• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SamuraiPanda's Translation Thread UPDATED: 11/1

Mirai

Smash Rookie
Whoa, I'll forward that straight on to Sakurai, 'cause I'm not sure he realises he might upset you...

MastaWeeji

Smash Cadet
Samus will always have a bomb.... that's one of the basic moves in any of the Metroid games you will ever play. Also, the bomb jump has been in every one of them too (i haven't played Met II tho, so i may be wrong), so that can't be avoided, she will have bomb jump.

MastaWeeji

Smash Cadet
Edit is busted -_-; sry for double post..

Anyway, i'm sure there are other ways to implement a transformation rather than assuming down+b for all.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Seems as if her Final Smash removes the suit. As Sakurai said, "under specific conditions" she removes her suit. Which to me, seems like a Final Smash destroys it. But I now have to wonder, does Zamus have a Final Smash???

MastaWeeji

Smash Cadet
well, if you can only use a final smash once per match, it would be pretty cheap if a transforming character could use it, transform, and use it again.... so i doubt that Zamus has one.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Regarding Samus' Final smash,anyone think that will include her firing a huge energy ball (sorry,not too familiar with samus) and THEN transforminginto Zero Suit Samus? It appears that way in the trailer,but it could've just been something for show.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Why is it that hard to consider them seperate characters? :/

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Why is it that hard to consider them seperate characters? :/

Because it was said that she "removes her suit under specific conditions", but, from what you said, it makes me think this might unlock her as a seperate character as well. :samus:

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
I doubt her final smash will remove her suit, that would be dumb and fustrating. Zero Suit Samus will probably be another character that u don't have to unlock.

MastaWeeji

Smash Cadet
they already said that she will remove the suit under specific conditions.... so i really doubt she will be a seperate char... if anything, maybe they will have a secret button combination at the start of the match to start as zamus, as they had one for zelda->sheik.

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
they already said that she will remove the suit under specific conditions.... so i really doubt she will be a seperate char... if anything, maybe they will have a secret button combination at the start of the match to start as zamus, as they had one for zelda->sheik.
Umm, where'd they say this? Any link that u can post? If anything it'll be the zelda-sheik thing but idk, they might want to keep the character classic, lol, not change it that much, but u nvr know. They would nvr do it by final smash, that would be very annoying. Actually, doing it like zelda-sheik might be ok because down-b r just the small bombs.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
Umm, where'd they say this? Any link that u can post? If anything it'll be the zelda-sheik thing but idk, they might want to keep the character classic, lol, not change it that much, but u nvr know. They would nvr do it by final smash, that would be very annoying. Actually, doing it like zelda-sheik might be ok because down-b r just the small bombs.
sakurai did say this, but its all he said...'samus will remove her suit under certian conditions'...thats where all the controversy is coming from.

i personally think youll transform using the f-tilt.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
KoF, you've read the first post, right? That info's all official too.
The Smashbros site had more information before it was re-done for the daily updates, and at that point they removed all of the older info. In Zero Suit Samus's bio, he said she would remove her suit under certain conditions.

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
I nvr got to read the very first posts. I started reading it when the got the daily update. I didn't even know there was a smash bros brawl website before the daily updates

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
*scratches head*
When I said the first post, I was actually referring to this topic and not the Brawl site. Have you read it?

user_name

Smash Apprentice
Transforming into Zamus as a final smash would be interesting as long as:

Zamus has a similar move set to Samus
Zamus has increased stats to that of Samus (emough to give getting the final smash a point, but not enough to secure a win for Zamus just because of your transformation)
You cant get a final smash as Zamus
You stay as Zamus for the rest of the match

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
My imagination is that Samus's final smash would be the giant blast shown in the first trailer, and that upon using it, you turn into Zero-Suit Samus. I also had the thought of Zamus's Final Smash involving the Gunship, and that when she does it, she enters the ship and comes out with her Power Suit back on.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I truly don't understand why people would assume that Samus' final smash would make her into Zamus. That kind of system is too random and unreliable, and would totally ruin the dynamic of having a transforming character. Plus, how often do you think Smash Balls will be appearing? If you can only use it once, then there shouldn't be too many of them in one game (unless you turn it on high).

I personally believe that Zamus will be a different character altogether, and even if Samus is the same as Zamus, I don't believe that the Final Smash will be how they transform.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I imagine it'll be done with the charge beam. You charge it to the equivalent of fully charged in SSBM and then you can hold it out for 10-15 seconds more (shooting it at this point will just fire a fully charged charged shot) after which that ring will appear and start blinking. At this point you can decide to store it like you would in SSBM or fire it which will cause that large beam to fire and blow off her suit.

Of course, they should give us the option of just plain starting the match as ZSS like they did with Sheik. And...ZSS will do some move to change back after awhile.

mrbrightside

Smash Cadet
"If you can only use it once, then there shouldn't be too many of them in one game (unless you turn it on high). "

Hmm...I interpreted once as in it wasn't spammable like other special moves. I assumed this because a lot of the updates and what not are geared towards those who have never played the game. I dunno. But then again with a transformation Final Smash once per match would make sense. Imagine putting the drop on the FS balls on high and having Bowser running around as Giga. Wouldn't be too fair.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
No more translations?

To add to the on going conversation or what it looks like.

One use seems fair enough.. Just hope your the one that gets lucky.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Samus will most likely be a seperate character from ZSS because if you think about Samus transforming into ZSS, it'd be impossible to change back....unless getting a power suit back on is that easy...><

I hope they're seperate, but if if was like Zelda/Sheik from Melee that'd be cool too.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
I truly don't understand why people would assume that Samus' final smash would make her into Zamus. That kind of system is too random and unreliable, and would totally ruin the dynamic of having a transforming character. Plus, how often do you think Smash Balls will be appearing? If you can only use it once, then there shouldn't be too many of them in one game (unless you turn it on high).

I personally believe that Zamus will be a different character altogether, and even if Samus is the same as Zamus, I don't believe that the Final Smash will be how they transform.
OWNED, look at today's update.

TheSavageBlueBoy

Smash Apprentice
did anyone think about what would happen if you died as zero suit samus? I mean do you come back as samus or do you fight as z-suit for the rest of the battle?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hey I have a question

Can I have a link to the statements where Sakurai has said he wants to add in more females, bad guys, and a lack of clones?

There seems to be a lot of things a bunch of people are saying Sakuri wants in, and I want to see if they are all true or not.

Chepe

Smash Lord
#251-260: Sakurai in response to an email asking that everything be unlocked as a default = "Well... that is a tough question. As long as the internet exists, all secrets will be revealed quickly. Sometimes even before the game comes out, even. Secret characters are one of the fun parts of Smash. Although you don't want to find out until the very end, I guess [literally: 'after all,' so there is no doubt in this statement] I'll reveal them. Again, just like "Smash fist" [literally: 'Sumabura ken,' the name of the Japanese SSBM site?] I can't just hold these characters back. "
A while ago you said that he was going to be holding unlockables back until after the game was released, but today's update may have proven otherwise...

I know you said that this was taken out of context and that he meant he wouldnt release unlockables until after the game was out, but then what would be the point of mentioning that "I guess since the internet is out and I cant hold the characters out, I will reveal them" and still not reveal the characters until AFTER the game is released and they would surely be revealed before he gets the honors?

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
A while ago you said that he was going to be holding unlockables back until after the game was released, but today's update may have proven otherwise...

I know you said that this was taken out of context and that he meant he wouldnt release unlockables until after the game was out, but then what would be the point of mentioning that "I guess since the internet is out and I cant hold the characters out, I will reveal them" and still not reveal the characters until AFTER the game is released and they would surely be revealed before he gets the honors?
I'm pretty sure he'll wait until release either way.
1: That's what he did with melee
2: It's the right thing to do. There's alot of new stuff in Brawl so he needs all the "update days" he can
3: He's a cliffhanger god!

Salaad

Smash Ace
He HAS to continue the updates because after the game releases in North America...The other countries still won't have it so he has to update..I hope we get a trailer and some Uber-information at TGS...

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I haven't read my own thread in awhile. In response to the dude that said "OWNED," I must remind you that I, as well as the majority of people anticipating Brawl, don't think that the FS transformation is the only way you can access ZSS. It would be silly to waste a good character like that.

And in response to the unlockables, here are two possible solutions: 1. He reveals SOME unlockable characters (perhaps the first/easiest ones) and keeps the big secrets that will take awhile to unlock (remember mewtwo?) until after the game is released. or 2. Ike isn't an unlockable.

There is also a possibility of showing all the character before the game is released, but I don't believe he'd do that.

Top Bottom