), and basically everyone who doesn't have as fast of attacks as Fox and Marth to have faster quick attacks (ie: a neutral, a>).

Maybe Sakurai also meant how much the WD element will be simplified, and worked on even so less experienced players can master it easier. I bet Sakurai wants to give slow characters a better shot with some fast attacks, and work on WD rather than it being a bug, or simply not worked on.

The Director

Smash Lord
Sorry it took me so long to post in this thread...SWF have so many people it's almost hard to keep up with everything that's going on!

Anyways, I would like to say that I really liked everything that was in this translation. Sakurai really knows what he's doing. A lot of people don't like the whole moderated speed thing, but I think that is what Smash really needs.

Smash is different from other fighters out there, and making it a moderated speed-wise game would make it stand out even moreso.

I just want to hear from this guy some more! Where has he been the last 5 months? Oh yeah, slaving over a hot stove readying Smash for all of our grubby little fingers... :cool:

DrGrimReaper

Smash Apprentice
hmm, when I read moderated-speed it makes me think of Street Fighter 2: Turbo (or w.e it was called) where you could alternate game-speed between normal, turbo1,2,&3(pretty fast) that would be.. kiind of cool :-o

hawkts13

Smash Rookie
Original Poster said:
For you anime fans out there, Pit's Japanese voice actor also plays Conan from Detective Conan (Case Closed in the US I think).
pit = fav. char now haha. If they use same voice.

Top Bottom