• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Says...

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai says: We included 4 kinds of control, but those only have basic moves, the actual game with reach its potential while using the Power Glove!

Sakurai says: We decided to remake all the characters with the cartoonish/gay yoshi new look

Sakurai says: There are 50 characters in the game!! youve seen 14 so far, the rest are pokemon

Sakurai says: We will realease the game earlier to compete with halo, and to do so we will just have to cut the multiplayer mode since its not finished yet

Sakurai says: I hate everyone at Smash Boards, so i will make sure that not even one of them gets to play brawl XD

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
1 - "Amy Rose will be the new announcer and Don Lafontaine's head is the character selection cursor"

2 - "Super sudden death is the only mode"

3- "we fired the guy who voiced captain falcon"

4- "online play will be 15 bucks a month"

5 - "you WILL know all everything about the game before it comes out. No secret characters, No "teh mindgamez"."

6- "i read all the brawl threads here and i get so sad that i sit in my emo corner and cry. why yoo guys have too be so meen??!"

1. Lucario is in brawl!

2. This game will only be sold in Antartica

3. This game has been delayed for 12 years

4. Sonic is in brawl!

5. Ridley is an Assist Trophy!

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Sheik

The Hylian master of stealth is back, and faster than ever!

Because Sheik was so popular in the last Smash Bros., we decided to separate her from Zelda, giving her a Down Special of her own as well as a personalized Final Smash.

(image of Sheik utterly kicking Zelda´s arse)
Wow, she sure is strong! Watch out for those extended-range needles...

WARNING! NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

Naruto

What? Naruto, the ninja?

He can´t be a character! IMPOSSIBLE!

Because Naruto is so well-liked by everyone all across the world, we decided to make an exception with him and include an anime character who didn´t originate in a videogame. It may be a little weird, but who doesn´t like a pleasant surprise!?

(image of Naruto forming a copy in midair, as Sasuke dashes toward him; seen from the back)
Wait...what!?

As it turns out, because Naruto is already included we´re also going to add a few more characters from anime series. They´re all from really popular shows, so stay tuned!

Jiggling

What´s jiggling, might you ask?

(image of Zero-Suit Samus landing on the ground)
That might answer your question!

Well, it´s a very successful aspect of physics used in a lot of fighting games. Basically, it lets some of the female characters look...more realistic!

(image of Zelda and Zero-Suit Samus slapping each other in a mud-filled stage)
Oh, my. This might get rowdy...

Me chose to implement jiggle physics into Super Smash Bros. Brawl to the delight of the fans. We got a lot of letters from Japanese Smash enthusiasts asking for this mechanic, and I can only imagine that the rest of the world feels the same!

(Peach´s dress is blown up by an upward air current and she covers herself Marylin Monroe-style)
Whoa! Careful there.

However, jiggle physics also took us a lot of time to include. Even though this took some of our time on working on multiplayer mode, we´ve added a bunch of alternate endings for the Subspace Emissary as well, so look out for that!

(image of Peach, Zelda, Daisy and Zero-Suit Samus playing volleyball at the beach in bikinis)
We´re even including a whole new Volleyball Mode!

About Online Battling

Hello, Masashiro Sakurai here.

I´m very sorry to disappoint everyone who was hoping for this feature, but I´m sad to say that we were not able to include an online multiplayer mode for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This is mainly because the process is very complicated, and we had too many things to do to focus on it.

(image of four players trading stickers on an interactive screen appears)
But what is this...!?

But don´t worry! Brawl will still go online. If you enter WiiConnect24, you can trade your stickers with your friends and even chat using avatars of your favorite Smash characters!

(image of someone typing "Wow, Brawl is AWESOME! :=D" with a Pikachu avatar)
Whew! That´s a relief.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai says, "since so many of you asked for a SONIC character we are happy to oblige. But it's not sonic himself, its the infinitley more popular duo...... CREAM and CHEESE. No need to thank me i know what the fans want."(Then, because of the combined number angry, threatening, and deadly thoughts directed at him at that moment, his head explodes)

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Skaurai: "Ridley is an assist trophy. BUT, when the assist trophy Ridley is activated you unlock Ridley. But the only way to unlock the assist trophy form is by unlocking Ridley.

Suckers. :cool:"

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Sakurai: "Every character is now a clone of Kirby, including Link!"

Sakurai: "I'm selling Super Smash Bros. Brawl to Rockstar Games. They're going to put better weapons, or as you like to call them "items", and CJ from San Andreas will be in the game! He will be joined by another Rockstar character that is not in GTA! Isn't that GREAT!

...OH! And also, every Nintendo character is out."

Sakurai: "There will be Online Scoreboards and Ranking System. With me at the top of every single one no matter what of course."

Sakurai: "I'm not afraid of Vampires, I'm afraid of Santa Clause, no matter what that stupid site Smash Bros. MOJO!! says..."

Sakurai: "I've handed over the rights of this game to Sega, 'cos NOTHING can go wrong! I mean look at the Son....

Oh ****..."

Sakurai: "Sonic is in Brawl but will not be playable. All he'll do is jump on to the screen every 10 seconds and say "Buy Mario V Sonic at the Olympic Games!". And yes, this is UNSKIPABLE."

Sakurai: "My mini...I mean workers have given up on the game. And that means I die. i know this is odd but screw you.

I'm sorry... :( Wanna be friends?

_Slick_

Smash Ace
xD Classic ^^^

Sakurai: "Stop the speculation about what characters are going to be in! You wanna know? ALL OF 'EM! We're putting every character from Nintendo in! And since we have to put every character in (INCLUDING spawning enemies) all characters are only moveable and the game will consist of pushing the opponett off the stage.

SUPER SMASH BROS. SUMO TIME MANIA!!!!!"

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Sakurai: "Bill Crosby Confirmed."

Sakurai: "8-Bit Snake Confirmed."

Sakurai: "All music is going to be done by Pre-School kids."

Sakurai: "Pikachu is the only playable character.

JUST JOKING!!

Waluigi is the only playably character."

Sakurai: "Today's update is Brawl related."

Sakurai: "Online is available. But Everyone will have to pay an extra $10 every time they play.

Sakurai: "You can trade stickers and there will be a system like the Pokemon Global Trade System! We copied that because it had SO much success and nothing went wrong. [/sarcasm]"

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
sakurai: this is the best thread around here
" ": Supspace emmisanary is just a trailer
" " : tommorows update will explain why zelda's hair is brown and how it will effect the game

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Sakurai: "Zamus' Final Smash will be a striptease."

Sakurai: "The Gamecube controller is not a form of playing the game anymore. It has been replaced by licking the Wii."

Sakurai: "Halo 3 will be better than this game. Buy it instead!"

Sakurai: "What's this? Your favourite music transportation device is playable! Wow! Look at that explosion!

Yes, your favourite Apple rip-off is here. THE I-POD IS PLAYABLE!

It's Final Smash can also be revealed.

When iPod picks up a Smash Orb it will play four consecutive Ween songs. This attack will rip all opponetts to pieces."

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Sakurai: "Mario is confirmed!"

Sakurai: "Every SWF member is playable!"

Sakurai: "SSBB is now a hentai game where you go around ****** young teens."

Sakurai: "I rock. This update rocks. You suck."

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Sakurai Says: "If you win more then one game in a row whilst playing online your wii will detect it and help out the opposition a bit by totally blacking out your screen while you play. Isn't that great?!"

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Sakurai says: You Americans will see Brawl.....five, years, later.

Sakurai says: Falco will not make his epic comeback.

Sakurai says: Japanese > Americans

Sakurai says: I changed my mind about Snake being on the game.

Sakurai says: DBZ characters will be on the game this time around.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Sakurai says,

"Guys, I've decided to quit Brawl, but I have someone that going to do it for me. I've hired a bear to finish up the job I couldn't. Have fun with Brawl!"

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990

About Online Battling

I´m very sorry to disappoint everyone who was hoping for this feature, but I´m sad to say that we were not able to include an online multiplayer mode for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This is mainly because the process is very complicated, and we had too many things to do to focus on it.

But what is this...!?

But don´t worry! Brawl will still go online. If you enter WiiConnect24, you can trade your stickers with your friends and even chat using avatars of your favorite Smash characters!

Whew! That´s a relief.
-Rolling. On. Floor. Laughing.-

Smash Ace
Sakurai sez: we are going to bomb America on December 3rd, particular every Wal*Mart, Target, and all those other stores that sell games as well.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sakurai says: Due to some technical problems we will not be ready to lunch Brawl on December 3.
Sakurai says: Handcaps can not be turn off and are always on.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
Sheik

The Hylian master of stealth is back, and faster than ever!

Because Sheik was so popular in the last Smash Bros., we decided to separate her from Zelda, giving her a Down Special of her own as well as a personalized Final Smash.

(image of Sheik utterly kicking Zelda´s arse)
Wow, she sure is strong! Watch out for those extended-range needles...

WARNING! NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

Naruto

What? Naruto, the ninja?

He can´t be a character! IMPOSSIBLE!

Because Naruto is so well-liked by everyone all across the world, we decided to make an exception with him and include an anime character who didn´t originate in a videogame. It may be a little weird, but who doesn´t like a pleasant surprise!?

(image of Naruto forming a copy in midair, as Sasuke dashes toward him; seen from the back)
Wait...what!?

As it turns out, because Naruto is already included we´re also going to add a few more characters from anime series. They´re all from really popular shows, so stay tuned!

Jiggling

What´s jiggling, might you ask?

(image of Zero-Suit Samus landing on the ground)
That might answer your question!

Well, it´s a very successful aspect of physics used in a lot of fighting games. Basically, it lets some of the female characters look...more realistic!

(image of Zelda and Zero-Suit Samus slapping each other in a mud-filled stage)
Oh, my. This might get rowdy...

Me chose to implement jiggle physics into Super Smash Bros. Brawl to the delight of the fans. We got a lot of letters from Japanese Smash enthusiasts asking for this mechanic, and I can only imagine that the rest of the world feels the same!

(Peach´s dress is blown up by an upward air current and she covers herself Marylin Monroe-style)
Whoa! Careful there.

However, jiggle physics also took us a lot of time to include. Even though this took some of our time on working on multiplayer mode, we´ve added a bunch of alternate endings for the Subspace Emissary as well, so look out for that!

(image of Peach, Zelda, Daisy and Zero-Suit Samus playing volleyball at the beach in bikinis)
We´re even including a whole new Volleyball Mode!

About Online Battling

But what is this...!?

Whew! That´s a relief.
The first and third ideas sound great to me.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai says: "MARTH IS IN. WITH A MORE CHEAP COUNTER AND A MATCHING PINK DRESS TO GO WITH HIS TIARA"

Wow, i'd love to see that.
I would switch my main, I mean sure my current main wears a pink dress (if I forget to hold in A), but a pink dress and a sword?! Count me in!

Truce

Smash Cadet
CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

God

That's right, even the Almighty is getting in on the action! Complete with transmutation, world creating, and virgin impregnating abilities! Who'll give birth to your Messiah?

*Picture of a Giant God Hand pointing at Peach*

Wow, someone's getting lucky!

Final Smash
Blow The F***ing Stage Up

When God gets fed up with things, it's serious.

*Picture of Yoshi's Island stage in mid-battle*
*Picture of Yoshi's Island stage blowing the f*** up*

Yikes!

Top Bottom