• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saltus Combo (testers wanted) *please read thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
First off, don't love me (......ok, you can lol), but love Primus for the song :chuckle:

Second, ok I thought so just as much. I was worried this would limit stage picking but nevermind it's all good haha.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
First off, don't love me (......ok, you can lol), but love Primus for the song :chuckle:

Second, ok I thought so just as much. I was worried this would limit stage picking but nevermind it's all good haha.
The only thing that might mess this combo up is Yoshi's Island.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
im still calling this the saltus combo, everytime i type or say savior combo it looks and sounds gay rofl sorry

good stuff tho

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
all savior did was take innocentroads combo and instead of doing needle storm to a needle . he just reset the combo. why call it savior combo. when all you did was resetting innocentroads combo...

saviorslegacy

all savior did was take innocentroads combo and instead of doing needle storm to a needle . he just reset the combo. why call it savior combo. when all you did was resetting innocentroads combo...
My question is why didn't anyone think of such a simple thing before?

salaboB

Smash Champion
My question is why didn't anyone think of such a simple thing before?
Probably because it was found to not work on the characters they wanted to use it on and they didn't test exhaustively to find the six it did work on.

saviorslegacy

Probably because it was found to not work on the characters they wanted to use it on and they didn't test exhaustively to find the six it did work on.
*The six that it works on are the same six that Innocentraods performed his footstool on.

You have a bit of a point there. See what happens when people try to pursue things. You get unexpected results and stuff. Metagames are evolving. Just really slow <_<

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
ITT: welcome to brawl where people will steal your ideas and name them after themselves.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
savior combo?

Really guys?

I guess it's time to revert back to Hyphen Smashing.
Good to see you on the boards again Sinkinghigher, been kicking some *** on exams?

Anyways like I've said earlier he change the name to "savor combo" upon popular demand within the thread since it was "the savor against meta knight" now that it's been disprove to work on meta knighting among majority of the cast I think it should revert back to it's Latin name for jump which I still can't remember >_< ...saltus?

salaboB

Smash Champion
My point was ignored.
Innocentraods made the other footstool on people who weren't MK and Snake.
And nobody cared to extend it because it wasn't MK or Snake.

MK in particular really does overshadow a lot of the game's techs -- if they don't work against him, people are less likely to care about them (Unless they're really easy inescapables, the character has a lot of trouble with *everyone* and needs all the help they can get, or they work on a majority of the cast)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
What characters are left to help test on? I'll do it.

This may have just gotten you another Sheik player, lol.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Good to see you on the boards again Sinkinghigher, been kicking some *** on exams?

Anyways like I've said earlier he change the name to "savor combo" upon popular demand within the thread since it was "the savor against meta knight" now that it's been disprove to work on meta knighting among majority of the cast I think it should revert back to it's Latin name for jump which I still can't remember >_< ...saltus?
Hey Tristan. Actually yeah. I've been brawling on and off, but just hanging around in the zelda XAT chat.

Hopefully I'll get around the refurbishing the sheik guide, but most of the people I respected are gone. I just really don't see a point.

As for whatever the hell this chain is... it's just a variation of the innocent road vid.

f-tilt > footstool > fastfall aerial > X

It's like the difference between kentucky fried chicken and kentucky grilled chicken.

Honestly, sheik can handle anyone besides the elites and marth (possibly a good GW and Olimar too). If you're having trouble with the other characters it's most likely you being predictable, not sheik. I don't see why finding combos against Link are useful...

Let me know if you can brawl some time soon Tristan. I've only played you once and it's a shame.

saviorslegacy

I agree... the last vid that I uploaded was called Saltus. I corrected my other youtube video's too. So I will probally just go through and finish erasing it.
And nobody cared to extend it because it wasn't MK or Snake.

MK in particular really does overshadow a lot of the game's techs -- if they don't work against him, people are less likely to care about them (Unless they're really easy inescapables, the character has a lot of trouble with *everyone* and needs all the help they can get, or they work on a majority of the cast)
It helps Sheik with some hard match ups. ie G&W and Olimar
Well worth it.
What characters are left to help test on? I'll do it.

This may have just gotten you another Sheik player, lol.
Pretty much everyone. I know two people to test with. 1 hates Brawl cuz I have made him test so much (which is one of the reasons why I Brawl CPU's to test decay combo's).
The other (my best friend) I see off and on every week and he hates testing since I have forced him to do it in the past.

So pretty much I just have me to test with. Unfortunetly I can't DI and Saltus at the same time.
Hey Tristan. Actually yeah. I've been brawling on and off, but just hanging around in the zelda XAT chat.

Hopefully I'll get around the refurbishing the sheik guide, but most of the people I respected are gone. I just really don't see a point.

As for whatever the hell this chain is... it's just a variation of the innocent road vid.

f-tilt > footstool > fastfall aerial > X

It's like the difference between kentucky fried chicken and kentucky grilled chicken.

Honestly, sheik can handle anyone besides the elites and marth (possibly a good GW and Olimar too). If you're having trouble with the other characters it's most likely you being predictable, not sheik. I don't see why finding combos against Link are useful...

Let me know if you can brawl some time soon Tristan. I've only played you once and it's a shame.
Lucky.. I rarely Brawl people now. I pretty much hate online play cuz it screws me up so bad and it is rare that I get good matches IRL.

What new is there to add? I am going to list all of her combo's and strings in my guide so you don't need to add those.
I personally think it is perfect right now. Good guide TBH.

basically... which is why I am calling it Saltus (Latin for jump).

lol... I was beating S.O.L.I.D's Marth with Sheik. Option queen can take care of every match up. You just have to know how to adjust your playstyle.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol... I was beating S.O.L.I.D's Marth with Sheik. Option queen can take care of every match up. You just have to know how to adjust your playstyle.
Are you trying to say that SOLID's Marth is good? On Wifi...?! Because, you know.....

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer

really?

reeeeaaaaalllllllllyyyy?

edit: and if you didn't take the hint please do not use him as the basis for a good marth

saviorslegacy

Are you trying to say that SOLID's Marth is good? On Wifi...?! Because, you know.....
Hahahaha.. point made. I thought he was good for wi-fi. Then again both of us were being constricted due to wi-fi. So they were pretty even matches.

I lost my edge when he learned how to fight Sheik though. <,<

:EDIT:
Yah I got the point.
Probally the best Marth I have fought was a guy by the name of Zero. That was one epic Marth. I beat it like 30% of the time though. Stupid guy would do freakin CG's that I had no idea existead! @-@

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Okay first of all, there are few characters that suffer worse from Wifi than Marth. Second of all, SOLID is nowhere near a high-level Marth.

saviorslegacy

Okay first of all, there are few characters that suffer worse from Wifi than Marth. Second of all, SOLID is nowhere near a high-level Marth.
*Sheik suffers worse

I don't want to comment on that. I think he is a cool guy. So I will leave it at that.

I still say that she can take on everyone in the game. My bro mains Meta and R.O.B. So I say MK is pretty much even.
<3's room mate mains IC's. He says that the match up is over rated.

Basically she has so many playstyles it is no wonder people say "oh that match up isn't that hard". It's cuz they play someone who mains that character and they know how to handle them.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lain lives in my state. He placed 3rd at Apex with IC's. I think the matchup is far from overrated.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
basically... which is why I am calling it Saltus (Latin for jump).
To quote Steel2nd,

"...

really?

reeeeaaaaalllllllllyyyy?"

Even if Jump combo made sense, why would you go with Latin? Does that make it cooler or better? You're apparently trying to make guides and such for the general public to understand, then you go using Latin.

Bahahahaha. This is why I "left" the Sheik boards.

Alright, well, bye guys. I'll message you later Tristan.

salaboB

Smash Champion
It helps Sheik with some hard match ups. ie G&W and Olimar
Well worth it.
You asked why it wasn't tested out before, I answered to the best of my understanding.

If you don't like that, I don't mind -- but I wasn't saying I agreed with the reason. Only that that was likely the reason.

saviorslegacy

You asked why it wasn't tested out before, I answered to the best of my understanding.

If you don't like that, I don't mind -- but I wasn't saying I agreed with the reason. Only that that was likely the reason.
No, what I am saying is that IR went through the trouble to make that other combo. He should have noticed this but it was completely left out.
This combo is more effective than his.. harder though.
So your idea doesn't check. No offense though. It was a good theory.

:EDIT:
There's nothing wrong with calling it Saltus. I am using it as a Proper Noun so it shouldn't be that hard to understand.
Oh... and the reason why I like it is cuz I have a thing for the root of most languages. Its like a mysterious enigma. That said I use Latin often in my book.

-_- fine.. bye.....

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
To quote Steel2nd,

"...

really?

reeeeaaaaalllllllllyyyy?"

Even if Jump combo made sense, why would you go with Latin? Does that make it cooler or better? You're apparently trying to make guides and such for the general public to understand, then you go using Latin.

Bahahahaha. This is why I "left" the Sheik boards.

Alright, well, bye guys. I'll message you later Tristan.
This ^^^

Is why I left.

>.>

The only name I can think of that makes sense is 'footstool combo' And its pretty obvious why that can't be used.

As if the name mattered anyway.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
YEAH GUYS, AWESOME REASON TO "LEAVE" (even though you're still here)

stfu losers

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
YEAH GUYS, AWESOME REASON TO "LEAVE" (even though you're still here)

stfu losers
NEO likes butthole, you fellows will never appreciate how decadent butthole really is.

saviorslegacy

BACK ON TOPIC!!!

To <3:
It became the Savior Combo because people wanted it.... now it has become the Saltus Combo because people didn't want the Savior Combo to be its name. I don't really care... Saltus was my first choice though......

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I have been wondering this for a little while now. How exactly was this combo being tested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom