• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SamuraiPanda's Translation Thread UPDATED: 11/1

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
hmm, when I read moderated-speed it makes me think of Street Fighter 2: Turbo (or w.e it was called) where you could alternate game-speed between normal, turbo1,2,&3(pretty fast) that would be.. kiind of cool :-o
Maybe as a option...like lightnig speed, slow mode, and normal speed. I think, however Sakurai means that air combat is faster, and slower attacking characters attack slower. Thus, everyone's attack speeds are closer, and the heavier characters I generally used more=improved tiers. Sounds good to me! :) :cool: ;)

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sakurai already said some characters won't be coming back.

Also...

#51-60: Sakurai's witty response to an email suggesting Smash Bros should be featured in the Olympics.
I find that amusing, in retrospect to the Sonic/Mario thing. I don't really know why...

Anyways, I think it'll be awesome once he gets his blog back up again.
They need to have monthly/weekly character additions like with the old Melee site.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea but he should have like a new character a week if its gonna be released round the end of the year!

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Woohoo! At ign.com on the SSBB page, the Europe release date is there! September 30, 2007 is it! I hope it's not too much slower than SSBM, as I'm used to playing fast paced games. Who here prefers Fox, Falco, Marth, Roy, or Link to play as?

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Woohoo! At ign.com on the SSBB page, the Europe release date is there! September 30, 2007 is it! I hope it's not too much slower than SSBM, as I'm used to playing fast paced games. Who here prefers Fox, Falco, Marth, Roy, or Link to play as?
That seems taken out of thin air considering no one has heard anything official. Unless that date was set in junction with an official press release I hold my breath. I don't know if IGN do these things arbitrarily or just use guesswork, but it would be rather strange to not get this date straight from Nintendo first.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Thats most probably just another one of their dates they put there for no particular reason but i do play as link and ahem anyway i suspect if we are to get a date anytime soon it would be during E3.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Just posting so I can suscribe to this thread. Don't mind this post...Nevermind...you already have wasted 10 seconds of your life doing so. Ha Ha...13.

BUM163

Smash Lord
it is comin out sept 30 in europe.the guy sayz himself on ign cuz ps3 n xbox 360 is sellin poorly out there n he wants 2 finish them.so it will b comin out sept 30 in europe 4sure.anybody eva in the ny/bx area contact me on aol or here n my aol name is oni163.i play wit dk n the game name is bum obviously lol.i'm also throwin pokemon tournaments 4 more info contact me

Legolastom

Smash Hero
it is comin out sept 30 in europe.the guy sayz himself on ign cuz ps3 n xbox 360 is sellin poorly out there n he wants 2 finish them.so it will b comin out sept 30 in europe 4sure.anybody eva in the ny/bx area contact me on aol or here n my aol name is oni163.i play wit dk n the game name is bum obviously lol.i'm also throwin pokemon tournaments 4 more info contact me
Um... ok if you could somehow clean that up (Dk is rubbish btw and do you call yourself bum cos you can always see DK's in Mario kart DD)and that date is sooo false.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea and they have no source for them they just go on amazon or something and are like "OMG teh smash bros out YeStErDayz" and we have to explain to them what a placeholder is lol.

Binx

Smash Master
I hope that they remove shiek, since the game looks to be more twilight princess themed as opposed to ocarina themed as SSBM was I doubt shiek will make a recurrence, however we will have Zero suit samus to fill that role, at least she has boobs.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I could actually accept the nixing of Shiek - never felt anything for the character, even thoug I appreciated the animations for the Needle Storm and some of the acrobatic moves.

HOwever, in return I'd accept nothing less than Midna...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Midna? pffft Tingle? dont make me laugh...

The one who should be in brawl is... HAPPY MASK SALESMAN!!!!!11111shift!1112

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I want him too but I want Tingle more. And you can complain all you want but you know Tingle has more of a chance than HMS.
I hate Midna but that is for somewhere else.

Pierre

Smash Rookie

I did, infact, see that european release date on IGN.com the other day, but I also looked at the Japanese release date on the site. It shows that Brawl comes out Dec 31. now THAT doesn't make any sense to me (except that they were just throwing out random dates there). So are they trying to say the release of Brawl is somewhere between Sept 30 and Dec 31? Because I think that is a very fair guess, but a guess none the less.

No one but the creators of Brawl know exactly when the game will come out, but i expect to see a release date at E3.

Mirai

Smash Rookie
Well it certainly won't be December 31st, that's the stupidest business decision in Nintendo's long history. November is the month to drop big games, so I'd make a stab at November 6th.

Mirai

Smash Rookie
EDIT: Sorry about the double post guys...

Okay, so there seems to be a lot of debate about the final roster size. Let's look at this in a logical fashion, shall we?

Now, let's take the existing roster of 26. Without debating who it might be, let's say at maximum, they take out 8 of the Melee roster (and I do stress, 'at maximum'). It will probably be less, but I'm just trying to get a ball park minimum for the new game here. Also, this remaining 18 includes redone characters, such as a new moveset for Ganondorf or a Wind Waker variation for Young Link.

Now, we know of four definite newcomers - Meta Knight, Pit, Wario and Snake - so that bumps us up to at least 22.

Of course, in Melee, we were treated to 14 new characters. I would expect that Sakurai would be mindful to match this at the very least, which means an extra 10 characters on top of the 22 so far, leaving us with an educated ballpark minimum of 32.

Of course, I know a lot of people have made an educated guess, but god, have I seen some stupid **** said on this forum regarding the roster size...

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I say we will get about 35 characters. That seems reasonable and would please me enough as long as we got good characters. You forgot Zamus.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
leaving us with an educated ballpark minimum of 32.
Mirai, that's the most sensible, realistic prediction i have seen for the final roster size. :)

I think there will be 30-32 characters in the roster. That may seem a little low for some of you optimists out there, but heck, it's not like I'm gonna be cheesed off that I'm wrong cos there's more characters in the actual game.

30 is the minimum amount that i would be happy with, and i would be happily surprised if there's more. IMO, this is better than hoping for 60 and being disappointed when the actual roster is revealed.

You forgot Zamus.
I believe Mirai is assuming that Zamus would somehow be joined with traditional Samus to form one character.

Any other final roster suggestions? Feel free to contradict everything i just said :grin:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I would say about 35 seeing as 32 is like you said the Minimum (But i think the absolute maximum would be 40).

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Max I think would be no over 44 no lower than 32. They can easily fit the amount of characters...question is, do they want to? O_o
And if Zamus is Samus then that character is killed and no one is gonna play the same. People assume it will be a down B transformation...that would take out bomb recovery!
I speculate she will transform after that big beam(assuming it is her final smash) then the armor shatters, making it optional.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
oh creo, u argue to EVERYTHING i say...

maybe when she fires a fully charged B shot her suit comes off, then one of Zamus's move would be to change back to her power suit like in zero mission.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well I argue because I am correct. If they transformed from the blast, they wouldn't be able to use another final smash. Once per match! If you could just keep using it then that wouldn't be fair.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
It is fact that you can use final smash once per match therefore, most likely not gonna happen, although it can, I doubt they will do something like that. (my last post)That was being cocky...sorry.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
There may be other ways to embed Zamus into Samus. The final smash theory nd transform theory are not the only theories circulating SWF.

Top Bottom