• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sage and Ref's Ness only tourneys *Brackets are up!* *You may now Pm your opponents*

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
1. 90% chance I can make it.

2. I live in Minnesota, the state with only two seasons: winter and road construction.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Okay guys just a quick over view of stuff

When someone lost the previous round they can counter pick, in order for them to do this properly they may have to reset the match at the very beginning of it because they did not get their stage choice. This will not cause them to be disqualified. They need to do it.

The brackets are seeded by location on the first round. I did try my best to focus the coast in separate divisions only problem is the small amount of people. So I did the best I could.

Also we will PM our opponents once the brackets are up.

This is for fun only.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
You can enter still. Friend code? beat the clock by 7 minutes

Had to put you over a bye so you're facing the only surely known west coast player entered Uffe.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
FC and such will be coming forthwith. I just realized I haven't updated my wii in centuries. As soon as it's done lazying up, I'll get my info.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Brawl FC: 5455-9089-0194

Pre-emptive johnskies. First online match in ages. <3

Edit(and double post apology?): Zomg I get to fight Uffffffe. Super <3.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
If any matches become delayed beyond round 1's deadline tell me. Remember Pm your opponents.

I do expect at least 3 people not to be able to make it.

Report all results to me when you're done.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
I won't get home til 11pm (central time) tonight and my opponent won't have wifi until the weekends. So our match will have to be delayed until tomorrow.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
Do you have to start at Round 1 or can you jump in at any time? Because it's 6:30 P.M. as I'm reading this, which means Round 1 is probably already over...:(

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Yep good games, I updated the bracket with that win. For those of you who don't really understand brackets it's winners on the right and losers on the left.

I still have my ideas of people who will not show up at all. and okay Neomagic and Neon Ness I'll keep that there.

So for the rest of you who don't meet the deadline and don't say anything the person who pms about you missing opponent by the deadline will take that round will win.

It's east coast time so yeah if you have a match play it. Time zones are different I'll announce round 1's end.

If you didn't catch registration I won't be able to fit you in now sadly. round 1 won't be over until 12 am eastern meaning midnight.

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I just noticed the tourney started. o.o So my opponent has till 12:00est right? How often should I check to see is he/she is online?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Pm them and check every 30 minutes about... If by the end of the deadline you haven't played without hearing from them at all pm and tell me that they never showed up.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Other stuff:

1. Ness players regardless whether you win or lose go to in person tourneys.

2. Go to in person tourneys

3. Go to other tourneys

4. It's not whether you win or lose it's how you go to in person tourneys.

5. This tourney is for fun only.

6. I'm going to a tourney on the 18th

7. I'm going to place top 8 or 10 thanks to some advice I got.

8. You go to in person tourneys.

9. Anyway this is really fun actually. Despite not being an in person tourney

Online tourneys are fun guys but go out to in person tourneys, Play money matches and friendlies.

Online is good for getting you started but in person is what really matters. Good luck everyone who entered.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Yea the one on the 18th is about my 6th or fifth tourney.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Ugh. Ness dittos are tough! So how does this go? Two out of three matches? Crio is an amazing Ness player. He gave me a run!

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
2 out of 3 results uffe? And Crio is good because he goes to offline tourneys and can actually play online

I'm only good because I can do good in offline tourneys.

Ness dittos are tough.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Pokémon Staduim 1
I won the match with two stocks left.

Pirate Ship
Crio won the match, both at the last stock.

Final Destination
I won I think with two stocks left. I can't remember that part. I was way into the moment as any of us could have won that last match.

Overall results, I had fun playing Crio. He's really tough and knows how to land bair effectively. Might I add he knows how to use PK Fire pretty good as he was able to hit me with it a number of times. I didn't feel any lag on my part. However he might have. I'm not sure. I'm reading the rules from now on. I wasn't sure if Pokémon Stadium 1 was a counterpick. I was not able to record any of the matches. Our first match lasted 3 minutes 10 seconds. The others were around three to four minutes.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Okay so Uffe wins I'll update those results. Uffe and Crio since you'll be facing Neon or NeoMagic your match is delayed until saturday because of there schedule.

Lag is always there. No matter how much or how little you feel it.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Okay so Uffe wins I'll update those results. Uffe and Crio since you'll be facing Neon or NeoMagic your match is delayed until saturday because of there schedule.
This Saturday, right? I had no idea this little tourney started to be honest. I figured since I might have not been able to make it, it probably wouldn't happen. I've got work from 12:00 - 7:00 pm PST (Pacific Standard Time) tomorrow just so you know. I've heard good things about Neon, so I wonder how I'll fair if I play him.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
This Saturday and I changed the round time zones... It turns out New york has it's own time zone.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Uffe was a fun fight. I think we would have had more fun if it were non-wifi.

I didn't feel any lag on my part. However he might have. I'm not sure.
Errr, yeah. I was actually getting between 1 to 2 seconds between input - action, almost constantly. You being in CA and me being in SC couldn't possibly help it, but... meh. No lag johns, I think Uffe still woulda won, but I was under some heavvy lag.

case in point: I gigabowserfailed PKT2 recovery and SD'd... what... 3 or 4 times? Pirate ship was my saving grace.

Addendum: I attend at least 3 in person tourneys a month :) Most of the time they're the Gamer's Edge weeklies, but I also hit up the CH biweeklies and occasionally WABA.

Are any Ness players considering going to C3 for the ECRC? Nov 22. Ashburn VA. I really want to go.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
You can never tell who will win depending on the results of wifi. So yea it doesn't matter this is just for fun, If you want to figure out who would of won, go to tourneys...

This is fun only. Wi fi is pretty much considered sandbagging no matter how and who you're playing.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Okay, so according to the brackets, I'm up against twoskilld4u, right?

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
What the heck, I'll enter.
Name: Man of Popsicle
Tag: muddy
FC: I'll get it in a minute
Color: Fuel or Slick, If you prefer one of those I'll switch accordingly.

Please don't match me up against someone until I have my FC. (I'll edit the post)
Also, I don't mind if we get recorded, and I vote lylat cruise as a counterpick as it hurts my eyes.

To whom it may concern: You'll probably deystroy me, I'm not very good. Just trying to improve. Also, if there is a dispute, just take the match, I really don't care.
EDIT* disputes over PKT2 missing due to lag are the only thing I may want a rematch about, unless I'm being utterly destroyed.

P.S. when Ness/Lucas vs. Ness/Lucas Psi magnet seems lame as it limits your options as the attacker by a lot.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Well I don't know how timezones work. I'd assume me being where I'm at is about three hours apart or something. I might not be able to do this tomorrow. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm not exactly worried about this.

And yes, if I recall correctly, Crio, I too, felt a bit of lag. It could possibly be due to today's weather. It's gotten cloudy and I'm thinking it's going to rain tomorrow which I believe isn't good for wifi. Anyway, this is what I wanted. I wanted to fight as many Ness mains as possible. Not to see if I'm better then anyone else but to get a good full experience out of Ness dittos. I used to have a hard time against Lucas mains, but it turns out my toughest opponent, aside from Samus, is Ness.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
I think YOU'RE TOO SLOW.

What?
You can basically never use PK.. fire/freeze/flash/thunder because they just absorb it, therefore limiting both players a lot on the offensive. Unless i the magnet is for a recovery. (psi magnet recovery)

Just ignore it.

Hell, I don't care if it's too late, it just said "this saturday" so I assumed.
I'll just take a random for fun match from anyone sometime :p yeah... I need to get my FC before that can happen.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
This is kinda bad timing. SAT tomorrow lolz.

Let's do another next weekend. I suck online though.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Oh, okay, I mis-read part of it, looked like gibberish =P

*neener neener* at thesage XD

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Okay, so according to the brackets, I'm up against twoskilld4u, right?
Correct and I didn't understand half of what was said after you.

The tourney already started. Sorry sage.

Top Bottom