• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Salt Mini Mafia | Game Over | Victors: Town

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Omar could be hinting at lolazerz being scum because he wants to take down a townie with him. He knows he's gonna be lynched, so if he arouses suspicion on a townie, he could help out his partner and get us down to a 3-person situation by two days from now.

Not saying that's definitely what's happening, but I think Omar might be trying to take down the person who is most likely associated with him.

Maven89

Smash Master
Omar could be hinting at lolazerz being scum because he wants to take down a townie with him. He knows he's gonna be lynched, so if he arouses suspicion on a townie, he could help out his partner and get us down to a 3-person situation by two days from now.
Yeah this was my thought too, but I think it's just a likely I misread what he said and what Omar claimed he meant was accurate, because that fits just as well

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lolazerz makes 4. That's a hammer.
I believe Lolazerz just hammered his scum mate to keep discussion from continuing, and as a defense (why would I hammer my own team mate?) The answer is because the rest of us would have anyways, and you wanted to put distance between yourself and he.
I expect a scum flip here, and my eyes will be firmly on lolazerz D2.
I assume I won't be a NK target because I'm the other major person of interest, and scum would want to keep a high profile player in the game and kill someone with no connections.

Maven89

Smash Master
Hmm, is that Dastrn making an excuse for why he's not going to get night killed? Plausible deniability? I dunno, but that raised my eyebrow. Double checking that slot tomorrow

@ JayTheUnseen JayTheUnseen We got a lynch

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
ShinySkarmory7
SwordMaster0
Maven12
Lolazerz4
Spak20
Omar11
Dastrn18

(includes this post, does not any posts not related to the game.)

Average post count including all 7 players is 10.28 posts per player.
Average post count excluding Sword Master is 12.

@ lolazerz lolazerz , is there a reason you are massively behind average? Ignoring our non-player, you have posted 1/3 of the average. If you posted 6 reasonably full posts in a row right now, you'd still be below average. Why are you hiding? In most games, I advocate killing inactives on day 1, but since this is mini-mafia, we don't have as much room for error. You're general inactivity is anti-town behavior, and the fact that all you've really done is quasi-defend our primary target but make several statements to get yourself out of it being a defense just in case also looks scummy in case of a scum flip on Omar, who is now at L-1 after Spak's vote just now.

You need to get in the game if you expect to live through D2.
Haha, check this out:

Lolazerz, since this post, has made SEVEN posts, when I told him 6 would just barely not be enough to be average. When I told him inactivity would get him lynched, he got active. When we told him that his activity of quasi-defending was our reason for him being a scum target, he went on the massive offensive.

It's like he read my post and said "oh sh*t, I will do exactly the opposite of what I have been doing. That will show them I'm innocent!"

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
:) Maven I knew that would be your question. I decided it was worth posting anyways, but I'm glad that you see things like that and think twice instead of taking them for face value.

Also, don't prod the mod on an early hammer. Let's use every minute of available talking before the mod gives us a flip. This is useful time, and it's in short supply.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
:) Maven I knew that would be your question. I decided it was worth posting anyways, but I'm glad that you see things like that and think twice instead of taking them for face value.

Also, don't prod the mod on an early hammer. Let's use every minute of available talking before the mod gives us a flip. This is useful time, and it's in short supply.
Over five and a half hours later...

Is there anything that anyone wants to go over in the meantime? Did anyone notice something about contradictory/suspicious posts that were missed while scrolling back through the thread?

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
Haha, check this out:

Lolazerz, since this post, has made SEVEN posts, when I told him 6 would just barely not be enough to be average. When I told him inactivity would get him lynched, he got active. When we told him that his activity of quasi-defending was our reason for him being a scum target, he went on the massive offensive.

It's like he read my post and said "oh sh*t, I will do exactly the opposite of what I have been doing. That will show them I'm innocent!"
I mean you could believe that even though I told you that I've been having to move and haven't been able to keep myself as active as I wanted. And if you're gonna point to this post taking a while to come in then your gonna have to excuse me for attending a smash tournament.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
It could also be that Dastrn is looking very hard into any of Omar's posts just to find anything that could be seen as suspicious so he could make all of us think of Omar as un fry de french.

And I don't want anyone to think that I'm jumping to Omar's side on this post. If you'll scroll up a little bit you can see that I'm still suspicious of him for coming out with all of his thoughts right after someone telling him not to or he'll be a target. Maybe he did that because he can't be a target? And maybe Dastrn is just trying to find any shred of treachery inside of Omar's post.

TLDR: Dastrn really wants us to believe him, maybe so he could improve the general consensus about him. I'm not jumping to Omar's side with this, he's still pretty suspicious
You're saying I'm suspicious for being the inferring something about Omar's post, but then you infer the same thing, but say you're not defending him, but then say you think he's suspicious but then say i'm suspicious for thinking he's suspicious but clarify that you're not defending him.......circular as hell. Illogical as hell.

I understand what you're saying, lolazerz, but I'm actually not focusing much on Omar's posts at all right now. I'm interacting with spak and shiny skarmory's posts. I concurred with what a few of you mentioned about Omar being inconsistent early, which is dumb-or-scum (not using the phrase to be rude, just a common convention for day 1) and put him at the top of my early list with a vote but was careful not to let him be at L-2 for any period of time in which a bandwagon of 2 fries or 1 townie and 1 fry could hammer this early.
Me responding to you, even though you're accusing me now of not responding to you.

I'm getting a town-vibe from Spak and as for Omar. I don't yet know what to think of him, he has a lot of people targeting him but I want to see how he re-acts to this before I accuse him.
You flipping BACK to saying you don't know what to think of him, even though your prior post said "He's still pretty suspicious."

Post counts:
ShinySkarmory - 6
SwordMaster - 0
Maven - 8
Lolazerz - 4
Spak - 18
Omar - 10
Dastrn - 11
Then this.

ShinySkarmory7
SwordMaster0
Maven12
Lolazerz4
Spak20
Omar11
Dastrn18

(includes this post, does not any posts not related to the game.)

Average post count including all 7 players is 10.28 posts per player.
Average post count excluding Sword Master is 12.

@ lolazerz lolazerz , is there a reason you are massively behind average? Ignoring our non-player, you have posted 1/3 of the average. If you posted 6 reasonably full posts in a row right now, you'd still be below average. Why are you hiding? In most games, I advocate killing inactives on day 1, but since this is mini-mafia, we don't have as much room for error. You're general inactivity is anti-town behavior, and the fact that all you've really done is quasi-defend our primary target but make several statements to get yourself out of it being a defense just in case also looks scummy in case of a scum flip on Omar, who is now at L-1 after Spak's vote just now.

You need to get in the game if you expect to live through D2.
This I posted this, putting pressure on you.

So you scrambled.

Yah there really isn't but you could at least give out your suspicions of who you think the fench frys are. Or you could tell us some last thoughts.
Asking him for his impressions while he was at L-1.

I'll admit if Omar flips Town it'd be real interesting especially givin how he's not defending himself right now. If Scum then really would anyone be surprised, he has been fairly suspiciouso. I guess I will end up voting on him

Vote: Omar
Hammering NINE MINUTES LATER, effectively ending the day early, although I don't know why our mod has given us 24 hours with no flip. I've never seen this before in dozens of games played. You should have expected the day to end within an hour or two, with a loss of over 24 hours of talking done, which is what you were pretending to ask for nine minutes earlier.
Early hammers like this happen by scum. This is why I unvoted early on post 58. I didn't want him at L-2 so early because bandwagons happen by scum jumping on and ending days early.

That makes majority
Omar, I think I can smell some salt on that coat of yours!
Proof that you knew this was a hammer, and that it wasn't a mistake.

Ha! Gotcha, that basically confirmed that you're a deep fried - son of an irishman
Sounds super fake. Subjective opinion, but I'm allowed to have one, especially when I have all of THAT ^ ^ to look back on and interpret things through.

Haha, check this out:

Me explaining explicitly another example of why I read you as scum. This is actually encouraging me to read you as scum regardless of omar's flip, although a dirty omar flip will almost seal the deal on you in my mind.

So......YES, I did explicitly explain why I thought you were a scum read. Thanks for wasting my time, but at least it's all in one place now.

I'm getting back to work.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
So... I should be dead by now, Sword master wants to be replaced, and JaytheUnseen has been inactive for two days...

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
So... I should be dead by now, Sword master wants to be replaced, and JaytheUnseen has been inactive for two days...
Well, since Jay's MIA, do you have any last things you want to say before the lynch?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Sorry, I've been keeping myself busy.

ShinySkarmory[0]
Sword Master[0]
lolazerz[0]
Omar_25[4]: Shiny Skarmory, Spak, Dastrn, lolazerz
Spak[0]
Maven89[0]
Dastern[0]

Not Voting:
Sword Master, Maven89, Omar,

A lynch has been reached!
Omar_25, French Fry[ Mafia ] has been lynched!

Night 1 begins. No posting in the thread until the next day phase. PM me any night actions you wish to take.

Also, I have a replacement ready for Sword Master-if said person confirms, he will replace Sword Master starting next Day phase.

Deadline to send in Night actions is Saturday at 5:00PM CST.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
All night actions have been sent in, and thus the day will begin now.

No one has died during this night.

Orboknown replaces Sword Master.
Day 2 begins, with the deadline as Friday next week ( 7/24 ) at 5:00PM CST.

Surviving Players:
@shinyskarmory
@ Orboknown Orboknown
@ lolazerz lolazerz
@ Spak Spak
@ Maven89 Maven89
@ Dastrn Dastrn

With 6 alive, it takes a majority of 4 votes to lynch a player.

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
For those that weren't aware

Lolazerz makes 4. That's a hammer.
I believe Lolazerz just hammered his scum mate to keep discussion from continuing, and as a defense (why would I hammer my own team mate?) The answer is because the rest of us would have anyways, and you wanted to put distance between yourself and he.
I expect a scum flip here, and my eyes will be firmly on lolazerz D2.
I assume I won't be a NK target because I'm the other major person of interest, and scum would want to keep a high profile player in the game and kill someone with no connections.
was Dastrn attempting to manipulate the mafia away from NKing him and towards them NKing Swordmaster so we wouldn't have an empty slot to deal with tomorrow

Hmm, is that Dastrn making an excuse for why he's not going to get night killed? Plausible deniability? I dunno, but that raised my eyebrow. Double checking that slot tomorrow

@ JayTheUnseen JayTheUnseen We got a lynch
was me trying to help him out. I think he realized that but I'm not sure when he told me to look for double meanings

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
kk, I'm the doc. I saved Dastrn last night (assuming that the Mafia attacked).

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm....

@ lolazerz lolazerz , do you have a claim? You should be ready for this question, since you were known to be under fire in case of omar was a scum flip

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ lolazerz lolazerz if you are vt then I have this game solved. Speak up as soon as you can and then I'll explain what I figured out.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh I think he said he was at a smash tournament this weekend? Does anyone know, or want to check his post history to see?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I mean you could believe that even though I told you that I've been having to move and haven't been able to keep myself as active as I wanted. And if you're gonna point to this post taking a while to come in then your gonna have to excuse me for attending a smash tournament.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Well, we've got until Friday and it's like 4:39 (I think?) over there on the west coast. He'll get back eventually.

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
oh I think he said he was at a smash tournament this weekend? Does anyone know, or want to check his post history to see?
I never did say I was going to a tourney just that I had attended one but you are correct in saying that I was at a tourney ( for proof here's the Challonge link: http://challonge.com/oombasmashjuly17 I was told I got top 5 but apparently not : ( )

Hi, yah I'm here now and my role is a townie

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
You are NOT vanilla town. I know this because I am the napkin tracker. I tracked you, and you targeted me last night. Spak claimed doc and says he saved me. That leaves only 1 targeting role left, and that's you, the fry, targeting me.

IF you had counter-claimed doc, then we would have had to kill you both, in turn. We would have started with you anyways because we all suspected you anyways (see my wall of text above.) If you happened to flip doc, that would mean that spak was the scum. We'd end the day at 5, lose 1 at night, and then it'd be 3 immediate votes Day 3 for Spak, and we'd still win.
But you won't flip doc. You'll flip scum. Because we sniffed you out already.

Vote: Lolazerz

Let me lead off my proposal with this:
All night actions have been sent in, and thus the day will begin now.

No one has died during this night.
Jay ended night-time early. And he stated in huge bold words that ALL night actions have been. That means that scum DID send an order in, and no one forgot to act. I won't neglect to take into account that a no-kill order is usually a legal action.

Town, we have 3 options, as far as I can see this: (AND THEY ALL WIN :) )
1. We believe Spak.
We can't be colluding because we already killed 1 scum. So if Spak is doc and saved me, we have to consider whether it's rational in any way that I would be the scum and no-kill deliberately. This would require me to campaign hard against my scum-mate all Day 1, and then no kill. With only 1 scum left, there's no way that I could have no-killed. I would have expected a free kill against lolazerz today, another night kill N2, and then we'd wake up D3 with just 3 players left and my name still reasonably cleared because of how hard I campaigned against my scum mate D1.
Consider the likelihood of me being scum and no-killing. My only shot in this game would have been of course to kill someone. I will take this likelihood into account in my proposed plan of action below, although you should consider whether this would be rational in any way.

So if we're believing Spak (in this scenario) that he docced me last night, we should assume that scum tried to kill me and he saved me. This would clear my name. I'm claiming Napkin, and I have not been counterclaimed. I saw lolazerz target me in the night. Since we're believing Spak in this scenario, that means that lolazerz is the only remaining targeting role, which is the other scum, and we vote him out.
I know I'm telling the truth (you might have speculation, which is why I have more scenarios below), and lolazerz failed to counter-claim doc. This is important. I waited on this accusation to see if he would do so, but he didn't. I baited him into claiming vt by making him think I had figured something out assuming he claimed vt.

@ lolazerz lolazerz if you are vt then I have this game solved. Speak up as soon as you can and then I'll explain what I figured out.
This scenario fits all of his Day 1 behavior, it fits Spak's claim, it fits lolazerz failure to claim a non-vanilla role, and it fits with all of the rest of your vanilla town claims.

2. We don't believe Spak

This means that Spak is scum, and that lolazerz completely didn't bother to counter claim, nor did any of the rest of you. If Spak is lying, he is either scum, which means lolazerz is doc (remember, he targeted me last night) or spak is lying and is vt, which is stupid. That could mean lolazerz failed to counter-claim, but spak guessed right that I was the target of 2 other people's actions before they spoke up! :S Not likely! Remember again, lolazerz targeted me last night. So if Spak lied, he's scum, because otherwise we have a completely irrational player who is playing against his own win condition who is ALSO randomly guessing a 1 in 6. (Any of 6 of us could have been the attempted murder victim).

This scenario is bonkers. But it's an option. So I won't neglect to mention it. I'm being thorough.

3. We don't believe Dastrn

Ok, here's number 3. I put at 3rd because I KNOW it's not true. YOU don't, but you should be able to logic it out just fine. Either way I'm putting this out there out of integrity because it IS possible and we should have all of the options on the board.
If I'm lying and didn't see lolazerz target me, then I'm scum, and targeted either myself or no one, hence the no-kill result. I already addressed why this is the worst move I could make as scum on N1 after losing my only buddy, after CAMPAIGNING hard against my only buddy day 1. I'd be the worst scum in D-Games history.

Ok, here's what I propose:
I believe Spak.
I firmly believe lolazerz is scum.
I want to see us just vote him and get it done with pretty quick.
If he flips vt, KILL ME d3. (because I'd be lying about seeing him take a night action).
If he flips doc, KILL Spak d3. (because that's the only way spak would have known that I was lolazerz' doc target and he seems smart enough to try to claim first on an already suspicious player.)

Those are the only reasonable options. I don't see how this doesn't pan out. If any of you others were the doc letting spak get away with a doc claim, that wouldn't matter, because that means that we'd still be hitting a night-action-taker today when we kill lolazerz, and all that's left is scum.

Poke holes in my logic if you see any. I don't want to screw this up. But I think it's airtight and we can win by just killing lolazerz toDay and if he flips non-scum, then we kill me or spak Day 3 depending on how he flips.

Maven89

Smash Master
On a side note, a mini with both a doc and a tracker and no RB from the mafia is heavily biased against the mafia

Top Bottom