• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samurai Goroh for SSBB

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I agree Captain Falcon is a GREAT character well to me atleast :laugh:
But Goroh would be an AWSOME character, but I would like him as a Swordsman!
But I can see where you are going with a Wario like character, lol they're both fat :laugh:
But again I'm a Falcon user, so I do not want him replaced but I want to see more F-Zero chacters, I really don't mind which character as long as it isn't the old guy or some complete *** character!
They aren't going to replace the Captain.

Samurai isn't really "fat." Take a look at one of his pictures: it's all muscle. He's very beefy. But with the Wario thing, I really mean he should be fast/agile for his size. And, as I've gone on before about the sword...it should only be use for a few moves, not his whole moveset.

I've always thought Goroh was the worst thing to happen to the F-Zero series, he looks stupid and doesn't in any way have a compelling story, /shrug. If they were going to add him, or anyone else from F-Zero, you can't predict the moveset at all, just look at falcon, was anything in his moveset from the F-Zero games at all?
uhh...say what? He was one of the original four in the SNES game. How could he be the worst thing to happen to the F-Zero series?

Goroh and Falcon have the most background together. It's a no-brainer.

Kalypso

Smash Journeyman

Samurai isn't really "fat." Take a look at one of his pictures: it's all muscle. He's very beefy. But with the Wario thing, I really mean he should be fast/agile for his size. And, as I've gone on before about the sword...it should only be use for a few moves, not his whole moveset.

uhh...say what? He was one of the original four in the SNES game. How could he be the worst thing to happen to the F-Zero series?

No one was shown in the SNES games, the characters didn't exist really, only the cars. At least thats all I remember, and I played SNES F-Zero for years. The character stories in those games are inconsequential anyway though, because no one really cares who they are, only about driving really really fast. Goroh just sticks out because, again, he's boring and stupid looking, yet thrust into the spotlight of 'Arch-nemesis.' Motivation for this? Nothing. Reason to care? Nothing. But he keeps appearing in the games, slowly gaining more and more 'back-pedalling plot' to try and explain why he was there in the first place.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
No one was shown in the SNES games, the characters didn't exist really, only the cars. At least thats all I remember, and I played SNES F-Zero for years. The character stories in those games are inconsequential anyway though, because no one really cares who they are, only about driving really really fast. Goroh just sticks out because, again, he's boring and stupid looking, yet thrust into the spotlight of 'Arch-nemesis.' Motivation for this? Nothing. Reason to care? Nothing. But he keeps appearing in the games, slowly gaining more and more 'back-pedalling plot' to try and explain why he was there in the first place.
He was in the instructions manual for F-Zero. They all existed in the original. And the backstories is one of the interesting things about the game. If it was just a straight-up racer, then no one would give a crap about it. The fact that there are a wide variety of characters with interlacing backgrounds is why people play it.

CrzyFalcon989

Smash Rookie

Yeah I was joking about the fat part. Yes, Goroh is a beefy character and I can see moves similiar to Wario.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
They won't be anywhere similar to Wario's unless Samurai of course is a slob that plays mini-games where you pick someones nose in his free time. Goroh, if he makes it, will be a heavy character, with powerful attacks and of course use his sword none the less. Take him as being as Ganondorf type slow, but powerful to throw off a undesirable trait. His moveset will have to be originated out of creativity, because Goroh doesn't have a list of moves they could pull out of the F-Zero series.

Kalypso

Smash Journeyman
He was in the instructions manual for F-Zero. They all existed in the original. And the backstories is one of the interesting things about the game. If it was just a straight-up racer, then no one would give a crap about it. The fact that there are a wide variety of characters with interlacing backgrounds is why people play it.
Uh... no. People play F-Zero because it has a unique playstyle for a racing game, where you have extremely fast cars with high maneuverability. That's the basis the game has always gone on, getting your car damaged by going too fast then repairing it in the little purple fields, etc. The backstory has nothing to do with why people play it, 'story' to almost any game that isn't an adventure/rpg game is unnecessary.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I don't see how someone can not like Goroh.
Face it, ALL the characters from F-Zero are incredibly cheesy, some are just so bad they're good again. At least that's the only way I can explain to myself that some people are able to play Captain Falcon without feeling the urge to die.
Goroh is just the type of "so bad it's good" that I like. As Wiseguy put it, he's awesome "in an 80s rockstar kinda way".

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Uh... no. People play F-Zero because it has a unique playstyle for a racing game, where you have extremely fast cars with high maneuverability. That's the basis the game has always gone on, getting your car damaged by going too fast then repairing it in the little purple fields, etc. The backstory has nothing to do with why people play it, 'story' to almost any game that isn't an adventure/rpg game is unnecessary.
Okay, okay, true...but they are still interesting to read. And besides, if you know there's a little background between two people and that they have history together, it makes the competition and the outcome a little more interesting than if they were just two random people racing/fighting/whatever...

(just as an example, two basketball teams who have never met playing each other in the NCAA tournament is far less interesting than two rivals having to duke it out, even if their history together has nothing to do with the actual sport itself)

Ryuujiin

Smash Apprentice
sorry to disappoint you but goroh's not playable. but he is still in the game. check out the latest update on smashbros.com. you did get your wish to some degree ^_^.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple too
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird
Is popping out to say "cuckoo"
Cuckoo, cuckoo

Regretfully they tell us Cuckoo, cuckoo
But firmly they compel us Cuckoo, cuckoo
To say goodbye . . .
Cuckoo!
. . . to you

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu
Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu

So long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen
I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye -- Goodbye!
I'm glad to go, I cannot tell a lie
I flit, I float, I fleetly flee, I fly
The sun has gone to bed and so must I

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye

Goodbye!

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
But in the eeeeeeeeeeend, the tread didn't even maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatter...

Yeah, I'll stop with the bad Linkin Park ripoff >_>

Well, at least he is technically in.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Samurai Goroh officially UNconfirmed darnit... sorry buddies.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
One question. What's so bad about him being an assist trophy? He's still in the game, is he not? At least you have your character in the game, right?

NukeA6

Smash Master
LOL You guys are messed up.

I will admit though, I think there are better F-Zero characters and Samurai Goroh appears to be boring.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'm not totally upset that Goroh is an AT, but my one fear is that the Captain will continue to be the sole rep for the F-Zero franchise...

Fawriel

Smash Master
....who could possibly be a better secondary rep than Goroh? Goroh has some actual, you know, personality. Plus significance, plus an actual sort of originality that some people seem to deny him.

The only other possibility is, what'shisface, Dark Shadow? Wasn't he also the villain in that one anime show? No, wait.
Seriously, if Goroh's not the secondary rep, it means that no-one will be.
Sakurai probably wanted to avoid only enlarging the current series in order to be able to add more new franchises.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
bummer man, Goroh was my only pick for the F-Zero series to make it in. oh well i'm not too upset, cause at least he made it in.

really though, Falcon will probably be the only one still

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Maybe Sakurai just doesn't like Samurai Goroh. I mean, they spelled his name was spelled wrong in the website.

>_>

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Possibly his other arch rival Black Shadow? I wouldn't mind Black Shadow because he has a little more darkness and personality to him. Plus, he created Blood Falcon who also hates Falcon...and it would be cool to use Falcon's Blood Falcon costume and fight alongside Black Shadow.

I REEALLY want another F-Zero character in...Falcon needs the opportunity to knee one of those other races in the face. Seriously.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Oh well...This just means we can get another better character who ISN'T a sword user. Be happy he is in the game at all.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Maybe Sakurai just doesn't like Samurai Goroh. I mean, they spelled his name was spelled wrong in the website.

>_>
You might be onto something. On Sakurai's "poll", the characater was totally absent - meaning that he didn't respond to anyone who suggested the character. Instead, we see Black Shadow...

And now, Sakurai goes out of his way to say "In your collective faces! This update is all about how 'Goro' ISN'T in Brawl! Eat it Goroh fans!"

Okay maybe not, but that's what I would do for Sheik...

Anyway, alas poor Goroh. We barely knew thee.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I am? Woo!
Woo! Nope.

The name isn't even spelled incorrectly, it's one of many possible transcriptions from Japanese to English, and Sakurai isn't who translates these.
And it doesn't matter THAT much whom Sakurai likes and whom he doesn't. If it was that, we'd already have Lolo or what'shecalled in Melee, and he would've taken Roy out of the American version if I remember correctly.

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
This entire samurai goroh fan club got their hopes and dreams crushed today...

I like it.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
This entire samurai goroh fan club got their hopes and dreams crushed today...
I'm not a Goroh fan; I'm a Captain Falcon fan...I really really want him to have someone from his own franchise to beat up...he's lonely as it is...:(

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Wow...a historic day indeed. Goroh is the first character, possibly EVER, to be negative confirmed. They seemed to go out of their way to tell us that Goroh won't be playable.

Ouch.

Top Bottom