• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samurai Goroh for SSBB

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if I seemed a bit on the "woe is me" side yesterday. Now that it's two days after Goroh, I'm feeling a bit better. I'm glad Captain Falcon's semi-confirmed now.^^

And when I made that comment about Diddy and Ridley... I didn't mean to sound like I WANT them as ATs! Never! Ridley and (especially) Diddy deserve to be in Brawl... even more than Goroh, I must admit.

But it just seemed like Goroh had everything on his side. Fan support, fame, close ties to the major character, many games, a major character from a major game series, a weapon to base a moveset on... have you seen any of my posts debating Goroh? Go look at some of those, particularly the one I did for the "Rate their Chances" thread... it's somewhere in the seventy pages, I think.

And Smashboy6666... what's your deal? Are you pro-Goroh, or are you an anti-Goroh here to rub this in our faces? Go back to the "Blaziken for Brawl" thread where you belong.

Goroh... well, he seems to have a multi-slash technique... I'm not sure if he'll move or not (please don't make Goroh leap off a cliff to his death >.<)... but it seems similar to that slash technique that Meta-Knight used in the first trailer, but with longer range and maybe more strikes.

Anyway... here's to hoping: Samurai Goroh for the NEXT Smash Bros!

Caael

Smash Lord
prapar 2 b pwnd, gyus w my smartz cuz i will crussh ur sattementt...

Dewd guys...Goroh is toutly goig 2bn Brwl!!1 AND just so you no...Ridely is teh suk and he will NOT bn b/c nobdy likes Ridely. U guyz must all be twelv or sumthinng. And, b/c i am so smart, yah, ima geeneus wth my all-pwrful arguments! Dark Sames is gonig 2bn Brawl, not that big Ridely cuz HE'S 2 BG 4 TEH SCRNN GUYZ!!1111ONE! c'mon, uze ur hedz, u mst b like 12 or sumthin.

Tingle over Midna, 2, and kng dedeed will not bn eithr cz kirby alredi has 2 manney reps, guys. duh. OH, and i shuld inform u, w/ my supeeiriour smarst that diddy will not bn cuz dunky jr. will and OH meowth is teh most popuhlaur pokiman everz so...he will bn2.

srusly gusy...ridely is 2 big 2bn and u guz r dum if u rilly blive hell bn...and if u do, u mst be 12, cmon...

i just crushed ur statmint ha!
I lol'd so hard at that...

SmashYou6666, change the number in your sig to 4, because I officially hate you.
And that.

SmashYou6666, you have just lost the right to breathe. Breathe just ONCE and I will hunt you down and get Ridley to eat you. You make me more angry than Dylan Tnga when a nub insults wavedashing.

I'm....no i'm just way way to angry at him to even try to make an arguement. But you guy's pwned him good! Hi-five!

On topic: I think Goroh will be like a slashy Marill. I wonder how AC's will dissapear. Run off the edge? Just dissappear? Mix?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
It would be pretty neat if, when Goro finished slashing, his Fire Stingray (or whatever it's called) picked him up and he drove / flew off. Just an idea. =)

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
It would be pretty neat if, when Goro finished slashing, his Fire Stingray (or whatever it's called) picked him up and he drove / flew off. Just an idea. =)
And then he gets crushed by a boulder and Captain Falcon neutral Bs him in the face. Then, of course, Blood Falcon will have to come out and start whining about something and then Captain Falcon will just snake everywhere on the screen until he wins the race.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
its so fun though patronising you...
i think a flying koopa will swoop down and carry him away

edit: what the guy above me posted was hilarious

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Drat! You stole my idea. Maybe the Fire Stingray would collide with the fighters and send them flying, so it would act like Wario's motorcycle. And yes, it's called the Fire Stingray. My other idea would be to have him toss a smoke capsule at his feet and pull a Houdini in a puff of smoke. I dunno, I just saw some guy do it on TV a minute ago.

I've also considered Goroh acting like Marill... but I just get a picture of him in my mind swinging his sword around and bouncing up and down cutely (:laugh:) along a flat stage until someone uses their F-Smash and kills him. (Although Goroh is immortal... I mean, invincible). He better get sound effects, and I don't mean the cling-clang of his sword pwning everyone.

Something else crossed my mind a little while ago... remember how, if I recall correctly, Balloon Fighter was on Melee's beta version, but when the game was released he wasn't on the roster? Or how Nintendo considered leaving Marth and Roy in the Japan-only Melee and not bringing them to America? It's doubtful, but maybe there's hope that he'll be an AT in the beta but they'll change him to playable for the actual release? I dunno, there's still a small part of me that has hope...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Samurai Goroh as a Trophy and not a playable character is the biggest load of bull **** I ever heard.

C'mon Sakurai, now you're just trying to make Brawl suck, aren't you?

Hax

Smash Champion
Nair - Sword Whip
-Quickly pulls out his katana and does a midair somersault, damaging enemies all around
LOL i can imagine goroh doing that.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Samurai Goroh as a Trophy and not a playable character is the biggest load of bull **** I ever heard.

I think I'm making that into my sig.

I still have this funny feeling in my gut that Sakurai is going to turn around and say "J/K, Goroh's playable", or "We've opened a new poll- we can make Goroh playable, but it'll require delaying Brawl's release by two days. What do the fans think?" (I'd be willing to wait two days or even a week!)

BTW, I think the AT that'll be most fun to get will be Dr. Wright now.

VivaLaPuff

Smash Apprentice

Yeah... that's a bit much. I don't know if you're being sarcastic or anything, but who cares if Goroh isn't playable? Chances are some other F-Zero driver will show up somewhere.

Caael

Smash Lord
I think I'm making that into my sig.

I still have this funny feeling in my gut that Sakurai is going to turn around and say "J/K, Goroh's playable", or "We've opened a new poll- we can make Goroh playable, but it'll require delaying Brawl's release by two days. What do the fans think?" (I'd be willing to wait two days or even a week!)

BTW, I think the AT that'll be most fun to get will be Dr. Wright now.
You're very persistant, aren't you.

Goroh is not going to be playable in any shape or form without hacking. Sakurai isn't just going to say ' Dont worry, we're actually going to be playable after all, due to a few fans complaining about it. ' Seriously, do you really think that he's going to change the game just for a small fanbase?

It's really quite pathetic to keep going on about something that is confirmed not to happen. Goroh will definately not be playable. If you love him that much, buy AR.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
I doubt even hacking could make him playable. The code and animations and everything simply won't be there.

the grim lizard

Smash Master

"…And trust me, it’s the best Smash Bros ever. By far."
-Reggie Fils-Aime, e3 press conference

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
"…And trust me, it’s the best Smash Bros ever. By far."
-Reggie Fils-Aime, e3 press conference
John Romero said Daikatana would be the best FPS ever, and look what happened. It sucked ***.

Anyway, sarcasm isn't for you. Of COURSE he isn't going "Hmm..., I wonder how I can make this game suck," but making Goroh an assist instead of a full character was a really, REALLY dumb move.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
John Romero said Daikatana would be the best FPS ever, and look what happened. It sucked ***.
I don't know who that is, and I've never heard of Daikatana. FPSs blow anyway (apart from MP series, which hardly counts), and Smash is in a different category. Besides, I'm pretty sure Goroh not being in it isn't going to make the game suck. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's the reason he was left out...just another boring swordsman (not that I find swordsmen boring, mind you).

Top Bottom