• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sage and Ref's Ness only tourneys *Brackets are up!* *You may now Pm your opponents*

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Ref? I think I'm going to have to throw in the towel. It's getting late, and I can't stay up that late because of church tomorrow. Plus, I'm heading back to college tomorrow afternoon, where there's no Wifi, so I wouldn't be able to play any of my assigned matches. So, I guess you can go ahead and give the Round 2 victory to Criosphinx and mark me off of the brackets. Sorry if I caused any inconveniences.

Even though I only had 1 assigned battle, I had a lot of fun this tournament! :chuckle: I'm glad I got to fight other Nesses... Good games Uffe, NeoMagic, and Gaussis. Can't wait to see who wins the tournament!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yeah, I mindgames'd myself too. I kept on using upB a lot after the Samus match. It wasn't too bad as GAW, and the first time as TLink, but... ugh.

I saved the replay of our first match, if anyone could record it, PM and whatnot. Thanks =P

So, I think I should like give advice or something.

Don't ledgehop fair so much. I know that it's fast and has long range, but offline, someone could easily punish you with some kind of attack similar to ROB's ftilt.
I can't count the number of times I hit you with my flexkick. Maybe it's because it was online, there was lag, whatever, but you shouldn't be getting hit that much. Just something to keep in mind.
I found your playstyle to be really similar to EB360's; lots of PK Thundah, lots of aerials. I like how you mixed up your approaches and whatnot.

If I learned anything at all, it's that I should mix it up a bit, be less aggressive, and use more nair.

Oh, and I learned that I should suck less as Ness.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Aww Neon sorry to hear that... I'll give the win to Crio

Glad you had fun though.

Stay tuned for the out come of this tourney though.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Um, what happens if you lose? XD I don't know how this works. I'm guessing that it works something like Tournament Mode in Melee/Brawl?

By the way, I'm here. The party starts N.OW. *dies*

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
If you lose you go to loser's bracket meaning you have to lose twice to be eliminated.

Did you get to play NeoMagic?

Uffe

Smash Hero
I just got home. So no.

It looks like I might play him tomorrow along with round three if I land there. He's currently at his friends house, so if we do fight tonight then one of us will inform you.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Yeah, I mindgames'd myself too. I kept on using upB a lot after the Samus match. It wasn't too bad as GAW, and the first time as TLink, but... ugh.

I saved the replay of our first match, if anyone could record it, PM and whatnot. Thanks =P

So, I think I should like give advice or something.

Don't ledgehop fair so much. I know that it's fast and has long range, but offline, someone could easily punish you with some kind of attack similar to ROB's ftilt.
I can't count the number of times I hit you with my flexkick. Maybe it's because it was online, there was lag, whatever, but you shouldn't be getting hit that much. Just something to keep in mind.
I found your playstyle to be really similar to EB360's; lots of PK Thundah, lots of aerials. I like how you mixed up your approaches and whatnot.

If I learned anything at all, it's that I should mix it up a bit, be less aggressive, and use more nair.

Oh, and I learned that I should suck less as Ness.
Oh no. I was ledgehopping fair because I know Ness can't do much about it. In matches where I'm outranged, I PKT ledgestall. I understand you completely on that.

The flexkick is one of those Ness-only situations. I can't seem to punish Ness's flexkick, while the others are easy with the bat/dair. I guess it's good.

I have never played EB360 for that matter so a coincidence I guess.

I learned my share too. Don't punish unpunishable attacks :urg:. GG's

Uffe

Smash Hero
Ref, is it possible I can play NeoMagic tomorrow and then whoever I'm going against in round three tomorrow? I'm asking because I'm kind of waiting on NeoMagic to send a message but at the same time I sent him another message saying that I'd rather fight him tomorrow because I'm awaiting him to play but at the same time he's kind of busy and I'm tired anyway and don't plan on staying up. So yeah, that's pretty much my issue. I hate refreshing the page to see if I got a response. :/

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Okay the match is on hold until tomorrow. Anyone want to do some Ness dittos in the mean time I'm bored?

Gaussis

Smash Ace
I would but my brother is playing MoHH2 (Medal of Honor Heroes 2 if you didn't catch my drift). I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: I got it. You can play me now if you want, Ref.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
GG's. It seems that I need to work on my baiting game quite a bit. I also fell too easily into many attacks.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Anybody here wanna give me some practice matches before I fight NeoMagic and whoever else today?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Okay got it Earthbound Zero... Unless we all come together to finish this tourney today it's probably going into the weekdays.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
I'll be here all day so I'll try to get in as many matches as possible. Uffe and I are playing VERY soon. Sorry for delaying the rounds.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
Phew, close matches Uffe. Sorry about not letting you know ahead of times about the counterpick. After it was all set and done, I luckily managed to slip out with the victory.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm playing you from now on.

EDIT: Who is my next opponent?

EDIT 2: You know what, NeoMagic? I'm mad! D:< XD Not really. You put up a great fight and I'd expect nothing less from someone who does good at tournaments. Can we play some other time? :D

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Okay Uffe you play me next I'll update the brackets now.

You may have to play me when I get back from shopping though.

Everyone play your Next match..

I'm waiting on Crio versus N.OW to happen in the losers bracket.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
Wow, good games Colin. I love your stomping, I couldn't find a way to punish you. Also, good job being persistent with PKT, you were bound to hit me with the number of times you used it. Colin wins.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I'm sooooo bad at online. Good games N.ow. I liked your u-tilt game. You had some nasty spikes, too.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Okay guys I'm updating the brackets, So anyway Uffe I think I'm ready now.

Top Bottom