• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sad News for Torrent Lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Mininova has basically gone the way of the dinosaur now. They only offer content distribution as of recent, which basically means you can only download torrents specifically given out by the original distributors of said material.

All in all this is a sad day indeed for everyone that used Mininova.

It's only a matter of time until The Hub becomes our sanctuary for distribution once more. Guarantee that.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Piratebay, IsoHunt, Vertor, and various other torrent sites are still out there, yeah, but mininova was one of the first true practitioners of safe torrenting without membership.

**** just sucks.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
There will always be a few sources that are private and work perfectly for any torrenting need.
I should reiterate what I said in my previous post, "without membership", meaning but not only pertaining to "private sources".

You are indeed correct, but the fact still remains, :(

Lovage

Smash Hero
fukkk

so what exactly has happened to pirate bay?
it's feels like it's been on the verge of getting shut down for 4 months.

at least demonoid is coming back soon

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Torrenting sites are blasted 24/7 with legal threats, so there's nothing new there. It's only when the threats gain momentum and become full blown lawsuits that we run into issues.

Piratebay is still up and kicking, but who knows how long that will last.

Demenoid trackers are up and you can find various torrent sites to get those demenoid torrents you so very much love.

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
i never fancy'd mininova
isohunt never failed me

new post for NK

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
If I could edit your post Fabian, it would look something like this:

Although I never particularly fancied the site, I hereby wish to express my sincerest condolences for everyone mourning the loss of Mininova.

For those of you searching for an alternative bit torrent search engine, I would recommend IsoHunt. I have personal experience using IsoHunt and will say it has yet to produce any negative results for me.

That is... if I COULD edit fabian's post...

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
Although I never particularly fancied the site, I hereby wish to express my sincerest condolences for everyone mourning the loss of Mininova.

For those of you searching for an alternative bit torrent search engine, I would recommend IsoHunt. I have personal experience using IsoHunt and will say it has yet to produce any negative results for me.

Mr Physych

Smash Apprentice
recently I have been using megaupload more than torrent. Its faster for me at least and i can find most of the stuff i would have gotten from isohunt on tehparadox or megauploadforum

Aftermath

Smash Champion
=( NK sounded so intellectual too...

poor guy

I didn't know him at all but it's a shame!
Yeah, these things always happen without warning.

If you're in the area, at R3 we're going to hold a little memorial for Mininova, you may not have known him but you're still welcome to come.

My condolences @ NK too.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
DDLS > Torrents all day.

Mininova was a ****ty site. The downloads there, regardless of how many seeders never allowed me to download their stuff. Isohunt **** on Mininova all day. Good riddance.

Frames

DI
if it aint private trackers its done...any of you who are grieving over mininovas loss and want to see how the other side lives...hit me with a pm and i'll hook you up =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom