• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SamuraiPanda's Translation Thread UPDATED: 11/1

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I guess it was about time this became old news ^_^

I'm just curious to see if Sakurai will actually honor the statements he made in this blog. Something tells me that he may change a few things, which is why this was probably never translated into English officially, because the American audience would butcher him if he tried to go back on some of his statements while the Japanese audience knows that things change during development.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Why isn't this stickied =[ It's still the thread with the most information on Brawl (other than the dojo updates). I still refer to this to copy+paste quotes for people giving false info on other sites (LOL ONLINE WAS CONFIRMED GUYS!!!11).

Sticky it!

CMKProductions

Smash Rookie
Very nice work, SamuraiPanda. I quite enjoyed reading some of Sakurai's thoughts on the game, especially since nothing has been officially translated for a long time.

Thanks for putting this together.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
We're slowly working on something that will clear up things for newer members, but the concern is appreciated.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Wow. Interesting stuff.

Concerning unlockable characters, I think he'll reveal most of the secret characters just before or after the release of the game. I'm guessing most of the dojo characters are starters, aside from 2 or 3.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Didn't realize how old this thread was, but it seems like everything has been going according to these translations.

ExtremeBrawler

Smash Cadet
Please,SamuraiPanda...
Could you translate this page of a japanese blog dealing with lots of Brawl info from Jumpfesta?!?

This is the page translated by Google...
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsmashbros.wii-ds.com%2Fbbs%2Fcbbs.cgi%3Fmode%3Dal2%26namber%3D433%26rev%3D%26no%3D0&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=EN&ie=UTF-8

And this is the original page...
http://http://smashbros.wii-ds.com/bbs/cbbs.cgi?mode=al2&namber=433&rev=&no=0

PLEASE!!!!'Cause Google translation is NOT so correct!!!XDDDD

Masterem243

Smash Lord
You think because of Jumpfesta, Japanese people are thinking that DK will be an unlockable character, just like some idiots thought Kirby would be unlockable from him not being in E for All?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I translated one of the posts so far. Here is what it says, translated into something you might read here, with my translator comments in the [].

"Fox
- It seems like he was nerfed a bit from his Melee version
- His forward smash has a slightly different feel to it.
- His [Japanese] voice actor is the same from StarFox Assault (his name is Nojima)
- [He talks about what Fox says when he wins, which is probably specific to the Japanese version]
- He is unable to move when he shoots his blaster in the air [I think he may be referring to being able to turn around with your neutral B in the air maybe].

Kirby
- He is stronger than he was in Melee
- His up air is weaker
- His dash attack is the spin from his YoYo ability [I'm sure someone knows what he is referring to]
- Can no longer escape from his back throw anymore.
- His final smash not only sucks in enemies, but it sucks in nearby items as well. And when there are alot of the a single item that are sucked in, they can come out as the same item [I don't quite understand what he's saying here].

Mario's tornado is now down air.

[A bunch of stuff we already know]

- You can catch items in the air with just hitting A now! [I believe in Melee you had to airdodge then press A]."

That one post is all I have time for now. I might get to the other stuff later.

marcus0103

Smash Apprentice
@ SamuraiPanda
If you don't mind me asking, how'd you get so good at translating Japanese to English and vice-versa.

ExtremeBrawler

Smash Cadet
You think because of Jumpfesta, Japanese people are thinking that DK will be an unlockable character, just like some idiots thought Kirby would be unlockable from him not being in E for All?
LOL,no!!!:chuckle:
If you read well the page of the japanese blog,you will see that they are talkig about also PT,Snake,Zelda,Dk,Sonic...:chuckle:

Ah,SamuraiPanda...
Firstly,thanks for the first translation,er...
Should you translate(not immediately,don't worry:))all the page,and exaclty the phrase that,with Google translation,look in this way:
"You NAMA." Character selection screen will remain in the new one has been able to create <br> ( "hello" or try playing range)

Thanks again!!!:)

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
- His dash attack is the spin from his YoYo ability [I'm sure someone knows what he is referring to]
A Handstand Spinning kick, i think that's what it was.

Here's hoping that it will be better than the horrible Fireball dash in melee.

Top Bottom