• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sage and Ref's Ness only tourneys *Brackets are up!* *You may now Pm your opponents*

ColinJF

Smash Ace
Hey Ref, is my next set supposed to be best of 3 or of 5 since it's winners' finals?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I beat Uffe 2-0 Thanks to tripping lag and luck. Good games Uffe.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
AMAZING comeback N.OW. I was up by so much I thought it was impossible for me to lose. I had all the momentum with me, but good job switching up your strategy at the end. Taking it slow to take my momentum away. I'd like to call that finish a walk-off homerun. Good games N.OW.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I wonder how the winner's finals are going...

They both seem to be playing.

I'm glad everyone is having fun.

Current results to those who want I'm cutting out the people who never showed up or were DQ, If the slot is blank then that means the place isn't decided yet.

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
5: NeoMagic
7: Earthbound Zero
9: Uffe
9: A1359
9: Criosphinx
11: Neon Ness (Had to throw in the towel sadly...)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
AMAZING comeback N.OW. I was up by so much I thought it was impossible for me to lose. I had all the momentum with me, but good job switching up your strategy at the end. Taking it slow to take my momentum away. I'd like to call that finish a walk-off homerun. Good games N.OW.
I didn't watch how the match went between you and N.O.W., but perhaps you became a bit over-confident. That happens sometimes. I've suffered because of my over-confidence in a number of matches. "Ha! I have three stocks while my opponent only has one." Then bam, I lose, just like that.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
I'll have to play you again, huh Ref? Are you free at the moment because I'll be busy later on.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Good luck to both of you! :D I say that because I can't tell one to beat the other up. ):

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Ref defeats Guass due to Guass having a horrible first round... SD three times...

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Yoshi's Island FTL. The first one, I messed up PKT2. The second was a wallbounced PKT2 (on the freaking ledge). The third was probably shy guy gimp.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Yea, that was horrible, my luck is amazing, Uffe tripped into my back throw last set...

Update on current results still waiting on Winner's final.... Colin and Marcus... And where is smash64?

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
5: NeoMagic
7: Gaussis
7: Earthbound Zero
9: Uffe
9: A1359
9: Criosphinx
11: Neon Ness

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
It's wi fi It doesn't matter... Anyway calling smash64... Smash64 seems to be logged out, it looks like we are going into weekday overtime...

Marcus or Colin any updates on that situation?

Uffe

Smash Hero
It's wi fi It doesn't matter... Anyway calling smash64... Smash64 seems to be logged out, it looks like we are going into weekday overtime...

Marcus or Colin any updates on that situation?
Shh! This is my first tournament. :laugh:

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Ah I see... I put my online comments to tell him to check his pms we'll see now... The match is 3 out of 5 tell Marcus that.

He has added you Colin.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Okay got it colin. I should still be here by the time you play.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
I'm ready now so we should be playing as soon as he finishes playing whoever he is and checks his PMs.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Okay... I probably won't be here to hear the results but post them this way I can update it tomorrow.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
Good games.

By the way Ref, am I allowed to lose one set in the grand finals without losing the tournament?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Who's going to win, I wonder. I've been thinking about this all day long that it's starting to hurt my head. :dizzy:

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
This is the lowest I've placed in a tourney since Brawl came out. :(

internetjohns.
At least you're not in last place. :chuckle: I wonder who's going to win this tournament... I'm betting on Ness' foot. That, or thesage.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
If you lose in the grand finals you play another set because you never lost before so the opponent has to beat you two sets so they have to win 2 sets of 5 while you have to only win 1 set of 5 to win the whole tourney.

And smash64 okay I'll play tommorrow since you're moving...

marcus0103

Smash Apprentice
Wait, there's something I don't understand. If I win my match in the loser's bracket, I'll have to play Colin in the finals and lose again?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
If you win losers finals you have to face colin and to beat colin you have to win 2 sets of 5 since hes never lost before. On you he only has to win 1 set of 5

smash64

Smash Champion
Ref im sorry but im gonna have to drop out becaus i wont be done moving most of my stuff till tomorrow so it will be better if i will just let you advance thanks anyways i had fun hopefully there will be another tourney like this

Top Bottom