• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Salt Mini Mafia | Game Over | Victors: Town

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I read his comment more as a statement that town had it too easy, not that he himself necessarily had it easy, although in all honesty, your initial understanding that he had it easy was probably a lot more true, since we had the game solved before D2 began and we just needed to claim to finish it off.

I'd like to give props where they are due: I wasn't the first person to target lolazerz. I reacted when I saw the reasoning behind him being targeted and applied additional pressure to see how he'd handle it, which I think is what put the rest of us over the decision line. ToDay's claims of course made it easy.

With Omar, I started the heavier questioning on him because his RVS behavior and post gambit behavior both seemed off:

Omar, what's your read on things so far?
What are the chances I'm scum and thought people would believe me?
What are the chances that me and spak are fry-buddies and that was some salt on salt action to throw you all off our deep-fried potato scent?
What are the chances that you're scum and I'm trying to get an impression off of someone who know's we're both town?

But it was ShinySkarmory who analysed his reaction and got the read we needed from it to get the ball rolling on Omar:

Right now my two scum suspects are dastrn and Omar_25........

On the other hand, I'm also concerned about Omar_25. Earlier in day 1, Omar_25 posted this:

Then, just a little while ago, he posted this:

It seems odd that Omar's mafia playstyle fluctuates so much between posts. Notably, in that first post I quoted, he very confidently posts about lynching people you're suspicious about, but then flip-flops on it in the second post I listed and advocates staying quiet to avoid mafia attention.

Unvote

Vote: Omar_25
Again, I may have kicked if off and campaigned heavily and pushed hard as he crumbled, but SkinySkarmory deserves some mad credit. Props @shinyskarmory

Lolazerz defending Omar was brought up first by Maven:
You say twice that you're not jumping to Omar's side, but the entire post is how Dastrn is being scummy and has scum intentions for looking at Omar. Attacking the attacker is defending,
That was an easy enough point to attack and neither slot defended well. Maven also did some great analysis of me throughout Day1 that kept town off my back but also didn't let me get away with missing anything in my logic. @Maven89 , I'd love to be scum buddies with you to see how we'd do, but you're a great town player.

MVP:
I'll be that guy and nominate myself for MVP here, but if it's not me, it's gotta be Maven.
I think I led the flow of the game pretty well, kept us focused, kept us talking, made sure we had the enough of the right content to build connections, used the post count trick to get lolazerz to react and give us a LOT more confidence in our play moving forward before the end of D1, and then built the argument that led to the final vote. I never could have done it all without the rest of town's contributions. Of course, without Spak claiming doc, it wouldn't have been that clean cut. Of course, without shinyskarmory and maven, D1 could have gone much different.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
We had a dgames powwow a while back about it all cuz people were getting pretty harsh in post game and decided to just off the system

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
How will people know that one time I was good at one thing I did ?

;)

That's so strange that I didn't notice until now. How long ago was that? Could you link the game in question so I can see what went down? You should have just infracted the people being jerks, not given an MVP for that game, and let the rest of us keep our nice things.

No worries, it was definitely a group effort, and it ALWAYS is.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Can't find the exact thread but late 2013ish i wanna say, we had a seperate thread for the discussion about it.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm pretty sure it was the game my mafioso team won in Bust-A-Move Mafia, or at the least that game was the start of the talks. Basically, the mod was trying to give both myself and a town player dice even though the town lost the game. It sparked a debate about who should be allowed to give out dice, whether or not the mod was qualified enough to give dice, and the semantics behind giving the town player dice when the town lost (as well as whether or not I deserved dice since there were no perceived 'power' players in the game at the time when my mafia team won). Ironically, while the Town player in question played fairly well throughout the game, they inadvertently were the nail in Town's coffin on LyLo when they voted for a town slot, thus the additional scrutiny in that regard.

That game definitely started all the talks about the MVP system and brought the perceived exclusivity and seeming elitism involved with having dice to the forefront. In hindsight, I personally feel that the dice should have never been put on that kind of pedestal to begin with, but it inadvertently ended up happening somehow anyway.

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
we don't do MVPs anymore because they were causing trouble and it was easier to just do away with them.

More or less, the floor fell out of the system because there was no good way of deciding who deserved an MVP for what, but people still wanted the honor of being MVP, and it just stirred up a lot of arguments.

This is the kinda thing I could easily write an essay on, I find it really interesting, but probably not gonna happen lol

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I got dice for nailing the scum team getting a lynch and leaving specific orders for town to lynch Chibo and Tom afterword no matter what they claimed on Day 2.

Town promptly ignored me after my death Night 1 and lost. I got dice and so did scum.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's why I just always lynch Tom and Chibo no matter what.
And Xsyven and Ignatius, now that I think about it.

Maybe this is why we don't do too many games in the broom anymore? We all know each other too well. ;)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I got dice for nailing the scum team getting a lynch and leaving specific orders for town to lynch Chibo and Tom afterword no matter what they claimed on Day 2.

Town promptly ignored me after my death Night 1 and lost. I got dice and so did scum.
Lol! Reminds me of GS mafia.

Top Bottom