• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Salt Mini Mafia | Game Over | Victors: Town

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Welcome to the 7 man game Salt Mini Mafia!

For years dGames has flourished, guided to prosperity by the wisdom and integrity of the players within. However, a massive flow of saltiness has begun to stream into dGames of late. There seems little doubt that the notorious food called french fries, known to contain large quantities of sodium chloride, are behind this. Unless they are weeded out, all dGamers will surely die from heart attacks.

Rules

1. No communication about the game is allowed outside of this thread, unless your Role PM states otherwise.

2. No faking or quoting of mod communication.

3. No editing or deleting posts.

4. No ciphers, code, metadata or other similar encryption devices. This includes liking posts after death.

5. One "bah" post is allowed after death.

6. A (no) lynch will occur when a majority of bolded votes is reached. Twilight starts after hammer.

7. Deadline extensions may be granted due to unexpected events. Days generally last seven real life days or until a lynch.

8. Post at least once every 48 hours, (24 hours preferably), or you will receive a mod vote for the day. Multiple instances of this may result in forced replacement or modkill at my discretion. Modvotes cannot kill alone.

9. Modkills will end Day only for town-aligned players.

10. Failure to send in action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.

11. Failure by Mafia to send in their nightly kill will cause the kill to be randomized.

12. Failure to adhere to any posting or role restrictions will result in a modvote. Modvotes cannot kill alone.

13. Have questions? PM me. Public ones? Ask in thread.

Voting and Lynching

1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example,vote: Ryker.

2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Gova.

3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.

4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.

5. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. Twilight lasts as long as I feel like, or more realistically: as long as it takes me to find out a lynch has occurred. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night.

6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.

Hamburger[Vanilla Townie] x 3

You're just a typical attraction to any restaurant, but that doesn't mean you haven't got brains! You don't have any special powers, but you can vote like everyone else.

You are Town aligned and win once all French Fries are dead.
Soda[Town Doctor] x 1

Nothing clears out salt like a good drink. If it weren't for your healthy ability to keep salt levels low, everybody would be dead by now!

Ability: Health Drink
Once per night, you may PM me the name of a player, including yourself. This player will be safe from being killed during this night only.

Napkin[Town Tracker] x 1

OK, so being a napkin isn't easy. It's actually pretty disgusting. But, the good thing is, you always know exactly what's going on around the table. You always knew you'd be good for something besides mouth wiping one day!

Ability: Meal Report
Once per night, you may PM me the name of a player, excluding yourself. At the end of the night, you will be told whom the player targeted during the night. If the player did not target anyone, you will be told this.

French Fry[Mafia] x 2

There's nothing better than a good French Fry, is there? OK, so it's unhealthy. So what? Just one can't hurt...or a few more...c'mon, take a bite!

Ability: Secret Talk
You and your fellow French Fry may communicate at any time during the game using the PM I send both of you.

Ability: Salt Injection
Once per night, you and your partner agree to PM me the name of a player of your choosing. This player will die of a heart attack at the end of the night. If no name is sent in, the kill will be randomized.

You are Salt aligned and win once all townies are dead.

Player List:

1. @ shinyskarmory shinyskarmory
2. @ Sword Master Sword Master ( replaced by @Orboknown )
3. @ Maven89 Maven89
4. @ lolazerz lolazerz
5. @ Spak Spak
6. @ Omar_25 Omar_25
7. @ Dastrn Dastrn

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I have no problem with you playing. Mini mafia games are the best place for newcomers to start. I'll put you in.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Come on guys, we've got several new players in this game...we need some vets to show them the ropes!

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I've played Mafia in real life with my youth group, but have never done it on the boards. I'm excited for this, count me in!

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Yo, I'm in. I've played mafia many times before, just not on forums. So this should be a new experience. Looking forward to lynching, backstabbing, and all of that jazz (If I'm accepted).

Last edited:

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll /in

It's been a little while but I've played many mafia games here.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
In that case, we have a full game, everyone!
I'll just need you all to confirm in the PMs I will be sending you, and we'll be good to go.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
/Confirmed (although I already confirmed in the PM, specifying in the thread is still a good idea).

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Vote: Maven

Reason: Very experienced at this game (and someone needed to get the conversation rolling).

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm actually going out of town tomorrow and won't be back until either late sunday night or monday, but i'm here now

Vote: Spak for misspelling spank

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Let's see here... There's Maven89 who's the guy with the bearded man wearing a dead bear (great avatar by the way) and quite experienced at this game (or so I've heard), Spak with the very pixalized pokemon avatar (I'm kind of suspicious of him since he was the one who posted first...), SwordMaster who seems to be a new user so I wouldn't be too suspicious of him, Lolazers who (according to his name) laughs out loud at lazers... Hmmm... I don't quite know what to think. There's Dastrn who says that he has played mafia here before so he could be kind of experienced, And then there's Shinyskarmory who... *GASP* IS A PROJECT M SQUIRTLE MAIN!

Vote: Shinyskarmory

I
think I might be overthinking this a bit too much...

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Overanalyzation can be both a blessing and a curse. Someone had to post first, so I just decided to break the ice.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
No reason to keep this a secret, since it's a night zero power, but I was a night zero cop. I copped Spak, and got a guilty.

@ Spak Spak , why you so salty?

Vote: Spak

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
No reason to keep this a secret, since it's a night zero power, but I was a night zero cop. I copped Spak, and got a guilty.

@ Spak Spak , why you so salty?

Vote: Spak
Well, I'm not salty. I know for a fact that I'm not a fry, the ACTUAL napkin knows that I'm not a fry, and stating yourself as a napkin would be extremely dumb if you valued your life from the salinity. You can go ahead and fess up that you aren't a napkin, or could be proven that you aren't a napkin by getting my lynched. That would surely get you killed by all of the citizens the next day because any non-fry would have no reason to lie about another non-fry. Pick your poison.

Unvote

Vote: Dastrn

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Oh, sorry. I just edited out a colloquialism. The original post had "ain't no napkin" instead of "aren't a napkin". I'll keep that rule in mind as I keep playing.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I actually didn't see that he posted the roles in the OP. Just snagging an early reaction.

Unvote.

Maven89

Smash Master
Unvote since I'm going away now and won't be back till monday and don't want scum using my vote for nefarious purposes

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'm still a bit suspicious of Dastrn, but suspicion is hardly something to kill a man over.

Unvote

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Dude, always lynch people your suspicious about. That's just the way mafia works. lol

Dastrn saying he's a napkin on the first day... That's odd.

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
It could also be that Maven leaving for a few days is just a cover-up for him wanting to watch over us without posting :/ hmm

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
@ Omar_25 Omar_25 You're right, I wasn't thinking clearly at 12:11 in the morning.

Vote: Dastrn

It seems a bit suspicious that Sword Master hasn't talked at all.

shinyskarmory

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4785-4798-2652
Dude, always lynch people your suspicious about. That's just the way mafia works. lol

Dastrn saying he's a napkin on the first day... That's odd.
Well, yes and no. In a game with 5 village vs 2 mafia, we only get 1 mislynch barring a lucky doctor save. On top of that, if we ever have 2 votes on one person, mafia can bandwagon jump to push us into the wrong choice. They probably won't as doing so would be suspicious as hell, but it's something we have to keep in mind.

It's okay to be suspicious of someone but not vote them immediately. It's also okay to vote someone you're not really suspicious of to try to prod them into posting or answering a question.

On dastrn...I honestly don't know what to think, fairly new to the site and I don't know how much mafia experience he has (although he has like 8k posts so he's a site veteran for sure). Knee jerk reaction is noob town if he's new, pretty scummy if he's played before. On my phone so I can't go through past games right now, apologies.

My vote stays on Sword Master until he posts, we'll see how things look after that.

shinyskarmory

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4785-4798-2652
Can't edit but dastrm's definitely not new. That's pretty suspicious then.

New vibe suggests that he's just screwing around since there's no cop on the role list (tracker =\= cop) and it's trivial to look that up. Still, weird way to phrase a randvote.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
That said, he didn't see rules in the OP, suggesting that he didn't see the roles and just assumed there was a cop in the game. Basically, he's guilty of not reading the OP fully and is confirmed non-napkin. If he's Mafia or Town is to be determined.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've used n0 cop false claims before to get a game quickly out of RVS into some real back and forth. I HAVE seen night 0 cops used in games before, and just so it's clear, the idea of the role is that they are single night cops only, so they aren't permanent cops. Typically when they are used, there would still be some other type of cop in the game, and this would be a smaller PR for town.

With all that said, I don't usually play mini mafia games, and this is the first time I've ever pulled that out in a mini game.

Hey, look at this, we're already talking game and not random voting any more. :grin:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
In Swordmaster's defense, he hasn't been on since yesterday. Though who knows, he could be reading this as I type this. Can't be too suspicious.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Seems like a good excuse, but I've still got my eye on you, Dastrn.

Unvote

Anyways, Swordmaster could be logged out and reading this for all we know.

Top Bottom