• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sage and Ref's Ness only tourneys *Brackets are up!* *You may now Pm your opponents*

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Who's fault is it if I was here for about 4 hours, but he's only available after I have to go?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
So I'm guessing your match is delayed to saturday too...?

Ok for those of you who haven't found you match yet, theres about 2 hours and 30 minutes until the round ends. After that time PM me.

Matches not played so far

Neon Ness vs. NeoMagic - I heard the delay and okay
Gaussis vs. twoskilld4u -I heard from Guassis but I haven't got results
OrmusBlack vs. ColinJF - Didn't hear from either of you.
N.OW vs. turnsnoob - Didn't hear from you two
Earthbound Zero vs. Pride - I heard from earthbound zero but not pride
Smash64 vs. annoying1359 - Heard from annoying but not smash.

Okay guys in 2 more hours PM me or post that you can't find your opponent....

Uffe

Smash Hero
Okay so I've got an issue. What if your wifi suddenly gets an error report? I'm trying to play two of my friends but this message keeps appearing:

"There is no response. Either the player is not connected to Nintendo WiFi Connection, or you have been removed from the player's friend roster. Error Code: 80430"
This just started happening. I thought since it has done this three times to me already, what if we're to fight someone on a certain day but can't because of this?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Probably just your friend try having you host instead. It should work. Are you able to connect to Nintendo WFC?

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Likely it means that one party's internet was disrupted in some fashion. I would suggest you have both people disconnect, then reconnect to WFC.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'll be on 2morrow if people want to play me. If I start spamming pk fire it's cause I need to practice it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Okay so I've got an issue. What if your wifi suddenly gets an error report? I'm trying to play two of my friends but this message keeps appearing:

"There is no response. Either the player is not connected to Nintendo WiFi Connection, or you have been removed from the player's friend roster. Error Code: 80430"
This just started happening. I thought since it has done this three times to me already, what if we're to fight someone on a certain day but can't because of this?
I've had this happen to me. A lot. Once, me and one of my friends tried to play each other online. We'd just exchanged FC's, y'know? We played about 10 matches. Each one was 10 seconds long since we'd both get disconnected 10 seconds into the match.

What the hell, Nintendo

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Finally home...

Eh? Looks like I hafta fight NeoMagic tomorrow. ...This won't end well. :chuckle: I'd better practice tonight... Oh yeah, I should PM NeoMagic.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Round 1 ends in 40 more minutes all those who I heard from will advance all those who I didn't will end up in losers bracket. Sadly this is what it comes to for people who didn't show up. If for some reason you couldn't don't be too sad you have a second chance.

If your opponent PMed you and they weren't on during the time you received it or the other way around, Tell me this way I can hold your match until Saturday.

N.OW your opponent hasn't logged in since 4:09pm this could mean you'll advance...

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Okay Gaussis since your opponent hasn't responded you may advance. 34 minutes until round 1 ends.

Delayed matches:

1. Neomagic vs. Neon Ness
2. A1359 vs. smash64

My hearing from people and they will advance at 12:00am

1. N.OW
2. Earthbound Zero
3. Gaussis
4. Colin

If you are there and are going to play your round against the names above do so. Or else you'll end up in loser's brackets with me.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
smash64 pm'd me at 5:23. I replied 11 minutes later, and then I pm'd him again 3 hours later. He hasn't responded yet.

I'm heading to bed as well.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Okay guys this is looking good (by good I mean bad but the next matches will be interesting.)

Truth is that people who were sent to losers at the beginning will probably have an easier time because of all the people not showing up, they may not show up again.

Okay smash64 vs A1359 is delayed to saturday. Since he did send something.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Uh, my opponent just PM'ed me. He can't use his Wii because it was taken. So I guess it is a DQ then?

EDIT: Awww...It's 8:36 here. Too early for bed, no match. :(

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Yea if your wii is gone you're DQ sadly... Unless he can get it back right away or at least Saturday. Ask him for me.

Neon Ness

Whoa... lotta no shows... Eh. I think I'll find some people to practice against tonight if I get bored with Super Mario RPG... I don't want to end up in the losers bracket after only 1 round! :( Because I hear NeoMagic is good.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Don't worry about ending up in losers, and I beat super mario rpg already. I am so horrible online I'm just in this to take up a spot/lose for fun.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
smash64 wons both matches, I really need to play Ness online more. I started lagging like hell the second match, it was annoying. Good games, though, and now I have to sleep.

smash64

Smash Champion
ok we played i and i won and we did one for fun n.n gg's annoying1359, so who do i play next or is that till tomorrow?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Okay guys that's it for round 1, for the match that was delayed: NeoMagic vs. Neon Ness play it tomorrow and report it as quick as you can.

I'll do all the results and update the bracket so far.

You can start round two when both of you are ready.

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
For a second, I thought that round 2 was 12:00am to 5:00am. I almost freaked out. xD Well, at least I can sleep now, good-night everyone.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Whoa... lotta no shows... Eh. I think I'll find some people to practice against tonight if I get bored with Super Mario RPG... I don't want to end up in the losers bracket after only 1 round! :( Because I hear NeoMagic is good.
Who cares if you hear that NeoMagic is good? Do you doubt you're good? NeoMagic isn't impossible to beat, because I know without a doubt that he has lost more than one match in his lifetime. Both of you play as Ness. What should make him different from you? Also, it's on Wi-Fi, and Wi-Fi doesn't prove anything, which is why this is an online tourney for fun. Oh, and Pikachu is gay.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
Uh... that was pretty condescending to Gaussis...

Ness's down throw isn't very good by the way. I only use it if I am expecting the opponent to DI wrong so that I can land up air.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Uh... that was pretty condescending to Gaussis...

Ness's down throw isn't very good by the way. I only use it if I am expecting the opponent to DI wrong so that I can land up air.
That wasn't condescending in any way, unless anyone here would rather not think about what he or she could have done to win the match, and what his or her opponent was doing in order to win. I had posted a thread called, He Who Won Many Matches Lost Many Matches a while back in the Brawl Tactical Discussion, and though it was only a two page thread, it was received well. I have it also in my blog at All is Brawl. It's about thinking about your matches and what you can do to improve. It's also a reminder to never give up, regardless of how many times you lose.

Uffe

Smash Hero
He's probably asleep right now. :laugh: Or maybe he's busy with chores or something. ):

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Uffe you'll be playing Neo or Neon depending on who wins that match...

I'll record the results now.

Neon Ness

Hey, Ref, is there a time limit to how long the 1st round match between NeoMagic and me can be delayed? I PM'd him, but it doesn't look like he's been on all day...

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
It depends I'll see by the time round 2 ends, probably give you two 2 hours after round 2 ends.

Uffe

Smash Hero
AH-guh! I've got work at 12:00 pm PST (Pacific Standard Time) and I won't get off till 7:00 pm. I hope to fight Neon Ness or NeoMagic soon.

Top Bottom