• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Says...

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Sakurai: "Ridley isn't in Brawl."

Sakurai: "APRIL FOOLS!!!"

Sakurai: "We decided to start making the game. It will still be released December 3rd."

Sakurai: "I'm playable. Ill pwn J00."

Sakurai: "Jigglypuff is out. This makes way for Spoink."

Sakurai: "All 493 Pokemon are playable."

Sakurai: "Pikachu is not playable."

Sakurai: "Sonic isn't in Brawl. Cheese and Chicola (sp?) are."

Sakurai: "Jesus will be a God alternate costumes. Sorry but we couldn't find space for him..."

IllidR

Smash Champion
Sakurai: "I decided to scrap the idea of four methods of control, and now you will have to play with only a nun-chuck."

Sakurai: "Black Knight is not playable." ; _ ;

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai Says "Waluigi CONFIRMED"
Sakurai Says "We wanted to make the game more kid-friendly, so we made Zamus flat on both sides and her outfit is much less tight"
Sakurai Says "Tubgirl's tub as a level CONFIRMED"
Sakurai Says "Online ranking system works exactly like WoW's"
Sakurai Says "We're including another character with a sword / another pokemon"
Sakurai Says "Krystal CONFIRMED, Krystal and Fox can engage in real time yiffing action"
Sakurai Says "Fire Emblem characters will feature REAL TIME WEAPONS CHANGING"
Sakurai Says "Only available for iPhone"
Sakurai Says "Due to budget constraints, all characters will be using the sprites from the first game they're from"
Sakurai Says "Released in Europe December 3rd... 2008"
Sakurai Says "Goatse.cx CONFIRMED"
Sakurai Says "The entire game will be in pig latin, no matter which language you pick (I wonder if it's possible to do pig latin in Japanese)"
Sakurai Says "We will do everything in our power to make sure that you always end up playing against the loudest, rudest, squeakiest little kid in your match"
Sakurai Says "Swearing at your mom into the microphone loudly at a high pitched voice recovers your health. Bonus points for racial slurs if you're white"
Sakurai Says "Jigglypuff deconfirmed, Igglybuff CONFIRMED"
Sakurai Says "Abra CONFIRMED! All buttons make him teleport to a random place on the screen, even if out of any character's reach
Sakurai Says "After much debating, we decided that Pit's wings will be permanent and he can use arrows while flying"
Sakurai Says "Mewtwo can rip other players in half with his mind just like in the anime"
Sakurai Says "The game will be filled with old Internet jokes we saw on eBaums World years ago. You guys still think the ORLY Owl, Chuck Norris, and Lolcats are funny, right?"
Sakurai Says "Kenshiro from Fist of the North star swung by my office this morning and tapped me on the head. I don't understand wh... OH SHI-"

Jordo

Smash Apprentice
Monday's post is a notice:

Due to bad weather, we are postponing all updates for the rest of the week.
-Sakurai

FauxShaux

Smash Cadet
Sakurai Says: Comcast will be in charge of all online play in the Americas. (In case you didn't know, comcast sucks. The internet stops working every 7-10 minutes, and I'm not exaggerating.)

Sakurai Says: Each character will have a weakness to another character and a strength to yet another character. That way all skill will be removed from the game and it will be based on which character you choose. Since I made the game I should be able to win every time.

M.K

Level 55
Sakurai Says: "Wait, we were ACTUALLY supposed to make this game? DAMMIT!"

Sakurai Says: "To stay true to the game's beginning, we've included three characters: Young Link, Pichu, and Sandbag"

Sakurai Says: "Got Milk? Happy Cows from California CONFIRMED BEEYACHES!"

Sakurai Says" We've changed the name of the game to better suit oriental styles of playing. Welcome to....Super Smash Bros. Ninny Disagreement!"

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai says: We decided to take out Snake and include Rayden

Sakurai says: The last secret unlockable will be.... Sakurai!!! In order to unlock me, u have to beat the game in Very Hard in every mode with every character using only one life. My Final Smash is "Project Shutdown" which kills everybody instantly thus winning automatically and destroying ur game disc. The only way to defeat me is when im at 999%, if i die with any other % i will come back again with 0%

Sakurai says: Little Mac will be in the game!! but only his SNES version

Sakurai says: U dont like some of my updates in the dojo?? well, f*ck u, i wont update anything anymore

Sakurai says: Reggie made a mistake, the release date IS dec 3... but 2008

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Sakurai says: "This game will be Japan and America exclusive, it won't be released in Europe at all."

Hey, I would DIE! >__<

LNKD

Smash Apprentice
lol why avery one say sajurai say WTF is some important person that it say so well I dont think that is true but I will think about it !!!

metallic shadow

Smash Apprentice
WORST STUFF EVER COULD BE SAID:
sakurai says: "mewtwo wont be in brawl"
sakurai says: "captain olimar will be in brawl"
sakuari says: "tom nook will be in brawl"
sakurai says: "simon belmont will be in brawl"
sakurai says: "sonic wont be in brawl,neither will metal sonic or shadow"
sakurai says: "ridley wont be in brawl"

plain bad stuff:

sakurai says: "falco will be in brawl"
sakurai says: "ho-oh wont apeear from pokeballs"
sakurai says: "dr.mario will be in brawl"
sakurai says: "young link will be in brawl"

metallic shadow says: "my fingers hurt!"

andrewg

Smash Apprentice
WORST STUFF EVER COULD BE SAID:
sakurai says: "mewtwo wont be in brawl"
sakurai says: "captain olimar will be in brawl"
sakuari says: "tom nook will be in brawl"
sakurai says: "simon belmont will be in brawl"
sakurai says: "sonic wont be in brawl,neither will metal sonic or shadow"
sakurai says: "ridley wont be in brawl"

plain bad stuff:

sakurai says: "falco will be in brawl"
sakurai says: "ho-oh wont apeear from pokeballs"
sakurai says: "dr.mario will be in brawl"
sakurai says: "young link will be in brawl"

metallic shadow says: "my fingers hurt!"

Since when is it a bad thing if there are more charcters in the game?

metallic shadow

Smash Apprentice
captain olimar is a friggin ant-sized human that
wears a transparant bomb on his head.

pokemon is the only reason to that i play smash.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
lol why avery one say sajurai say WTF is some important person that it say so well I dont think that is true but I will think about it !!!
I'm usually good at reading atrocious grammar, but I can't make this out at all. I don't want to know what you meant, I'm sure it's something dumb anyway.

chkenparm

Smash Cadet
Sakurai: After seeing Blizzards sales figures I decided to make SSBB a MMORPG
Sakurai: ALL the levels will be interactive just like Poke Floats!
Sakurai: SSBB will be online, but the servers will be handled by EA

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Sakurai says "Since this game is such a big hit, we're going to port it on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. The 360 gets exclusive character Master Cheif, and Playstation 3 gets the exclusive character _______."

Couldn't think of a Sony one to put in, could have put in Snake but :p

-Onyx

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Sakurai says: "Due to time constraints, it'll take another few years to finish the game and we can't release a playable demo. New release date: May 30, 2009"

Sakurai says: "The game is finished and we can release it early! However...the only characters in the game are are those who've been already revealed."

Caael

Smash Lord
1 sakurai says: "mewtwo wont be in brawl"
2 sakurai says: "captain olimar will be in brawl"
3 sakuari says: "tom nook will be in brawl"
4 sakurai says: "simon belmont will be in brawl"
5 sakurai says: "sonic wont be in brawl,neither will metal sonic or shadow"
6 sakurai says: "ridley wont be in brawl"
1: Yeah!
2: ****!
3: Woo!
4: Nooo!
5: **** for sonic, yay for others
6: * kills self*

mukoe890

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai says: because im lazy and im above all of you, i decided not to make playable characters, instead you will have to play as items, and there are only online leaderboards

FauxShaux

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna try to decipher this one.

My best guess:
"lol why avery one say sajurai say" = lol why is everyone saying "Sakurai says?"

"WTF is some important person that is say so" = How the f*** is someone so important that we all write down everything Sakurai says.

"well I dont think that is true but I will think about it !!!" I don't think that what Sakurai says is important but I will look into it.

My conclusion:
He isn't aware of the fact that Sakurai is responsible for the development of the game, and so finds this whole thread very odd. Why are we all quoting some random guy named Sakurai, even though his quotes are terrible opinions on SSBB?

Again, this is my best guess. I could be really far off. But then again, this is an especially odd case.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna try to decipher this one.

My best guess:
"lol why avery one say sajurai say" = lol why is everyone saying "Sakurai says?"

"WTF is some important person that is say so" = How the f*** is someone so important that we all write down everything Sakurai says.

"well I dont think that is true but I will think about it !!!" I don't think that what Sakurai says is important but I will look into it.

My conclusion:
He isn't aware of the fact that Sakurai is responsible for the development of the game, and so finds this whole thread very odd. Why are we all quoting some random guy named Sakurai, even though his quotes are terrible opinions on SSBB?

Again, this is my best guess. I could be really far off. But then again, this is an especially odd case.
Actually, judging by his joined date, I'd say he's a pitiful failure of a troll. but great work deciphering, you should get a job at the FBI.

Sakurai Says: Blizzard in charge of online ranking system, we're going to use the WoW's old PvP system. We feel it'll be cool.

LNKD

Smash Apprentice
Wow learn to type...better yet, learn English...please for the love of pretzel :psycho:
well sorry my friend( XsilvenX)I was just in a hurry but anyway I din't know who was that sakurai until I went yesterday and check the name and he is one the directors working on the super smash bros series

Top Bottom